Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #1  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Default Why O Why!!

It's one of those desperately deplorable actions we take to sabotage all the hard work we put in and eat bits and pieces, whatever they may be, knowing full well it's not really what we want to do and what the inevitable results will be!

I have constantly said that it is far better to just treat these occasions as a mere blip and get back to it a.s.a.p. Not to feel a failure but get back into the swing because it happens to the best of us! ... and so on, and so on!

But there is a point where lots of things come together and the feeling of utter desperation takes over. I just want to get thinner .. nothing overly dramatic...I want to be fitter and healthier.. If only those horrible attacks don't keep overtaking me!

Desperate..You could say that indeed! ..
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs. Just take it one day at a time
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

From looking at your stats, you have come a long way already and a blip isn't going to hurt anything.

You are right. Just move on and get on track.

In weight loss, as in the rest of life, we often sabotage ourselves in various ways.

Stuff happens. Just keep going.

Hugs!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #4  
Pantless

S/C/G: 205/185/170

Height: 5"4'

I know what you mean..I actually got down to about 185 before..and just. Depression kinda took over. Laziness too. I just didn't want to do anything and I didn't care anymore..

As time went by though I'd just see myself in the mirror and sigh and I went to weigh myself..just to see how much I gained after I stopped. And it was all back. All that hard work was gone. And it was the most horrible feeling. It made me not want to work out EVEN MORE.

But I talked myself out of it, I looked around fit blogs to get motivation again. Talked to friends and made plans. And it got me going again.

I'm 195 now..and I regret ever stopping that day. Just think where I would be if I didn't stop at 185. But. You just got to get over it. Take the one day at a time thing to heart. Talk yourself into starting again the next morning. Becos you don't want to climb this hill a 2nd time like I and probably a few others have to. )':
Torii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #5  
emaline29

Thanks for the input ladies.
I'm afraid that several of my hard fought for lost pounds have gone back on!!
Trouble is I am having a lot of problems with family.
Don't want to bore everyone with the details but suffice to say my eldest daughter, who I had been on really good terms with for a long time, suddenly went all sullen on me but then insisted it was my fault. That was two years ago and even tho' I have phoned her I get the cold shoulder attitude. My youngest daughter treats me with great distain despite my trying desperately to have a good relationship with her and now to cap it all my two sisters have turned up nasty and I have no idea what it is about. I have asked but get no real answer and then they never bother to ring at all...
I am 78 and my daughters are in their mid 50s..I can do without this hassle!
Just needed to have a rant!!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Food didn't cause those problems and it's not going to fix them! Think about an alcoholic, they'd use those same things as a reason to drink. Or someone who has compulsive tendencies, they'd use those as a reason to clean their entire house with q-tips.

Then imagine people who meditate, or run, or do yoga or garden to help soothe themselves. Pretend you are one of those people. Act "as if" you turn to knitting or drawing or sewing in times of stress instead of food.

I am there with you today. And stuck at home due to a snow storm. Thankfully my house is free of snacks and crackers and cheese so I just petulantly open a cabinet, glare at the cans of beans and dried grains, and shut it again, knowing that what I'm looking for isn't in there anyway.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #7  
emaline29

Very true Seagirl.
I have just been reading my posts that I put on here at the time I was staying with my daughter in 2011.. that's how long all this has been going on for.
At the moment I just feel at such odds with the world!!
Am I really such a grumpy old person?!! I cannot understand what has happened and am getting more and more depressed about it.