South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default March 2-3 Beachy Weekend Chat

Good morning chicks! It is cruel and unusual punishment for me to wake up early on my first day of vacation, but I knew y'all could sympathize.

We're leaving in a couple of hours for NC. Looking at the weather, it looks like we could get dumped on with snow up here before we get back...DARNED IT!! It better last until I get back.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy, and I hope you have a great vacation. I can't promise I'll save the snow for your return, though!

March is coming in like a lamb here so far, but as Tammy mentioned, we could get some significant snow in the middle of the week. I'm remaining optimistic. Not too much on my agenda for this day. Just a quick run to Walmart for a few things, then spending the rest of the day at the nursing home with my mother. We may try to take her out for a ride for a nice change of scenery if she's having a good day.

Here's to a super Saturday!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Twynn, figures you'd wake up early....I actually woke up the first time at midnight and tossed and turned for hours. Safe travels and have a great time!

Linda, I hope your mom feels good enough for a drive. I'm sure the change of scenery would be wonderful for everyone!

I need to head out the door in 10 min. but wanted to say hello! We dvr'ed our basketball game last night since it didn't start until 830. I couldn't stand it and checked FB to see if our team won or lost. We won so it will be fun and I won't tell DH.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm slightly incapacitated this morning - not from booze since I had a quiet night. I managed to slice a good hunk off my middle finger, left hand last night. It certainly bled! I actually considered a 911 call but dealt with it myself. It sort of affects my typing ability so I'll be quiet this weekend, for a change.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth!! I hope you are OK. I sliced a chunk from my thumb repairing window screens one summer. Eight stitches later it finally stopped. Lesson learned do not let myself get distracted when working with a utility knife. I hope your wound heals quickly.

TwynnB have a great trip

Cottage I do hope your mom is having a good day. My grandma loved going to Burger King for a Whopper. Of all the places she could have picked that was her favorite.

Debbie that will be challenging not telling DH. I probably Woukd have peaked at the score too.

Not much here besides riding, cooking, cleaning and a little sewing before meeting the girls for dinner. I was quite naughty yesterday so today I must be better. Well at least until dessert After all we are going to the Cheesecake Factory, enough said.

Enjoy your day
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Twynn enjoy your vacation, I woke up early too but refused to get out bed and fell asleep until 7:30

Cottage I hope you can take your mom for a drive today

Debbie- Have fun watching the game with DH later

Ruth- I hope your finger has stopped bleeding and I know how the nerves are on your digits it is like a throbbing pain, so I hope it heals quickly for you.

Jennifer enjoy your lunch I know I couldn't resist Cheesecake factory cheesecake either.

The scale was nice to me this morning and had a swoosh Last night DD1 and I ended up going to get a Pedi which was nice haven't had one in months. Today, helping DS and his GF book a hotel for their spring break they are going to Orlando they couldn't get off later in the month to be able to come with us, this will be the first time he has gone anywhere by himself- I guess he is old enough, 21, but I will still worry while he is gone lol.

Have a good day everyone, it is still gray and flurries around here, ready for some sunshine
Old 03-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #7  

CyndiM if you check in later the hummus pizza is amazing. In an effort to save time I bought whole wheat pizza dough and roasted red pepper hummus. Skipped the mushrooms and replaced with green peppers. Truly enjoyed this. Found it easier to spread the hummus with my fingers as it helped to keep the dough from shifting
Old 03-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ruth Good for you, toughing that out. I try to be tough but then I get nauseous from enough pain. I hope it's ok!!!

Going to see one of our fave guitarists tonight, Eric Johnson. First family concert! It's funny... I've been to a concert with Anna and her mom, but not with Anna and Chris.

WW flatout pizzas for supper with salad. Still OP! Probably more grains than I should lately but I have lots of produce now do I don't have to settle for ww toast for breakfast

Have a great night chickies!!

Lisa
Old 03-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Happy weekend everyone!
Day ONE on the South Beach!
The biggest challenge has been the mindless eating. If one of the children had a snack, I found myself popping one in my mouth - pretzel, popcorn, tic tack, waffle fries . . . loooong way to go for this to be natural/the norm.

Grace7
Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #10  
Losing to live longer.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

I am static over having had a hot dog! 97% fat free of course! It tasted good, now to find a good sugar free ketchup recipe...
I have been feeling great today, the lupus was alright, not too bad tonight, I am very grateful for that.

I am wondering about palm sugar? Not even for now but for phase 3, if that would be an acceptable glycemic substitute...for sugar.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #11  

Good morning Grace7 it takes time to undue "habits." I still have issues with night time snacking. Instead of chips I try to eat raw veggies and hummus. Good luck. Check in often it really does help.

Lupus glad to hear you are doing well. I am not sure about palm sugar. I do use coconut cane in a recipe. Maybe one of the more knowledgeable chicks could help.

Had a great time last night. Was really good yesterday, except for the cheesecake. Planned for it so no guilt Meals and snacks packed. Can't wait to have hummus pizza for lunch!

Enjoy your Sunday, time for me to make my train.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pouring mugs of Paul Newman for us all. I added some sf Irish cream syrup for a treat. This is the month of St Patrick.

My cousin Paul is coming over around 8 to deliver a propane generator he bought for me in the States. He will be here with his electrician next week to install it. It's going to start up on it's own when the power goes out - sure will be better than messing around with cans of gas and going outside to start the old one. (And it's never nice weather when the power goes out.)

Claire is also coming over to check out my cut finger and change the dressing. No doubt she'll give me heck for not going to the ER on Friday night. She worked as a medical receptionist and has opinions on anything medical but we usually ignore her. She's a good and caring friend.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I may join the doggage for an afternoon nap. I do have some sewing - need to label a quilt - but am not sure that I can do it minus a functioning finger. I'll give it a try though.

Have a good Sunday.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #13  

Thanks, Ruth. I do love Paul. I hope Clair deems your finger wasn't bad enough to go to the ER, but I know she'll still give you heck. I almost cut off my thumb with a mandolin several years ago, and took care of it myself with no lasting effects, but be mindful of getting it infected.

March is living up to it's name, the wind is gusty and it's freezing! A snowstorm is predicted for Wednesday, and we all have our eyes on that, but I think the brunt of it will miss us. We've had very little snow this winter, but now I'm ready for Spring.

I'll be spending another day at the nursing home with Mom, and I have to label all her things, then go over to Dad's to wade through some paperwork and write checks. Looking forward to relaxing with a glass of wine and watching The Amazing Race to wind up the weekend.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm baaaaaccck!

Had a great spa vacation, as always. But tweaked my foot as I was getting into the rental car at the end of my trip, of all things, and don't know what I did but clearly "something" since it still hurts to walk. It is less uncomfortable with shoes so I am sadly wearing my supportive running shoes with my pajamas even as I type. I had great plans to come back all filled with motivation to kick up my exercise routine. Guess not.

We have a mandatory store meeting this morning, before the store opens. Then I'll head to the grocery store to stock back up on OP foods.

Twynn - have a great vacation.

Ruth - Ouch!

Grace - Welcome.

And to everyone else!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #15  

Welcome home, Karen, and I'm glad you had a nice spa vacation. That's a shame about your foot injury, though, and thank goodness it didn't happen at the beginning of your vacation!
Closed Thread