Weight and Resistance Training - Strength training for someone with no access to gym

stacey4415
02-27-2013, 03:43 AM
Hi,
Was just wondering if anyone could give me advice. I am looking to do more strength training, but I can't go to a gym (too expensive) I have some weights, resistance bands etc at home but that's it. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a site, video or something that I could use as a basis for a strength training workout?

Many thanks

nelie
02-27-2013, 06:54 AM
I'd look at the resistance band sticky in this forum.

zoesmom
02-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Look up Jillian Michaels. Just about everything she has is for toning and mild strength training. I know some people might knock it, but I went from not being able to hold my 42 pound daughter more than 2 minutes to carrying her around for nearly an hour last weekend when she passed out...and that was only doing the 30DS for two weeks.

***edit***
Most of her videos can be streamed for free on You Tube

bubblybarrister
02-27-2013, 10:39 AM
The insanity workout also combines strength and cardio and needs no equipment. Something else I have found to be a good workout are the blogilates workouts on youtube! I also own resistance bands and do use them, but I think I feel more productive when I do exercises that use my body weight to resist (i.e., triceps dips).

Teaa
03-25-2013, 02:11 AM
I recommend P90X - got me really leaned and toned out. I always go back to it when I need an extra feel good workout! It's recommended that you get dumb bells, resistance bands and pull up bars but the resistance bars work just as well.

LRH
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Look up Joan Pagano--she has books for resistance training that comes with DVD. You can buy on Amazon.

zihlman
12-13-2013, 05:35 PM
I recommend P90X. It really toned me up and got me in shape without a need for much weight training equipment

indigal
03-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Living in rural India, I have no access to a gym either... I joined Physicalfix.com over a year ago & love it!!! Josh is a very enthusiastic online trainer. He has a facebook page too..

He's offering free workouts this month (March)... (https://www.facebook.com/events/710383505660284/)

I also use HasFit.com Great workouts there too..

Leanbodywomen
03-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Here's a quick workout you can do from home:

Do exercise for 45 seconds with 15 second break
1. squat
2. plank
3. jumping jack
4. rock climber
5. kneeling push up

Try one circuit for 5 minutes. If you feel courageous and energetic take a one minute break and do above circuit again.

Have fun.

xRiotGirl
09-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme, at home with 2 8 pounders, but they demonstrate how to use resistance bands in the vids. It's GREAT! Highly recommend!

Obsidianbbw
09-11-2014, 12:08 PM
I rent videos from amazon (1.99), Cathe Friedrich has some great stuff. Youtube also has a bunch of free video, fitness blender is my favorite.