WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 10:34 AM   #1  
Getting better every day!

Hope you can give me inspiration & help!!!
This coming Sunday, my son has an early soccer game. We used to get together with a family who has 3 boys playing on the opposing team. My DH informed me last night (after a disappointing weigh in) that he suggested we go out for breakfast after the game on Sunday. I generally don't care for eating breakfast out, mainly because the foods are usually prepared with lots of fat and not low in points. Please pass along any suggestions and any words of inspiration you may have regarding this issue!
Thanks.
Old 03-08-2001, 11:02 AM   #2  
Wolfangel

Default May I suggest:

A lot of places offer Egg Beaters as a sub. for real eggs and have a piece of whole wheat toast with a hint of butter for flavor. OR, get an Egg Beaters omelet with broccoli..YUM!

Fruit plates work well and you get your serving for the day.

Just use your good judgement and I’m SURE you will do well!

Old 03-08-2001, 11:04 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

You can always ask for Egg Substitute omelet with just free veggies and asked they cook it without any oils or butters, whole wheat toast (unbuttered or with butter on the side) and a fruit cup. A 3 egg omelet made with substitute is 2 points, the toast is 3 points, and 1 point for the fruit.
Old 03-08-2001, 11:20 AM   #4  

Fruit
Yogurt
Waffles
Oatmeal
Toast

Just some more ideas
Old 03-08-2001, 12:46 PM   #5  

Although I can't bear to do this because it pains me to pay 5 times more for something than it costs me to eat it at home, most places do have cereal and milk on their breakfast menu.

I'd probably go with the egg beaters, myself, but you can just get a bowl of Special K and some skim milk!
Old 03-08-2001, 01:23 PM   #6  
REC

One of my favorite lunches is a great breakfast: Overstuffed egg white omlet, cooked in PAM (1 point) with a large side of potatos cooked in PAM (a HUGH side of this is 3 points). 4 oz OJ for 1 point, if you have any more room.

Many times, I just play if safe with oatmeal and raisens and a side of bananas. I'll bring my own brown sugar (a real treat). If you want milk on your oatmeal, use skim. Also, one time I swore they put butter in the oatmeal, so ask.

Or, fresh fruit, especially if it's melons or berries or a combo!

Enjoy!
Old 03-08-2001, 01:40 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Depending on where you're going you could check out Dotti's site and see what kind of healthy options you have. I do this when I'm heading out for a meal and it helps me make a better choice.

Melissa
Old 03-09-2001, 03:21 AM   #8  

I have a group of friends that loves to go out for breakfast...I don't even look at the menu anymore...I decide how many points I am willing to spend and choose my breakfast before I go.
Usually I get an egg white omelet stuffed with STEAMED vegetables (tell them extra veggies!) with no cheese and cooked without oil--I actually sent an omelet back once because it came swimming in oil and the veggies had been sauteed in oil--WAY more than folks who ordered regular omelets. Why did they think I ordered egg whites and no cheese? Dry toast on the side...add a bit of jam...yummy
or
I've also gotten a couple of poached eggs and dry toast
or
oatmeal and raisins with skim milk
or
a fruit plate with cottage cheese
or
cereal and milk with fruit...
If it's getting close to lunch time, you can always do a salad with grilled chicken
Definitley check out dottis site...she's got loads of point values for lots of different places.
Enjoy!
Old 03-09-2001, 07:45 PM   #9  

Default breakfast out

My DH and I have breakfast out each and every Sunday morning.
Some options
If not really hungry..cereal and skim milk, with juice
What I usually have is: 2 poached eggs, unbuttered toast or 'dry' hashbrowns.
I actually ran across a restaurant that would not 'do' poached eggs. I asked, sweetly, 'do you boil eggs?'. She said yes, so I requested a soft boiled egg.
This is the same place which was a tad snotty about my requesting decaf coffee. When I spotted the waitress pouring my coffee from the regular pot I was seething. She came to the table with my coffee, and I said 'is this decaf'. She replied 'yes it is' . She was not happy when I told her I had seen her little trick.
Old 03-12-2001, 10:40 AM   #10  
Getting better every day!

Thnak you all for your ideas & suggestions. I survived the meal without any problem. I chose the vegetarian omelet, made with egg beaters & asked them to cook it dry, without any added fats. I order dry wheat toast and put jelly on it. I drank water & coffee with breakfast and was quite satisfied until around 4 Pm, when we had an early dinner. Incidentally, the people we went out to breakfast with we hadn't seen for quite a long time, but there was no mention of my 56.6 lbs. weight loss, but there were questions regarding my cholesterol (as if that's why I was so particular about my food!) Anyway, my cholesterol has been high and even though meds helped with the numbers, I was rather sick from them, with muscle aches & pains, so my MD has discontinued them for me.
Thanks again for all your input!
Closed Thread