Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 2/15/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 2/15/2013

lisa32989
02-15-2013, 07:26 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

GeauxTigers82
02-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning! Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day were big fails for me. Time to jump back on this IP horse! I am getting so close to my goal!

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Oh yeah - today is me and my husband's dating anniversary! 11 years!!!

Katkat
02-15-2013, 10:03 AM
My first NSV since staring IP today. Since my coach doesn't measure me a few days after I started IP I decided to measure myself for reference. Measured in today, a month after I took my first measurement and I am down 8 inches!! Woohoo! I haven't been able to tell because I work a lot and I always wear scrubs. Good way to start a Friday! Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend to come!

scorbett1103
02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I'm at the first of my two jobs today, waiting for my husband's grandfather to get up so I can make him breakfast and then play with my MIL's sewing machine :) I found the PERFECT fabric for the quilt backs (making quilts for my kids - I found Lightning McQueen fabric at Wal Mart for the little one and some cool Star Wars Clone Wars fabric for the older boy) and now THEY are getting excited about the quilts too! Guess that means I better get sewing!

I've been trying to figure out why I've had so much trouble getting my brain around putting together P3 breakfasts when I have sailed through P1 meals. I realized it's because I have NEVER been a big breakfast cooker! Breakfast has always been grab-and-go in my house, once in a while I'll do a french toast bake but that's rare. So I had to give myself permission to back off, use the resources that are already here (THANK YOU LIZRR!!) and LEARN how to do P3 breakfasts the same way I've learned to cook - following the darn recipes until I get the hang of it :)

I have also been gathering my resources for Maintenance, I am going to move to a *mostly* paleo style diet. I feel like that is going to give me the best whole foods diet and reduce the need for me to think too hard about the carb/fat meals :)

Mother of the Groom
02-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Hello everyone! I just started the program yesterday and already this morning down 4 lbs..simply amazing to me. I am so excited about this program, carbs have been my downfall all my life so learning to control them will stop all the yo-yo dieting I've been doing for years. A new way of thinking and eating with a bonus new body awaits :)
I'm so happy I found this site, it is so full of information and the support system among the members is outstanding!
Have a great day everyone!

bttrhalf
02-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Good Morning All happy FRIDAY:carrot:
I finally broke down yesterday and went and bought new bra's and undies. depressing that I have lost in the upper area and I didn't have that much to begin with:(
I did get a few pretties, I usually just went for the practical but now i want sexy:hat:
well weigh in is this afternoon hoping for something good, these last few pounds are being difficult.

meinvt
02-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Just started a few days ago, and it's not so bad. I love the recipe ideas I've found here and looking forward to using so many of them in the months to come. Your little tickers are all so inspiring and motivating! :snowglo:

lisa32989
02-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Hey everyone! Happy Friday!
NSV (sorta!). Yesterday I went to a resale shop.

I bought capris & shorts for spring/summer.
The NSV: a leap of faith. None of it fits now! (Pre IP this would have been a HUGE no-no)

In December I bought some pants that fit and one pair that was too snug. The only pair that fits now is the pair that was snug at the time. Everything else is pretty roomy or I'm already putting it in the donate pile.

So, the leap of faith is that I will REMAIN OP and lose the rest of my weight (50 more) and gradually fit into the shorts and capris I bought. I can zip some and some are "close". The ones that zip aren't really wearable yet. But that's how the jeans I bought in December were and they are plenty comfy now!

I have also been gathering my resources for Maintenance, I am going to move to a *mostly* paleo style diet. I feel like that is going to give me the best whole foods diet and reduce the need for me to think too hard about the carb/fat meals :)
That is my (future -still seems so far away) maintenance plan, as well. My coach and her chiro husband eat mostly paleo and it is the maintenance she endorses. I've been researching it/ half a$$ trying it for several years. Of course I didn't get to 260 by being incredibly successful but I've sure learned a LOT along the way. After IP success, I feel like my arsenal will be more complete to combat obesity for life. I have the knowledge and now I'm building the skills.

I listen to several incredibly informative podcasts on my 45 minute commute. Mostly paleo or natural wellness topics (Underground Wellness is my fav. Balanced Bites for paleo topics)
Mark's Daily Apple blog is wonderful too.
And I just bought Paul Chek's book How to Eat Move and Be Healthy. I heard about it SO.MANY.TIMES on the Underground Wellness podcast, I finally caved. Glad I did.

meinvt
02-15-2013, 11:28 AM
LOL - I always buy my clothes too tight - and because of that I will be able to get all the way to my goal without shopping. Hopefully plenty of trips to Goodwill though. . . Good Luck with that summer wardrobe!!

Ojenchilada
02-15-2013, 11:30 AM
My company always has jeans Fridays, but I don't usually wear jeans because I hate the **** muffin top result. I have several pairs of jeans in my closet, but some of them wouldn't zip, others wouldn't button, and others felt like they would split me in half.

Today, I decided to give them a try. THREE PAIRS will now be going to Goodwill because they're tooooooo big.

Also, I am a daily weigher, and today was the first time I saw 199. I can't wait until that leading 1 becomes permanent!

Finally, when I got to work and went into my office, my boss came in behind me and was pantomiming picking something up off the floor. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Oh, just picking up this weight you're dropping!"

Good morning! Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day were big fails for me. Time to jump back on this IP horse! I am getting so close to my goal!

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Oh yeah - today is me and my husband's dating anniversary! 11 years!!!

Congrats on the anniversary and on getting right back on this IP horse.

My first NSV since staring IP today. Since my coach doesn't measure me a few days after I started IP I decided to measure myself for reference. Measured in today, a month after I took my first measurement and I am down 8 inches!! Woohoo! I haven't been able to tell because I work a lot and I always wear scrubs. Good way to start a Friday! Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend to come!

Awesome! I really wish I had measured when I first started this diet. I know I am noticeably smaller, but I have no idea how many inches I have lost. 8 inches is amazing!

Hello everyone! I just started the program yesterday and already this morning down 4 lbs..simply amazing to me. I am so excited about this program, carbs have been my downfall all my life so learning to control them will stop all the yo-yo dieting I've been doing for years. A new way of thinking and eating with a bonus new body awaits :)
I'm so happy I found this site, it is so full of information and the support system among the members is outstanding!

It is an amazing program and, honestly, an even better forum. Brace yourself for the next few days--they might get a little rough. But it's worth it.

The NSV: a leap of faith. None of it fits now! (Pre IP this would have been a HUGE no-no)

In December I bought some pants that fit and one pair that was too snug. The only pair that fits now is the pair that was snug at the time. Everything else is pretty roomy or I'm already putting it in the donate pile.

So, the leap of faith is that I will REMAIN OP and lose the rest of my weight (50 more) and gradually fit into the shorts and capris I bought. I can zip some and some are "close". The ones that zip aren't really wearable yet. But that's how the jeans I bought in December were and they are plenty comfy now!

Great NSV!!

chicagoboiler
02-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I'm at the first of my two jobs today, waiting for my husband's grandfather to get up so I can make him breakfast and then play with my MIL's sewing machine :) I found the PERFECT fabric for the quilt backs (making quilts for my kids - I found Lightning McQueen fabric at Wal Mart for the little one and some cool Star Wars Clone Wars fabric for the older boy) and now THEY are getting excited about the quilts too! Guess that means I better get sewing!

I've been trying to figure out why I've had so much trouble getting my brain around putting together P3 breakfasts when I have sailed through P1 meals. I realized it's because I have NEVER been a big breakfast cooker! Breakfast has always been grab-and-go in my house, once in a while I'll do a french toast bake but that's rare. So I had to give myself permission to back off, use the resources that are already here (THANK YOU LIZRR!!) and LEARN how to do P3 breakfasts the same way I've learned to cook - following the darn recipes until I get the hang of it :)

Scorbett - You've been a weath of information, recipes, and everything...so keep us updated on how the Paleo plan goes for you in maintenance...my DH and I are looking at Paleo/Gluten free-like eating...but I'd love to hear your feedback.

lisa32989
02-15-2013, 11:33 AM
My company always has jeans Fridays, but I don't usually wear jeans because I hate the **** muffin top result. I have several pairs of jeans in my closet, but some of them wouldn't zip, others wouldn't button, and others felt like they would split me in half.

Today, I decided to give them a try. THREE PAIRS will now be going to Goodwill because they're tooooooo big.

Also, I am a daily weigher, and today was the first time I saw 199. I can't wait until that leading 1 becomes permanent!
Welcome to Onderland!
Stay off the scale over the weekend and I bet by Monday it'll be a permanent "1"

Danif
02-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Welcome!

Ojenchilada
02-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Welcome to Onderland!
Stay off the scale over the weekend and I bet by Monday it'll be a permanent "1"

Honestly...not sure that Monday will be the day. When I was considering starting IP, I thought, "But wait...we have the Rodeo Best Bites thing on Feb. 17. Maybe I should wait until after that to start."

Then I decided that I would start the program anyway but would definitely cheat for Best Bites. (I am on a Houston Rodeo committee that hosts this annual event where ~100 restaurants and ~400 wineries come to Reliant Center and give ticket-holders a taste.) I am definitely not looking for an excuse to cheat and haven't been off plan once since I started, and I have thought a lot about this. I don't intend to go completely overboard and will try to stick to the Atkins-type food items while I am there, but I will definitely have a bite of chocolate pecan pie and a glass of bubbly. Then I will be hardcore OP Monday and thereafter with the goal of being under 200 by official WI on Thursday. If it doesn't happen then, I know it will soon.

Desafinado
02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
I had my first food challenge last night and I think I navigated it well.

Some friends invited me to happy hour so we could discuss this life issue a friend was dealing with and of course I had to go.

I had a packet before I went. I ordered club soda with a lime and drank that only though they pressed a little trying to get me to have a glass of wine or something.

Then we ordered food. I got a mixed green salad, add grilled shrimp, asked them to grill them dry, dressing on the side. I picked the stuff out of the salad I couldn't eat (which coincidentally is stuff I don't like anyway, such as carrots, walnuts [i like these but not on a salad, yuck]). I did use a light scraping of the dressing (dipped a leaf in here or there), which was balsamic vinaigrette.

When I got home, I ate another packet!

I have to admit, they ordered nachos and I looooooooooooooove nachos, but it felt very liberating to make a better choice. I was not caving to the unhealthy choice.

Another reason this was a victory: aunt flo arrived yesterday.

scorbett1103
02-15-2013, 12:09 PM

Some friends invited me to happy hour so we could discuss this life issue a friend was dealing with and of course I had to go.

I had a packet before I went. I ordered club soda with a lime and drank that only though they pressed a little trying to get me to have a glass of wine or something.

Then we ordered food. I got a mixed green salad, add grilled shrimp, asked them to grill them dry, dressing on the side. I picked the stuff out of the salad I couldn't eat (which coincidentally is stuff I don't like anyway, such as carrots, walnuts [i like these but not on a salad, yuck]). I did use a light scraping of the dressing (dipped a leaf in here or there), which was balsamic vinaigrette.

I have to admit, they ordered nachos and I looooooooooooooove nachos, but it felt very liberating to make a better choice. I was not caving to the unhealthy choice.

Awesome job!!!!

lisa32989
02-15-2013, 12:14 PM

Why do friends feel the need to "push" us to imbibe? Why can't we choose to drink what we want?!? Grr!

It is SO liberating to feel stronger than food! Good for you!

Another hint re: dressings
If you don't take your own with you, just dip your fork in the dressing (dip, not scoop) before stabbing your salad. You'll get "just a hint" of dressing taste but barely use any. I've eaten my salads this way for YEARS.
I usually don't order oil & vinegar in restaurants b/c I've found a LOT of the oil in those decanters to be rancid -- I wonder how often it gets CHANGED??? YUCK!
If I get O&V, I just ask for a little container of EVOO from the kitchen in the same cup they'd bring salad dressing in, with some apple cider vinegar (they usually have it in kitchens, if the server ASKS, otherwise you end up with Balsamic)
If they're super busy, I know this is a hardship & then I resort to my dipping trick, making sure I don't order a dressing that has sugar.

lcheech
02-15-2013, 12:15 PM

Welcome!! You wont be so optimistic by day 3 and 4.. So on behalf of everyONE here.. DON'T GIVE UP! You will see feedback from people, that day 3 and 4 are the worst. Headaches, starving, feeling gross kinda of days... But I promise you it will get better. Just need to stick with it! :) You will do great. :)

jeffiner
02-15-2013, 12:48 PM
For all you daily weighers...do you notice that certain days of the week you just weigh more? I know there are days of the month that we weigh more but I have been tracking my weight daily and every week..I weigh the most on tues/ wed..then by fri I'm at my lowest. Its consistent week to week.

I also know that some people dont think we should weigh every day but for me its better. I see my weight go two down..one up..two down..one up..all week. If I only had my weekly WI I would be discouraged.

scorbett1103
02-15-2013, 12:51 PM
For all you daily weighers...do you notice that certain days of the week you just weigh more? I know there are days of the month that we weigh more but I have been tracking my weight daily and every week..I weigh the most on tues/ wed..then by fri I'm at my lowest. Its consistent week to week.

I also know that some people dont think we should weigh every day but for me its better. I see my weight go two down..one up..two down..one up..all week. If I only had my weekly WI I would be discouraged.

I have started weighing every few days now that I am headed to maintenance and need to start keeping on top of that stuff. I find that my LIGHTEST day tends to be Friday, and then I take a little bump up on Sunday or Monday. That's with no change in my eating - I think my body just likes to mess with me!

lisa32989
02-15-2013, 12:52 PM

My wii fit makes me a cute little graph. I don't even have to do it!
I can watch trends over time. And if I exercise before...ahem...using the facilities...I may re-weigh afterward. There is typically a 1 lb difference.

SylviesGirl
02-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Greetings from Day 3 -- :devil:

I feel horrible, but just keep telling myself that it means that my body is about to make a big, big turn-around. Lord knows, it needs a big turn-around, so I am all in. I went to bed super early last night since I had such a headache, even the lamp light was bothering me. Wish I could just laze around today, but my son is off from school . . . we're taking his new rabbit to the vet and then I have lots of mom-taxi duty to do.

Whatever it takes, I will do this! Wishing you all a successful day. :carrot:

tunafish246
02-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Good Morning All!

Hope everyone had a great Valentines day!

I came to a beautiful supper prepared by my husband that was IP safe! He made stuffed pork and broccoli. Yum Yum!

My2loseW8
02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the new folks!!! It will be awesome!
Congrats on the NSV's listed!
I feel pretty good, after my cruise in December- I struggled to get back on plan. Now 100% OP and lost 6 in the last two weeks. It makes me feel so empowered! The losing helps me say no to off plan things.. I almost feel affronted.. Like no way! You have to be kidding- I can't jeporadize the weight loss! (talking to myself of course! hehe)
Happy Friday everyone!
~My

RoslynsMom
02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I totally blew it last night. Hubby and I went to Texas Roadhouse. I had 1/3 of potato, my steak, and a salad. The only really big cheat was the blooming onion hubby and I split. But I don't have a gall bladder so I think it went right through me. Lol. Back to the plan this morning. On the upside I lost 3 pounds in the last 2 days even with the cheat. Oh, it felt really good to say no to the temptation of the roll and cinnamon butter.

my31rewards
02-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Happy Friday! Just had my WI - down 19 lbs total! This week was great except on Wednesday, it felt like day 3 all over again. I was exhausted, headache, felt like chest pains. But I pushed through and was rewarded again!

Ojenchilada
02-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Happy Friday! Just had my WI - down 19 lbs total! This week was great except on Wednesday, it felt like day 3 all over again. I was exhausted, headache, felt like chest pains. But I pushed through and was rewarded again!

Way to go!!:woohoo:

crazynette826
02-15-2013, 03:11 PM

I totally notice this! I'm always at my lowest on friday/saturday, and then gain a pound or two by monday/Tuesday, even though my eating doesn't change at all. Very strange!! I agree that if I only had my weekly WI I would get discouraged. I have an app on my phone that graphs my weight, and knowing that overall the weight is going down, helps me stay on track, and not get discouraged. Weight loss is weird! Isn't it?!

mrskuby
02-15-2013, 03:20 PM
I am a daily weigher too...I don't stress out over little fluctuations but I like to watch the gradual trend toward loss. I use the Libra app on my phone to track it and I agree, it helps to see the graph and know that it is a downward trend in spite of the fluctuations!

Cheekyskeeter
02-15-2013, 03:32 PM
I will admit I've been weighing myself daily as well. It actually gives me a boost each morning when I step on the scale and see a lower number then I've seen in a very long time.

DJ72
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM
NSV- I have 2 pairs of jeans that I could not breathe in before that now fit me! Yaay! That is great because my one pair that did fit me are looking tattered!
First Valentine's Day in 4 years with my DH that he didn't buy me my favorite dark chocolate. He is so supportive! He bought me a cute cadet style hat with bling on it that says Cowgirl! I love it! I had a small cheat and had a whiskey with water and diet pop but then did not eat my nightly protein snack. Extra water today.
TOM is on the way....aggh. I have been a little down the last 2 weeks on my losses...2 lbs this week and only 1 last. I need to get my head examined because a loss is a loss...and it took years to put this on, so it ain't coming off in a month!
A huge congrats to everybody out there! This can be a real tough go...this whole being a loser thing, but we are in this boat together.
Thanks for sharing!

KitKat169
02-15-2013, 03:38 PM

That is my (future -still seems so far away) maintenance plan, as well. My coach and her chiro husband eat mostly paleo and it is the maintenance she endorses. I've been researching it/ half a$$ trying it for several years. Of course I didn't get to 260 by being incredibly successful but I've sure learned a LOT along the way. After IP success, I feel like my arsenal will be more complete to combat obesity for life. I have the knowledge and now I'm building the skills.

I listen to several incredibly informative podcasts on my 45 minute commute. Mostly paleo or natural wellness topics (Underground Wellness is my fav. Balanced Bites for paleo topics)
Mark's Daily Apple blog is wonderful too.
And I just bought Paul Chek's book How to Eat Move and Be Healthy. I heard about it SO.MANY.TIMES on the Underground Wellness podcast, I finally caved. Glad I did.

Nice job on the clothes! I knew you would need to go shopping when you said you were fitting your capris now. It will feel good to have those future clothes. I love that I had the confidence to buy in advance too and that it paid off in the end!

Honestly...not sure that Monday will be the day. When I was considering starting IP, I thought, "But wait...we have the Rodeo Best Bites thing on Feb. 17. Maybe I should wait until after that to start."

Then I decided that I would start the program anyway but would definitely cheat for Best Bites. (I am on a Houston Rodeo committee that hosts this annual event where ~100 restaurants and ~400 wineries come to Reliant Center and give ticket-holders a taste.) I am definitely not looking for an excuse to cheat and haven't been off plan once since I started, and I have thought a lot about this. I don't intend to go completely overboard and will try to stick to the Atkins-type food items while I am there, but I will definitely have a bite of chocolate pecan pie and a glass of bubbly. Then I will be hardcore OP Monday and thereafter with the goal of being under 200 by official WI on Thursday. If it doesn't happen then, I know it will soon.

I have a hard time believing that you could be so excited about seeing a 1 on the scale then turn around and say you are going off program for an event. This is the slippery slope that people head down and have a hard time ever recovering from. I encourage you to rethink your priorities and why you are losing weight to begin with. That food you want so much isn't going away anytime soon. You will be able to get to it again once you're in maintenance. And you won't have lost a week or more because of one moment now. Is food really more important to you than YOU???

Well done on your evening out.

I totally blew it last night. Hubby and I went to Texas Roadhouse. I had 1/3 of potato, my steak, and a salad. The only really big cheat was the blooming onion hubby and I split. But I don't have a gall bladder so I think it went right through me. Lol. Back to the plan this morning. On the upside I lost 3 pounds in the last 2 days even with the cheat. Oh, it felt really good to say no to the temptation of the roll and cinnamon butter.

Some suggestions for you: don't order the potato to begin with. It shouldn't have been on your plate to be tempted to even eat one bite it. They probably had broccoli or something healthy you could have substituted with. Also have a plan before you go. Tell you DH what you will be ordering and stick to it. I just read on a web article how the blooming onion is one of the top 10 WORSE appetizers you could have eaten. You may see the upside now but I think you are also on the downward slope, "well cheating worked out okay once so . . . " Don't give in again! Get to maintenance, deal with it in a more healthful way. You can be strong, you can do this.

KitKat169
02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
NSV- I have 2 pairs of jeans that I could not breathe in before that now fit me! Yaay! That is great because my one pair that did fit me are looking tattered!
First Valentine's Day in 4 years with my DH that he didn't buy me my favorite dark chocolate. He is so supportive! He bought me a cute cadet style hat with bling on it that says Cowgirl! I love it! I had a small cheat and had a whiskey with water and diet pop but then did not eat my nightly protein snack. Extra water today.
TOM is on the way....aggh. I have been a little down the last 2 weeks on my losses...2 lbs this week and only 1 last. I need to get my head examined because a loss is a loss...and it took years to put this on, so it ain't coming off in a month!
A huge congrats to everybody out there! This can be a real tough go...this whole being a loser thing, but we are in this boat together.
Thanks for sharing!

Alcohol is not a trade-off for a packet and results in a double-whammy. Calorie wise you may think you even out but 1. alcohol will inhibit your liver's ability to process fat for the next few days and 2. your body will feel it is being starved because alcohol has no nutritional value like the protein packet would have had.

Careful with those cheats. The program is designed as a no deviation program. Yes it is hard but it is only a few weeks, months or even a year of a very long life of cheating. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

M35A2
02-15-2013, 03:51 PM
WK 3 WI today -3. Coach is a little concerned that I'm not losing more than I have been. Last week was an aberration due to the kitchen being torn up but still less than expected this week. I have to take photos of all of our vitamins and their ingredients. She said a lot of OTC vitamins use vegitable fillers so could be hitting me with extra carbs.

She's leaving next Wed for an IP seminar in New Orleans so will be gone for my regularly scheduled WI. I'm going in Tues with my wife for her WI and will do one then. Until Tue I'm going to go with out any Restricteds and see if that helps. Also going to up the Smooth Move Tea as I'm only going about every 3rd day or so.

Still I'm happy that I'm losing so will keep plugging along. We'll see if the minor adjustments help any more.

maezy1
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
LISA32989 U will appreciate this! I got on my wii fit for the first time since starting IP. Kinda funny ! The chart looks like a ski slope black run.
I just started doing what yall have been and bought a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller and a dress one size smaller hoping I could get through all of the end of year ceremonies with it. All of it fits. May have to go to smaller sizes and I cannot believe that I am saying that!
Going to meet some of my ipeeps from online this weekend and I'm so excited!

Ojenchilada
02-15-2013, 03:54 PM
"Is food really more important to you than YOU???"

Good question and I truly appreciate the feedback, but no, it isn't. I've never had a hard time putting myself first, and God knows I have chosen me and this diet over food and festivity countless times already.

I have put hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into this event, and I look forward to it every year. It's not really as much about the food and wine as it is about the experience--but, that said, I eat a bite of chocolate pecan pie exactly once per year. I made this promise to myself when I started the program, I told my coach on day 1, I haven't cheated otherwise at all, and I know I won't go off the deep end or slide down a slippery slope--because this isn't anything like sitting on the couch eating a post-dinner ice cream cone.

I am not in a race to lose this weight. I lost nearly 80 pounds several years ago on Weight Watchers. I was 100% OP every single day. I worked myself to death in the gym. I followed all the rules. I participated heavily in the forums. I never went over points, not even once, and I followed all 8 healthy guidelines. I went to all the meetings. When I "finished," I felt like I "deserved" to treat myself because I had been so militant all that time. I got back up to 219 lbs.

Two years later, I did the exact same thing again. I got back up to 222 lbs.

So...I value the concept of being 100% OP, and I agree that if I am going to cheat on a regular basis, I shouldn't do this diet. On the other hand, this is a managed risk that I am willing to take, and I think it is consistent with my plan to actually make a permanent change in my life.

DJ72
02-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Alcohol is not a trade-off for a packet and results in a double-whammy. Calorie wise you may think you even out but 1. alcohol will inhibit your liver's ability to process fat for the next few days and 2. your body will feel it is being starved because alcohol has no nutritional value like the protein packet would have had.

Careful with those cheats. The program is designed as a no deviation program. Yes it is hard but it is only a few weeks, months or even a year of a very long life of cheating. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

:devil: Hey KitKat...I am well aware of everything you said and I agree with it! But...I am also very carfeul about what I have been doing on a daily basis. Yes...a cheat is a cheat, but it was worth it and I am planning on staying on track until the end of March when I go to Jamaica. I will not be following IP on my holiday and am prepared for the weight gain. Will just start all over when I get home.
I need to live life...do what I enjoy and yes, make some sacrifices. If I have cheat or two then I pay the price at taking longer to achieve my goals.
Although I am very skeptical about the IP diet plan, I am following it. Do I think it is a smart diet? NO Do I think that people will maintain after it? No...for the most part... Is it a way to lose weight fast? YES I see people like corbett are already planning their new way of eating after IP...and I believe it is people like her that will achieve their goals and maintain.
I have been on more diet plans than you can shake a stick at....and it really all boils down to maintenece and what you do after the BIG LOSS...THAT is my big challenge. So one drink....not worried and not going to beat myself up over it!:cool:

mrskuby
02-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Wow, this conversation about cheats is bringing out the :devil: and :angel: on my shoulders! While I agree that staying OP is super important, I also feel like this is life...we get only one...if there is something that someone deems as very important to them and they want to just live for a day without thinking about IP, then by all means, go for it. I guess the slippery slope happens when cheats become the way of life...The other thing I believe is that if someone is 95% OP and can live with slower losses, then that might make the plan more doable for them...as opposed to one drink equals failure...Just my two cents...as you can see it's clear as mud!! :D

IdealProteinNewbie
02-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Coach got an email from IP Headquarters today about new products.

First is a Phase 4 meal replacement shake. It will cover the requirements of your breakfast meal and is only supposed to be used if you're in a pinch. They want to encourage dieters to eat "real" food (Whole grain toast, fruit, yogurt, etc).

Second is a Phase 4 ready to eat Chicken Curry meal. Again, to be used only when you're in a bind.

Another is a Mango flavored, calorie free drink enhancer similar to MiO, but with sodium and electolytes.

Now the exciting news...new NON-RESTRICTED packets!!!
- cornflakes
- potato chips
- brownie
- cappucino RTD
- ready to eat chocolate pudding cups (already available in Cananda)

Ojenchilada
02-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Coach got an email from IP Headquarters today about new products.

First is a Phase 4 meal replacement shake. It will cover the requirements of your breakfast meal and is only supposed to be used if you're in a pinch. They want to encourage dieters to eat "real" food (Whole grain toast, fruit, yogurt, etc).

Second is a Phase 4 ready to eat Chicken Curry meal. Again, to be used only when you're in a bind.

Another is a Mango flavored, calorie free drink enhancer similar to MiO, but with sodium and electolytes.

Now the exciting news...new NON-RESTRICTED packets!!!
- cornflakes
- potato chips
- brownie
- cappucino RTD
- ready to eat chocolate pudding cups (already available in Cananda)

V. excited about the cappucino RTD! Skeptical about the brownie, but will definitely try it. Weird that they picked mango as the flavor for the drink enhancer. That doesn't seem as universally appealing as some other flavors might be.

DJ72
02-15-2013, 04:49 PM
mrskuby....my point exactly! And just to defend/clarify myself...I refrained from my protein snack that night not because I thought it was a trade off but that i knew my body would be working on burning off the alcohol as fuel first and that any extra calories would not be wise.
I know that we are all here to support one another and help each other stay on track...but I will admit to my cheats because that makes me accountable for them. I do not see it as failure but as a good thing that the next day I can say, "MMMM that rye and coke was good but now we are back to behaving!" LOL And if I only lose a half a pound next week I have only myself to blame!

meinvt
02-15-2013, 05:02 PM

I feel horrible, but just keep telling myself that it means that my body is about to make a big, big turn-around. Lord knows, it needs a big turn-around, so I am all in. I went to bed super early last night since I had such a headache, even the lamp light was bothering me. Wish I could just laze around today, but my son is off from school . . . we're taking his new rabbit to the vet and then I have lots of mom-taxi duty to do.

My first few days were like that too. I think sugar messes with your head! I'm on day 5 now and feel much better. I'm finding the Mom-Taxi Duty is keeping me out of the kitchen, so for the first time ever I'm happy to be grabbing the keys!

leannekarella
02-15-2013, 05:35 PM

I weigh every morning. I have a piece of notebook paper taped to my bathroom wall (Ensuite bathroom, not public!) and so first thing every morning, I get on the scale and write it down. That way I have a real visual of every pound that comes off. And yeah, I go up and down up and down daily, but I have averaged 2.87/week for 7 weeks. Makes me very happy.

scorbett1103
02-15-2013, 05:36 PM
OK - I am going to chime in about all this cheat talk - and then move on :)

I am totally in agreement that we all need to weigh the pros and cons of each situation we encounter and decide what is best for us. I get that life is still going on around us while we are on this journey - and we are all learning how to make good choices for good, not just for now.

But here's the thing - part of weighing the pros and cons has to include the commitment to the process. I equate it to pregnancy. For nine months, I had to look at a much bigger picture than just what was going on around me - my growing child's best interest was part of the equation. I was committed to giving him the best start possible, no matter what that meant to me - so for 9 months I gave up my wine, certain foods I loved, and many activities I enjoyed because they didn't fit the big picture. IP is the same - your long term health is your baby. If you commit to the process, you should be giving it every opportunity to come to fruition as best as possible. That might mean making some hard choices in the short time that you are on the diet.

I get the "specialness" of certain things. I had my 20th high school reunion right around Thanksgiving. I was very involved in the planning process, and it will likely be the only one I go to. I stayed 100% OP for it, and didn't have any less of a good time. Hubby and I just had a wonderful, 100% IP safe V-day complete with delicious food, regular dessert for him and an IP packet dessert for me. Special events and opportunities will be there long after I have been off the diet and maintaining. The point is, we are VERY capable of justifying things if we want to - and yes the reasoning may be completely logical or totally understandable. But IP is a short term commitment with long-term consequences (good ones!) and at least for me, that commitment trumps whatever else gets thrown in my path. I am stronger for saying no when I *could* have said yes, and that is something that will carry me through when I am less restricted.

Just my two cents :)

leannekarella
02-15-2013, 05:37 PM

Hang in there. It'll get better. I promise!

leannekarella
02-15-2013, 05:43 PM
OK - I am going to chime in about all this cheat talk - and then move on :)

I am totally in agreement that we all need to weigh the pros and cons of each situation we encounter and decide what is best for us. I get that life is still going on around us while we are on this journey - and we are all learning how to make good choices for good, not just for now.

But here's the thing - part of weighing the pros and cons has to include the commitment to the process. I equate it to pregnancy. For nine months, I had to look at a much bigger picture than just what was going on around me - my growing child's best interest was part of the equation. I was committed to giving him the best start possible, no matter what that meant to me - so for 9 months I gave up my wine, certain foods I loved, and many activities I enjoyed because they didn't fit the big picture. IP is the same - your long term health is your baby. If you commit to the process, you should be giving it every opportunity to come to fruition as best as possible. That might mean making some hard choices in the short time that you are on the diet.

I get the "specialness" of certain things. I had my 20th high school reunion right around Thanksgiving. I was very involved in the planning process, and it will likely be the only one I go to. I stayed 100% OP for it, and didn't have any less of a good time. Hubby and I just had a wonderful, 100% IP safe V-day complete with delicious food, regular dessert for him and an IP packet dessert for me. Special events and opportunities will be there long after I have been off the diet and maintaining. The point is, we are VERY capable of justifying things if we want to - and yes the reasoning may be completely logical or totally understandable. But IP is a short term commitment with long-term consequences (good ones!) and at least for me, that commitment trumps whatever else gets thrown in my path. I am stronger for saying no when I *could* have said yes, and that is something that will carry me through when I am less restricted.

Just my two cents :)

Well said Scorbett!

After week one on this diet, and seeing the weight melt off... I honestly haven't had a strong urge (not strong enough to make me stray) to "cheat."
I will stay on plan. It's a commitment I've made to myself and my family.

Besides, the other thing...
If you cheat, it takes a couple of days to get back into ketosis. For me, I think about the price of my IP and IP alternative foods... It costs too much out of my bank account to lose 2 days of weight loss!

ladylunk
02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
On the whole cheating debate, I definately see both sides of the story as well. It's great to hear advice on ways things could have been done to avoid the cheat... That is really helpful. We are all adults, we all struggle with things and if one makes the decision to cheat than that is something they live with and have to continue on what path they decide.

I also feel like we are all on this for different reasons. For some its IP way or very bad health problems lets call it life or death reasons to be on it. For others it's a way to lose weight but not a life changing event. I guess food is some peoples biggest struggle, for others there could be struggles bigger than that .....

I am on it right now to get to a more comfortable weight and yes will be going off when I go on holiday. When I get back I will decide where I want to be. For now I am happy and very proud that I am doing this well and have stayed on program (a month OP and have never stayed on a diet this long). I have had so much help from this site and it is great to be on it everyday to help get me through my days.

I do look forward to the treats in life though and I know I always will. This diet will probably not be changing me forever. I can honestly say that, but hope to have some healthier eating habits from it. Kudos to those who are doing so well at goal and maintenance and their stories are inspirational, maybe they will change me, who knows.....I just hope to feel welcome here if my goals are not the same.

For me while I am staying OP and see people have cheated and are posting about it, instead of getting upset that people are talking about cheating, I give myself a pat on the back that I made it through the day yesterday. Some people just have to put it out there as DJ72 says, it helps them be held accountable. Anyway we are all coming here for support to get through things....and I think I have said enough now phew

NinjaNurse
02-15-2013, 06:35 PM

You did great!!!! I went out to eat (something I still dread) with my family yesterday. I had a delicious piece of Salmon and a huge tossed salad. (There were no veggies available I could eat at this place.) EVERYONE had dessert, my daughter got a red velvet cupcake the size of her head. (Most of it is in the fridge now.) My eyes wanted to scoff down that cupcake, but my heart wasn't in it. Went home and made a yummy curry soup and had my fave Soy peanut puffs for dessert.

Wow, this conversation about cheats is bringing out the :devil: and :angel: on my shoulders! While I agree that staying OP is super important, I also feel like this is life...we get only one...if there is something that someone deems as very important to them and they want to just live for a day without thinking about IP, then by all means, go for it. I guess the slippery slope happens when cheats become the way of life...The other thing I believe is that if someone is 95% OP and can live with slower losses, then that might make the plan more doable for them...as opposed to one drink equals failure...Just my two cents...as you can see it's clear as mud!! :D

I totally agree with this!!! What I am going to do on my trip is stressing me out. Do I want to cheat? Not really. Is there anything in Ireland food wise I need to have?? NO. BUT to plan and organize for the entire time I am there (21 days) is already causing me to worry. My In-laws are in a more rural area with a small grocery store in the town over. I joked about having a Guiness, but at most the times I have been in the past I'll have one or two total. My family aren't big drinkers and quite a few eat healthy so it's not like I will be tempted a lot. AND worst of all, I have HUGE issues flying and have always had at least 1 glass of wine before the flight. (Mostly more but that is my deal.)
I think it's not always cut and dry. I thought it was, but now as I face what I consider to be a challenge, it isn't so easy. Am I thrilled with my weight loss so far? ABSOLUTELY. Do I know next time we go to Ireland it will be a lot easier? OF COURSE. But I think there is a lot more involved in everyone's personal circumstances that require them to do what they need to do.
WILL I come back on here and WHINE that I cheated (or go off plan if I do) and look for shoulders to cry on?? NO and you can all feel free to cyber slap me if I do. I think that is what a lot of people have issue with. We all know what IP is about, but we all have our own lives to maneuver. At the end of the day, whatever choices are made, you are only asking for a ***** slap if you come back here and write a pity me post. I for one, have a lot of thinking and planning to do.

mompattie
02-15-2013, 06:38 PM
"Is food really more important to you than YOU???"

Good question and I truly appreciate the feedback, but no, it isn't. I've never had a hard time putting myself first, and God knows I have chosen me and this diet over food and festivity countless times already.

I have put hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into this event, and I look forward to it every year. It's not really as much about the food and wine as it is about the experience--but, that said, I eat a bite of chocolate pecan pie exactly once per year. I made this promise to myself when I started the program, I told my coach on day 1, I haven't cheated otherwise at all, and I know I won't go off the deep end or slide down a slippery slope--because this isn't anything like sitting on the couch eating a post-dinner ice cream cone.

I am not in a race to lose this weight. I lost nearly 80 pounds several years ago on Weight Watchers. I was 100% OP every single day. I worked myself to death in the gym. I followed all the rules. I participated heavily in the forums. I never went over points, not even once, and I followed all 8 healthy guidelines. I went to all the meetings. When I "finished," I felt like I "deserved" to treat myself because I had been so militant all that time. I got back up to 219 lbs.

Two years later, I did the exact same thing again. I got back up to 222 lbs.

So...I value the concept of being 100% OP, and I agree that if I am going to cheat on a regular basis, I shouldn't do this diet. On the other hand, this is a managed risk that I am willing to take, and I think it is consistent with my plan to actually make a permanent change in my life.

LIKE these replies. Cheating is a slippery slope, one I've been on. It's so slippery in fact that one bite becomes two, one day off plan becomes two days, etc. ACK!! Its easier to stay in ketosis, get our moneys worth from the packets and vitamins and get this done!! Getting back into ketosis is a *****, so I'm staying right where I am. We each have it IN US to do this, 100% or in my case 95% (I use a couple more veggies some hungry days and maybe another packet that kind of thing). And in the end, it's a life time change, so I'm focusing on what makes me overeat and fix that. :hug:.

Ojenchilada
02-15-2013, 07:08 PM
I love this debate and everyone's passion about this program. I promise I won't whine on Monday (after I wine on Sunday). No, I take that back. If I have a headache or tummy ache, I will probably say so. Feel free to ignore me or say "told ya so!" Knowing all the 100%ers are here watching has likely kept me from little day to day cheats--but it won't keep me from being transparent about the choices I am making on this side of the computer screen. I just might need a butt kicking from time to time.

Glover girl
02-15-2013, 07:16 PM
I have HUGE issues flying and have always had at least 1 glass of wine before the flight.

Me too. I haven't been on a plane sine 2000! I will be flying out to AZ next Saturday. I asked my MD for some Xanax, maybe you should too. Happy travels!:)

NinjaNurse
02-15-2013, 07:20 PM
I have HUGE issues flying and have always had at least 1 glass of wine before the flight.

Me too. I haven't been on a plane sine 2000! I will be flying out to AZ next Saturday. I asked my MD for some Xanax, maybe you should too. Happy travels!:)

Xanax is my fave but last time I used Klonopin because it was what I had. I may ask for Xanax again.

NinjaNurse
02-15-2013, 07:22 PM
I love this debate and everyone's passion about this program. I promise I won't whine on Monday (after I wine on Sunday). No, I take that back. If I have a headache or tummy ache, I will probably say so. Feel free to ignore me or say "told ya so!" Knowing all the 100%ers are here watching has likely kept me from little day to day cheats--but it won't keep me from being transparent about the choices I am making on this side of the computer screen. I just might need a butt kicking from time to time.

I agree it's nice to have a nice debate going without anyone slapping hands and ranting this is 100%. We all know that. It's nice to know people struggle too.

M35A2
02-15-2013, 07:23 PM
I was lucky on our flight to Dublin. I simply took my usual night time meds right after getting on the plane and woke up about 1/2 hour before landing. The trip back wasn't so good as we got up at 3:30am Dublin time to get to the airport only to find out our flight was delayed by 2 hours. I wound up staying awake for the entire flight from there to NC and on to San Antonio (about 22 hours total).

ragdoll74
02-15-2013, 07:45 PM
It's not a debate. The people with experience on IP are trying to warn you about the consequences of cheating.

If you look at older threads you kind find countless people who cheated and couldn't get back on plan. They never managed to get back on plan and just dropped off the forum.

I've seen it first hand here. Watched everyone warn someone new that the shouldn't cheat, and that person comes back after posting a couple times about how hard it is to stay on plan after. Eventually they stop posting.

Check out the first poster on the 30 by valentines day thread. Bella struggled after her cheat, and hasn't been back here since end of January.

I hope your cheats are worth it.

scorbett1103
02-15-2013, 07:49 PM

No whine for wine! :)

I hope that whenever some of us chime in when the "off plan" talk happens that it's taken in the right spirit - I can only speak from my own experiences but I know that 1) I have been able to overcome some GOD AWFUL temptations (not without a little inner temper tantrum but it was a victory!) so I never want to see someone fall off the wagon because they didn't think they could be strong, and 2) this program is darn expensive and I don't like to see people throwing their money away. Ultimately what we all want is for all of us to cross the line into maintenance and do a victory dance :)

rofl306
02-15-2013, 08:17 PM
It's not a debate. The people with experience on IP are trying to warn you about the consequences of cheating.

If you look at older threads you kind find countless people who cheated and couldn't get back on plan. They never managed to get back on plan and just dropped off the forum.

I've seen it first hand here. Watched everyone warn someone new that the shouldn't cheat, and that person comes back after posting a couple times about how hard it is to stay on plan after. Eventually they stop posting.

Check out the first poster on the 30 by valentines day thread. Bella struggled after her cheat, and hasn't been back here since end of January.

I hope your cheats are worth it.

I respectfully disagree. This is a debate. Many people pick a high goal, go on maintenance and then decide later to return to phase 1 and head for a lower goal. They do this successfully.

We are all here for different reasons and make different choices. What will work for some may not work for others. Their choice is not wrong it is their choice. Let's give a cautionary tale not a lecture is I think what would be better received.

Diaz
02-15-2013, 08:29 PM
I am starting my 4th week on the IP and I have lost 13 pound in 3 weeks :) This is really hard but I have been faithful to the diet 100% On Sunday I will go out with some friends for the first time since I started this. I was thinking that maybe I would be "cheating" a little bit, but after reading all the comments I think I wont...Is not worth it for me. Will still go out with friends but I will be really careful with my food options.
Good luck to everyone out there!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/sliderbug/lb/193/160/180/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

rofl306
02-15-2013, 08:44 PM
I am starting my 4th week on the IP and I have lost 13 pound in 3 weeks :) This is really hard but I have been faithful to the diet 100% On Sunday I will go out with some friends for the first time since I started this. I was thinking that maybe I would be "cheating" a little bit, but after reading all the comments I think I wont...Is not worth it for me. Will still go out with friends but I will be really careful with my food options.
Good luck to everyone out there!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/sliderbug/lb/193/160/180/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Good for you! If you look through the threads you will find lots of help for good choices. We eat out all time and you will learn what works for you. Check out the restaurant website to check out the menu.

Best wishes and have fun!

NinjaNurse
02-15-2013, 08:47 PM
No whine for wine! :)

I hope that whenever some of us chime in when the "off plan" talk happens that it's taken in the right spirit - I can only speak from my own experiences but I know that 1) I have been able to overcome some GOD AWFUL temptations (not without a little inner temper tantrum but it was a victory!) so I never want to see someone fall off the wagon because they didn't think they could be strong, and 2) this program is darn expensive and I don't like to see people throwing their money away. Ultimately what we all want is for all of us to cross the line into maintenance and do a victory dance :)

S, you know I love you but you know how I feel about some of the replies to people who have struggled enough or are too new that have fallen off plan or cheated. Some of the replies from people who have never cheated or struggled enough to cheat do come across as condescending and smug. It's a turn off. Maybe the person(s) writing did not mean to come across that way, but we all know tone is not reflected on the internet. We are all the same in that we got the way we are (were) and now here for the same basic reason. To lose weight and get healthy. To get support from people who know what it's like and not lectures. (Just saw the Price of Cheating thread bumped again.) How many people come on here stay OP and just leave or don't post?? (I know of one person, they didn't leave because they cheated.) I know if I were TRULY struggling with what to do on my trip (instead of trying to figure it out rationally in my head) and all I got was the we are 100% and the price of cheating thrown in my face, I'd be afraid to post or leave too.

I respectfully disagree. This is a debate. Many people pick a high goal, go on maintenance and then decide later to return to phase 1 and head for a lower goal. They do this successfully.

We are all here for different reasons and make different choices. What will work for some may not work for others. Their choice is not wrong it is their choice. Let's give a cautionary tale not a lecture is I think what would be better received.

AMEN SISTA!!!! If none of us had issues with food we wouldn't be here in the 1st place. We've obviously have made plenty of poor food choices over the years and just because we are now on IP doesn't make us automatic Superheroes. Everyone has some sort of kryptonite in their lives.

Tziri
02-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Weigh-in today and I'm finally half-way through phase 1!
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

NinjaNurse
02-15-2013, 08:49 PM

Congrats!!!!!:hug:

ragdoll74
02-15-2013, 08:56 PM

I totally agree we are all unique, and I am in no position to lecture anyone. We are all adults who can make their own decisions for better or worse.

Part of the forum here is to offer support so that others can learn from our experiences. I haven't cheated so I definitely can't say from personal experience that cheating is going to totally derail someone on IP.

I've only witnessed other peoples struggles on here and watched them drop off unable to continue. I feel really lucky that I read the real cost of cheating thread when I first started IP. I read it and took the program very seriously because of it. I'm just trying to pay that forward.

Ojenchilada
02-15-2013, 10:48 PM
I totally agree we are all unique, and I am in no position to lecture anyone. We are all adults who can make their own decisions for better or worse.

Part of the forum here is to offer support so that others can learn from our experiences. I haven't cheated so I definitely can't say from personal experience that cheating is going to totally derail someone on IP.

I've only witnessed other peoples struggles on here and watched them drop off unable to continue. I feel really lucky that I read the real cost of cheating thread when I first started IP. I read it and took the program very seriously because of it. I'm just trying to pay that forward.

I really do appreciate the concern and warnings and have tried to take it all n the generous spirit I am sure it was intended (although I admit I was rubbed the wrong way by someone saying they had a hard time believing me when they don't know me....). I have read the cost of cheating thread a few times in considering whether to have a glass of champagne and a bite of pie on Sunday.

I think I am making an informed decision and have listened to all the warnings. I have a very close friend who introduced me to IP and lost tons of weight and has kept it off. She has gone to (and eaten at) Best Bites each year and has given me advice on how she didn't let it derail her. Ultimately, I may be wrong and regret this decision for the rest of my life. I doubt it, but it is possible. But i don't try to avoid all risk in my life. And I make lots of choices based on happiness. This is one of those choices. I have made the IP compliant choice in all other circumstances--unexpected travel, girls night, parties, major work stress, cooking for others etc. I know if I wanted to sit out on Sunday, I could. The thing is, I don't want to.

When I went for my first IP appointment, an item on the questionnaire said to rate myself on a 1 to 10 on how serious I was about losing weight on this plan. I rated myself an 8. My coach was wide eyed and said no one had ever answered 8 and wanted to know why. I said-- I would only rate myself a 10 if I was desperate to lose weight and thought I had no other options to do it. Neither of those things are true.

So maybe that means i won't lose all the weight and keep it off this time. If that's the case, that's okay. I still love me. And I still believe that I will continue to fight the weight battle my whole life regardless of what the scale says on my last day of IP. I failed in my attempts to quit smoking dozens of times. But last March, I quit for good. I know I can and will succeed, even if I am not 100%, 100% of the time.

However, that is not to say I advocate cheating. Obviously, being 100% is more likely to get more people to the finish line more quickly. I am not one of those people, but I admire all of you who are! And really...much love for the concern. I gave exactly the same kind of advice to people both times I was 100% on weight watchers. It is something to be proud of to follow through with your plan to be 100%.

Ojenchilada
02-15-2013, 10:50 PM

That is so exciting. Awesome!:carrot::carrot:

rofl306
02-15-2013, 10:53 PM

I agree how much support you and so many others have given. Today just seemed a little confrontational with all the strong emotions from everyone. I just wanted to remind that the written word can be so harsh. Tone is so important when it comes to support or put down.

Keep up the good work!

patns
02-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Off topic from the discussion at hand, but over the year and a half I have been coming to this section of 3fc, I continue to be amazed at the number of people who go to Ireland!

crazynette826
02-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Jennifer, You have a good outlook on this. Dieting is for life. It doesn't end after phase 1. You've thought a lot about this, and I think that you will have tons of success. Have fun on Sunday, and enjoy all your hard work!

Tziri
02-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks!

I know I've definitely been jealous of all the Ireland talk!!! (my coach is even going to Ireland in a couple weeks)

crazynette826
02-15-2013, 11:04 PM
I agree how much support you and so many others have given. Today just seemed a little confrontational with all the strong emotions from everyone. I just wanted to remind that the written word can be so harsh. Tone is so important when it comes to support or put down.

Keep up the good work!

I totally agree with this statement. Tone is so hard to get across on the internet.

MonicaKolesnik
02-15-2013, 11:31 PM

S, you know I love you but you know how I feel about some of the replies to people who have struggled enough or are too new that have fallen off plan or cheated. Some of the replies from people who have never cheated or struggled enough to cheat do come across as condescending and smug. It's a turn off. Maybe the person(s) writing did not mean to come across that way, but we all know tone is not reflected on the internet. We are all the same in that we got the way we are (were) and now here for the same basic reason. To lose weight and get healthy. To get support from people who know what it's like and not lectures. (Just saw the Price of Cheating thread bumped again.) How many people come on here stay OP and just leave or don't post?? (I know of one person, they didn't leave because they cheated.) I know if I were TRULY struggling with what to do on my trip (instead of trying to figure it out rationally in my head) and all I got was the we are 100% and the price of cheating thrown in my face, I'd be afraid to post or leave too.

AMEN SISTA!!!! If none of us had issues with food we wouldn't be here in the 1st place. We've obviously have made plenty of poor food choices over the years and just because we are now on IP doesn't make us automatic Superheroes. Everyone has some sort of kryptonite in their lives.

Keep up the good work!

Wow this is to be a support site, that support should be for everyone, 100% or not as far as I see it. We are human, life gets in the way, we have questions to make the plan (any plan) fit our lives. We can be honest here about when we are proud, 100%, fight temptation then we should also be able to be honest about our temptations, cheats and what ever we have questions about. 100% or not, we cheat or not, none of us is perfect and all need help sometimes.

and off my :soap:
__________________________________________________ _________
From a positive place I was 199.9 lbs today, under 200lbs for the first time in my adult life. :D

KitKat169
02-15-2013, 11:34 PM
I see there are several people going on vacation in the future. I wanted to impart a bit of my experience and hope it helps. I went on a cruise in the fall and knew I didn't have the capacity to stay OP while on board. I phased off with 2 weeks phase 2 and 2 weeks phase 3 then a couple days into phase 4, we got on the ship. I tried to stay careful some meals but I derailed even more than I thought I would with food and alcohol. However the day I flew back home I had pre-committed to myself to restart and I did it. I really believe that this planned phase off and break helped me stay OP before and after the trip. I think it can be a wise choice for someone who needs to be in it long term.

My words earlier today were meant to be supportive but if you didn't read them that way, yes the written word can be hard to interpret. I didn't mean to say never go off plan but it is important to think about your choices, consider why you are making the choice and then prepare yourself accordingly. I don't feel I can go off for a day because one day could lead to two, etc. But I was successfully going off for a 3 week vacation. To each their own decision and accept whatever comes.

Good luck to all of you starting or in the middle of your journey. My past year has been a life changer for me and I'm glad for every struggle that got me to where I am now. I have learned far more than I could have ever imagined about myself. This was exactly what my life needed even if I didn't know it.

ann306
02-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Good Evening,
I just joined ideal protein, and have my first weigh in tomorrow and I am so nervous. I did really well durning the week. I heard that if you have an IUD (mirena) that it will be a challenge to lose weight! Has anyone had these problems?

MonicaKolesnik
02-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Good Evening,
I just joined ideal protein, and have my first weigh in tomorrow and I am so nervous. I did really well durning the week. I heard that if you have an IUD (mirena) that it will be a challenge to lose weight! Has anyone had these problems?

I got a Mirena two months into the plan and have found no difference in my weight loss post insertion

Ojenchilada
02-16-2013, 12:15 AM
__________________________________________________ _________
From a positive place I was 199.9 lbs today, under 200lbs for the first time in my adult life. :D

:bravo::dancer::broc::cheer:

MonicaKolesnik
02-16-2013, 12:19 AM
:bravo::dancer::broc::cheer:
Thanks so much I was so excited to reach this mini goal of mine :)

ladylunk
02-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the post on vacation kitkat and it's great to know it is possible to do. The reason I started in first place was to get me feeling better for going away and have discussed with coach from get go.

It's probably good everyone got their feelings out today, many good things said. I know I too once felt like failure with the wording of something said and had not even done anything yet..... So when I saw others going through it I felt the need to speak. Everyone needs support one way or another some of us I guess have rough times with the tough love. Yet some want it. Hard call for the senior members trying to help I realize....Like many of us have said we are all so different. Knowing advice is really coming in good spirit even though written word comes out a little harsher sometimes does help.

ladylunk
02-16-2013, 12:35 AM

Way to go!

IP43
02-16-2013, 12:51 AM
This is not a "judgment" but my experience: I made a choice to go offplan for awhile (hair loss panic and was feeling good so it seemed a good idea). I also really felt I knew the program and could just jump back on. It has taken me from mid Oct to mid-Feb to finally feel like I'm back on track, and it's still not 100% like I was. I don't even want to think of the $$$ wasted. And the 25 pounds I gained back (in that short time -- not eating crazy or pigging out! Scared me!!) I'm finally seeing the scale move back down, and am remotivated. But it took this long! We shouldn't compare to each other, but when I see Ragdoll's 70 pound loss, and realize we started the same time, same weight, and she has lost 50 pounds more than me.... that "can-can guy" on my ticker is kicking my butt for a reason! No sense worrying about what coulda/woulda/shoulda, but it IS harder the second time. I don't know why, but it is. Hopefully though, now that I'm back on track, I'll be sleek 'n sexy for SUMMER!! Gotta move forward.

NinjaNurse
02-16-2013, 01:22 AM

Monica is your avatar pic new?? You look amazing!!!

MonicaKolesnik
02-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Monica is your avatar pic new?? You look amazing!!!
Tis new :D Got my hair done and new cloths. Thank you so much. My updated pics and in my mini goal photo album link in my signature.