Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
I had my first food challenge last night and I think I navigated it well.

Some friends invited me to happy hour so we could discuss this life issue a friend was dealing with and of course I had to go.

I had a packet before I went. I ordered club soda with a lime and drank that only though they pressed a little trying to get me to have a glass of wine or something.

Then we ordered food. I got a mixed green salad, add grilled shrimp, asked them to grill them dry, dressing on the side. I picked the stuff out of the salad I couldn't eat (which coincidentally is stuff I don't like anyway, such as carrots, walnuts [i like these but not on a salad, yuck]). I did use a light scraping of the dressing (dipped a leaf in here or there), which was balsamic vinaigrette.

When I got home, I ate another packet!

I have to admit, they ordered nachos and I looooooooooooooove nachos, but it felt very liberating to make a better choice. I was not caving to the unhealthy choice.

Another reason this was a victory: aunt flo arrived yesterday.
Awesome job!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
I had my first food challenge last night and I think I navigated it well.

Some friends invited me to happy hour so we could discuss this life issue a friend was dealing with and of course I had to go.

I had a packet before I went. I ordered club soda with a lime and drank that only though they pressed a little trying to get me to have a glass of wine or something.

Then we ordered food. I got a mixed green salad, add grilled shrimp, asked them to grill them dry, dressing on the side. I picked the stuff out of the salad I couldn't eat (which coincidentally is stuff I don't like anyway, such as carrots, walnuts [i like these but not on a salad, yuck]). I did use a light scraping of the dressing (dipped a leaf in here or there), which was balsamic vinaigrette.

When I got home, I ate another packet!

I have to admit, they ordered nachos and I looooooooooooooove nachos, but it felt very liberating to make a better choice. I was not caving to the unhealthy choice.
Why do friends feel the need to "push" us to imbibe? Why can't we choose to drink what we want?!? Grr!

It is SO liberating to feel stronger than food! Good for you!

Another hint re: dressings
If you don't take your own with you, just dip your fork in the dressing (dip, not scoop) before stabbing your salad. You'll get "just a hint" of dressing taste but barely use any. I've eaten my salads this way for YEARS.
I usually don't order oil & vinegar in restaurants b/c I've found a LOT of the oil in those decanters to be rancid -- I wonder how often it gets CHANGED??? YUCK!
If I get O&V, I just ask for a little container of EVOO from the kitchen in the same cup they'd bring salad dressing in, with some apple cider vinegar (they usually have it in kitchens, if the server ASKS, otherwise you end up with Balsamic)
If they're super busy, I know this is a hardship & then I resort to my dipping trick, making sure I don't order a dressing that has sugar.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
Hello everyone! I just started the program yesterday and already this morning down 4 lbs..simply amazing to me. I am so excited about this program, carbs have been my downfall all my life so learning to control them will stop all the yo-yo dieting I've been doing for years. A new way of thinking and eating with a bonus new body awaits
I'm so happy I found this site, it is so full of information and the support system among the members is outstanding!
Have a great day everyone!
Welcome!! You wont be so optimistic by day 3 and 4.. So on behalf of everyONE here.. DON'T GIVE UP! You will see feedback from people, that day 3 and 4 are the worst. Headaches, starving, feeling gross kinda of days... But I promise you it will get better. Just need to stick with it! You will do great.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #19  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

For all you daily weighers...do you notice that certain days of the week you just weigh more? I know there are days of the month that we weigh more but I have been tracking my weight daily and every week..I weigh the most on tues/ wed..then by fri I'm at my lowest. Its consistent week to week.

I also know that some people dont think we should weigh every day but for me its better. I see my weight go two down..one up..two down..one up..all week. If I only had my weekly WI I would be discouraged.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
For all you daily weighers...do you notice that certain days of the week you just weigh more? I know there are days of the month that we weigh more but I have been tracking my weight daily and every week..I weigh the most on tues/ wed..then by fri I'm at my lowest. Its consistent week to week.

I also know that some people dont think we should weigh every day but for me its better. I see my weight go two down..one up..two down..one up..all week. If I only had my weekly WI I would be discouraged.
I have started weighing every few days now that I am headed to maintenance and need to start keeping on top of that stuff. I find that my LIGHTEST day tends to be Friday, and then I take a little bump up on Sunday or Monday. That's with no change in my eating - I think my body just likes to mess with me!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #21  

Quote:

My wii fit makes me a cute little graph. I don't even have to do it!
I can watch trends over time. And if I exercise before...ahem...using the facilities...I may re-weigh afterward. There is typically a 1 lb difference.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #22  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Day 3

Greetings from Day 3 --

I feel horrible, but just keep telling myself that it means that my body is about to make a big, big turn-around. Lord knows, it needs a big turn-around, so I am all in. I went to bed super early last night since I had such a headache, even the lamp light was bothering me. Wish I could just laze around today, but my son is off from school . . . we're taking his new rabbit to the vet and then I have lots of mom-taxi duty to do.

Whatever it takes, I will do this! Wishing you all a successful day.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #23  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

Good Morning All!

Hope everyone had a great Valentines day!

I came to a beautiful supper prepared by my husband that was IP safe! He made stuffed pork and broccoli. Yum Yum!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the new folks!!! It will be awesome!
Congrats on the NSV's listed!
I feel pretty good, after my cruise in December- I struggled to get back on plan. Now 100% OP and lost 6 in the last two weeks. It makes me feel so empowered! The losing helps me say no to off plan things.. I almost feel affronted.. Like no way! You have to be kidding- I can't jeporadize the weight loss! (talking to myself of course! hehe)
Happy Friday everyone!
~My
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #25  
Ideal protein

S/C/G: 297/268/155

Height: 5'9"

I totally blew it last night. Hubby and I went to Texas Roadhouse. I had 1/3 of potato, my steak, and a salad. The only really big cheat was the blooming onion hubby and I split. But I don't have a gall bladder so I think it went right through me. Lol. Back to the plan this morning. On the upside I lost 3 pounds in the last 2 days even with the cheat. Oh, it felt really good to say no to the temptation of the roll and cinnamon butter.

Last edited by RoslynsMom; 02-15-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #26  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday! Just had my WI - down 19 lbs total! This week was great except on Wednesday, it felt like day 3 all over again. I was exhausted, headache, felt like chest pains. But I pushed through and was rewarded again!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #27  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by my31rewards View Post
Happy Friday! Just had my WI - down 19 lbs total! This week was great except on Wednesday, it felt like day 3 all over again. I was exhausted, headache, felt like chest pains. But I pushed through and was rewarded again!
Way to go!!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #28  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Quote:

I totally notice this! I'm always at my lowest on friday/saturday, and then gain a pound or two by monday/Tuesday, even though my eating doesn't change at all. Very strange!! I agree that if I only had my weekly WI I would get discouraged. I have an app on my phone that graphs my weight, and knowing that overall the weight is going down, helps me stay on track, and not get discouraged. Weight loss is weird! Isn't it?!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #29  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I am a daily weigher too...I don't stress out over little fluctuations but I like to watch the gradual trend toward loss. I use the Libra app on my phone to track it and I agree, it helps to see the graph and know that it is a downward trend in spite of the fluctuations!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #30  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I will admit I've been weighing myself daily as well. It actually gives me a boost each morning when I step on the scale and see a lower number then I've seen in a very long time.
Closed Thread