Old 02-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/180/150

Height: 5'10''

Default I stink at weekends

oof, this weekend was not my best as far as staying on plan goes. I went on what I was hoping would be a date on Saturday afternoon, but turned out to be 4 frustratingly platonic hours in a guy's bedroom listening to music-- did I time travel back to high school?

This particular guy is the first person I've actually been attracted to in a couple years, after a complicated situation involving having strong feelings for someone who had feelings for me, but who died of freak illness before we could actually talk about it (a relationship would've been ethically questionable for most of the time we knew each other). I didn't actually find out he reciprocated until after he died. I've been kind of a wreck about it ever since, and even wanting to go on a date is a pretty big step.

This guy's lack of interest, followed by a depressing and boozy Valentines Day party thrown by a friend, started a downward spiral I'm still trying to pull out of. The low point was last night when I finished off an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's while watching Downton Abbey.

Weekends are always my diet downfall, perhaps because there's more time to think about these kinds of things. How do others keep from going off the rails on the weekends?
synchrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

I wish I knew! I think part of the problem is that weekends are not structured time for me. During the week, I have specific times to wake up, eat breakfast lunch and dinner, and quit eating. On the weekend, I love to sleep in. That's also the days I will tend to eat lunch or dinner out if I'm going to eat out at all for the week. I try to make up for it by allowing myself the treats, but then resigning myself to only eating one main meal for the day with a small snack later in the evening if the hunger monster attacks.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I suck at weekends as well, or at least I used to. I think I'm getting much better. My problem was all that empty time. I didn't know what to do with myself so I'd often eat even when I wasn't hungry. For the most part my weekends still have a lot of free time however I am trying to stick to my 3 main meals with a healthy snack if needed. My fiance, who is also trying to lose weight is a huge motivator to make sure I don't grab unneeded snacks during the weekend.

So I guess my advice to you would be to try and remember why you are doing this more often on the weekends, I put up a fat picture of myself in the kitchen, and try to keep busy. Good luck.

Last edited by Changergirl; 02-11-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #4  

I try to keep busy on weekends so that I dont think about these things. I like to go out walking around the city and see new sights but thats because I live in a big city in Korea.and am always exploring new things. Usually im so busy I dont get a chance to eat and I forget. Plus it helps that Korea is all about being healthy and dessert usually consists of a.cup of.fresh fruit for dessert.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchrojo View Post
oof, this weekend was not my best as far as staying on plan goes. I went on what I was hoping would be a date on Saturday afternoon, but turned out to be 4 frustratingly platonic hours in a guy's bedroom listening to music-- did I time travel back to high school?

This particular guy is the first person I've actually been attracted to in a couple years, after a complicated situation involving having strong feelings for someone who had feelings for me, but who died of freak illness before we could actually talk about it (a relationship would've been ethically questionable for most of the time we knew each other). I didn't actually find out he reciprocated until after he died. I've been kind of a wreck about it ever since, and even wanting to go on a date is a pretty big step.

This guy's lack of interest, followed by a depressing and boozy Valentines Day party thrown by a friend, started a downward spiral I'm still trying to pull out of. The low point was last night when I finished off an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's while watching Downton Abbey.

Weekends are always my diet downfall, perhaps because there's more time to think about these kinds of things. How do others keep from going off the rails on the weekends?
I hear ya, I bought a bunch of valentine's day cookies with the thought in mind to give them to my coworkers (yeah right) and ended up eating all but 3 cookies myself in 24 hours.

I'm terrible for weekends because I'm off schedule and there's nothing I love better than to get a bunch of sushi and have a coke and watch movies on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Sometimes that leads to bad chocolate or cupcake behavior.

The only way I can stop from doing this is to:
1) make plans and do something with friends
2) exercise. I go do overtime at work and then go to hot yoga. Keeps me busy!

is there any way you can make a weekend date with yourself or a friend to exercise? at least then if you eat something junky it's not as bad.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #7  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Omg some times I fear weekends because I know the scale on Monday almost always increases. We have a cheat day Saturday's but I always try to just do one meal. I cook all week long and come Saturday I just want a break from cooking.
Sorry to hear about your loss and your uncomfortable agonizing date. But if u never went out with him you would have been left wondering what if, just like the guy you lost. You will see better dates and maybe even worse ones, just keep looking
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/180/150

Height: 5'10''

Thanks, all! good suggestions. Today I spent the afternoon on a walking tour of my neighborhood with a friend-- though it was certainly not strenuous activity by any stretch of the imagination, we had to burn some calories with all the shivering we were doing (it was COLD) and it got me out of the house, which is usually my weekend downfall. I think my key strategy has to be planning active things with friends instead of going along with the default plans (brunch, movie, drinks at a bar etc).

and chubbiegurl, thanks. That's how I try to look at it, because I absolutely learned the hard way how much it sucks to regret not speaking up about feelings. I've got another date with another guy on monday-- not expecting much, but hey, at least I'm finally getting out there! And congrats on making it to your goal!!
synchrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchrojo View Post
I think my key strategy has to be planning active things with friends instead of going along with the default plans (brunch, movie, drinks at a bar etc).
Yes, this exactly! Me too :-)

There's nothing better than having a fitness date with a girlfriend and THEN going for an aweome salad and 1 drink at your favorite restaurant afterwards.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote