South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197//135

Height: 5'1"

Default Pop and Cravings

I love pop. I used to drink Mt. Dew all the time, but then stopped 3 yrs ago. Then it was diet rootbeer. Lately it's been Cherry Coke Zero. Well, I haven't had any since we started P1. All I've had to drink since Tuesday has been Water, Water, a glass of milk a day and LOTS more water. Well, tonight is the first night I really am finding myself craving something. I'd love some popcorn or chips or pretzels or something. So I figured I'd have a cherry coke zero since that is allowed, Well, I just opened the can and holy sweeteness. I don't think I even want it anymore! Hopefully that will stay! I'd love to be done with pop as I know how bad it is, but it's just something I grew up with and was such a huge part of my life really. I'm still wanting that popcorn currently, but I will NOT give in! And it's nice that my DH was supportive when I told him my craving too! Ahhhh, I can't wait till this goes away tho!
db1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

db1982, that is awesome your DH is being so supportive. Rely on his support if need be to ignore a craving. I never was a "full calorie" soda drinker. I very rarely drink even a diet soda anymore. I am experimenting with seltzer because sometimes I just want something fizzy. I can relate to your popcorn craving. I kept telling myself it's only two weeks and there have been plenty of times in my life where I did not eat something I enjoyed for two weeks, heck two months or even two years. You might even find you could take it or leave it in time.

This summer I struggled with ice cream. To say I love ice cream is an understatement. If I really had to have it I would enjoy a small cup. No temptation in the house made it easier for me. I must confess I have eaten a half gallon container in two sittings. I certainly have come a long way
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

I still drink diet pop every so often... when I want a 'fizzy' drink.

I have never tried it myself but a friend of mine drinks club soda with a squirt of that Mio (squirty water flavourer stuff) to taste.. and she really enjoys that.
Though I have no idea if that Mio stuff is ok for SBD.

ETA: I just looked up Mio, it is sweetened with sucralose, so it would be on plan.
(Though, some might consider it a frankenfood)

Last edited by RiverGirl; 01-28-2013 at 03:47 PM.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197//135

Height: 5'1"

i dunno bout the mio and sb, but my dh loves that stuff
db1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I will have a diet soda a few times a week. Which is WAY down from 2-3 20oz. sodas a DAY! So good for you!!!

I'm on a Crystal Light Mocktail kick - I LOVE their mojito and margarita flavors the best. I also love Lipton's Diet Green Watermelon Tea.

you can have popcorn on Ph2 - I air pop kernels in a plain brown paper bag in the microwave and spray ICBINB and add some cayenne to it YUMMY!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote