Weight Loss Support - Stay at home Mom's #74

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #74

05-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Stay at home Mom's #74


Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #73 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.


05-07-2003, 01:18 PM
First of all, welcome again to Firebird........and welcome back Karen! We missed you.

Melissa- gee, I'm so excited to hear that today is the day!!!! Hopefully your sweet little one is cooperative and will let you know if you need pink or blue! I'll check back in later (when I am checking for Ds's math homework:( ) to see if you have posted.
Try not to sweat it with the weight gain during pg. You did SO well on WW before- you can do it again and will fall right into the program when you are ready after the baby is born. At this mornings meetings Laura (group leader) told us to make this sort of our weekly social outing....and that attending meetings on a pretty regular basis might be almost a lifetime thing for some of us (think I am one of them!) even when we reach goal. So, the long and the short of it is- you'll be back OP again- and a loser again too!!!! :)

Firebird- Sounds like you are off to a great start, losing 6#!!! WW is a great program and how nice for you that you have a buddy to follow with. Is she doing the meetings? I know for me- yes I was shy about the public WI's, but they do not announce your weight- as a matter of fact they told me that some people do not even want to know how much they weigh, they just stay OP and attend the meetings and whatever they lose they lose.
If you ever have any questions about the program, I'll try to answer them if I can. How are the kids feeling?????

Karen- you busy lady!!!! Good for you getting that workout in, even as hectic as life had been. Hopefully things will slow down a bit for you.....and you can focus on yourself a bit:) . But at least you are busy with happy things- family and the like. I'm glad that you could check in and say hello.

Got to my meeting this am- and lost a big whopping 0.4#!!!! (don't get too excited there........) With my reduced activity being sick I am not surprised, and I know the scale will catch up to the fact that my clothes are getting looser. I do enjoy the meetings a lot- Laura is such a hoot. What was really encouraging was the friend I go with lost 4 # (she has really been struggling the past few weeks). I'm so happy for her. Oh, I bought myself a mother's day gift, one of those gigundo WW sipper mugs for my water/lemonade. Not that I ever had a problem getting my water in, it is just more portable now!
Gotta go. Spryng- please check in just to tell us you are ok, ok?
Jackie- where did ya go again????? I'm missing someone........forgive me for being brain dead..... Have a great day!

05-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Guess What!?!

I have to say, Jackie~you were right, and I was pleasantly surprised. IT"S A GIRL! After all of this time, calling her a boy, I guess I'm sure to have a Tom Boy! :) Oh well, that's ok I'm still soo... happy, either one was fine with me!!!

OK ladies, I must go for now, have a good evening.

05-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Good evening all!
Oh MEL I am so excited for you!! A GIRL! That is wonderful. I'm glad she cooperated and showed her "stuff". lol. Now you already have a son right? or am I thinking of someone else?? My brain is frazzled right now.
Ginny congrats on the .4 # loss. I know you said not to get excited but a loss is a loss and that is great!!
Well, I'm tired tonight. DH has been home all day so we took the kids to the park for the afternoon and I wore myself out. We let them play for quite a while and then took and long leisurely walk around the lake and such. It was really nice. The kids got to feed the ducks and they had a blast. Needless to say when we got home at 5 pm I was exausted so I took a nap then my dh promised me yesterday to help catch up on housework today so after I got up at 6 pm from my nap I expected to get started but he felt sick to his stomach and went and laid down so I did it all by myself. But I told him he can sweep and mop the kitchen for me. That would help alot. So much for taking it easy today though. But that's ok. I feel pretty good today, just tired now. Yesterday was a doozy for us. We went under Tornado warnings 4 times, but the first time the sirens went off DH was at the hospital getting his back checked out (he's been having alot of back pain lately) so I didn't know what to do. I panicked and started crying. Our house doesn't have an interior room to take cover in. They say go to the center of the house, well the center of our house is in the living room and it has windows and such. Finally DH got home and I was in my dd room with the kids trying to listen to the TV blaring in the living room to hear if the tornado was getting close. DH took over as soon as he got here (what would I do without him?) and piled blankets and flashlights and water and such in my dd closet so we were prepared to go in there if need be, then the sirens stopped. It was nerve wracking. I wouldn't have been so scared except for just two days prior to yesterday tornados swept through kansas city and parts of missouri and really did damage and killed several people and some are STILL missing. That's scary. So I knew it could be the real thing. One touched down yesterday 2 1/2 miles south of us but didn't hit anything. Thankfully. But things have calmed down now. Storms are gone for now. Boy I really love spring but I hate some of the weather that comes with it.
OK, I guess I have gone on and on. Sorry about that. Like I said my brain is frazzled and I'm tired so who knows what will come out of my mouth or in this case what my fingers will type :) OK, I promise to get more personal tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone! G'nite!

05-07-2003, 11:44 PM
it's me again. I forgot to hit post reply and used the instant post, so this one I'm doing in the post reply mode so I can get email alerts. So just ignore me! lol. I said I was tired!! lol

05-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Morning Ladies~!

I'm getting packed up to go to my moms today, so I'll be gone for a few days. I'm still shocked from the ultrasound, but very excited! I FINALLY got to go shopping, and oh it was so fun!!! I found lots of cute things, clothes, shoes, sheets and a diaper bag in the theme we're using! I admit, I went a little crazy, but it was fun shopping for the baby finally!!! I'm also feeling great, which is an added bonus to all of this. I'll need lots of energy for my trip, and for the baby fair I'm going to tomorrow!

Well, I hope everyone is good, and I'll be back soon!

05-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Have a wonderful trip Mel!! Can't wait to hear how it went when you get back!

Where has everyone else been? Awfully quiet around here lately.
Well I am doing just fine. Just sitting here getting larger by the second. I can't tell you how ready I am to get this weight off once the baby comes. I feel as big as a house.
Other than that things are the same. My friend turns 40 weeks tomorrow. I still haven't heard from her. We've been having storm after storm here. But today it's suppose to be clear and almost 90 degrees!! Hot!
OK, I'll get off here. Hopefully we see more posts today. Ginny? Jackie? Karen? Firebird?? Anyone??? (echo-echo) so empty....

05-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Gee, I'm sorry for not checking in yesterday~ just another busy day! I did get my hair done......it needed it and so did my brains!

Melissa- congrats!!!!!! So you are carrying a little girl. I'm so happy for you (would have been either way!) and now you can decorate and get clothes and all that fun stuff!! Hope that you have a great trip this weekend. Great that you are feeling strong also! We will miss you!

Spryng- you never slow down.............But I am glad to hear that you are safe, along with the rest of your family. It has to be tough with the warnings and trying to keep your wits about you for the sake of the kids. And pregnancy hormones on top of it!!
I'll keep you in prayer.......... And thankfully, the baby will be here soon enough!

I have two more busy days ahead, so this will be short. I'm pooped, spent most of the night coughing from this darned cold, so I am really tired now. My next cup of tea is steeping upstairs now:) ! I did get a 45 minute walk in today - had to as I missed yesterday. Well, gotta go clean up the kitch and finish making dinner. Have a great day!

05-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Ginny how nice to get your hair done! I am long over due for a trim. I hope you get over that cold soon.
Well I feel like I got alot done today even though I probably didn't. Remember I mentioned before about spending the day catching up on laundry? Well I never did. So today I decided it was long over due. I'm tired of sifting through baskets of clean clothes to find something to wear so I sent the kids out to play and watched some TLC and just folded folded folded (and put away of course) now I am caught up and it really didn't take that long. I don't know why I put things off so much. I picked up the living room some and that is all I have done today. Later I plan to load the dishwasher and roast a chicken for dinner and that's all, so all in all I'm taking it easy today.
What are you making for dinner Ginny?
Wow I can't believe it is Friday already! This week has flown by. Any special plans for the weekend? We don't have any made here. Probably will visit the in laws or something.
Well, talk to you all later!

05-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Wow, is it ever quiet here............ just me and Spryng!
Spryng- gosh the one night that you ask what I was making for dinner was the one night that I dressed up some leftovers- as I had such a busy day! Dinner was- gulp- hot dogs, a salad and cantoloupe.:o Dh makes chili dogs- I had made chili two nights before so at least something was remants of a real meal!! I was in a huge rush as I got home from my afternoon run at 4:50- had to load the truck with donations for Ds's school garage sale- get the stuff there and unloaded and then go to a retirement celebration for the principal at Dd's school by 7 (which means I had to look semi decent for that and get changed.) Oh, and I forgot, I also had to throw together an appetizer to bring to the retirement party- all between 5 and 6:50..... So dinner had to be easy and no fuss. Your roast chicken sounded much better than what I made!!!! I'm sure it was yummy, and roast chicken makes such good leftovers too. Congrats on getting the laundry done, I know how that catches up with you and it is so easy to get behind! Hey, are those nesting instincts settling in yet?? What show(s) are your favorites on TLC? Can't say that I watch TLC all that much, I flip between HGTV and Discovery when I am doing housework or just want some pleasant background noise.
Are you getting along ok with your Inlaws - after that one difficult time?
Well, today I got a walk in- and then ran off to Ds's school to work the garage sale until 12. Dh and I worked outside a bit in the garden and of course I had to clean up the disaster in the kitchen that came about because I was not home in the am.
We might be going to Lahaska Pa tomorrow- a day out to go to a large flea market there and have dinner out. I'm not sure though, as the weather here in NY is not supposed to be good.
We'll see.

I'd better go check Dd in the tub. Have a great Mother's Day!!!!!:) :)

05-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Good evening all!
I know it been quiet around here Ginny, I wonder how Jackie's WI went thursday. She sure needs to post more often. I miss her. Hey don't feel bad about chili dogs for dinner. Last night we had sloppy joe's because I was too tired to make anything good. But the kids ate them like they were going out of style! That was the first time I ever made it for them. Now I know to make it more often. The roast chicken came out excellent. We always put apple chunks, onion, and celery inside the chicken cavity so it makes a nice broth to baste it with and it always comes out so delicious. Needless to say there wasn't any leftovers once my DH tore into it lol. But it was great. I've probably put on 5 more lbs since my last appointment! Let's hope not. But my appetite has been ferocious lately. I can sure put some food away. You sound as busy as ever. Hopefully you get to go to that flea market. Boy do I miss those in california! It was a family event to get up early on sundays and spend all day there. I love them. As for nesting instincts... well I don't think so. I wish they would kick in full time so I can get things done but right now I barely have energy for normal stuff like dishes and picking up the living room. I still need to clean up my bedroom before the baby gets here since he'll be sharing our room for awhile and we have another dresser to move into out room etc. But I have 6 more weeks or so to go so I am sure it will all get done soon.
As for favorite shows on TLC I love trading spaces but I only watch it on saturday's, I watch A Baby Story everyday and tomorrow night they will run several shows of Maternity Ward which I love too but don't get to see very often. My DH hates TLC. But I love the Food Channel too! I love to watch how products got their start or iron chef. And my DH likes those shows too so we watch alot of it.
I'm getting along with my in-laws ok. I think we are really trying anyway. There hasn't been one argument since our last falling out so that is a plus. But my MIL is the type of woman that I may think she is trying too but really is just be quiet about how she really feels... I can't read her to know the difference. But either way it has been pleasant around them lately. She did tell me today that I need to shave off half my living room to make a baby's room. She went on and on about how to do it and how much it would cost etc. But if we do that we will have a TINY living room and the baby's room would be barely big enough for a crib and changing table... more like a large closet. So I politely listened to her but was secretly discarding the idea. I love my living room. I don't want to change it and I think that the baby will be fine in our room until he is 6-12 weeks old and then he'll share with my ds. Do you think a baby will be ok to share a room with his 2 1/2 yo brother?? I wonder about that sometimes. But if I think my ds would bother him at night or anything then the baby will just stay in our room until they can share a room with no problems. Have you ladies went through this with any of your kids sharing a room??
Well, it's been an ok day here today. Hot and humid but tomorrow it's suppose to only get to 67 so that will be a nice change. I'll enjoy the coolness for as long as it will last.
Guess I'll get off here now that I have went on and on. Hope everyone is having a great night!!

05-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Hi~ and happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!
I am online only to look for a restaurant so I'll be brief. Spryng-
I do not see any problem with a 2 1/2 yr old sharing a room. Totally different story if your Ds was in school, needed sleep - had homework etc.... but I know that it will work out for a while, at least until the baby is 18 months and really able to get into big brothers toys. Then you might have to work something out with where the older brother's toys are kept.
Other than that all is well here. We skipped the flea market today, as the weather is crummy.
See ya later!

05-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Oh sorry to hear you missed going to the flea market. They are always so much fun.
Well I got to spend the morning at the ER with DH. His back is really out. They just gave him some pain medication in his hip and told him to talk to his doctor this week about doing a MRI to see if a disk is out or what. The pain meds are working so he is feeling better tonight but I wish they would have done more tests on him while we were there to find the cause so we can start treating that, you know? But anyway, I am thankful he is no longer moaning and groaning on the couch.
Other than that nothing much is happening today. I hit 34 weeks tomorrow!! 6 more to go!! (or less! :) )

05-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Good morning ladies~!

I made it home last night, and I am still so tired! I think I'll just rest today, and try to catch up some laundry.

Happy late Mother's day!!!

I had a wonderful time, we went to the Baby Fair on Sat. and while we did do a lot of walking and was very tired, we had a wonderful time! I won a car seat!!! Plus I got a lot of diaper and bottle bags just for going, so it was really worth the trip!!!

Well, I'm gonna get some rest, and I'll try to check back later.

05-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Glad to hear your trip went wel Mel! How are you feeling? What does your family think about your wonderful "PINK" news??
Things are normal around here. I'm just puttering around today. Not really doing much. In fact not really doing anything. I made corn dogs for lunch and now I am wondering if it was such a good idea. So greasy. I ate 4!!! Shame on me. Now I feel bloated. Someday I will learn how to curb this appetite of mine.
Ok, well anyway. My Dh woke up feeling much better today. Thanks to some strong pain meds. Hopefully he can work his entire shift today at work. We can't have him miss anymore days or only work an hour or two a day. so hopefully he will feel good enough to work all day.
Well, guess I am off for a nap. I hope everyone is having a great day!

05-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Welcome back Melissa! Congrats on the car seat and getting more stuff for the baby. Sounds like you had a great weekend and are catching up on some much needed rest. Good luck getting the laundry done!!!!! :dizzy:

Spryng- that is just awful that Dh's back is so bad. Thank goodness for pain meds........I hope he is able to make it thru a day of work. Sorry about your episode with the corn dogs. I do not care for them myself, but my kids love them. Did you get your nap in?

For some odd reason, my stomach is way off~ so my eating is a bit strange. I think I am still within my points for the day.......and I did get 45 minutes of walking in. Tomorrow I am going on a class trip with Dd to a local zoo/museum. (i'm taking a personal day from work, after driving in the am). We are really looking foward to it, as I have not been able to get to many trips with my working hours. The weather is supposed to be a bit cool- at least the animals won't smell!!!:lol:
Guess I'd better sign off and finish cleaning up the kitchen.
Have a great nite!

05-13-2003, 11:27 AM
Good morning!

I thought I would check in a bit before I take the kids to school then head to the gym!

I am doing well. Allergies are bugging me but other than that I am doing great!

I am working out at the gym regularly still. Eating is a lot better but not under control. I am not sure why I am craving salty stuff. It isnt so much as I am eating bad things as adding to much salt to it or eating more than I should of it. TOM just finished so I am at a total loss on that. Ususally once TOM starts the salt cravings are gone! :(

With less than 4 weeks left in the school year, my life is a bit crazy! Too many activiteis to deal with! LOL. But It is all getting under control. I am just looking forward to Summer break!!

Mel: CONGRATS! A little girl! Girls are so much fun! I have one of each so I can tell you that if your son was an easy baby, little girls are quite a change! LOL. Cassie rules the house.. but in a good way!

Spyrng: Any contractions yet? You are so close now! I had so many contractions the last 8 weeks and so many false alarms with the 2nd one. I was admited 4 times in the last 4 weeks before they finally induced me. She was so stubborn! Good for you taking those naps! I wish I could take them these days! You rest up and take care of yourself!

Ginny: You are doing well. I hope your tummy starts feeling better! It isnt fun to be out of sorts in that way! You are doing so well and should be very proud of yourself! Enjoy that class trip! I just did one last week with DS to the Fire Station. 25 kindergarteners at the fire station.. what an exhausting day! LOL!

Well, I am signing off for now. Got to go get my gear and go! Talk to you all soon! :)

05-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Good afternoon!

I just made it back from my DR's appt. and things are going fine! I found out that I get to have another ultrasound tomorrow, because they missed some pictures at the last one. So I'm excited that I'll get to see my little girl again tomorrow!!!

Karen, It's good to hear from you, and it's great that your in a regular workout routine and I'm sure you feel better. I always loved the great feeling you get after a good workout!

Ginny, I hope you have fun on the feild trip, I used to love doing those things, but Ds doesn't get to do much now. Although, last week he did go to a school band compitition and the placed 2nd! I didn't get to go though, because they were gone for 12 hours and I don't think I could have handled it at this point in my pregnancy!?!

Spryng, How are you doing? Oh BTW~ to answer a question that you asked a while ago, I have 1 Ds and he's 12 y.o. So this treasure I'm carrying is going to be like starting over for me, since it has taken us 7 years to concieve. It should be most exciting!!!

Well, I guess I better go, I'm going to go visit with the ladie at my WW meeting I was going to, and catch up with everyone!

Have a good night!

05-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Good evening!!!!!
Great to see some posts!!! I've had a busy day, so I'll have to make this short.......

Karen- sorry that your allergies are bugging you (mine are too!!!).
Do you take anything to keep them under control????? Good for you getting your workouts in! It will pay off- and you must be feeling great while getting in shape! As far as the salty thing goes, my WW leader suggests taking a snack food- such as chips or pretzels of whatever you are craving and putting it into snack bags- in a one serving size. For ex- for me on WW I'd count out 7 low fat triscuits for a 2 point snack, and do that several times so that I would always have a portion controlled salty snack available. Maybe a system like that would work for you! Hang in there!:)

Melissa- Have fun meeting your little girl again!!! Did you and Dh pick out any names yet?? How did your visit with your WW friends go? I was talking to a friend from church the other day, who is also on WW- she goes to another meeting than I do though. The group leader at her meeting is pg, and still on WW- a program modified for pregnant women. I thought that they did that- guess that the leader where you are is not familiar with that or this leader here is breaking a rule or two........ Anyway, let us know how the sono goes!!!!

We had a great time on Dd's trip. It was a bit chilly and it rained lightly for a few minutes, but still a fun day. I actually got one activity point for the walking I did too!!!!:lol:

Well, I'd better go.......WI is tomorrow, and I am not too optimistic~ I have been within points range most of the week, but it was such a struggle............:( And I did not get as much walking in.
Have a great nite!

05-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Good evening all.
I wish I was more joyful tonight but I am not. My DH was admitted to the hospital today. He woke up this morning about 4 am crying in pain because of his back. He couldn't even turn over in bed and this is a man who can tolerate tons of pain so I new it was bad. We took him to the ER and they did an MRI on him and found he has two herniated disks in his back and one is huge! the other is causing the nerve pain down his left leg. The only option is surgery and since there isn't a doctor here that can do it he has to be transferred to joplin or kansas city for it (both a little over an hour away) and will be down 6 weeks or more. Plus there was blood in his urine so they are trying to figure that one out too. I just don't know what to think. I am frazzled. I'm due in 5 1/2 weeks and what if he misses it?? He can't work either for at least 6 weeks "after" the surgery (whenever that will be) so what do we do about money?? The job he has doesn't offer disabilty pay or sick pay or anything like that. No benefits what so ever. What do I do??? How do we make it? On top of that I have been having alot of contractions lately and worrying about this baby coming too early. Who will drive me to the hospital?? it's over an hour away (joplin) who will watch the kids?? who will help me!!!! I'm sorry. I am just so upset right now. The timing is so awful. I feel so bad for my dh and I hope surgery fixes him, I really need him right now. I'm too close to delivery to be on my own in everyway.
Well I guess I will get off here. I have my midwife appointment tomorrow and I'll tell her about these contractions and see what she thinks about them. Maybe I am worrying over nothing. I'm so tired. Been at the hospital ALL day long.
Sorry I am such a downer tonight. I'm sure things will brighten up soon. Ginny please keep my family in your prayers. I'll chat with you all soon. G'nite.

05-14-2003, 06:13 PM


05-14-2003, 07:34 PM
Any post that I would leave would diminish from the urgency of the situations that Jackie and Spryng are facing. So I will leave both of you with a promise that I will pray for you both. You are both facing difficult trials at this time. The Lord will see both of you through what you are facing.

Spryng- I am unsure where you stand spiritually, but I would like to leave you with one of my favorite verses, Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways aknowledge Him and He will keep your paths straight". Try not to lose your focus- somehow you and Joe will get thru this........there is always a way. I'll keep you in prayer. PM me if you need to........

Jackie- my friend, my prayers are with you!!!! Please take care of yourself too- your family needs you (meaning Gary and the kids), in addition to your inlaws. You can serve them better if you also take care of yourself, yes take your meds. Send me a PM if you need to vent.

Gotta go- as I said before your needs outweigh any petty stuff that I might post. Take care.

05-14-2003, 09:18 PM
Good evening ladies,

Jackie and Spryng, I hope that things get better for the two of you soon, and will keep you in my thoughts!

Things are fine here, I'll check in again soon! ((BIG HUGS TO YOU))

05-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Good evening-
I have made a personal decision to just lay low with posts for another day ~ and of course anyone can do exactly as they please here! This is just because Spryng and Jackie are having a rough time, and for me to blabber on about the usual jibberish that I do seems inappropriate at this time. However tomorrow I will most likely try to be a bit more normal- as I do not want to scare away anyone looking for a thread, and getting the wrong impression.
Had another busy day here in NY- and right now Dd has a buddy over, Dh went to pick up the softball queen and Ds is watching the tube.
Jackie and Spryng~ I continue to pray for your specific needs. Please check in and let us know that you are hanging in there.

05-15-2003, 08:56 PM
Opps!! Melissa, glad that you are doing fine and that you got a chance to check in!

05-15-2003, 11:50 PM
Good evening,

I also didn't feel right about blabbering on, when our friends are down. So~ Spryng and Jackie, we're here for you!!!

Not much going on here, just got back from Ds band concert, that's about it!

I'll be back tomorrow! ((More hugs going out to our friends))

05-16-2003, 04:02 PM

Another short post here! Mel & Ginny: Thanks for all your thoughts & prayers, it's much appreciated! An update on my hectic life: My MIL & I took my FIL to the Hosp. Emergency room yesterday due to his declining health. After 9 hours in the ER, he is there for at least a few days & will then be transferred to a Nursing Home. I've been literally crying with relief last night & today to know that my FIL will be having better care & that my MIL can finally lead half-way decent lifestyle. She's one tough woman! My DS gets confirmed on Sunday, so we have a houseful after the service. Lot's to do. Ginny & Mel: I don't mind your Babbling on and on at all! I actually ejoy it! ;) I missed my WI @ WW yesterday, so who knows how I did. I'm not going to worry too much about it right now. Maybe next week I will when life slows down a bit. :rolleyes: Well, I have to go now. TTFN

05-16-2003, 06:19 PM
And good afternoon to you all!!
Jackie- sounds like an answer to prayer to me!!! While it is not wonderful that FIL ended up in the ER, I know that at least the way it works here in NY, a hospital admittance is a much easier route to getting into a nursing home (where the waiting list might be a problem). And as you mentioned, at least now he is getting the care that he needs, and MIL can hopefully relax a bit and not be so stressed...........maybe you can do so also?? Ds's confirmation sounds like a great way to celebrate something happy, and I sure hope that you have some beautiful spring weather for the day! And congrats to Ds also. BTW, Jackie you ARE taking care of yourself......right??? I worry about you,guess I am the official thread worry wart here.

Melissa, how was Ds's band concert???? What instrument does he play~ is he serious about it? (I was/am a band person myself, and seriously entertained being a music major). Hope that it was a nice evening out for you and Dh!!! (cause next year you'll have an infant daughter to contend with also!:) ). How are you feeling?

Gosh I hope that Spryng is ok~ it seems strange not hearing from her for a day or so. I'll continue to keep her in prayer.

As for me, I am rather enjoying that I have been home since 3:45 and my dinner is well on the way. The elementary schools had a half day today, so all the little critters I bring home were all back home by 1. Pfew! Tonight is Ds's spring concert- he has no singing part at all but has a small silent acting part. I guess it has a patriotic theme- so he and 3 other classmates are acting out the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. So he will be dressed in Dh's old army uniform....... and does not have to sing a thing. He earned this role because he and his fellow actors were not able to stand still during chorus practice......fidgetting all over the place. :dizzy: :lol: Oh, brother..........and Ds proudly admits it to boot!!! Now you wonder why this kid drives me nuts!!!!! Every mother deserves one of him....or something similar- just for the entertainment value. ( yes, I am insane).

I did get a walk in today- my eating is off as I made cookies for tonite's program and snitched some. This week is PMS time for me, so who knows how I will fare. Better behave as I do not want to put on an weight, after last week.
Ok, I have babbled enough.........Have a great weekend!!!!!

05-18-2003, 12:35 PM
I am so sorry for not posting sooner! I have just been a chicken with it's head cut off lately!!
Ok, here is my update. Joe was admitted to the hospital here in our town on the 13th of this month. He just got worse and worse while in the hospital because his back would go into spams that would really send him reeling in pain. They upped his demerol so many times and finally put a pain patch on him too and gave him some steroids to help... Friday evening he was feeling a little better and like I mentioned in my very first post about all this we were waiting on a doctor in Joplin MO or Kansas City to see him and do the surgery. Well his doctor here couldn't get ahold of anyone! And the one that he did talk to said she couldn't do it until July and he would have to stay admitted until then. Well that wasn't an option. But his doctor kept telling Joe that if she would just look at his MRI results she would want to see him much sooner. Well come Friday at 4 pm his doctor comes running into the room saying that he finally spoke with her personally and she wanted him there tonight!! :) With surgery scheduled for the next morning. SO we started scrambling. I dont know how to get around in Joplin very well yet so I had to call my DH's mom (Joe's mom ) to come get me so we could follow the ambulance down there. She said ok and was on her way. An hour later she still hadn't showed up and Joe had alraedy been checked out of the hospital he was just waiting for the ambualnce drivers to get there, so I called over to her house (it's only 15 minutes away) and found she hadn't even left!! WW3 had broken out in their home apparently (Joe's sister and two kids live with them) and she was crying and there was lots of yelling in the background etc. I was so mad. They like to fight over petty things (which this turned out to be) and I needed her to come get me so that I could be there with Joe (Joe's cousin had my kids that day) So she finally arrives just as Joe is being put into the ambulance and we head that way. This is late already, we arrive at the hospital about 8:30 pm and he has to fill out tons of paper work etc and then the surgeon came in around 9 pm to go over everything. She was very nice and seemed like a great doctor. So surgery was scheduled for 8 am the next morning.
I know this is so long... I'm sorry...
So we come home about 11:30 that night (Joe's cousin just kept the kids all night for me, which is a first for me but that is another story :) ) And I crashed. Saturday we went back to Joplin to see him when he got out of surgery, he was in alot of pain and so sleepy. I felt so bad for him . But the surgery itself went great. The doctor also told us that if he gets up soon after surgery and all that he can come home sunday!!! So they planned to get him up at 4 pm saturday to stretch his legs, 6 pm they took him off of the IV and just gave him meds through pill form and he was sitting well in a chair. Ok, so we saw him for a couple of hours after surgery then had to head BACK to our town ( by the way Joplin in 1 hour and 15 minutes or so away one way) because my baby shower (which they wouldn't cancel due to everything happening) was at 2 pm. So we rushed back and did that. It turned out nice. Not too many showed up but I was overly grateful of the ones that did. I got lots of cute outfits and such and it took my mind off of things so I guess it was good to have it anyway. Then at 5 pm it was over and we once again headed back to Joplin to see Joe. (Joe's cousin kept the kids yet again for me over night which broke my heart!! But I knew we wouldn't be back until really late and they needed to sleep.) He looked much better last night. He was sitting in a chair when we got there with no IV hooked to him and he said besides the incision pain he felt great! So we stayed until late, got home even later and today I slept in!!! I am waiting on his phone call to let me know if he is being released today or not. I think he will be. I hope so. So now that the kids are still gone this a.m. I am trying to get our room all picked op and organized so I don't have to worry about him tripping on somthing and all that when he comes home. So that has been my week in a nutshell. The day he was first admitted here I had a ton of contractions and they really scared me. I was so afraid I would have this baby early and without Joe by my side, wednesday I had my midwife appointment and she said to try and take it easy which she knew was hard for me to do. But I really have been trying too and now I don't have hardly any contractions anymore. Just two or three braxton hicks a day and those are fine.
OK, well. I'm sorry I wrote so much and I hope it's all coherent! :lol: But everything has settled down now and I am so glad the surgery was done and is over. Now we can start facing the next hospital stay in the family (MINE) lol.
well, I promise to check in more often and don't hold back with your posts because of me! I love to hear what everyone else is doing in their lives whether mundane or frantic!! lol
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Talk to you all soon!!

05-18-2003, 12:44 PM
He just called and is being released at 1 pm today!!!!!
Gotta go.

05-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Spryng~ that is just wonderful awesome news!!!! And I hope that by now Joe is resting at home with you and your family. I am so happy that he was finally fast tracked into surgery, and is now much more comfortable. And what a relief for you! Sooooo, take your midwife's advice and try to take it easy......your time will be soon enough!;) BTW, for someone who has been through so much, you sounded amazingly coherent. And what a wonderful answer to prayer..........

As for me, this weekend has been interesting. Dd kind of disappeared yesterday- oh, basically we knew where she was and what she was doing.......but it is the first time that she ran off with the car for 12 hours..........this was SO much more fun when they were babies!!!!! We have had to tighten her reigns a bit (she is none too happy with me!), not because she has been bad, but she still has a junior license and will for another year until she is 18. I had to drag out the motor vehicle manual, explaining that she can't be driving past 9pm without Dh or me in the car. (that went over like lead balloons). Aw, who cares- I can't change the law!
Today and yesterday I have been so good with my eating (I basically was bad Wed and Thursday) and gotten my walks in.
Today I went for the "long" walk- 3+ miles to get 3 activity points.
I am trying to keep some pressure on myself, as this is PMS week and Thursday is our anniversary- and we are going out to dinner to celebrate. So, I'd like to bank some points for that day.
Other than that, today was nice. A cool but sunny spring day.
We ate dinner on the deck, which was nice..... a nice way to slow down at the end of a weekend.
Guess I have babbled enough. Jackie, hope that all is well with you, how is FIL doing? Karen and Melissa.........where ya hiding?
We miss you!!!

05-19-2003, 02:18 AM

I just thought that I'd let you all know that I survived the weekend & ds's Confirmation party. My FIL should be released from the Hosp. Monday or Tuesday & will definitely be going to a Nursing Home. I've been so busy trying to find one & indeed found one, but it's 40 min. away. My MIL & I toured it & also agreed that it would be okay. He has a private room & when he looks outside he has a nice view of some residential homes & trees. They said that we could put a bird feeder outside his window, so that should help too! DH Aunt was all bent out of shape with our choice. (Too far away.) I told her that there was one closer with an opening & after I mentioned which one & asked her if she wanted him there, she said no way!! So-I guess I won that battle! ;) Well, as I mentioned-I had one busy weekend & tomorrow doesn't look too much better. I'm going to hang in there though & focus on Tuesday going better. With Tues. as my focus, I don't feel as burned out. Ginny: Thanks for asking me if I was taking care of myself. Physically I'm not, but I did remember to take my meds today! :D I ended my day by going to my Mom's house to watch the Bachelor. (DH & the kids went to see my FIL at the Hosp.) DH knew I needed a break, so this was fine with him. Spryng: Glad to hear that Joe had his surgery already. Is he able to walk yet? If not, I sure hope that you have some help lined up for at home. Also, could this be a work injury that just flared up now from his previous job? If so, you can try & claim workman's comp. Good Luck! Well gals, I'm getting tired now & I'm going off to dream land. I'll catch up with the rest of you gals later, okay? :yawn:

05-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Good morning all!
Jackie I hope things calm down there for you soon and you feel like yourself again. I know you are stressed out and we are here for you!!
Ginny thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Oh and yes Jackie my DH is walking already. It's slow but he actually feels better if he walks around. Hid doctor doesn't like crutches or canes or a walker because she said he needs to walk unasisted to stregthen the muscles of his back again and those other things don't allow him to do that. Last night was hard for him. Our mattress is so old and worn that is gave him no support so his parents came over and put a 5/8 inch board under the matress to firm it up some and a matress wedge to give him some elevation and after that he did much better. I hope he continues to get better as this rate.
Well I need to get off here and go through the stuff I got at the baby shower and start putting things away and cleaning up around here.
Melissa I hope you are feeling well and thank you also for keeping my family in your thoughts. That was so sweet of you. Everyone here is so great, I just love you all!!! xoxo

I'll check back in later!!
Oh and I'm 35 weeks today!! So exciting!

05-19-2003, 02:17 PM

Spryng: Glad to hear that Joe is back home again. Sorry to hear about the uncomfortable bed. Hopefully the board will help somewhat. If not, maybe you could buy one of those canvas air mattress'. I'll keep your family in my prayers, okay? Were the kids excited to see you again, or did their big cousins spoil them rotten? ;) I'll sign off for now, see you all later.

05-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Yes the board is helping alot it seems. He is napping now and looks very comfortable. And the kids were happy to be home. They went to bed at 10 pm last night without any fussing (I guess they missed their rooms) and slept in until 9:30 this morning so I guess DH and I wasn't the only ones worn out the past week. :)
Well I guess I either need to take a nap or run to walmart to pick up some things we need. I can't decide. Hmmm... choices. I'll talk with you all later!

05-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Good evening,

I'm still around, just been a bit busy!?!

Spryng, I'm so happy to hear that Joe's on the road to recovery, and you have him back at home! So what kind of good things did you get for you & the baby???

Jackie, We want you to be healthy and happy too, so please take your meds. and maybe things will calm down for you now!

Ginny, How are you doing??? I hope thing have calmed down there for you, and I'm glad Dd is alright. How do you do it? My Ds is only pre-teen and I could just pull my hair out at times!?!

Not much going on here, just had a DR's appt. with my asthma DR. today, and all is well! Now I'm just sitting at home waiting on some new arrivals~Hershey, my furry daughter is due to have puppies any day! I'll let y'all know when they arrive, and maybe even post a picture!?!

Everyone have a good evening!

05-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Great to read the posts this morning..........and so happy to see that life is returning to some semblance of normal........as if life with kids is ever normal!;)

Jackie- I do hope that for you today is a beautiful day! One that you can at least enjoy being home- and take pleasure in a bit less stress. Sometimes after an ordeal like you have been thru, a day of just staying home and getting some housework done (or some other normal routine) is such a blessing and soothing.......you deserve a rest my friend!!!! I know when Dh's Grandma was in a nursing home, which was about 45 minutes away- we took turns seeing her, she always had someone who would see her that day, but we rotated, so that noone had to make the trek 45 minutes each day. Perhaps something like that can be done with FIL, to ease up the burden on all. I continue to pray for you.

Spryng- I am so happy to hear that Joe is doing better also!!!!!
The Dr sounds wise with regards to him getting around on his own steam. I hope that the bedboard helped a lot......... Did you have fun putting away the baby shower goodies??:) Your time is getting so close.......this is exciting! How are you feeling? You too have been thru so much in the past week, I hope that your BP is good and the Braxton Hicks have slowed down a bit. I'll keep praying for you and your family as well.

Mel- well are you a Grandma yet??????;) How is Hershey faring- what kind of dog is she? And what are you going to do with the pups? Puppies are so cute (and I love kittens even more)- I'd have a hard time giving them up. Glad that your Dr appt went well, has the pregnancy made your asthma harder to control? Are you worse in the spring/ summer with it???

As for me, well, I thought today would be calm.........and it ain't!
I have to go for my annual physical for work (state mandated to make sure I am not some sort of derelict!) So I'll be leaving for that soon. I feel sort of crummy- TOM showed up yesterday......:dizzy: And I wish I could just stay home! I've gotten lots of walking in- 2.5 miles this am and 2 miles yesterday.
And my eating was very good yesterday- despite a ton of stress ( it's softball season........:( ). Tomorrow is WI- and I am clueless as to how that will go........last weeks was so good........we'll see!!!!
Gotta go! Have a great day!!!!!

05-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi there~!

Ginny, what a machine you are! I wish that I could get a routine going and get more walking in. Don't worry about TOM and WI, you'll be back to better than normal in a week!!!

As for me, no grand pups yet!?! Hershey is just lying around waiting! As for her breed, she's an American Pit Bull Terrier, but not like the ones you hear about in the news, she's my baby! We breed show dogs, and it is hard to let them go, but I do find them all good homes! We've raised them for 10 years and never had a problem with temperament, as a matter of fact~ they're all spoiled rotten. Our other house dog, Cocoa Man, started whinning last night when the weather got a little rough, so we had to let him get in the bed with Dh, Hershey and myself, so that he could hide under the covers! Anyway enough of my ranting, as you can tell, we love them! And as for my asthma, it's usually worse in the Winter and Spring, but I'm doing fine with it now. It got worse during my first trimester, and now it hardly bothers me at all! But to add to my breathing problem, I also have Sleep Apnea, and have to wear a mask at night while I'm sleeping to make sure I'm getting plenty of air/oxygen. But I'm doing fine with that too!

Well I guess I'll go for now, it's lunch time!


05-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Good afternoon all!
Glad to see everyone is doing pretty good. Jackie I hope you are getting rested up and your life gets a little more normal soon.
Ginny I did have fun putting away the stuff from the baby shower, but now I know I still need more of 0-3 month clothing, mainly onsies so I'm going to try and find some to buy soon. I also went down yesterday and bought everything I need for my hospital bad (and Tanner a cute little pair of booties for coming home! I couldn't resist) So now I just have to pack my bag and the baby's bag and that will be done. I can't believe I am 35 weeks already. Where has the time gone? Next week I get my first internal and I am actually looking forward to it!! I've been dreaming about this little guy every night now and I am so ready to hold him in my arms and smell his sweet newborn smell.... ahhh.... (sigh) Just a few more weeks.
Well anway, today I haven't done much of anything. I need to go outside and really clean out the car. It has turned into a pigsty lately. Trash, smashed snacks from the kids, etc. Then I will take it down and vaccuum it out. It really needs it. Right now I am washing the kids car seat covers. It's time to get them some booster seats for the car but I don't know which ones to buy so we are waiting a bit longer.
Ok, well I guess I will get off here. Oh and soon there will be another dieter in the house! My DH has orders from the surgeon to lose weight so that his back can ease up from the pressure of his weight and he is all for it so I have been looking into some diet plans for him lately and he'll be starting something soon with me joining him as soon as Tanner arrives. So it will be so nice to have someone at home to do it with.
Talk to you all soon!!

05-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am gone for a week and I miss everything!

Spyrng - WOW. I cant believe all you have been through in the last week! I am so glad that Joe is home and feeling better and walking! What a blessing! I can imagine you are so relieved!

Jackie - You have had it rough too! Im glad you have a place for your FIL and can slow down a bit. I remember when my grandfather broke his back and mom had to find a place for him. He lived alone for 2 months after my grandmother died before he fell. (He was not quite 89 at the time) then he lived with my mom and dad for almost 2 years before it got to be too much for them. It is amazing how much better he got when he had better care and how much better their relationship got after he wasnt under their roof anylonger.

Mel - A baby and PUPPIES? WOW! You will be busy for a while wont you? How are you feeling? I hear sleep apneia is not fun. Is it because of the pregnancy?

Ginny - To answer your question about my allergies/asthma from a while ago, I do take alegra and a nasal spray every morning. I take Singular at night and use an albuterol inhailer to pre-medicate when I exercise and when I feel tight. But would you believe that the day after I posted that last note, I got REALLY sick. It started as a head cold and now I have a respritory infection. I am on a cortozone inhailer and another steriod inhailer just so that I can stop feeling like a mac truck is sitting on my chest! I havent bee able to go to the gym since last tuesday. UGH!

My life has been really crazy lately. My darling 4 year old daughter really started off my week. Yesterday morning she snuck into her brothers room, got on a stool and took out his hamster. She then got a toy bucket of water and droped the poor little guy in it! My hubby caught her just as she was dumping the bucket on the floor. Fortunately the hamster is fine, but DS's room is still soaking wet and ds is soooooo mad at her. and all this happened before 6AM! Needless to say, she is in a lot of trouble right now.

I'll check in again in a couple of days. Right now I need a nap! My ears are all clogged up too and buzzing!

Take care everyone!

05-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Oh Karen! I hope you get to feeling better soon! And sorry to hear about the hamster incident. Thankfully he was ok. And it's great to see you back.
Well ladies I am on only shortly tonight. I just have some news. Joe went back to the ER tonight. He had been sleeping most of the day and was complaining he wasn't feeling too well. At 6 o'clock he started running a fever (something you don't want to do after surgery) and I noticed his left side on his back looked really swollen. Of course I overdid it today cleaning out the car and I was feeling miserable too so I called his mom and she took him to the ER in Joplin (we called his surgeon and she wanted him in asap) so I stayed with the kids even though I feel really bad about not being there with him. Hopefully it is something that can be treated with antibiotics or something and he will get sent home tonight. He was so afraid they would admit him again. Poor guy. So I am up waiting on him to call with news one way or another. It's just one thing after another here. But I am doing ok. I was really upset when he drove off to the Er with his mom. It broke my heart to think he may have to go through more pain before this is over and I cried and cried. But once that was out of my system I have been thinking as positive as possible and staying busy with the kids to keep my mind off of it. So I feel calm now.
Anyway, I'm going to lay down while I wait for his call. Hope everyone else is having an uneventful night. :)

05-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Good afternoon!!!!:)

Spryng~ Gee, I hope that Joe is ok!!!! Have you heard from him yet??? I guess by now he should be home (if he was coming home)- although I know that sometimes they like to have an overnight to see that the antibiotic is working. I'll pray for you......this never seems to end! As far as diets go, that is good news that he will be joining you on a weight loss program. It will make it a ton easier for you, and also set a great example for your kids. The tough part is that most men lose more quickly than men (the fat just seems to like us better!:lol: )- no actually it has to do with the amount of muscle mass that they carry (I think). I'd like to suggest WW (not getting paid for this!) only because you can eat anything you want- just within moderation. You can take the kids to Burger King or Mickey D's........it still works. Just an idea..........

Karen~ have you dried out yet? Oh, how your water/hamster story brought back memories (some not so fond) of Ds as a young child. He was into everything~ that sounds like a story out of his book!!!! I hope that you are feeling better too! I hope that the cortozone and steroids kick in soon~ sometimes they are slow to act. That is the one thing I dislike most about being slightly asthmatic, now all my colds seem to trigger that! Last weeks cold is still rumbling around in my chest, although I am almost off the albuterol. Drink some tea- if you like it- it contains a substance that also helps asthma (although it is a mild effect) Big hugs to you!

Melissa~ a grand mommy yet????? Sounds fun waiting for the puppies. I'd have a tough time getting rid of them, but it sure sounds as though you - in finding good homes- have a plan. That is how we got our spoiled cat- from the vet's office- one of his assistants cat's had kitties. We knew we would take one even before our other cat (now in kitty heaven) died (she was very sick). But the assistant told us that we were the easiest house to give a kitten to, as she knew it would have the best home.....thus a very spoiled cat....... The story of Cocoa Man and Hershey hiding under the covers with you and Dh is just too cute.....hope you have a king sized bed for when the baby joins you (for those cranky times)!!!! We used to joke about that when we had all the kids and cats in bed with us too. I am glad that your asthma is under control. I can't imagine losing lung capacity to pregnancy belly and then compounding it with asthma too!

Well, I have to go back to my yellow limo. Went to the WI today and lost 1.2# for a grand total of 25#. 26 more to go............:dizzy: that is if I go to the lower weight set by the Dr.
Guess it could be only 21............... No walk yet, as it was raining this am and I was pooped!
Gotta go- have a great day!

05-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Ginny congrats on your loss!! You are half way there!! Yes Joe came home last night, actually at 1 am this morning. They put him on an antibiotic and said to just keep a close eye on it. I'm so glad he is home again. We were so worried he would be admitted again. But he seems to be feeling pretty good today and getting around pretty well.
Well, it's time for my nap. I'll check in with you ladies later!! Oh and Ginny what did your WW leader speak about today? Oh and I have thought about WW for us but we are strapped right now financially because of Joe not being able to work for the next 6-8 weeks, so it's not feasible. But I would really love to when we can.
Talk to you later!

05-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Well, I came on to check on Ds's math homework..........gee what will I do with my time when school is out?????:lol:

Spryng! I am so happy that Dh is home........he must be too (and we know that you are!) Antibiotics are so wonderful.........and it still amazes me how the right medication can make you feel better so quickly. Thanks for letting us know the good news! And I hope that you got your nap in!!!!!!

So, you asked about the WW lecture, eh?? Well, you did not get last weeks either, as that was when your life and Jackie's got complicated. I'll give you both in a nutshell....

Last week's lecture- or show (Laura is that entertaining!) was about shopping in the supermarket. To summarize-
1. Go shopping with a list and stick to it. (eliminates hasty impulse buying of junk foods)
2. Make your food list in the order of the aisles of the store- this prevents back tracking thru the cookie aisle- the chip aisle- you get the picture.
3. Go shopping with a menu plan in mind- again this way you get what you need, and hopefully do not respond to those donuts calling your name that are not on the list!!!
4. Make sure that this is a necessary trip! Don't go in the food store just to see what is on sale........... it leads to unnecessary foods and temptation.
There was one other thing she mentioned.....and my notes are upstairs- I'll fill in that gap later!!:)

Today was about riding the wave of summer eating.......meaning that we can allow ourselves to ride the wave or get swept under.
To ride the wave takes planning-but it can be done. She was adamant about allowing ourselves to eat summer treats- such as ice cream- potato salad- hot dogs etc.......denial gets you nowhere!!! But the way to get around them are: and this is going to sound an awful lot like the easter candy meeting!

1. Allow yourself a smaller portion of the "high point" food.
2. Make a more healthy version of the high point food.
3. Make something to substitute in for the high point food.
(she gave us a recipe for peanutbutter chocolate pie that was awesome! A great sub for dessert and only 4 points for a large serving!)
4. Plan, plan, plan.......which is why the WW materials are helpful.
It allows you to see that the milkshake you want so badly is 18 points (one at Dairy Queen is!!!!!:o ) and if you only get 22 points a day- you have trouble!!!!! But with the planning, you can bank points- work out and gain a few points.......split the portion in half and save the rest for another day......lots of ways to skin that cat!
(sorry, RC)

This is why I like WW- it enables you to live and still lose weight.
BTW, Spryng, I bought my WW materials on ebay- for about $40, and then you can follow the plan - Jackie and I can fill you in on the details as needed if you like. Of course now I get them by attending the meetings too.
Gotta go make dinner!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great nite!

05-21-2003, 08:17 PM
oh gosh I was in total suspence reading your posts spryng. I'm so relieved he is doing well as you and the baby are too. I'm keepig you in my thoughts and prayers girl :)
Hi Jackie, Ginny, and MEL!
yep its me and I'm back.
oh wow what a huge experience I've been having. I'll let you all in. Well I finally got home from my parents and got to see my dr. Everything is fine. as of this week I'm around 14 weeks prego and have had two ultrasounds (one was 3d and sooooo cool) the baby has a strong heartbeat and is growing good (me too!) still no clue on what the sex is. I think its a boy. My Dh s super excited and so are my girls. Now to tell you why I never got back sooner. Well I came home and my pc was once again fried :( Soo then I was unable to post. Next we went to MD to meet our cousin coming home from afganistan (imagine he's 23 and now a veteran...wow huh) He looked like he aged 10 years when we first got to see hi frm heat and just total exaustion. well after making it bck from there my pc was still down and Dh and i took a lil honeymoon. I'm sure ya gotta be thinking we've honeymooned enough for me to be preggers again! Mexico was beautiful and unloaded a great deal of stress of the 2 of us. I feel great. So excited to be able to enjoy this pregnancy. This also is our last child. Oh and I began feeling the baby move yesterday! Absolutly amazing girls WOW. So thats me in short. I aologize if I worried anyone. But I'm back now and gonna get back in line with you all. Oh I have to go, the kids are going wild!
have and OP day!

05-22-2003, 01:52 AM
Oh Misty! I am so glad to see you back!!! Was that 3D ultrasound amazing or what?? I didn't get one of those with any of my pregnancies but I've seen pics from others and it's so amazing the detail it picks up. Have you battled morning sickness much? I'm so glad you and your DH got to get away a little together... it's so nice to be alone with your mate sometimes. Hopefully next year my DH and I can get away for our 6th anniversary. And congrats on feeling the baby move! I know you know this already but it's still so miraculous with each and every pregnancy, I'm still enjoying every little movement coming from inside me. He's had alot of hiccups today :) I just love it. When is your next appointment and your big ultrasound?? Are you going to find out the sex or let it be a suprise? Been thinking about names?? Sorry about all the questions I've just missed you!! I think it's so exciting for you, myself, and Mel to go through this together. I can't wait until all our babies are here and we can share our birth stories and such. Ok, well I'll be quiet now lol.
My day has went fairly well. I was gone most of the morning paying bills (my DH has always done it so it was new to me but I enjoyed it) and then we went to my in-laws so DH could shower (they have a seat in their shower which makes it easier for him to wash) and ate dinner over there. He is feeling really good today and getting around fantastic. Lets hope it just gets better and better.
Well, I am off to bed now. Hope everyone had a great night and gets a good nights sleep!

05-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Good morning!!!!

Welcome back Misty!!!! Sounds like you had a great trip, some well deserved time with Dh and rest. That sono sounds neat too, I'm happy for you!

Spryng- glad that Dh is feeling better, and life is returning to normal (for at least a little while!). Now that you are done with your bills, wanna pay mine..........I'll even supply the checks and the money- I just dislike the process sometimes!!!

Today I am taking Dd out of school early for a Dr appt- a check up with a pediatric urologist.......no big deal- I'm looking foward to having her alone for the afternoon. Today is our anniversary.....guess we will get out this weekend to celebrate as both the older kids have concerts/programs at school tonite!!!
I did get a nice walk in this am...........gotta run to get some housework done. Have a great day.
Ginny :)

05-22-2003, 11:31 AM

I had a long post but it disappeared???

Anyway, welcome back Misty! Congratulations to you Ginny, for your great WI!!!

No puppies yet, but it'll be soon!

05-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Happy Anniversary Ginny! I hope you do get some special time in with your Dh. Congrats on getting your walk in hon. Keep up the greatwork!

Sorry your post dissappeared Mel! What kind of puppies are you expecting??? I just love puppies!
Thanks for the welcome back too.

Well We haven't even thought what to call the baby if its a girl :o But if its a boy we want to name him Baylend Merle. I'm def. going to fid out the sex. I did with both my girls. I get way to impatient to wait. I guess probaby in July they will do another ultrasound. It was amazing with the 3D. That was the first one I have ever seen. It was so great to see the lil baby kicking and flinging its arms around. Makes it seem so surreal. I'm talking crazy now! Even tho this is my third pregnancy it feels like I am experiencing it all for the first time.
I'm so glad to hear Your Dh is doing so well spryng. I can't even imagine. You are one heck of a strong woman! I'm so proud of you to have handled all this and not to have seriously fell apart. Joe is serously glad to have you as a wife and the mother of his children. I hope you really do get to honeymoon alittle bit for your anniversary. You both deserve it.

Well I really gotta go, lots of things to unpack and straighten up!
Have an op day!!

05-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Good morning!!!
I'm tired, confused..........doing fine just need a breather!!!! No walk yet, I allowed myself to sleep in as we got in so late (11) from picking up kids........thankfully tomorrow is Saturday.

Melissa- don't ya hate it when a really good long post gets dropped!!!!!!There has to be a way to get around that- but as of yet, I do not know how! Glad you checked in anyway~ let us know when you are an official grandma!!! I can't wait to hear about the pups.

Misty~ what an original name!!!!! But it sure does have a distinctive sound to it, and a bit of a Southern regional flair. Is your boys name selected after another family member? Of just because you like it? Great that you have one name already- I have been in labor with only one name picked out (and not knowing what sex the baby was at the time!). Thanks for the anniversary wishes~ we hope to get out for dinner tomorrow to celebrate.

Hope that everyone is feeling great- especially you pregnant friends out there! Jackie.........where are you??????????:(
See ya later!

05-23-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm here! Just busy, busy, busy! I'll try & post later. I have to hop in the shower now, as I have to leave the house in 15 min. for an appt. to get my hair permed. TTFN!

05-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Good afternoon all!
Misty I just love that name too!! So unique!! I hope you are feeling good today.
Mel there is a way to save your posts before you hit submit. Just right click on your post in the box and choose "select all" and it will all be highlighted then right click again and choose copy then you can hit submit and if your post gets lost you just put your cursor back in the reply box and right click and hit paste and it will be back!! Then hit submit again. Hope that helps some.
Ginny I hope you get rested up! And jackie can't wait to hear about your WI yesterday and what your WW leader spoke about.
Today is a busy one for me. Took DH to Joplin this morning to get his stitches out and then had to rush back so that I could get busy on cleaning my house! I have an aunt and uncle coming to stay with us this weekend (will be here tomorrow) and I have alot to get done. Thankfully it's mostly done now. All I have left is to vacuum (fixing to go to walmart to buy some more bags) dishes, sweep and mop, and odds and end things. So it's pretty much so done now. My FIL is coming over in a little while to move a dresser into our bedroom so I had to clean out a spot for that and my DH's 14 yo cousin is here and going to mow our lawn for us since DH can't. So we are busy and I am tired but o-well. I'll just try to get in bed early tonight since a nap is out of the question.
Well, guess I should get off here. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a great evening!! :)

05-23-2003, 06:18 PM
They're here!!!

We have 9 beautiful puppies~ 6 female and 3 male, but let me say that I'm exhausted! I was up all night with her, and she didn't finish until 9 am this morning. So I've been trying to get some little naps in today, but the little moma isn't getting much rest, so neither am I !?!

Anyway, how is everyone? Misty and Spryng, I was going to share my 3D ultrasound picture with y'all but the file was too large, and that's how I lost my post yesterday. Anyway, out of my 3 ultrasounds, only one was 3D and it was amazing, and we even got a video of it!!! I scaned the picture onto my PC and made it my screen saver!!! SO... sweet!

Oh well, I better get back to the new mom!


05-23-2003, 11:13 PM
I hope this works!?!

05-23-2003, 11:19 PM
How about that, I figured it out!

I'm still up, and the puppies are doing fine, just about to turn in and wanted to fiddle with trying to get my 3D ultrasound up for y'all. Just in case you can't make her out, you're looking at a left side profile of her face, going down the right and at the bottom right is her shoulder, and her left arm and hand are in front of her face, to the left side of the pic!

Have a good night, and I hope everyone has a great and restfull holiday weekend!

05-24-2003, 12:02 AM
That is such a great picture Mel! It looks like she is sleeping on a pillow, how sweet!! And congrats on your new puppies! What kind of dog is it again?
Well ladies I over did it today. I am so tired and I hurt all over. Cleaning this house all by myself now that DH is not able to help really did me in. I swept and mopped the kitchen and thought I was going to die!! So now I am sitting here resting and drinking some cold water trying to cool off before I lay down. Thankfully though everything is done and all I have to do tomorrow is grocery shopping and odds n ends. My aunt and uncle shouldn't be here until around 4:30 pm so I may even get a nap before they come. So I should be well rested tomorrow.
Ok, well I just wanted to check in again. Everyone have a great evening and enjoy your holiday weekend!! :)

05-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Just a quick hello~ lots to do today......the fun never ends here!!

Jackie- I hope that perm comes out 'real perty!!!!! Nothing like getting your hair done to raise your spirits a bit! (and I love that for the whole time you are getting your hair done you can sit.....and chat........or read.......relax a bit!:) ) Hope that you can check in with us again soon.

Spryng- another one with a bad case of the chronic overdoitness!
SLOW down hon.......and please remember how very patient housework is, it always waits for you!! (and at my house it waits a long, long time!:lol: ) Hope that your visit went well, and that you did get a nap in!

Melissa- congrats there grandma!!! How are you and the puppies and mamma doing??? Is 9 an average size litter for that breed? (sounds like a lot to me, but then I am used to kittens).
I love your baby picture, she looks so peaceful and happy in there!

Well, it has been busy, as usual. We were already out shopping for Ds's graduation clothes...and Dh and I hope to get out later to celebrate our anniversary. Tomorrow is Dd's 17th bday- she is getting old, not her parents! I did get a walk in this am- but I have snitched a lot- nothing really bad- but I have to behave myself now to stay within points range for the day. Stress eating is a killer........:(

Gotta go - have a great weekend!

05-25-2003, 01:15 PM

I better update y'all on the new mom and her pups~! Yesterday morning, 24 hours after she delivered puppy #9, she delivered a still born pup and then proceeded to deliver another live pup. So, we have 10 live puppies now, and we're all extremely worn out, but things are getting better.

Spryng, we raise American Pit Bull Terriers, and thay're all very smart and sweet! Not all of the horror stories that you hear in the news, they have to be train to be mean. Anyway, how are you doing? I hope you have a nice visit with your family this weekend.

Ginny, I know what you mean about stree eating, it's a hard habit to break too. I'm not eating well right now either, but I'll be back on track as soon as thing calm down here with the puppies! Hang in there and have a nice time with Dh and celebrating your anniversary!

I better go for now, TTYL!

05-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Good afternooon all!
Mel congrats on 10 puppies!! Wow! That's a huge litter!! I bet they are so cute. We had to get rid of our dogs recently, they bit my dd and it really scared her to where she wouldn't go outside so we found them new homes. It's actually easier now... I don't have them to worry about when we are gone and all that.
And yes we are having a nice time with my aunt and uncle. I don't know for sure if they are staying another night or going home this evening but either way I'm having a great time! My uncle is from the era of ACDC etc and he plays the guitar so he brought his and has been entertaining us very well :) I just love live music and he is so talented. Right now he and DH are in a battle of Chess. It could last a while lol.
Well I bought some evening primrose oil today and have taken two already, we'll see if it helps get my cervix going soon. My next appointment is this tuesday and I'm excited to find out if I am starting to progress any. I hope so. I wouldn't mind having him at 37 or 38 weeks. But not that I have much a say in it or anything. :)
Well, I need to get back to my guests. Just wanted to pop in and say hello!! I hope everyone's weekend is going well!!

05-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Melissa, so sorry to hear about your one pup that did not make it!
But those 10 sound sweet- enjoy them!!!!! They change from day to day with the rate that they grow at. Hope that you are getting some rest, you have your own sweet little one to rest up for!:)

Spryng- sorry for sounding like a worry wart........has your midwife okayed evening primrose oil? (I am admittedly not up on that one, although there are some herbal remedies that I do use).
I just don't want anything bad to happen to you.... Sounds like you are having a great time with your aunt and uncle, I hope that their visit is just the right duration. Are you getting any rest?

We are having a quiet day here, it is raining.......still......aw that is fine with me as then I am not rushing off doing 50 million things.
I kind of like calm days at home.....Dh is a different story, however. And Dd (7) has a bit of a headache no fever, though.
So maybe a quiet day is in order here. I did squeeze a walk in last nite- for some reason I was hopping with energy. Who knows about today with this rain.
Gotta go- hope that your memorial day weekend is going well.

05-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Good morning all!
yes Ginny, evening primrose oil is perfectly safe during the last weeks of pregnancy. It doesn't put one into labor but softens and helps the cervix efface and dialate. So I figure if I start taking it now I may get to have him by 38 weeks along. That is my hope anyway... he is just getting so BIG in there!! I think the EPO is working too because I am starting to lose my mucous plug (sorry if that's tmi) But tomorrow is my midwife visit and my first internal exam so I will definitely let you all know if I am starting to progress any. Keep your fingers crossed that it is good news!!! 36 weeks today!! Yippee!! Oh and I packed the baby's bag for the hospital last night, it was so much fun. I can't wait until he is here. I also put sheets on his little bassinet pad and a blanket in there... ahhhh (sigh) not much longer now. All I have left to do is pack my bag, boil some nipples, and wash a few more outfits and then I am officially prepared for his arrival!! I'm getting so excited!
My aunt and uncle left yesterday afternoon. It was a wonderful visit. Their stay was long enough to be enjoyable and not too long to where it wore me out. But she is great about things like that. They smoke but I never had to ask them to go outside to do it they just did... etc. She's very sensitive to other's feelings on matters so it was a stress free weekend. How often does that happen with guests?? lol
Well, I am starving and DH wants chinese so I guess I better get around so we can go out. I hope everyone is having a great day!!

05-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Spryng, sounds like you had a great weekend~ and now you are all ready for the baby!!! I hope that your visit with the midwife goes well~ I was always excited when the internals began. Seems so funny to me how you can be dilating- effacing and really not feel any different (until the end that is!). Enjoy the visit- and soon your sweet little son will be in your arms! How is Joe feeling????

As for me, today was another busy day- Last night Dh and I got all over Ds's case for not doing his math homework, and I told him that I wanted to see the hw done and on the kitchen table by 8 for me to go over. Well, with some reluctance- he complied.
So today at school the teacher asked for the hw from the class and only 2 kids had done it- Ds being one! He (and a buddy) told me that she got soooooo red in the face-could'nt believe that he had done his hw and was furious that she could not be upset with him. (they have a personality clash...........to say the least).
Well, it was funny to hear the story anyway.
Gotta scoot and get dinner on. Got those walks in- 4.5 miles today. Have a great evening!

05-28-2003, 12:05 AM
Good evening all!
Well it's been a long day. Just got home.
Ok here is how my Midwife visit went... I am 1 centimeter dilated and thick, the baby is -3 station and she felt him internally and externally and said he is over 8 lbs already!!! That really scared me. I have 4 more weeks to go! He could be 10 lbs by then!! But everything else was good. But now I am thinking I would like to try and have him earlier if I can. I don't want to push out a 10 lber if I can help it you know? Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my body in gear for labor?? I would love to have him by 37-38 weeks. (or tonight lol) I'm already taking my evening primrose oil and now have some blue cohosh (Yes Ginny it's very safe for the baby lol) both liquid and pills. The EPO is suppose to help the cervix dilate and efface and the blue cohosh helps contractions get strong when they finally begin, but of course neither of these will work if my body isn't ready so only time will tell. Please send some labor vibes my way ladies!! My midwife said that if I go into labor now they will not stop it that the baby is considered safe to have so come on labor!!!! Have any of you tried any natural induction methods that worked?? or know of any?? any advice is welcomed.
Well I am tired so off to bed I go. Have a great night all!!
(hey maybe my water will break in the night!! That would be a definite start to labor!! lol) ok I'll stop dreaming. :)

05-28-2003, 02:29 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm here just a 'lurkin'! Just wanted to say hi! I've been extremely busy with family matters & having company over. I've had my final party at home 'til August! (I hope!) I'll try & get more personal later, okay? TTFN!!

05-28-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi ladies,

I'm still here, just trying to get some rest after my busy weekend with the new babies, I'm still drained! BTW~ I have an update on the babies, yesterday we had to have the little runt put to sleep because she wasn't formed right and was suffering. And with all of these pregnancy hormones I was really emotional, plus I'd been spending so much time trying to get her stronger, only to find out that there was a birth defect? So, we're at 9 puppies again, and they're all doing very well!

As for me, just been watching after the pups and resting. I had become worried about my baby, because she's not been as active over the last few days, but she is still moving. I guess maybe she's just getting more restricted for room in there!?! Or should I call my DR? Like I said, she moves, just not big movements.

Spryng, I'll send you some happy going into labor thoughts, have fun! Let us know when things take off!?!

Ginny, is it just boy, or do you have those same problem getting Dd to do her work? My Ds is getting pretty lazy with his work too, and I hope it doesn't carry over to his sister when she's in school!!! Yesterday was my Ds last day of school, because he was exempt from all of his exams, because he had perfect atendance and his grade averages were all up! So, it's officially summer here now! And our DN is staying with us for a few weeks, this is the same one that started school here with Ds this year, but ended up going home, home sick. He's just visiting this time, but it's a nice treat for Ds to have someone to do things with!

Jackie, hope things calm down for you soon, we miss you!

I'm going , but I'll be back soon!

05-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, I survived another day..........this has to get easier, right????

Spryng- I can't help you out with any ideas for getting labor to start......of my 3 full term pregnancies- Dd (17) was 9 days early (and my ob visit just 3 days prior I was not dilated or effaced at all!)- Ds was induced 2 weeks early and Dd was a week late.......some help I am!!!!! But I do know that Ds was 8#10 oz- pretty much the same as your baby- and the ob felt it ok to induce 2 weeks early because he was getting so big....and he was all head...........:lol: But you could try walking- I know that a lot of excercise helped me with Dd (17)- and she was early. As a matter of fact 2 days prior I took a high impact aerobic class.......actually I taught the class.....but that is another story!
Good luck- I'll keep you in prayer.

Jackie- well, you know me by now (Spryng too for that matter!).
Thanks for checking in......just to let us know that you are ok, just really busy. We miss your smiling face!:) Hope to hear from you soon.

Melissa- sorry about that little pup:( , sounds so sad.....but then there are 9 others and momma to keep you hopping (as though you were not busy enough before!) As far as the Ds thing......well, lets just summarize it this way.....Dd (17) could earn a PhD locked in a closet for 4 years with no help at all.....she is a great student and self motivated. Dd (7) is not quite the student her sister is- but observes her brother bellyachin' like a mule and has been known to say (at her tender age) "why doesn't he just get his hw done now and make it easy"- and then there is Ds..........:dizzy: we have tried bribery, pulling teeth, torture (we ended up being tortured, not him!:lol: ), politely asking, demanding, threatening...........the list goes on and on........and one of his best buddies- also 14- to see the look on his face each day waiting for the bus to come, you would think the kid had just been orphaned and someone stole his game cube to boot! The saddest face I ever saw........so, although I am sure there are many who react otherwise, but for me it is a gender thing.........guys just hate school. BTW, happy summer to you!!!

Well today, Dd had field day- which I was able to go to. The sun actually came out (for 4 hours before it rained again!). It was a fun day and nice to socialize with some of the other moms. Yes, I did get that walk in- and if I am a good girl and do not snack I will be within points....at 22 right now (not counting the 2 point walk).
I did not get to my meeting today (my friend told me I missed a good one) due to field day. I'll get there next week.:)
Gotta go. Have a great nite!!

05-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey! Where is everyone!!?
I am doing ok today. Very tired. I slept until 11 am and then laid back down for 1 1/2 hours at 1 pm so I'm pathetic I know :) But I am feeling better now. Still no labor here. Still wishing. And waiting. And hoping. And praying. I'm still taking the EPO and blue cohosh pills (I ran out of the tincture, I have to get some more on monday) and I don't know if they are working or not. I won't know unless I go into labor or my appointment on tuesday, but it will probably be at my appointment. I feel like the harder I try to start labor the less signs I have of it altogether. Even my normal braxton hicks have slowed way down. So who knows. My plug is still coming out in tiny pieces so I guess that is a positive. Hopefully something is going on in there.
Other than that nothing new happening around here. Please someone post so I have something other than this baby to talk about!! :lol: lol

05-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Ok, ok, ok..........you asked for a post and the thread chatter box showed up!!!!:)
Sorry that I missed yesterday- and this will have to be short, as Dh is home (el crabbo mood too!) and I have to get dinner on.
Tonite is the "talent show" at school- Dd (7) and I are playing a duet- flute (me) and piano (her). I am playing only to give her some back up- a wee bit of self confidence. For a 7 year old she plays well. Last nite was the sports banquet for our oldest- who walked away with MVP and best offensive player for her team. Plus an award for her perfect game- they made a trophy out of the game ball from that. Tomorrow she plays a local rival- for the sectional finals..........I hope that she plays well (yes, and wins too!) or there will be no peace in this house.

Guess I had better go and get dinner on.......
Spryng- sorry that you are not in labor yet........but sounding so tired could be the beginning of something. I know that with all of my pgs fatigue (more than normal) was the beginning of labor.
Have a great weekend!

05-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Hi there~!

I'm still hanging around too, and like Spryng, I've been very, very tired! Last night I was having lots of small contraction and some burning, that was enough to scare me into submission, I started pouring down the water, and just laid around most all evening. But once I began to feel better, Dh and I FINALLY put the baby's room together!!! It's all starting to feel so real now, and to top it off I finally made it to my third trimester!!! The baby has began performing her stunts again, which put my mind at ease. I guess that I just needed to catch up on my rest, because she seems to feel what I feel!?! The puppies are all doing fine, and getting big and fat! Today it's awfully HOT, Our high is suppose to be 97* so that give me even more incentive to rest and satay cool!

Ginny, I'm more amazed with you everyday! Playing flute on stage with your Dd playing piano, WOW, you're awsome. Have fun!!! And good luck to your oldest Dd!!!

Spryng, hang in there, it'll happen soon. I'm so excited for you, and I also have a friend in La. who's 34 weeks, and her DR. told her yesterday that she's getting close and already bumped her to weekly visits! So, the excitement of waiting on y'all will keep my mind busy and pass time more quickly for me!!!

I hope all is well with everyone, I'll check in again soon!

05-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Good evening all!
I hope the talent show goes well tonight Ginny!! Have lots of fun.
Mel I hope you are feeling more rested now and those contractions have subsided. I've had braxton hicks since 22 weeks along so I know how important it is to take it easy.
Well, I have felt better this evening. I even went ahead and took the Metamucil. It didn't taste too bad at all. We'll find out tomorrow if it works to get labor started. Lets hope and pray!! :) I have my best friend coming to visit tomorrow from tennesee. I'm so excited. She will be here until wednesday. So tomorrow I will be cleaning house before she gets here. I was just too pooped today to mess with it. I did make a nice dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread so at least the family got fed, but that was all I did.
Well, I'm calling it a night. Talk to you all tomorrow!!

05-30-2003, 11:41 PM
Hmmn.........I thought that it was strange that no one posted for a few days! (I opened up thread #75, but no one noticed!) Here you gals were still posting over here on #74. Want to come join me on #75. (There's more room to post over there!) Hope to see yah all over there!