Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 12:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
yes Ginny, evening primrose oil is perfectly safe during the last weeks of pregnancy. It doesn't put one into labor but softens and helps the cervix efface and dialate. So I figure if I start taking it now I may get to have him by 38 weeks along. That is my hope anyway... he is just getting so BIG in there!! I think the EPO is working too because I am starting to lose my mucous plug (sorry if that's tmi) But tomorrow is my midwife visit and my first internal exam so I will definitely let you all know if I am starting to progress any. Keep your fingers crossed that it is good news!!! 36 weeks today!! Yippee!! Oh and I packed the baby's bag for the hospital last night, it was so much fun. I can't wait until he is here. I also put sheets on his little bassinet pad and a blanket in there... ahhhh (sigh) not much longer now. All I have left to do is pack my bag, boil some nipples, and wash a few more outfits and then I am officially prepared for his arrival!! I'm getting so excited!
My aunt and uncle left yesterday afternoon. It was a wonderful visit. Their stay was long enough to be enjoyable and not too long to where it wore me out. But she is great about things like that. They smoke but I never had to ask them to go outside to do it they just did... etc. She's very sensitive to other's feelings on matters so it was a stress free weekend. How often does that happen with guests?? lol
Well, I am starving and DH wants chinese so I guess I better get around so we can go out. I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:48 PM   #62  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!
Spryng, sounds like you had a great weekend~ and now you are all ready for the baby!!! I hope that your visit with the midwife goes well~ I was always excited when the internals began. Seems so funny to me how you can be dilating- effacing and really not feel any different (until the end that is!). Enjoy the visit- and soon your sweet little son will be in your arms! How is Joe feeling????

As for me, today was another busy day- Last night Dh and I got all over Ds's case for not doing his math homework, and I told him that I wanted to see the hw done and on the kitchen table by 8 for me to go over. Well, with some reluctance- he complied.
So today at school the teacher asked for the hw from the class and only 2 kids had done it- Ds being one! He (and a buddy) told me that she got soooooo red in the face-could'nt believe that he had done his hw and was furious that she could not be upset with him. (they have a personality clash...........to say the least).
Well, it was funny to hear the story anyway.
Gotta scoot and get dinner on. Got those walks in- 4.5 miles today. Have a great evening!
Ginny
Old 05-27-2003, 11:05 PM   #63  

Good evening all!
Well it's been a long day. Just got home.
Ok here is how my Midwife visit went... I am 1 centimeter dilated and thick, the baby is -3 station and she felt him internally and externally and said he is over 8 lbs already!!! That really scared me. I have 4 more weeks to go! He could be 10 lbs by then!! But everything else was good. But now I am thinking I would like to try and have him earlier if I can. I don't want to push out a 10 lber if I can help it you know? Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my body in gear for labor?? I would love to have him by 37-38 weeks. (or tonight lol) I'm already taking my evening primrose oil and now have some blue cohosh (Yes Ginny it's very safe for the baby lol) both liquid and pills. The EPO is suppose to help the cervix dilate and efface and the blue cohosh helps contractions get strong when they finally begin, but of course neither of these will work if my body isn't ready so only time will tell. Please send some labor vibes my way ladies!! My midwife said that if I go into labor now they will not stop it that the baby is considered safe to have so come on labor!!!! Have any of you tried any natural induction methods that worked?? or know of any?? any advice is welcomed.
Well I am tired so off to bed I go. Have a great night all!!
(hey maybe my water will break in the night!! That would be a definite start to labor!! lol) ok I'll stop dreaming.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:29 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

I'm here just a 'lurkin'! Just wanted to say hi! I've been extremely busy with family matters & having company over. I've had my final party at home 'til August! (I hope!) I'll try & get more personal later, okay? TTFN!!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:46 AM   #65  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies,

I'm still here, just trying to get some rest after my busy weekend with the new babies, I'm still drained! BTW~ I have an update on the babies, yesterday we had to have the little runt put to sleep because she wasn't formed right and was suffering. And with all of these pregnancy hormones I was really emotional, plus I'd been spending so much time trying to get her stronger, only to find out that there was a birth defect? So, we're at 9 puppies again, and they're all doing very well!

As for me, just been watching after the pups and resting. I had become worried about my baby, because she's not been as active over the last few days, but she is still moving. I guess maybe she's just getting more restricted for room in there!?! Or should I call my DR? Like I said, she moves, just not big movements.

Spryng, I'll send you some happy going into labor thoughts, have fun! Let us know when things take off!?!

Ginny, is it just boy, or do you have those same problem getting Dd to do her work? My Ds is getting pretty lazy with his work too, and I hope it doesn't carry over to his sister when she's in school!!! Yesterday was my Ds last day of school, because he was exempt from all of his exams, because he had perfect atendance and his grade averages were all up! So, it's officially summer here now! And our DN is staying with us for a few weeks, this is the same one that started school here with Ds this year, but ended up going home, home sick. He's just visiting this time, but it's a nice treat for Ds to have someone to do things with!

Jackie, hope things calm down for you soon, we miss you!

I'm going , but I'll be back soon!
Old 05-28-2003, 07:43 PM   #66  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I survived another day..........this has to get easier, right????

Spryng- I can't help you out with any ideas for getting labor to start......of my 3 full term pregnancies- Dd (17) was 9 days early (and my ob visit just 3 days prior I was not dilated or effaced at all!)- Ds was induced 2 weeks early and Dd was a week late.......some help I am!!!!! But I do know that Ds was 8#10 oz- pretty much the same as your baby- and the ob felt it ok to induce 2 weeks early because he was getting so big....and he was all head........... But you could try walking- I know that a lot of excercise helped me with Dd (17)- and she was early. As a matter of fact 2 days prior I took a high impact aerobic class.......actually I taught the class.....but that is another story!
Good luck- I'll keep you in prayer.

Jackie- well, you know me by now (Spryng too for that matter!).
Thanks for checking in......just to let us know that you are ok, just really busy. We miss your smiling face! Hope to hear from you soon.

Melissa- sorry about that little pup , sounds so sad.....but then there are 9 others and momma to keep you hopping (as though you were not busy enough before!) As far as the Ds thing......well, lets just summarize it this way.....Dd (17) could earn a PhD locked in a closet for 4 years with no help at all.....she is a great student and self motivated. Dd (7) is not quite the student her sister is- but observes her brother bellyachin' like a mule and has been known to say (at her tender age) "why doesn't he just get his hw done now and make it easy"- and then there is Ds.......... we have tried bribery, pulling teeth, torture (we ended up being tortured, not him! ), politely asking, demanding, threatening...........the list goes on and on........and one of his best buddies- also 14- to see the look on his face each day waiting for the bus to come, you would think the kid had just been orphaned and someone stole his game cube to boot! The saddest face I ever saw........so, although I am sure there are many who react otherwise, but for me it is a gender thing.........guys just hate school. BTW, happy summer to you!!!

Well today, Dd had field day- which I was able to go to. The sun actually came out (for 4 hours before it rained again!). It was a fun day and nice to socialize with some of the other moms. Yes, I did get that walk in- and if I am a good girl and do not snack I will be within points....at 22 right now (not counting the 2 point walk).
I did not get to my meeting today (my friend told me I missed a good one) due to field day. I'll get there next week.
Gotta go. Have a great nite!!
Ginny
Old 05-30-2003, 04:04 PM   #67  

Hey! Where is everyone!!?
I am doing ok today. Very tired. I slept until 11 am and then laid back down for 1 1/2 hours at 1 pm so I'm pathetic I know But I am feeling better now. Still no labor here. Still wishing. And waiting. And hoping. And praying. I'm still taking the EPO and blue cohosh pills (I ran out of the tincture, I have to get some more on monday) and I don't know if they are working or not. I won't know unless I go into labor or my appointment on tuesday, but it will probably be at my appointment. I feel like the harder I try to start labor the less signs I have of it altogether. Even my normal braxton hicks have slowed way down. So who knows. My plug is still coming out in tiny pieces so I guess that is a positive. Hopefully something is going on in there.
Other than that nothing new happening around here. Please someone post so I have something other than this baby to talk about!! lol
Old 05-30-2003, 05:49 PM   #68  
burned out bus driver

Ok, ok, ok..........you asked for a post and the thread chatter box showed up!!!!
Sorry that I missed yesterday- and this will have to be short, as Dh is home (el crabbo mood too!) and I have to get dinner on.
Tonite is the "talent show" at school- Dd (7) and I are playing a duet- flute (me) and piano (her). I am playing only to give her some back up- a wee bit of self confidence. For a 7 year old she plays well. Last nite was the sports banquet for our oldest- who walked away with MVP and best offensive player for her team. Plus an award for her perfect game- they made a trophy out of the game ball from that. Tomorrow she plays a local rival- for the sectional finals..........I hope that she plays well (yes, and wins too!) or there will be no peace in this house.

Guess I had better go and get dinner on.......
Spryng- sorry that you are not in labor yet........but sounding so tired could be the beginning of something. I know that with all of my pgs fatigue (more than normal) was the beginning of labor.
Have a great weekend!
Ginny
Old 05-30-2003, 07:43 PM   #69  
One day at a time.

Hi there~!

I'm still hanging around too, and like Spryng, I've been very, very tired! Last night I was having lots of small contraction and some burning, that was enough to scare me into submission, I started pouring down the water, and just laid around most all evening. But once I began to feel better, Dh and I FINALLY put the baby's room together!!! It's all starting to feel so real now, and to top it off I finally made it to my third trimester!!! The baby has began performing her stunts again, which put my mind at ease. I guess that I just needed to catch up on my rest, because she seems to feel what I feel!?! The puppies are all doing fine, and getting big and fat! Today it's awfully HOT, Our high is suppose to be 97* so that give me even more incentive to rest and satay cool!

Ginny, I'm more amazed with you everyday! Playing flute on stage with your Dd playing piano, WOW, you're awsome. Have fun!!! And good luck to your oldest Dd!!!

Spryng, hang in there, it'll happen soon. I'm so excited for you, and I also have a friend in La. who's 34 weeks, and her DR. told her yesterday that she's getting close and already bumped her to weekly visits! So, the excitement of waiting on y'all will keep my mind busy and pass time more quickly for me!!!

I hope all is well with everyone, I'll check in again soon!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:40 PM   #70  

Good evening all!
I hope the talent show goes well tonight Ginny!! Have lots of fun.
Mel I hope you are feeling more rested now and those contractions have subsided. I've had braxton hicks since 22 weeks along so I know how important it is to take it easy.
Well, I have felt better this evening. I even went ahead and took the Metamucil. It didn't taste too bad at all. We'll find out tomorrow if it works to get labor started. Lets hope and pray!! I have my best friend coming to visit tomorrow from tennesee. I'm so excited. She will be here until wednesday. So tomorrow I will be cleaning house before she gets here. I was just too pooped today to mess with it. I did make a nice dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread so at least the family got fed, but that was all I did.
Well, I'm calling it a night. Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:41 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hmmn.........I thought that it was strange that no one posted for a few days! (I opened up thread #75, but no one noticed!) Here you gals were still posting over here on #74. Want to come join me on #75. (There's more room to post over there!) Hope to see yah all over there!
Closed Thread