Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 01/17/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 01/17/2013

rissimo
01-17-2013, 07:42 AM
:welcome:

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Trina M
01-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Well I am very excited for today. It is my second weigh in and my first measurement! It will be a busy day for me because I am taking my best friend to a funeral today. My friend Lives with my husband and I because he has Parkinson's and has deteriorated over the last couple of years. The funeral today is at 1 and is for a lady we met while on various Parkinson's committees. Also I have a hair appointment at 5:15 so my meal planning is tight to say the least. I weighed myself this morning and I am down but because I was weighed in the afternoon last time I believe that my results from my morning weigh in will differ a bit but I am hopefully for 3pounds. I will post my results later tonight once I am back from my hair appointment. Hope e erroneous has an awesome Thursday!

scorbett1103
01-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Good morning!!

Today is an exciting day for us - we are finally heading to the dealership to look at getting a replacement vehicle after our car broke down right before Thanksgiving. We have been so blessed that my brother & sister in law were willing to lend us their 2nd vehicle all this time. I'm not looking forward to getting into another car payment (we had just paid off our old car last February), but I'll be glad to have our own car again. Hopefully we find something good that is in our price range!

auroragrl
01-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Chloe222
01-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Scorbett,

Now is a good time to go look for a car but the closer you wait to commit to the end of the month, the better the price you'll get. Car salesmen have monthly quotas and the closer to the end of the month, the better the price to entice you to close the deal.

Know that consumer reports has a program where you pay maybe $12 or $20 and receive a report which shows the true cost per feature on the vehicle, this could be a helpful bargaining tool. Also, Costco has a car buying service, so between the two, you can be pretty sure you are getting the car at a fair price. I'm sure there are other resources to help consumers get better info on car pricing, just wanted to mention these two. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Had my WI today, down 1.4 pounds. Very happy with that. If I wasn't on IP, I certainly would be down 5+ pounds in 3 weeks, probably would be up 1 or 2...

Ali Williams
01-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Today is my 2nd WI too. Good luck to you. I will post tonight as well.

I just had the Chocolate Drink for breakfast...SO YUMMY!!!

This is one of those that I SOOOOO don't want to be at work.

Ali

ragdoll74
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Trina & Ali- good luck at your WI's.

Chloe- nice WI!

Scorbett- have fun car shopping!

mrskuby
01-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Well I am very excited for today. It is my second weigh in and my first measurement! It will be a busy day for me because I am taking my best friend to a funeral today. My friend Lives with my husband and I because he has Parkinson's and has deteriorated over the last couple of years. The funeral today is at 1 and is for a lady we met while on various Parkinson's committees. Also I have a hair appointment at 5:15 so my meal planning is tight to say the least. I weighed myself this morning and I am down but because I was weighed in the afternoon last time I believe that my results from my morning weigh in will differ a bit but I am hopefully for 3pounds. I will post my results later tonight once I am back from my hair appointment. Hope e erroneous has an awesome Thursday!

Wow, how amazing of you to take in your friend in his time of need! Good luck at your WI!!!:D

Good morning!!

Today is an exciting day for us - we are finally heading to the dealership to look at getting a replacement vehicle after our car broke down right before Thanksgiving. We have been so blessed that my brother & sister in law were willing to lend us their 2nd vehicle all this time. I'm not looking forward to getting into another car payment (we had just paid off our old car last February), but I'll be glad to have our own car again. Hopefully we find something good that is in our price range!

Have fun car shopping! :p

Scorbett,

Now is a good time to go look for a car but the closer you wait to commit to the end of the month, the better the price you'll get. Car salesmen have monthly quotas and the closer to the end of the month, the better the price to entice you to close the deal.

Know that consumer reports has a program where you pay maybe $12 or $20 and receive a report which shows the true cost per feature on the vehicle, this could be a helpful bargaining tool. Also, Costco has a car buying service, so between the two, you can be pretty sure you are getting the car at a fair price. I'm sure there are other resources to help consumers get better info on car pricing, just wanted to mention these two. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Had my WI today, down 1.4 pounds. Very happy with that. If I wasn't on IP, I certainly would be down 5+ pounds in 3 weeks, probably would be up 1 or 2...

Wow, that is great info on car pricing!

I am also down 1.4 this week! Yay!:carrot: I am so glad to be down in spite of cheating on Sat night and running out of my "space packs" on Sunday and Monday! :dizzy:

A1Texan
01-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Good Morning everyone. Just had my week 6 WI and I'm down another 4lbs. I'm celebrating by heading off to Vegas for a long weekend. IP products all packed up and since I don't drink, I don't have to worry about that. I guess I'm the designated walker. :joker:

I also changed my target weight. I lowered it by 10lbs. I thought I'd better aim a little lower to compensate for the little extra gain at the end.

Stay Strong out there..!!!:grouphug:

pocahontas812
01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
To follow-up on yesterday's discussion about lime juice.....

I saw my coach last night for my final visit (officially broke-up with him and going the alternative route). I asked him about lime and told him why I thought it should be ok (same nutritional content as lemon juice except lime has less sugars). He said no to lime juice.....and no to lemon juice! According to him the "lemon" on the phase 1 sheet under acceptable seasonings refers only to lemon zest or lemon powder (whatever that is). No fruit juice allowed, including lemon and lime juice. I told him I thought the phase 1 sheet was very ambiguous about lemon, and he of course agreed. He also said he has clarified the lemon ambiguity with some of his clients.....but not all.

Oh well, I have used lemon and lime juice occasionally since starting IP and have had good weekly losses. I will probably be a rebel and continue to use them every now and then.

scorbett1103
01-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Scorbett,

Thanks for the info - I wish we were in a position to wait till the end of the month, but a few things have come up that my BIL needs their car back sooner than later and trying to coordinate hubby's spring semester schedule and his new schedule is darn near impossible, so we need to get into a car. Fortunately the dealership we are going to is owned by close friends of my in laws, so I am not terribly worried about getting a fair price, it's just a matter of whether I find something I like :)

I saw my coach last night for my final visit (officially broke-up with him and going the alternative route). I asked him about lime and told him why I thought it should be ok (same nutritional content as lemon juice except lime has less sugars). He said no to lime juice.....and no to lemon juice! According to him the "lemon" on the phase 1 sheet under acceptable seasonings refers only to lemon zest or lemon powder (whatever that is). No fruit juice allowed, including lemon and lime juice. I told him I thought the phase 1 sheet was very ambiguous about lemon, and he of course agreed. He also said he has clarified the lemon ambiguity with some of his clients.....but not all.

Oh well, I have used lemon and lime juice occasionally since starting IP and have had good weekly losses. I will probably be a rebel and continue to use them every now and then.

I believe on the P1 sheet Lemon is listed under condiments - and if you use it in small quantities as a "seasoning" (just like garlic, which is VERY high in carbs and calories if taken in large quantities but OK in small amounts) you're fine. I believe there are several recipes in the "official" IP cookbook that include lemon AND lime juice, so I wouldn't sweat it.

benice
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
'Morning everyone! I just wanted to share a small victory...I am normal! I stepped on my scale this morning and saw 168.8...it's not my usual weigh in day and this is a big drop for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I hover back up a bit (I'm a daily weigher, so I appreciate multi-pound fluctuations happen all the time), but just seeing that number was such a huge victory for me.

Thanks to everyone here for your chatter and support. Even though I'm a lurker for the most part, I really do appreciate it and it definitely motivates me. That and the fact that I need to fit into a wedding dress that I ordered two sizes too small :)...Thanks again!

mquinn106
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi all! Very strange dream last night that has made me wonder if anyone on here has had an issue with sleepwalking?

I have had a few sleepwalking experiences and only know of them from what multiple family members have said. I had a dream last night that I was home alone and "sleptwalked" into the kitchen and started binging! Talk about a nightmare! And in my dream no one was home to assist me with getting back to bed or whatever the case may be. It gave me a chuckle when I woke up and then I started thinking about it and wondered if that could be possible...

Just curious :)

mrskuby
01-17-2013, 11:41 AM
'Morning everyone! I just wanted to share a small victory...I am normal! I stepped on my scale this morning and saw 168.8...it's not my usual weigh in day and this is a big drop for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I hover back up a bit (I'm a daily weigher, so I appreciate multi-pound fluctuations happen all the time), but just seeing that number was such a huge victory for me.

Thanks to everyone here for your chatter and support. Even though I'm a lurker for the most part, I really do appreciate it and it definitely motivates me. That and the fact that I need to fit into a wedding dress that I ordered two sizes too small :)...Thanks again!

Isn't it great to get below 170? Today was my WI and I am just barely below...but below nonetheless! My mini goal is 165 which I haven't seen in...I don't even know how long!!! I can't wait to see it!! (PS I am a daily weigher too! :o )

IdealProteinNewbie
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Good Morning everyone. Just had my week 6 WI and I'm down another 4lbs. I'm celebrating by heading off to Vegas for a long weekend. IP products all packed up and since I don't drink, I don't have to worry about that. I guess I'm the designated walker. :joker:

I also changed my target weight. I lowered it by 10lbs. I thought I'd better aim a little lower to compensate for the little extra gain at the end.

Way to go Chef!

Bellamack
01-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Good Morning,

Feeling better today, finally. Got up only once last night coughing, still lacking energy and motivation today, but that makes for a good crafting day. Got my head of Cauli out, pablanos, red pepper and head of garlic to roast for a puree, yum.

Scorbett, I know how you feel, we had to replace a car this year after not having a car payment for 4 years, ouch... lol. We actually got a better deal on a new car verses a couple year old car, we got an Accord and I really like it. Good Luck to you :)

Great WI, I am hoping next week is good for me, I should be totally over this flu ( and yes I got the flu shot) and on the 23rd I am out of the "boot" I have been inactive since the end of august with a torn tendon in my ankle and it has been a long ordeal, can't wait to resume my walking, although I doubt I will be able to go out and walk my 3 miles. I got out of shape pretty quickly.
Stay warm my Northeast buddies :)

Nolawhodatchick
01-17-2013, 12:22 PM
TRINA and ALI,
Good luck with your WIs. Let us know how it goes! :carrot:

SCORBETT-
Best of luck in finding what you want and need today with the car shopping!

TEX-
Way to go with the WI! Have fun in Vegas.

'Morning everyone! I just wanted to share a small victory...I am normal!

Uhm, excuse me please..."small victory"??? I think NOT!!! How about HUGE victory worthy of a cyber party!!!! WTG BENICE!!! :hug::bravo::cb::hat::woohoo::celebrate:

Hi all! Very strange dream last night that has made me wonder if anyone on here has had an issue with sleepwalking?

I have read in archives here that a few people has experienced "sleepwalk eating..." They said they knew from missing food, wrappers or dishes out the next morning. Do you see any of these signs? If not, probably it was just a dream. Seems food dreams are common, especially early in IP. Seriously, someone could write a book about all the IP food dreams reported here, and it would be an interesting and often entertaining book!

Way to go Chef!

heh-heh, I love this, Tex is "chef"...
Does anyone watch the foodnetwork show "chopped" where chefs get "mystery baskets" of ingredients and must make a meal course? I would LOVE to see a chopped using IP packets and with the requirement that all dishes be on protocol. Some of the folks here would kick b*tt in that competition!! Though I think I'd have to put my money on RAINBOW :D

Good Morning,

Feeling better today, finally.

BELLA-glad you are feeling better. Take it easy and keep getting well.:hug:

OK guys, I'm sitting here in my size 10 pants and Med. shirt. First time I've worn these sizes since I started IP. They are a bit tight, so at first I wasn't going to wear them today. Then I realized they are no tighter than the size 18 pants and XL shirts I was wearing when I started IP! Plus, they make me feel happy...and motivated to stay OP! :D

jeffiner
01-17-2013, 12:26 PM
I went for my very first WI last night and was very disapointed with only aa 2 lb loss. The first week being as hard aas it is i was really expecting more..but this morning i got upand took a good look at my journal( which i forgotto bring lst night). It turns out i have been eating two restricted meals per day, so I took. Red permanent marker and wrote. Big R onthe wrapper of eachrestricted food. Hopefully next. Week will be. Bigger loss

Bellamack
01-17-2013, 12:37 PM
jeffiner,

that is a common mistake, good thing you went back through your journal and saw what you were doing.

and......2 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! Good Luck :)

IdealProteinNewbie
01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
OK guys, I'm sitting here in my size 10 pants and Med. shirt. First time I've worn these sizes since I started IP. They are a bit tight, so at first I wasn't going to wear them today. Then I realized they are no tighter than the size 18 pants and XL shirts I was wearing when I started IP! Plus, they make me feel happy...and motivated to stay OP! :D

Way to go!!! How are you feeling? I read of your struggles and am wondering if the Aternative Protocol is working for you?

mrskuby
01-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Nola, I love Chopped!! I think Lizrr would give Rainbow a run for her money! LOL

Reading about the dreams made me realize how well I've been sleeping since starting the IP protocol. I had a sleep study done last year which showed that while I had mild sleep apnea, my real issue was that I was "almost" waking up about 20 times an hour. The DR had no explanation for it but now that I am doing this program, I am sleeping soundly through the night (other than one pee break, lol). I'm thinking that the carbs or sugar or something might have been the cause of my issues. I will have to pay close attention to that when I begin to phase off...

kileymed13
01-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Good morning!!

Good luck with the car shopping. I love buying cars but hate the payments :D.

Have a great time in Vegas!!! Designated walker...love it.

Congrats!! Seeing a number you did not expect is great. I was a lurker for a while when I started. I now post in spurts but find if I visit daily I do much better staying 100% OP.

I am just back from a 2 mile walk with a friend. It felt so great to be outside walking (on a sunny 40 degree day) and chatting. Halfway through we both realized that we were chugging along and neither of us was puffing for air. Such a great feeling. I remember when I dreaded having a meeting across campus because I would have to walk there...now I don't mind at all. I hope those with WIs today do well.

usmcvet
01-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone. Just checking in. I'm feeling a whoosh coming on, my watch band and my pants are feeling loose! Hope you're all having a great day.

rofl306
01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Good morning!!

Good luck on finding something you like. Last year I replaced my vehicle. I thought the salesman was going to die when I finally picked the same colour and style/brand that I previously had. He said "but nobody will know you have a new vehicle". I didn't care. I just wanted something that wasn't wore out. Apparently, they must have made a good vehicle if they made very few changes over an eight year period. I love my vehicle but I do drive the wheels off them.

Desafinado
01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm having the tomato and basil soup with okra today and it's not as bad as it was the other day with the broccoli.

Desafinado
01-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I should add that it's not that great either and I won't do this again. LOL

amberjules
01-17-2013, 01:52 PM

A1Texan have fun in Vegas and it sounds like you've planned all of your meals for a successful vacation. Great week on the weight loss too! Be safe since you are the designated walker. :smug:

I have had a few sleepwalking experiences and only know of them from what multiple family members have said. I had a dream last night that I was home alone and "sleptwalked" into the kitchen and started binging! Talk about a nightmare! And in my dream no one was home to assist me with getting back to bed or whatever the case may be. It gave me a chuckle when I woke up and then I started thinking about it and wondered if that could be possible...

Just curious :)

OMG I've had dreams of binging as well and that is called a NIGHTMARE! I woke up all upset and panicked and thought now I can't say I've been 100% OP. Thankfully it wasn't true, but is scared me. It does however make me think more clearly about times when illegal foods are presented to me and I have a much better chance of pushing those foods away for fear of that "feeling" of disappointing myself once again and failing. I don't want that anymore. I want to succeed and reach my goals. That feels empowering.

lisa32989
01-17-2013, 01:54 PM

It is a condiment! My coach allows lemon or lime water. Actually, I think a clinic made a PDF newsletter about it. I'll need to look for it. Rainbow was posting those pdf newsletters for a while.
BUT...lemon or lime powder: use True Lemon (or lime or orange). My store sells it by the lemon juice but some stores sell it in the baking section.

I'm having the tomato and basil soup with okra today and it's not as bad as it was the other day with the broccoli.
Today I made savory muffins from a chicken soup packet (same recipe as other muffins, etc: egg whites, baking powder). I added some veggie puree & garlic. When they came out of the oven, they gave the faint hint of a pizza-like smell and it got me thinking that a "pizza muffin" could be made with the tomato basil soup, adding mushrooms & bell peppers and oregano!

I won't try it b/c I'm not buying anymore soups. I've cut out soy protein after a recent thyroid test. I'm only buying IP whey protein products now and I'm also looking to get some casein and egg white protein powders. I just have a few more packets with soy protein to use up before I'm completely done with it.

amberjules
01-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I have to say that I'm laughing at myself. I wanted to put all of my mini goals in my signature line, but I'm thinking it looks like I just threw up all over the page! :)

Good news is that I am only 1.8 lbs from reaching my first mini goal of losing 10% of my body weight! That feels exciting and keeps me thinking that I can, for once in my life, reach goal.

It's been relatively easy with Ideal Protein. I have my moments when I see other people eating foods that I can't, but now that I've lost 24 lbs I feel so much stronger and hopeful for the future.

I'm also for thankful for everyone on here, for the support, encouragement, and knowing that we are all in this together.

whytokay
01-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Hey IPeeps! Weighed in this morning 5 lbs down! I'm super shocked seeing as it was TOM and I've been fighting a bad cold that's left me home from work.

I'm going to do some searching in the threads now, but if anybody has some recipes either from memory or a book or a link, I'm looking to see what I can do with vanilla shakes. I really like making the pudding cakes and I'm wondering if it can be done with the shakes instead of pudding.

Liddybean
01-17-2013, 03:46 PM

LOL!

I had my first WI - and I'm down 6 lbs. Yay! I've also been dealing with a low level stomach virus or something for a few days. Mild to medium nausea and stomach cramps and generally feeling miserable. I can't wait for better days. I started very very mildly working out. light weight lifting for 10 minutes and yoga for stress relief. I did it once and I've been sick every since. :( isn't that always the way it goes when you're trying to start a routine. I'm intrigued by the sound of these muffins you speak of and I'm going in search of an IP friendly recipe.

Have a great day everyone.

jmuroff1
01-17-2013, 04:01 PM
just finished a yummy lunch of steamed shrimp, green peppers, and onions :) it's ok of the onions are steamed right? looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow!

Suzali
01-17-2013, 04:08 PM
As I read through all of these posts, I'm reminded why the IP Daily Chat is the first thread I read throug each day. You all are so inspiring! Thank you!

Nolawhodatchick
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Way to go!!! How are you feeling? I read of your struggles and am wondering if the Aternative Protocol is working for you?

Hi (not so!) Newbie-

It's so sweet of you to ask! :hug: I think I'm doing much better, tho it's still early to say. I've been getting up at 6 am, staying up til 11 pm, and not feeling like a zombie in between. I wasn't able to do that before the switch. I'm only doing 1/2 fruit and 1 dairy (at separate meals)...easing myself into the change to see how it goes. I've learned a lesson, listen to your body!

Nola, I love Chopped!! I think Lizrr would give Rainbow a run for her money! LOL

Reading about the dreams made me realize how well I've been sleeping since starting the IP protocol. I had a sleep study done last year which showed that while I had mild sleep apnea, my real issue was that I was "almost" waking up about 20 times an hour. The DR had no explanation for it but now that I am doing this program, I am sleeping soundly through the night (other than one pee break, lol). I'm thinking that the carbs or sugar or something might have been the cause of my issues. I will have to pay close attention to that when I begin to phase off...

Ah, yes, Mrs. Kuby, Liz would give a run for the money! I wouldn't bet on that competition. Add TEX in, and just need one more for CHOPPED (IP edition)! Glad you are sleeping so well!

Hey everyone. Just checking in. I'm feeling a whoosh coming on, my watch band and my pants are feeling loose! Hope you're all having a great day.

Hi Vet-I hope it comes true and you "whoosh!" Fingers crossed for ya!

Good news is that I am only 1.8 lbs from reaching my first mini goal of losing 10% of my body weight! That feels exciting and keeps me thinking that I can, for once in my life, reach goal.

Hey IPeeps! Weighed in this morning 5 lbs down!

I had my first WI - and I'm down 6 lbs. Yay!

Amberjules, whytokay & Liddybean,

Congrats on your successes! Way to go!!:carrot::cb::broc:

I went for my very first WI last night and was very disapointed with only aa 2 lb loss.

jeffiner-hang in there, big losses are on the way!!!

amberjules
01-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Hey IPeeps! Weighed in this morning 5 lbs down! I'm super shocked seeing as it was TOM and I've been fighting a bad cold that's left me home from work.

I'm going to do some searching in the threads now, but if anybody has some recipes either from memory or a book or a link, I'm looking to see what I can do with vanilla shakes. I really like making the pudding cakes and I'm wondering if it can be done with the shakes instead of pudding.

I use the drinks to make cookies which you mix with the IP cereal. You have to first crush the cereal and then mix with your shake mix and add egg whites, vanilla, salt, whatever spices you want, and a bit of stevia or splenda. I made a chocolate zucchini cookie using this method: http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/ideal-protein-recipes/ideal-protein-chocolate-zucchini-cookies-recipe/

You could use Vanilla instead. If you don't want to put zucchini in it, then take out the zucchini and sub with 2 oz of water. It's the same exact recipe. You could make a really nice spice cookie out of the vanilla shake and pumpkin spice. YUM!

Chloe222
01-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Chloe- nice WI!

Thanks Ragdoll!

I am also down 1.4 this week! Yay!:carrot: I am so glad to be down in spite of cheating on Sat night and running out of my "space packs" on Sunday and Monday! :dizzy:

Congrats on your loss also!

Fabulous loss! Have in Vegas!

Isn't it great to get below 170? Today was my WI and I am just barely below...but below nonetheless! My mini goal is 165 which I haven't seen in...I don't even know how long!!! I can't wait to see it!! (PS I am a daily weigher too! :o )

It absolutely counts!! Congrats on getting to the 160's!

Another stellar loss! Keep up the good work! You'll be slender in no time!

LOL!

I had my first WI - and I'm down 6 lbs. Yay! I've also been dealing with a low level stomach virus or something for a few days. Mild to medium nausea and stomach cramps and generally feeling miserable. I can't wait for better days. I started very very mildly working out. light weight lifting for 10 minutes and yoga for stress relief. I did it once and I've been sick every since. :( isn't that always the way it goes when you're trying to start a routine. I'm intrigued by the sound of these muffins you speak of and I'm going in search of an IP friendly recipe.

Have a great day everyone.

I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable but at least you have that amazing 6 lb loss!

Katkat
01-17-2013, 05:38 PM
4th day on IP and first day on IP while working. Feeling pretty good. Although I did go longer than 4hrs between breakfast and lunch. But ate the second I could. Think it ended up being 5hrs. Just reading posts on my phone (not too easy to do lol)while I am on break. So just wanted to check in and say hi and that I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!

Kat

meilach
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM
A1Texan have fun in Vegas and it sounds like you've planned all of your meals for a successful vacation. Great week on the weight loss too! Be safe since you are the designated walker. :smug:

OMG I've had dreams of binging as well and that is called a NIGHTMARE! I woke up all upset and panicked and thought now I can't say I've been 100% OP. Thankfully it wasn't true, but is scared me. It does however make me think more clearly about times when illegal foods are presented to me and I have a much better chance of pushing those foods away for fear of that "feeling" of disappointing myself once again and failing. I don't want that anymore. I want to succeed and reach my goals. That feels empowering.

It's been happening to me too, I thought I was the only one!! I had a dream last night that I was at a picnic and was literally eating everything in sight!! I had no idea what I was eating but I kept eating! I think at one point I was eating a ball of deep friend mashed potatoes I don't even know if that's a thing people it lol then I woke up this morning thinking "****, my weigh in is going to be awful tomorrow" then I realized it was a dream lol I hope this doesn't keep happening because it's making my cravings unbearable.

NinjaNurse
01-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Good afternoon all!! WI today. 2lbs gone. It was what I was anticipating but I was hoping I was wrong. But, it was a difficult week with TOM and work being ****. I thought I would lose more because I barely had time to sit at work and surely clocked in a couple of miles running around like a crazy person. BUT it was also harder for me to eat properly. My boobs continue to shrink, another inch, but 1/2 inch off my waist. I really want to be 20lbs lighter before our trip. Still, it is still nice to be in the 220's, haven't seen that or lower in YEARS!!
I keep adding my current weight to starter wgt, it's almost 42lbs. They can't add at my clinic.

I contacted the IP program in UK and found out it doesn't officially start until Summer 2013. They are also looking for people to run the clinics so I emailed them back to learn more. We have talked about moving to Ireland and who knows what this could bring.

Pocahontas812 I use lots of garlic in cooking and a bit of fresh lime juice in my water no probs. As a matter of fact, I could have sworn I read lime was better for you than lemon on some IP material I read.
TrinaM You are a wonderful friend! (((hugs)))
Scorbett Stay away from Rte 6.
A1Texan Have fun in Vegas!!
NolawhoatchickCongrats!!!

I would love to see Rainbow on Chopped.

Irene87
01-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Today was my first day of the program.
So far so good. My sister made chocolate pudding my fav but I had my go shake instead. Hope it's as easy tomorrow.:carrot:

auroragrl
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
I went for my very first WI last night and was very disapointed with only aa 2 lb loss. The first week being as hard aas it is i was really expecting more..but this morning i got upand took a good look at my journal( which i forgotto bring lst night). It turns out i have been eating two restricted meals per day, so I took. Red permanent marker and wrote. Big R onthe wrapper of eachrestricted food. Hopefully next. Week will be. Bigger loss

Hang in there! Be sure you are drinking all your water and doing the olive oil.

We need a picture!!;)

LOL - I don't care for any of the soups.

Ali Williams
01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Today was my first day of the program.
So far so good. My sister made chocolate pudding my fav but I had my go shake instead. Hope it's as easy tomorrow.:carrot:

You can do it, Irene! I am pretty new, too (today marks the end of my 2nd week) and I felt the same way when I started. It was almost like I was waiting for it to get so bad that I couldn't do it but it really wasn't that bad and by day 4 I felt great. I have no doubt that it is unbearable for some but I think others get lucky. I am kind of grateful for the warnings about the first 3 days because it made me imagine the worst. Sometimes that makes the experience good simply by comparison considering nothing is ever quite as bad as our own imagination.

Hang in there and get to day 4 because that really does feel great. Like with anything worth doing, you will have good and bad moments so when I feel a bit challenged, I read this message board and I know I am going to make it.

I just had my 2nd WI. Down 2 lbs. My first weigh in had me down 6 lbs so it wasn't thrilling but I have decided not to get too freaked out about the number as long as the progress is there and according to my coach I actually lost more fat and inches this week than my 1st so it's all good.

Cheers,

Ali

rofl306
01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
I use the drinks to make cookies which you mix with the IP cereal. You have to first crush the cereal and then mix with your shake mix and add egg whites, vanilla, salt, whatever spices you want, and a bit of stevia or splenda. I made a chocolate zucchini cookie using this method: http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/ideal-protein-recipes/ideal-protein-chocolate-zucchini-cookies-recipe/

You could use Vanilla instead. If you don't want to put zucchini in it, then take out the zucchini and sub with 2 oz of water. It's the same exact recipe. You could make a really nice spice cookie out of the vanilla shake and pumpkin spice. YUM!

What great timing you have! I was going to travel and know it can get veggie challenging so these cookies may do just the trick. Have you made them very far ahead of using them? I need them to last about 5 days. And by the way what a fabulous presentation of your recipes. :bravo:

virnsky
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Hi,

I just finished my first week of IP and did my first weigh in today. I lost 3 lbs. Not too happy about it but I guess it's a good result considering that I had a "cheat day" in the middle of the week. I will try and be more compliant this week and hopefully see better results.

Irene87
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM
You can do it, Irene! I am pretty new, too (today marks the end of my 2nd week) and I felt the same way when I started. It was almost like I was waiting for it to get so bad that I couldn't do it but it really wasn't that bad and by day 4 I felt great. I have no doubt that it is unbearable for some but I think others get lucky. I am kind of grateful for the warnings about the first 3 days because it made me imagine the worst. Sometimes that makes the experience good simply by comparison considering nothing is ever quite as bad as our own imagination.

Hang in there and get to day 4 because that really does feel great. Like with anything worth doing, you will have good and bad moments so when I feel a bit challenged, I read this message board and I know I am going to make it.

I just had my 2nd WI. Down 2 lbs. My first weigh in had me down 6 lbs so it wasn't thrilling but I have decided not to get too freaked out about the number as long as the progress is there and according to my coach I actually lost more fat and inches this week than my 1st so it's all good.

Cheers,

Ali
Thanks so much Ali!!
I'm looking forward to my first weight in :)
I hope this works.

scorbett1103
01-17-2013, 09:59 PM

Way to go!!! I am 0.2 points away from "normal" BMI, so close I can taste it. You are going to rock that wedding dress!

That's a great NSV :)

Hope the WHOOSH fairy visits soon! Maybe if you bake some cookies... :devil:

Hi,

I just finished my first week of IP and did my first weigh in today. I lost 3 lbs. Not too happy about it but I guess it's a good result considering that I had a "cheat day" in the middle of the week. I will try and be more compliant this week and hopefully see better results.

The good news is, you know what went wrong. Cheat days are for maintenance, not Phase 1, so start fresh tomorrow and commit your mind to staying 100% on plan the next 24 hours. The next morning, commit to another 24 hours. Before you know it you'll be sailing into your next WI :)

scorbett1103
01-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Sorry for the long quoting post, it's been a busy day!

I signed papers on a new car today! We're getting a brand new 2013 Toyota Corolla, I decided to go with a lease because Toyota has a great buyout program at the end of your lease and I plan on keeping this until it falls apart. We've been driving my BIL's Corolla around since our car broke down, and I've loved it. The best part is, our monthly payment is FOUR DOLLARS more per month than my last car payment, and that was on an older used car with moderately high mileage. So for basically the same monthly payment, I get a brand new car :) And I'm picking it up Saturday, on my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! (and Mother's Day, Christmas, and the next four or five holidays!)

StarSeeker
01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Just have to make a comment. Tonight while watching TV I glanced at my husband who is also doing IP. Today is day 11 for us. I noticed his face seems thinner than it was this am and his nose is narrower! When I pointed it out he said "Ya right! You're just making things up now!" LOL! But seriously, just since this am, I can tell he has lost more weight. Can't wait for our WI on Monday!

Ali Williams
01-17-2013, 10:28 PM

I signed papers on a new car today! We're getting a brand new 2013 Toyota Corolla,

Congrats!! I just bought a red Toyota Prius in November and it's the BEST! There is just something about a new car that makes you feel giddy. Enjoy!

Turn up the music and drive,

Ali

bubbleblower
01-17-2013, 10:43 PM

I signed papers on a new car today! We're getting a brand new 2013 Toyota Corolla, I decided to go with a lease because Toyota has a great buyout program at the end of your lease and I plan on keeping this until it falls apart. We've been driving my BIL's Corolla around since our car broke down, and I've loved it. The best part is, our monthly payment is FOUR DOLLARS more per month than my last car payment, and that was on an older used car with moderately high mileage. So for basically the same monthly payment, I get a brand new car :) And I'm picking it up Saturday, on my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! (and Mother's Day, Christmas, and the next four or five holidays!)

Congrats on the new car! Nice way to spend your birthday, taking it to it's new home!

bubbleblower
01-17-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm just finally starting to catch up on all the days news ...

A1Texan: Nice job! I can see you're going to be difficult to keep up with now!!

And interesting discussion re: lemons and limes. My coach said lemons were fine, but absolutely no limes (which I thought was pretty odd ...)

1LittleStar
01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Good evening!

Had my week 8 weigh in and lost 2.2 lbs, for a total of 38 lbs. I am so happy with this diet. It's not always easy, but it sure is worth it. I have been 100% OP since Christmas Day, which was the only day that I wasn't 100% since beginning. This is the first diet on which I have lost more than 20lbs before quitting.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

I am gearing up for a weekend at the skating arena for competitions, and then the following weekend out of town for more skating! I'm glad that I know exactly what to do to remain 100% OP!

LizRR
01-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Hey IPeeps - trying to catch up on all of the updates...hope everyone has a great night...I am about to catch some Zzzs...I have a 6am Bodypump class and have been taking the past 2 days off.

Trina M
01-17-2013, 11:56 PM
I would like to thank everyone for the positive feedback. I had my 2nd WI today and lost 4.4 lbs and am down 11 inches!!!! I celebrated with the jello dessert lol. I bought the IP cookbook when I joined and noticed that a couple recipes had sesame oil in it. I have used this oil several times and my councelor at my first weigh in said that it isn't allowed. When I told her it was in the book she called to verify if it was allowed and it is. It adds a different flavour to food to get a bit of variety. Also, she mentioned to me today that she had a client that was eating lots of peppers and was only losing 1 lb a week so suggested that she limit it. Just wanted to share that information.

I usually struggle on weekends trying to get my water intake. Any suggestions?

Katkat
01-18-2013, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=bubbleblower;
And interesting discussion re: lemons and limes. My coach said lemons were fine, but absolutely no limes (which I thought was pretty odd ...)[/QUOTE]

Darn. Keep getting conflicting answers on the lime. I am going to need to ask my coach Monday for a bit more specifics on why no lime.

rnincharge
01-18-2013, 12:50 AM
I spent today at the sr beta convention. I brought my ip foods and packed my own lunch. However, concessions there consisted of piazza, cookies, nachos, and fried chicken. And there was a lot of sitting and boredom. I held out and enjoyed a steak and salad for my meal tonight. It was tough to see those foods, be bored, and resist snacking on foods that I cannot have!:dizzy:

amberjules
01-18-2013, 03:16 AM
What great timing you have! I was going to travel and know it can get veggie challenging so these cookies may do just the trick. Have you made them very far ahead of using them? I need them to last about 5 days. And by the way what a fabulous presentation of your recipes. :bravo:

I have made these cookies in advance and I keep them in the fridge until I'm ready to eat and then heat it up in the microwave just a bit. The other day I even but on a bit of the WF Carmel sauce and sprinkled with sea salt to mimic Fran's chocolate caramels with grey sea salt. Can I just tell you how fabulous it was!

I bet the cookies would last outside of the fridge for at least 3-4 days like a zucchini bread would.

Let me know how it works out for you. The wonderful thing is that you get your veggies in plus its unrestricted!

kileymed13
01-18-2013, 08:27 AM

Congrats!!! I love new cars. Such a great birthday present. My favorite thing is the new car smell. What color did you get? I think if I am ever rich I will buy a new car once a year!

Ali Williams
01-18-2013, 10:43 AM
I had my 2nd WI today and lost 4.4 lbs and am down 11 inches!!!! I celebrated with the jello dessert lol. I bought the IP cookbook when I joined and noticed that a couple recipes had sesame oil in it. I have used this oil several times and my councelor at my first weigh in said that it isn't allowed. When I told her it was in the book she called to verify if it was allowed and it is. It adds a different flavour to food to get a bit of variety. Also, she mentioned to me today that she had a client that was eating lots of peppers and was only losing 1 lb a week so suggested that she limit it. Just wanted to share that information.

I usually struggle on weekends trying to get my water intake. Any suggestions?

I like a lemon or lime and some fresh mint. It's really good.

Very good info on the seasame seed oil because I actually do use it so that would suck to find out it's bad AND also about the peppers. I eat a lot of red, yellow and orange peppers so I may slow that down.

Great WI! That's great.

Ali

Debrasb
01-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Great news to share today from official WI: down 2.2, which means I have crossed the 50 pound mark -- 52 lbs lost total so far! I love it when that second number changes. Less than 30 pounds left now, I can do it!!

lisa32989
01-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Please move the conversation to Friday's daily chat.
Thanks.
I'm trying to get this thread locked.