Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #46  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
'Morning everyone! I just wanted to share a small victory...I am normal! I stepped on my scale this morning and saw 168.8...it's not my usual weigh in day and this is a big drop for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I hover back up a bit (I'm a daily weigher, so I appreciate multi-pound fluctuations happen all the time), but just seeing that number was such a huge victory for me.

Thanks to everyone here for your chatter and support. Even though I'm a lurker for the most part, I really do appreciate it and it definitely motivates me. That and the fact that I need to fit into a wedding dress that I ordered two sizes too small ...Thanks again!
Way to go!!! I am 0.2 points away from "normal" BMI, so close I can taste it. You are going to rock that wedding dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
OK guys, I'm sitting here in my size 10 pants and Med. shirt. First time I've worn these sizes since I started IP. They are a bit tight, so at first I wasn't going to wear them today. Then I realized they are no tighter than the size 18 pants and XL shirts I was wearing when I started IP! Plus, they make me feel happy...and motivated to stay OP!
That's a great NSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hey everyone. Just checking in. I'm feeling a whoosh coming on, my watch band and my pants are feeling loose! Hope you're all having a great day.
Hope the WHOOSH fairy visits soon! Maybe if you bake some cookies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by virnsky View Post
Hi,

I just finished my first week of IP and did my first weigh in today. I lost 3 lbs. Not too happy about it but I guess it's a good result considering that I had a "cheat day" in the middle of the week. I will try and be more compliant this week and hopefully see better results.
The good news is, you know what went wrong. Cheat days are for maintenance, not Phase 1, so start fresh tomorrow and commit your mind to staying 100% on plan the next 24 hours. The next morning, commit to another 24 hours. Before you know it you'll be sailing into your next WI
Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #47  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Sorry for the long quoting post, it's been a busy day!

I signed papers on a new car today! We're getting a brand new 2013 Toyota Corolla, I decided to go with a lease because Toyota has a great buyout program at the end of your lease and I plan on keeping this until it falls apart. We've been driving my BIL's Corolla around since our car broke down, and I've loved it. The best part is, our monthly payment is FOUR DOLLARS more per month than my last car payment, and that was on an older used car with moderately high mileage. So for basically the same monthly payment, I get a brand new car And I'm picking it up Saturday, on my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! (and Mother's Day, Christmas, and the next four or five holidays!)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 149.2/145.2/125. -5 inches

Height: 5' 3"

Just have to make a comment. Tonight while watching TV I glanced at my husband who is also doing IP. Today is day 11 for us. I noticed his face seems thinner than it was this am and his nose is narrower! When I pointed it out he said "Ya right! You're just making things up now!" LOL! But seriously, just since this am, I can tell he has lost more weight. Can't wait for our WI on Monday!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #49  
Started IP on 1/3/13

S/C/G: 194/171/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

I signed papers on a new car today! We're getting a brand new 2013 Toyota Corolla,
Congrats!! I just bought a red Toyota Prius in November and it's the BEST! There is just something about a new car that makes you feel giddy. Enjoy!

Turn up the music and drive,

Ali
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #50  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

I signed papers on a new car today! We're getting a brand new 2013 Toyota Corolla, I decided to go with a lease because Toyota has a great buyout program at the end of your lease and I plan on keeping this until it falls apart. We've been driving my BIL's Corolla around since our car broke down, and I've loved it. The best part is, our monthly payment is FOUR DOLLARS more per month than my last car payment, and that was on an older used car with moderately high mileage. So for basically the same monthly payment, I get a brand new car And I'm picking it up Saturday, on my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! (and Mother's Day, Christmas, and the next four or five holidays!)
Congrats on the new car! Nice way to spend your birthday, taking it to it's new home!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #51  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

I'm just finally starting to catch up on all the days news ...

A1Texan: Nice job! I can see you're going to be difficult to keep up with now!!

And interesting discussion re: lemons and limes. My coach said lemons were fine, but absolutely no limes (which I thought was pretty odd ...)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good evening!

Had my week 8 weigh in and lost 2.2 lbs, for a total of 38 lbs. I am so happy with this diet. It's not always easy, but it sure is worth it. I have been 100% OP since Christmas Day, which was the only day that I wasn't 100% since beginning. This is the first diet on which I have lost more than 20lbs before quitting.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

I am gearing up for a weekend at the skating arena for competitions, and then the following weekend out of town for more skating! I'm glad that I know exactly what to do to remain 100% OP!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #53  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hey IPeeps - trying to catch up on all of the updates...hope everyone has a great night...I am about to catch some Zzzs...I have a 6am Bodypump class and have been taking the past 2 days off.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #54  

I would like to thank everyone for the positive feedback. I had my 2nd WI today and lost 4.4 lbs and am down 11 inches!!!! I celebrated with the jello dessert lol. I bought the IP cookbook when I joined and noticed that a couple recipes had sesame oil in it. I have used this oil several times and my councelor at my first weigh in said that it isn't allowed. When I told her it was in the book she called to verify if it was allowed and it is. It adds a different flavour to food to get a bit of variety. Also, she mentioned to me today that she had a client that was eating lots of peppers and was only losing 1 lb a week so suggested that she limit it. Just wanted to share that information.

I usually struggle on weekends trying to get my water intake. Any suggestions?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #55  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=bubbleblower;
And interesting discussion re: lemons and limes. My coach said lemons were fine, but absolutely no limes (which I thought was pretty odd ...)[/QUOTE]

Darn. Keep getting conflicting answers on the lime. I am going to need to ask my coach Monday for a bit more specifics on why no lime.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #56  
rnincharge

S/C/G: 278/182/178

Default surrounded by junk food

I spent today at the sr beta convention. I brought my ip foods and packed my own lunch. However, concessions there consisted of piazza, cookies, nachos, and fried chicken. And there was a lot of sitting and boredom. I held out and enjoyed a steak and salad for my meal tonight. It was tough to see those foods, be bored, and resist snacking on foods that I cannot have!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #57  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
What great timing you have! I was going to travel and know it can get veggie challenging so these cookies may do just the trick. Have you made them very far ahead of using them? I need them to last about 5 days. And by the way what a fabulous presentation of your recipes.
I have made these cookies in advance and I keep them in the fridge until I'm ready to eat and then heat it up in the microwave just a bit. The other day I even but on a bit of the WF Carmel sauce and sprinkled with sea salt to mimic Fran's chocolate caramels with grey sea salt. Can I just tell you how fabulous it was!

I bet the cookies would last outside of the fridge for at least 3-4 days like a zucchini bread would.

Let me know how it works out for you. The wonderful thing is that you get your veggies in plus its unrestricted!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:

Congrats!!! I love new cars. Such a great birthday present. My favorite thing is the new car smell. What color did you get? I think if I am ever rich I will buy a new car once a year!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #59  
Started IP on 1/3/13

S/C/G: 194/171/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina M View Post
I had my 2nd WI today and lost 4.4 lbs and am down 11 inches!!!! I celebrated with the jello dessert lol. I bought the IP cookbook when I joined and noticed that a couple recipes had sesame oil in it. I have used this oil several times and my councelor at my first weigh in said that it isn't allowed. When I told her it was in the book she called to verify if it was allowed and it is. It adds a different flavour to food to get a bit of variety. Also, she mentioned to me today that she had a client that was eating lots of peppers and was only losing 1 lb a week so suggested that she limit it. Just wanted to share that information.

I usually struggle on weekends trying to get my water intake. Any suggestions?
I like a lemon or lime and some fresh mint. It's really good.

Very good info on the seasame seed oil because I actually do use it so that would suck to find out it's bad AND also about the peppers. I eat a lot of red, yellow and orange peppers so I may slow that down.

Great WI! That's great.

Ali
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Great news to share today from official WI: down 2.2, which means I have crossed the 50 pound mark -- 52 lbs lost total so far! I love it when that second number changes. Less than 30 pounds left now, I can do it!!
Closed Thread