Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/298/250

Height: 5'3

Default sad and not movitated and more sad

over the holidays I went crazy and didn't work out at all which wasn't too bad because I had planned to get back to my regular routine on the 1st then my grandma passed on Sunday which was the third big loss of 2012 and that's really just ruined me and has given me no motivation to get back on track like I had planned. :/ but I think that getting to my usual healthy routine might make me feel less depressed so I'm going to try and start again tomorrow. So yeah, idk I could just use some good thought passed my way.
VaVaVoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #2  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

happy thoughts.

An idea, Why not start back small? One small change might help you feel better. I know what you mean about the sad and no motivation :\ If your water slipped try drinking more water first, or switching a sweet for fruit, etc. Start small and work back in to it. Losing weight with so many obstacles can be hard but you can do it
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #3  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry you lost your grandmother...I lost mine in January so I know how hard that is.

Motivation has never helped me stick to a diet. It's great in the beginning but there's always that one day when I don't feel like being bothered. I make a commitment every morning to take care of myself and to make healthy choices...whether I feel like it or not. Motivation comes and goes but if I say I'm going to do something, I do it.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #4  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you the best of luck xo
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/298/250

Height: 5'3

Thanks everybody!
I've gotten more than back to my regular, I'm doing better than before. I'm still in emotional distress but whenever I work out or make a healthy meal it instantly picks my mood up.

and ChickieBoom I totally see what you're saying and I love it. We don't need motivation 100% of the time alls we need is that commitment.
VaVaVoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 200/150/100

Height: 155cm

Hi I’m really sorry about your grandmother.. I know how it feels…anyway this year we seriously need to lose this weight thing.Good luck on your journey. I know we can do it
r4ch3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

So sorry about your loss, and glad you have been able to start back into your plan.

I agree with ChickieBoom... motivation does not work. It is highly overrated; everyone wants motivation, but it is very fickle and leaves us high and dry. For me it has to be a decision I make and a commitment I choose to follow whether or not I feel motivated.

Hang in there... you can do this.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:33 AM   #8  

Be more positive in your choices and actions. Believe in yourself and in the powers that be. In every dark cloud there is always a positive thought that will clear away the clouds and see the butterflies in the trees and the rainbow that leads to the light of Spirit.
Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier and give you my condolences on the loss of your grandmother! but I am so glad you said that you are 'back' and even more focused, that is great
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/191.6/165

Height: 5'6"

Wow I find the whole concept of motivation not being what you need really profound. How often have I just let myself wallow in my bad habits because I lacked "motivation"? How many things and responsibilities do I fulfill day in and day out not because of some magical motivation but because I take my commitments to others seriously? Eating right and exercising is mostly a grinding, steady day after day thing...NOT a Rocky running up the steps Hollywood thing. Thanks for sharing ChickieBoom!
deepbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 AM   #11  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

"How many things and responsibilities do I fulfill day in and day out not because of some magical motivation but because I take my commitments to others seriously?"

Yep...and how often do we fail to take our commitments to ourselves LESS seriously. I see people who put themselves first and I am amazed. I have been exercising so much better since I joined a sports team, because I don't want to let THEM down. How sad is that??? But hey, at least I'm making it work for me.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #12  

For me, a combination of psychotherapy and anti-depressants has given me considerable relief. Although I still experience difficult times.
marcwell is offline   Reply With Quote