Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Hgamroth- I'm with ya! I think we entered maintenance around the same time. The holidays were kind of tough. We can do this! I'm on my second day...and stayed on plan. However, it was tough because I see other food around, & I think "I could just wait until after the 1st!". Bad thinking... It's just food.
I am so ready to be in ketosis again! The carbs made me bloated and lazy. I also had my mother in law here to do all of my laundry, clean and generally stress me out. I still have a lot to learn! I struggled with picking a goal weight initially. I have NEVER been in the 150s so I originally felt that weight was good. Now that I am running, I want to be smaller especially in my lower belly so I have decided to lower my goal weight for that reason. I enjoy reading your posts and am learning from you! We CAN do this!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Smile

Good morning I peeps!
Seems like a few of us in the 12 lb club (sunny and pat,) can I join? But all of us here are in it together, no matter the number. The beauty is that we KNOW this can work, when compared to the uncertainty and doubt that I know I felt when I first joined this pricey endeavor, makes me fee assured.

healthyangie - Welcome back. I'm curious, not trying to offend but just wondering... why not try alternatives? I know the IP products are great, but so many have found so much more variety and better prices with alternatives. Will you be mixing at all or sticking strictly to IP products? Also, will you and hubby be using a coach, or will you be monitoring at home?
Delgen - did you hit ketosis yet? I don't think I have fully yet. I was hit with a weird stomach bug Friday into Saturday.... and I'm still trying to get to 100% protocol. (My tummy couldn't handle veggies, or anything more than tea yesterday.)
Chloe and momto2cs - how nice to touch base with you both again... I feel like I'm home with so many familiar names!
Bella - I'm with you in the snow. Hubby wants to go snowshoeing today... oh boy!
fit girl - impressive loss! Welcome!
hmamroth - welcome! I know that the holidays are tough. I had decided to recommit in October, and that's when I started really sliding, knowing in the back of my mind that "I'm restarting soon.... so I'll just indulge." - My first mistake! And then PINTEREST! My second mistake... sooooo many luscious recipes that I just had to try! lol I'm pinning low carb recipes now for my next P4 run.
MaMaZu - A trip is a fabulous incentive! Wish I could book one. tip toeing over to a travel site now....

~*~*~*Wishing all a fabulous Sunday and sending stay OP vibes! *~*~*~
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
May I join you? I've only been on maintenance for 2 weeks, and need a small reboot already!! I've had 2 cheat days..Christmas day & then the 27th. I can't believe how quickly the weight comes back on! I want to lose 5 - 10 lbs. Today is day 2 of my reboot. My DH says that I'm b**chy today Probably due to the headache & the fact that I just want to take a nap!
The more the merrier!!!! Let's just do it. Whether you're already re-booting or working up to start Jan 2...it's all good. What worked for me was getting a pedometer and pre-ordering a mix of IP and alternative products so I don't run out while I'm doing this. Got extra snacks and so on, so I don't freak out. I know myself enough to know that getting going the second time around might not be as easy as the first, so I'd rather have extra packets of something within protocol, than grab a bag of potato chips. I've been beetween ph1 and 2 for the last 4 days. It already feels better. Good luck everyone!
Sunnymae
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #34  

Day 1 of reboot is going well! I have drank and drank and drank my water, ate a big lettuce salad for lunch and I have a big batch of zucchini chips dehydrating for tomorrow. Last time my day 2 was my roughest day so I want to make sure I have options! I am also going to make some pudding bark just in case.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I don't know if I should be so happy to see all the familiar faces because it means we are all rebooting! But the whole western world is detoxing from carb overload this mouth anyway.

One thing I am doing differently is adding some exercise. It is so bitterly cold here and my work is so sedentary I am quite inactive so still had a very high fat% when I got to 130. So I got an excellent deal on a elliptical machine at Canadian Tire Boxing Day sale. Hubby finally got it together for me today and I am shocked but not really surprised on what small amounts of time I can handle. I will work on extending that.
Holly, thanks for mentioning the pudding bark. I had ordered boxes of puddings several months ago and could not remember now what I planned to use them for. Now I remember and will make some bark.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #36  

I have a question...for those rebooting, should we NOT exercise for the 1st 2 weeks again or can we continue what we have already been doing and add an extra packet after?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
hi all. Tthank goodness for this site. I lost 30 lbs during the summer, and got to phase 4 in September. But it did no go according to plan...but even so, I only gained 5. Went in today for WI and a check-in, and now i am all in! I am moving toward ketosis...maybe by Sauturday.
Friends here helped me before. The best of the best are here, so I am happy to once again be connected!
Hi there, Delgen!!!!! If all did not go as planned, and you are only up by 5...CONGRATS!!!
NewPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Glad to see you back, my neighbour to the south. You are so wise to get at this at only 5 pounds up. I was at that stage at the end of summer and kept saying I would reboot but never buckled down to it. Now after all the celebrations of December I've added another 7 to that 5. Now I really have to get serious.

The best thing I did was to get rid od all my clothes that got too big as I went down sizes. I only have clothes at goal size. As all my weight goes to my middle, pants are the big issue so I have to get back to the right pant size or continue to wear one pair with a bit of stretch to them.

Pat
Jules
Hi Pat!
Way to get back to it!!!!! You always did inspire me!!!!
NewPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I guess I will start posting here versus the maintainers thread because I didn't stay in maintenance very long. I had a VERY rough couple of weeks food wise and I am back to reboot. I have also decided to drop another 10 as well. I don't think entering maintenance during the holiday season was a great idea. I was proud of myself for getting there but it is so easy to lose control with all of the parties, get aways and RELATIVES living with you and having JUNK everywhere all the time. I am so ready for my routine to get back to normal especially with my eating! It is nice to see familiar names Chloe222 and Cindy, Bellamack, patns and there were more but can't remember I am a bit nervous for day 2 and 3 but I will remember how great it feels once I get past those days.
Holly, good to see you! I am on day three and I think I am finally in ketosis. I slept may way partly. I was so tired. But Today my hunger is gone, and I feel much better. I was good and made a big pot of veggies for soup. I measured 2 cups out into containers and got 7 lunches! I will use the IP chicken soup this week. Last night I made 7 days worth of Jelly for evening snacks.
I do better if I don't have to think about it.

You will do great. It is nice to see familiear faces.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
I'm with you all on the reboot. Been eating way too much these last 6 weeks. I will be officially restarting January 2nd next week to get rid of about 10 pounds.
Actually looking forward to ketosis again, although will miss my yogurt, fruit and wine.
And we booked a trip to Buenos Aires for this spring so I have an added incentive to refocus!
Barbara
Ive got 10 pounds too. I have only gained about 5, but I want the extra cushion.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #41  

Quote:
Day 1 of reboot is going well! I have drank and drank and drank my water, ate a big lettuce salad for lunch and I have a big batch of zucchini chips dehydrating for tomorrow. Last time my day 2 was my roughest day so I want to make sure I have options! I am also going to make some pudding bark just in case.
tell me about pudding bark. I have not heard of that.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I have a question...for those rebooting, should we NOT exercise for the 1st 2 weeks again or can we continue what we have already been doing and add an extra packet after?
I'm not sure about this either. I plan to not workout while in phase 1 so that I don't stall my losses. Let me know what you all do...
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

It looks like most of you are doing quite well getting restarted!

I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED in myself this evening. I made it thru 2 1/2 days & then blew it tonight. We got home from my brother's...long story with family conflicts where I'm caught in the middle...and I was so hungry that I just sat down & had supper with my family. Then...I felt quilty & pretty much continued to eat all evening...Christmas goodies...you name it. Deep down I wanted to eat whatever I wanted knowing that Jan 1st is looming & to just "get it out of my system.". I could just cry right now...how could I let this happen? My stomach really hurts. I must remember this feeling, and how much better it feels to be in control. I hope that you aren't disappointed in me...I feel like I've let you all down. I'm finding that it is more difficult to reboot-I was 100% OP before.

Here's to tomorrow...a brand new day...a brand new start. Thank you for all of your support...looks like I'm really going to need it!! Once again, this is a learning experience. My goal for 2013 is to reach my goal weight & then work like crazy to MAINTAIN...MAINTAIN...MAINTAIN!
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

I reached my goal just before Christmas but decided to delay PH 3 until after the holidays. I knew I would be cheating for a couple of days so it just didn't make much sense to complicate things. Sure enough, I gained 4 pounds in a week. I'm amazed at how quickly the pounds go back on, considering that it seems to take forever to lose them!

I threw away or gave away all of the tempting leftovers and got back on PH 2 the day after Christmas. I've only had one cheat since then--turkey soup with some forbidden veggies--so we will see how the weigh-in goes this week. My scale at home shows that I am down 3.

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to maintenance. It seems to be problematic for so many people.
glomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomor View Post
I reached my goal just before Christmas but decided to delay PH 3 until after the holidays. I knew I would be cheating for a couple of days so it just didn't make much sense to complicate things. Sure enough, I gained 4 pounds in a week. I'm amazed at how quickly the pounds go back on, considering that it seems to take forever to lose them!

I threw away or gave away all of the tempting leftovers and got back on PH 2 the day after Christmas. I've only had one cheat since then--turkey soup with some forbidden veggies--so we will see how the weigh-in goes this week. My scale at home shows that I am down 3.

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to maintenance. It seems to be problematic for so many people.
you cant gin that much fat in that little time. you are retaining water. try going on phase 1 for a day and then get back on phase 4. All is not lost. You just have some water because the glycogen you now begin to store carries water molecules with it. It is normal to gain about that much in water when you go into phase 4.

you should be fine....just get back on track!