Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/11/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/11/2012

lisa32989
12-11-2012, 07:03 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

libertybelle
12-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Good Morning, Shrinking People!

It is neat to think of how, as we shrink, we are growing in more profound ways!

My username should be changing sometime today. I had never participated in a forum and chose a name that doesn't allow me to share as much personally at times.

I have my third weigh in today!

I cheated for the first time yesterday and felt very discouraged but didn't cheat again and today is a new day! I left to take to take my youngest to school, forgetting that he had a doctor's appt. I usually have my real breakfast right after I drop him off. I remembered the appt. and diverted to the doctor. We had angry storms here yesterday morning, and as we left the doctor it took forever to get him back to school, and was feeling weaker. Upon leaving, I got caught by a train. I've been hypoglycemic since I was a kid. While waiting for the train, I started to worry I was goinog to pass out. Checked my blood sugar, and it was too low! (Not easy to do with shaking hands in a car being shaken by a passing train!) I scoured my car (I had taken my travel IP bag in on Sunday to refresh it and forgot to throw it in for my "quick" trip to drop my son off at school.) As a last resort, I ate my son's leftover cinnamon roll, licking off the icing first. (Lucky he had a special treat yesterday) I was disappointed in myself because with planning, I wouldn't have needed to cheat.
Moral of the story: PLAN PLAN PLAN!

I hope it doesn't take long to get that out of my system!

I sure hope you have a fabulous day, everyone!!! I read such great success stories here yesterday. I lurk all day, but this is about the only time I am guaranteed time I can post!

I wanted to join the 100% yesterday since Sunday was the first time I got in ALL the food requirements, but after the cheat, had to wait until today!

Take wonderful care, folks!!! -Will update with my weigh in...

rainbowsmiles
12-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Good Morning, Shrinking People!

It is neat to think of how, as we shrink, we are growing in more profound ways!

My username should be changing sometime today. I had never participated in a forum and chose a name that doesn't allow me to share as much personally at times.

I have my third weigh in today!

I cheated for the first time yesterday and felt very discouraged but didn't cheat again and today is a new day! I left to take to take my youngest to school, forgetting that he had a doctor's appt. I usually have my real breakfast right after I drop him off. I remembered the appt. and diverted to the doctor. We had angry storms here yesterday morning, and as we left the doctor it took forever to get him back to school, and was feeling weaker. Upon leaving, I got caught by a train. I've been hypoglycemic since I was a kid. While waiting for the train, I started to worry I was goinog to pass out. Checked my blood sugar, and it was too low! (Not easy to do with shaking hands in a car being shaken by a passing train!) I scoured my car (I had taken my travel IP bag in on Sunday to refresh it and forgot to throw it in for my "quick" trip to drop my son off at school.) As a last resort, I ate my son's leftover cinnamon roll, licking off the icing first. (Lucky he had a special treat yesterday) I was disappointed in myself because with planning, I wouldn't have needed to cheat.
Moral of the story: PLAN PLAN PLAN!

I hope it doesn't take long to get that out of my system!

I sure hope you have a fabulous day, everyone!!! I read such great success stories here yesterday. I lurk all day, but this is about the only time I am guaranteed time I can post!

I wanted to join the 100% yesterday since Sunday was the first time I got in ALL the food requirements, but after the cheat, had to wait until today!

Take wonderful care, folks!!! -Will update with my weigh in...

:hug::hug: i totally understand about the cheating and feeling discouraged....but you are doing the BEST THING....putting it behind you and moving on....i always think of the quote from Anne of Green Gables...

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
― L.M. Montgomery

in the past i would let a slip up derail me for months sometimes years, but now i realize that it sometimes happens, dust yourself off and just move on :) and yes, plan plan plan!!

hope you have a lovely day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps......LOVE THE SHRINKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

libertybelle
12-11-2012, 07:40 AM
.i always think of the quote from Anne of Green Gables...

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
― L.M. Montgomery

ps......LOVE THE SHRINKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!! It is harder emotionally to move on from a cheat than I imagined. And honestly, the temptation the rest of the day surprised me, even made me a bit angry. How dare my brain try to trick me like that???

I love Anne!

:) I can't help but think of us all as the INCREDIBLE shrinking I People. Because everyone here, showing up, trying, doing it, picking themselves back up, helping each other, really is incredible...

onmyway1014
12-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Good morning everyone -

I'm looking for a little advice

I am struggling today because tonight is my work holiday party.

It is a very small group of women there will be lots of food there that I will not eat because it is not on plan. I have been on IP 100% for 53 days and am not interested in cheating - so it isn't the food temptations I'm worrried about.

I am worried about the questions and/or comments about why I'm not drinking or having dessert etc. I don't feel like being in the spotlight answering questions about how I'm eating. 3 of the 7 women know what I am doing and 2 have been very supportive.

1 is always saying things that embarrass me (I'm know I'm overly sensitive) Like shouting down the hall Did you cheat for your birthday? What do you mean you made a cake and didn't eat any???? I don't think she means any harm she just doesn't think sometimes.

I have been thinking I should just stay home rather than be uncomfortable.

I know this is not the answer.

any suggestions?

rainbowsmiles
12-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Good morning everyone -

It is a very small group of women there will be lots of food there that I will not eat because it is not on plan. I have been on IP 100% for 53 days and am not interested in cheating - so it isn't the food temptations I'm worrried about.

I am worried about the questions and/or comments about why I'm not drinking or having dessert etc. I don't feel like being in the spotlight answering questions about how I'm eating. 3 of the 7 women know what I am doing and 2 have been very supportive.

1 is always saying things that embarrass me (I'm know I'm overly sensitive) Like shouting down the hall Did you cheat for your birthday? What do you mean you made a cake and didn't eat any???? I don't think she means any harm she just doesn't think sometimes.

any suggestions?

first off let me say...DO NOT STAY HOME....GO....GO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!!!

with that said, i get it...i just went to my husband christmas party...and found it much easier than i imagined and i stressed over it for weeks!

as for not "drinking", i took dasani wild berry drops and added them to my water in a wine glass and no one noticed!!! i always had my drink in my hand and sipped slowly, and no one noticed i didn't have more than 1 drink

when dessert came around, i ordered coffee....and was so busy talking and laughing and no one even paid any attention that i wasn't eating dessert!!

YOU CAN DO IT! just set your mind to do it!! and you will :)

i am learning to NEVER DEPRIVE MYSELF ANYMORE of social activities...because of what others may think!!!

the people who love you will support you, thats all that matters!!

HAVE FUN AND LET US KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!!

maezy1
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone -

It is a very small group of women there will be lots of food there that I will not eat because it is not on plan. I have been on IP 100% for 53 days and am not interested in cheating - so it isn't the food temptations I'm worried about.

LIBERTYBELLE - I got caught in that same storm going to the dr office and got stopped by a train!!! I must have been right beside you!! hahaha.....
You cannot change yesterday. You only have power over today and you WILL do great getting back on program!!!!! HAve faith in yourself !

LIBERTYBELLE - I got caught in that nasty weather as well trying to get to my doctor's office!!!!! It was pretty bad. Put yesterday behind you and move on!!!!

any suggestions?

Go to the party!!!!!! Pull your associate aside and ask her for her support and let her know that in your mind cheating is not an option and that you are proud of yourself for not even having the desire to cheat. She may start to be better about her comments. And no, you're not being too sensitive!

libertybelle
12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
onmyway: If you don' feel talking about the diet, maybe just say honestly, "I just don't feel like eating this right now but really wanted to be here with you anyway" Which is the truth.

I would also ask the two folks who are very supportive to help you steer clear of the topic by redirecting the conversation if it does come up.

As well, I'd have something IP that I really enjoy before I go so that I can avoid temptation, even if I don't expect it.

Bringing food can be iffy because if it appears to be "diet" food, it might spur conversation, so if I do, I'd bring something that doesn't bring up the question.

You can do this!!!

We've stayed home enough because of our weight, don't stay home when you are making so much progress!!!

cbl70
12-11-2012, 09:02 AM
onmyway1014 -
Just a few suggestions for your holiday party:

Drink water with lemon while you are there or coffee.
If you think you will find something to eat, choose veggie and lean protein.
If you don't think you will find something, then eat before you go.
Carry a snack (IP Bar or RTD) with you just in case. You don't have to eat it at the table. But, an extra pack is better than cheating.
Enjoy the company of your co-workers.

How to deal with questions and insensitive co-workers? If anyone asks, provide a short explanation that you are on a temporary, medically supervised diet. I've found most people don't even notice. As far as the insensitive co-worker, you can just give them a blank stare if they provide negative comments or tell them directly that what they are doing/saying is hurtful. Maybe you can enlist your supportive co-workers to back you up here.

Enjoy!

BGirl33
12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Good morning everyone! :) I'm feeling a little discouraged this week. I've been on IP going on 6 weeks now, and as of last Saturday, I'm down 17 lbs. I started off at 213 lbs and currently 196. The first few weeks were great. Week 1 I lost 6 lbs! Week 2, I lost 5 lbs. The last 3 weeks, I've only lost 2 lbs a week. I haven't cheated once either. I made it through Thanksgiving, and have successfully made it through numerous Birthday parties, restaurants and holidays parties without even a bite of deliciousness or a sip of alcohol. I use keytone strips every day to make sure I'm doing this right, and I always have small to moderate results.

I feel that if I had a bigger boost in weight loss (even 3 lbs a week) I would feel confident to keep going. I hate having my doubts as I see how great this program is for so many people and I love the structure the program has given me. I just expected a little more for the sacrifice and money spent. I think my biggest fear is weighing in and seeing nothing lost. I just have such a long way to go, as my goal is to lose another 40 lbs before my wedding November 2013. My coach told me not to go dress shopping for awhile b/c they can only take in the dress so much. I do need to go soon though. I guess my questions are…

Are plateaus so early in the diet normal? Will my weight loss pick up (as I'm still following the plan to a T). Do I have to switch my food up? And finally, would light cardio exercise help speed things along? Thank you in advance.

maezy1
12-11-2012, 09:11 AM
LibertyBelle - I go t caught int hat same storm yesterday going to the dr office and got stopped by a train!!! we must have been next to each other!!! hahaha
You cant change yesterday. You only have power over food choices for today and you will do your best I can tell!!! BE proud that you are jumping right back on the wagon today!
OK Bgirl - gonna tell you what I was told - ONLY and JUST when talking about weight losses are four letter words!!!! What other diet have you lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks!!!!!! Be proud and keep on going. Some weeks I have big losses, other weeks small losses but all are losses!

ragdoll74
12-11-2012, 09:33 AM
onmyway- the simplest thing you can say is that I have a very restrictive diet right now. If anyone presses you, just say you would rather not discuss it. The key is being prepared with an answer, you don't want to be caught off guard.

BGirl- 2 lbs a week isn't a stall, a stall is when you don't change weight at all for 3 weeks. Everyone loses differently and 2 lbs a week is really good (I'd kill for 2 lbs a week right now). Just make sure you are getting all your water, and following the plan 100%. The loses will vary each week, but you are still losing. Keep it up, you're doing great.

benice
12-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone! :) I'm feeling a little discouraged this week. I've been on IP going on 6 weeks now, and as of last Saturday, I'm down 17 lbs. I started off at 213 lbs and currently 196. The first few weeks were great. Week 1 I lost 6 lbs! Week 2, I lost 5 lbs. The last 3 weeks, I've only lost 2 lbs a week. I haven't cheated once either. I made it through Thanksgiving, and have successfully made it through numerous Birthday parties, restaurants and holidays parties without even a bite of deliciousness or a sip of alcohol. I use keytone strips every day to make sure I'm doing this right, and I always have small to moderate results.

I feel that if I had a bigger boost in weight loss (even 3 lbs a week) I would feel confident to keep going. I hate having my doubts as I see how great this program is for so many people and I love the structure the program has given me. I just expected a little more for the sacrifice and money spent. I think my biggest fear is weighing in and seeing nothing lost. I just have such a long way to go, as my goal is to lose another 40 lbs before my wedding November 2013. My coach told me not to go dress shopping for awhile b/c they can only take in the dress so much. I do need to go soon though. I guess my questions are…

Are plateaus so early in the diet normal? Will my weight loss pick up (as I'm still following the plan to a T). Do I have to switch my food up? And finally, would light cardio exercise help speed things along? Thank you in advance.

Hi!

I understand how you feel. I have gone through phases early on where my losses slowed and I became impatient. And then I GAINED! When I was 100% OP. I stayed steady for almost two weesk at that gain and then it all fell off right before my next WI. This diet is wonkity and, for me, losses come in fits and spurts.

All that being said, 2lbs a week is a high level of loss! You don't have all that much to lose, so it might take longer for you than others to reach your goal. I've heard that the closer to goal you are, the slower the pounds come off.

I'm not sure if this program is what you are looking for or not, but my one piece of advice to you would be to stick with some sort of healthy, weightloss focused lifestyle starting now. You'll be at goal LONG before your wedding. That way all of your parties, dress fittings(!), etc. will be done at GOAL WEIGHT! I'm a bit stressed because I cut things too close and, for my April wedding, I will barely be at goal if all goes well. I wish I had a few months to enjoy goal weight before heading into that fun time.

Good luck!!

Willi
12-11-2012, 10:04 AM
onmyway- the simplest thing you can say is that I have a very restrictive diet right now. If anyone presses you, just say you would rather not discuss it. The key is being prepared with an answer, you don't want to be caught off guard.

BGirl- 2 lbs a week isn't a stall, a stall is when you don't change weight at all for 3 weeks. Everyone loses differently and 2 lbs a week is really good (I'd kill for 2 lbs a week right now). Just make sure you are getting all your water, and following the plan 100%. The loses will vary each week, but you are still losing. Keep it up, you're doing great.

Ditto! Well said Ragdoll. Two pounds per week is great!

maezy1
12-11-2012, 10:12 AM
has anyone warmed up the dark choc pudding and made it into hot choc?

massconfusion84
12-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Good Morning,
I am a newbie/oldie. I used to post on here about a year ago, the first time I went on the Ideal Protein diet. I quit posting bc I felt ignored and frankly it hurt my feelings... it looks like a whole new group of people are here now :) As soon as I quit talking on here I lost a lot of will power and fell off the bandwagon. I am now back on the program and ready to finish what I started and I know this helped me last year even if I was just talking to myself it seemed. ANYWAYS its good to be back!

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 10:45 AM

Time for a reality check.

You are not on a plateau - 2lbs a week is FANTASTIC, and a lot closer to what most people experience. Expect more for the money you spend? Remember that on Weight Watchers 2lbs a MONTH is considered good. You are already getting more than your money's worth out of the program! A plateau is a few weeks of ZERO losses. You will have higher weeks, you will have lower weeks (I just had a zero loss week, followed by over 3lbs). Just keep sticking with the plan and the weight will continue to come off.

And no, exercise will NOT speed things along, it may actually STALL your weight losses.

Oh, and toss the ketone strips - they are not really useful in keeping track of whether you are in ketosis - if you're drinking plenty of water the ketones will barely register and you don't sound like you need anything else stressing you out (if you happen to use them and nothing registers it does NOT mean you are doing something wrong.)

ragdoll74
12-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning,
I am a newbie/oldie. I used to post on here about a year ago, the first time I went on the Ideal Protein diet. I quit posting bc I felt ignored and frankly it hurt my feelings... it looks like a whole new group of people are here now :) As soon as I quit talking on here I lost a lot of will power and fell off the bandwagon. I am now back on the program and ready to finish what I started and I know this helped me last year even if I was just talking to myself it seemed. ANYWAYS its good to be back!

Welcome back! There are a lot of people who post on here, and not everyone comments to each posts. Don't take it personal if you don't get a lot of reply's.

The support here is fantastic!

benice
12-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Good Morning,

Welcome!!!!!!! I'm not a super frequent poster, but I come here daily for support. Good luck with your journey. We got this!:carrot:

benice
12-11-2012, 10:53 AM

Nope. But this sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try that with some mint extract! Personally, I think the puddings have a weirdo flavour, so this might be a good fix! Thanks!

MommaHen
12-11-2012, 10:56 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't work....just add more water to make it thinner.

My son and I are sick today, so we are not going to our WI. We both have head colds and feel horrible...really don't want to pass it on to the coach.

I have been super busy with Christmas stuff, but still staying 100% OP. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

onmyway1014
12-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and tips and good advice about the party.

It is true - too many things have been missed because of my weight - why add another one to the list!

I'll go and try to have fun.

massconfusion84
12-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Does anybody use pinterest for ideas? I have found some GREAT recipes and ideas!

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Does anybody use pinterest for ideas? I have found some GREAT recipes and ideas!

They have great ideas on Pinterest, but I had to put myself on a Pinterest "diet" - I was spending WAAAAAYYYY too much time there! It's addictive!!

massconfusion84
12-11-2012, 11:18 AM
They have great ideas on Pinterest, but I had to put myself on a Pinterest "diet" - I was spending WAAAAAYYYY too much time there! It's addictive!!

I probly spend way to much on it too! I just learned a really easy way to make cauliflower rice using a blender, and found a 0 carb BLT recipe.....yummm

michellekb
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi, I'm fairly new to IP (just started week 8) and am brand new to this site. I have been looking through older posts and questions on here but haven't been able to find an answer to the one I have.

Since starting IP I have noticed my TOM to be much shorter in cycle length (2 weeks). I've been wondering if this is normal, I have read that doing the IP diet can have an affect on your cycle but have mostly read that it causes it to skip months altogether, not happen sooner than normal. Before making an appointment with my doctor I was hoping to hear from some other people on the plan and if they have had anything similar happen.

Thanks for the help!

NinjaNurse
12-11-2012, 11:38 AM
I probly spend way to much on it too! I just learned a really easy way to make cauliflower rice using a blender, and found a 0 carb BLT recipe.....yummm

Welcome!! When I 1st started here, I felt I was peeking in on a special club. And at 1st, I didn't get a lot of responses from my posts. But now I am very comfortable here and enjoy it very much!! It really is a Godsend!!

And hey, you mentioned BLT w/ 0 carbs......lovin you!!

I used to be ADDICTED to Pinterest. I have about 14boards. Now I still go there, but only a couple of times a month if I am looking for something.

Benice: Twist my arm, I'll try the hot choco!! I like the puddings, but I find for real pudding consistency, you need less water than what it calls for.

Onmyway: I's just go about my business and enjoy!! I have found once I say, No Thank You, people move on. I am going to a cookie swap this w/e. Finally got invited to one and it's not the most perfect time. But to me, the strawberry wafers are indulgent so I am bringing a pack for my treat.

Off to run errands. I kept my daughter home because she had a rough night. Don't know if it was night dreams (as she calls them) or being stuffed up from a cold. She was MISERABLE. Now I wish I had sent her because I am way behind on errands.

Have a great day everyone!! Stay OP out there, it can be dangerous this time of year!! :sp:

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi, I'm fairly new to IP (just started week 8) and am brand new to this site. I have been looking through older posts and questions on here but haven't been able to find an answer to the one I have.

Since starting IP I have noticed my TOM to be much shorter in cycle length (2 weeks). I've been wondering if this is normal, I have read that doing the IP diet can have an affect on your cycle but have mostly read that it causes it to skip months altogether, not happen sooner than normal. Before making an appointment with my doctor I was hoping to hear from some other people on the plan and if they have had anything similar happen.

Thanks for the help!

It's totally normal - I actually think I hear more people having more frequent TOM visits than skipping, but either way you don't need to worry. Women store estrogen in their fat cells, and when we experience rapid fat loss, that estrogen can "flood" your system and wreak havoc on your cycles and your mood. I skipped the first month of TOM after starting IP but then had two in one month. Things do eventually even out!

michellekb
12-11-2012, 12:03 PM
It's totally normal - I actually think I hear more people having more frequent TOM visits than skipping, but either way you don't need to worry. Women store estrogen in their fat cells, and when we experience rapid fat loss, that estrogen can "flood" your system and wreak havoc on your cycles and your mood. I skipped the first month of TOM after starting IP but then had two in one month. Things do eventually even out!

Thank you! I had a feeling it was to do with the fat break down but needed it confirmed by someone else so I could stop worrying :)

lisa32989
12-11-2012, 12:21 PM

As Scorbett said, this is NOT a plateau. A plateau would be several weeks of zero loss. At 2/week, you are exceeding the norm. Why don't you average your weight loss over time? 17/6=2.8 lbs/week

IP is removing the 3-5 lbs/week average from all of their printed material. If your clinic is still using those claims, I'd ask them to please stay current with IP literature.

If you do the math, you are currently losing approximately 1% of your body weight per week, which is a PHENOMENAL amount. (2/196=.01)

Time to remove the words "slow" and "only" from your vocabulary when discussing your weight loss. Compare this plan to the slowness of other plans you've tried and be happy with the speed.

If you are drinking tons of water, you are flushing out the keytone bodies, rather than burning them, so they won't register on the ketostix. Toss them in the garbage! We'd rather burn fat than keytones anyway!

You might have a zero week. You might not. Even if you do, the diet still works. It IS working. Time to get your head in the game. Right now it seems to be working against you.

Your losses are to be celebrated! This plan is working and you are doing great!

Spend a lot of time on the old posts...you'll find MANY recipes! The cauli rice is on our threads. The stickies and the first post of this daily thread will send you to recipe threads. You'll have to sort thru a bit...

Thanks for the help!
Good for you for looking thru older posts! I wish all newcomers would do that instead of starting new threads. Most questions have already been answered. As Scorbett mentioned, lots of TOM issues when starting this plan. They'll normalize after a month or two. We store estrogen in the fat we are now burning so it is released.

ablever
12-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Good morning all y'all!

Just wondering, where's Wuv these days?

I wanted to share a very motivating and validating documentary that I watched last night on Netflix: Hungry for Change. It is exactly what I needed to stay OP and keep focused on putting myself first during this process. I'm so grateful to have stumbled upon it.

When I am feeling particularly challenged, I have tried to watch those food-related documentaries (Forks Over Knives, Food, Inc., Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, etc.) and it really shifts my thoughts so that I am energized and determined to stay OP.

Whatever it takes, I guess.

Good Morning,

Welcome, Massconfusion! I am somewhat of a newbie myself...often a lurker but posting more and more as I get comfortable. I am finding that there are some very welcoming people on this forum and it just takes a while to get to know others and to let yourself be known, too. So glad you're here now. :)

mompattie
12-11-2012, 12:40 PM
first off let me say...DO NOT STAY HOME....GO....GO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!!!

with that said, i get it...i just went to my husband christmas party...and found it much easier than i imagined and i stressed over it for weeks!

as for not "drinking", i took dasani wild berry drops and added them to my water in a wine glass and no one noticed!!! i always had my drink in my hand and sipped slowly, and no one noticed i didn't have more than 1 drink

when dessert came around, i ordered coffee....and was so busy talking and laughing and no one even paid any attention that i wasn't eating dessert!!

YOU CAN DO IT! just set your mind to do it!! and you will :)

i am learning to NEVER DEPRIVE MYSELF ANYMORE of social activities...because of what others may think!!!

the people who love you will support you, thats all that matters!!

HAVE FUN AND LET US KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!!

Well said!!! 10000% agree!!! Go and have fun. And be darned with what people say or think!

Agree also 10000% with previous posts. 2 lbs a week is fantastic!!!!

Good Morning,

Welcome back! There's lots of posts and people are busy, so don't feel slighted if you don't get a lot of relies! We're all here for each other!

Food porn. Have to stay away!

maezy1
12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
MASSCONFUSION - welcome!!!! Hoep you find this board a little more friendly this time around! I have for the most part!
ABLEVER - Wuv took another job so she is so busy!!!! I have seen her on here every now and then though

Sammie12
12-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone, I went in today to get weighed but my couch was out again. I usually weigh in on Saturday's but she was out sick. They told me to come in Tuesday morning but she works later in the day which I have to work. Just a little frustrated especially since it was my 4th week. Okay I am done complaining.. LOL!! Hope everyone has a great day

rainbowsmiles
12-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Food porn. Have to stay away!
omg i love pinterest....but had to UNFOLLOW my daughters pins and most of my friends!!!!! too many food posts!!! hahaha

Bella73123
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
omg i love pinterest....but had to UNFOLLOW my daughters pins and most of my friends!!!!! too many food posts!!! hahaha

I love the food posts! For some reason pinterest actually helps me when I'm craving...just looking at all the fantastic pictures...I pin them for later, and I already have a tonne of IP friendly recipes ready for Christmas morning, I can't wait! :present:

ragdoll74
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM

I love pinterest. I don't seperate my IP recipes from the others though. Just kind of lump them together.

Thanks for the help!

My TOM is all messed up now. Sometimes I get it a week early, sometimes it's a week or 2 late. I have noticed that it always starts with a couple days of spotting, and then I only have it for 4 days max once it starts.

I used to always get it every 21 days, and it lasted a full 7 days. I just try to be more aware now because the PMS is insane! I'm super emotional and easily irritated, and by irritated I mean I turn into a raving lunatic.

massconfusion84
12-11-2012, 01:42 PM

I have the same problem....I just scroll past it really quick and then go to the fitness section to get re motivated!

jmuroff1
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
has anyone ever experienced nausea on this program? i was vomiting all friday morning, then saturday and sunday had a migraine :( people are saying i may be pregnant but i just had my period and still losing weight so i doubt it's that....anyone else experience this?

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I finally did a progress comparison and shared it on Facebook - many people don't know I've been dieting but I'm definitely getting MUCH more vocal about sharing the program and my journey with people! Here's the pic:

Bella73123
12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I finally did a progress comparison and shared it on Facebook - many people don't know I've been dieting but I'm definitely getting MUCH more vocal about sharing the program and my journey with people! Here's the pic:

Wow! You look amazing in both pics, but what a fantastic transformation! Well done!:cp:

lisa32989
12-11-2012, 01:55 PM
has anyone ever experienced nausea on this program? i was vomiting all friday morning, then saturday and sunday had a migraine :( people are saying i may be pregnant but i just had my period and still losing weight so i doubt it's that....anyone else experience this?

Well, you're too far into the program to be experiencing the "Atkins flu" (beginning of ketosis) nausea. You either had a bug or you should consider whether you are pregnant. Nobody should be on IP P1 if they are pregnant!

And for anyone who gets a stomach bug...chicken broth, tea, hot lemon water, and unflavored selzer water with some lemon or lime. I make my own chicken broth from chicken carcasses so mine is always as close as the freezer. The protein packs are probably too much for an upset stomach. Bouillon if you start getting dehydrated (for the salt), until you can manage a packet again (or just salt your chicken broth). You can do a few bland veggies in the broth if the tummy can take it.

Porthardygurl
12-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Good Morning All...

I have been more or less lurking while OP ...except the past 3 days...I got strep throat...and havent been able to really swallow anything except for ice slurpees and popsicles and chicken broth..Today i finally decided that after three days of living off of sugar laden slushies.. i need to stop doing that because while they soothe the throat, they offer no nutrition...At least the nice thing, is that im still losing weight...so i forced myself not to ask my husband for any slushies or popsicles and instead decided to choke down my shake...literally...It was really hard to swallow..my throat is soooo swollen..and in so much pain..but i did it... So im officially back OP 100% even though i havent come close to getting better..I figure that a shake three times a day will be better and more nutritional and i wont lose my muscle mass cause im not starving my body of what it needs...

Anywho..by the way... I watched "Hungry for Change" on netflix last night as well and i love love loved it.. It was extremely inspiring and very interesting to watch..however.. my one "diss" about it..was that it definitly advocated juicing for health...and while i see there opinions and ideas...i dont personally believe that living off of juicing for a series of weeks to lose weight would be healthy to a person who is obese...(btw.. i did hear about fat sick and nearly dead.)

lisa32989
12-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Good Morning All...

I have been more or less lurking while OP ...except the past 3 days...I got strep throat...and havent been able to really swallow anything except for ice slurpees and popsicles and chicken broth..Today i finally decided that after three days of living off of sugar laden slushies.. i need to stop doing that because while they soothe the throat, they offer no nutrition...At least the nice thing, is that im still losing weight...so i forced myself not to ask my husband for any slushies or popsicles and instead decided to choke down my shake...literally...It was really hard to swallow..my throat is soooo swollen..and in so much pain..but i did it... So im officially back OP 100% even though i havent come close to getting better..I figure that a shake three times a day will be better and more nutritional and i wont lose my muscle mass cause im not starving my body of what it needs...

Anywho..by the way... I watched "Hungry for Change" on netflix last night as well and i love love loved it.. It was extremely inspiring and very interesting to watch..however.. my one "diss" about it..was that it definitly advocated juicing for health...and while i see there opinions and ideas...i dont personally believe that living off of juicing for a series of weeks to lose weight would be healthy to a person who is obese...(btw.. i did hear about fat sick and nearly dead.)
Make a shake slushee with ice in the blender!

jmuroff1
12-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Well, you're too far into the program to be experiencing the "Atkins flu" (beginning of ketosis) nausea. You either had a bug or you should consider whether you are pregnant. Nobody should be on IP P1 if they are pregnant!

And for anyone who gets a stomach bug...chicken broth, tea, hot lemon water, and unflavored selzer water with some lemon or lime. I make my own chicken broth from chicken carcasses so mine is always as close as the freezer. The protein packs are probably too much for an upset stomach. Bouillon if you start getting dehydrated (for the salt), until you can manage a packet again (or just salt your chicken broth). You can do a few bland veggies in the broth if the tummy can take it.

it may have been the stomach flu, i woke up this morning feeling much better! but i will take a test to be safe :) thanks lisa!!

lisa32989
12-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Nuff said there! Fabulous!

rainbowsmiles
12-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I have the same problem....I just scroll past it really quick and then go to the fitness section to get re motivated!

good idea!!!

WOWZERS......YOU ARE STUNNING!!!!!!!!!
you just continue to do so well on this program...
wow!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rofl306
12-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Good morning everyone -

any suggestions?

When people asked I would just say I was eating whole foods. Nothing mixed or goopy. That always satisfied people. I have been to a school reunion, business lunches, restaurants, catered parties, etc. When I went to the Christmas party two weeks ago, my plate had raw broc and cauliflower, steamed broc and cauliflower, roast beef and turkey. Nobody said a word as they were too into their own food. BEST WISHES for a GREAT time!

I love your comparison pics. Great job!! Someday I may figure out the pic posting thing. LOL!

Some of us found we had trouble with the multivitamins. I usually eat half my breakfast and then take the pills and that solved the nausea. I had the same problem taking vitamins when I was pregnant and was very surprised to hear that others had the same problem.

maezy1
12-11-2012, 02:31 PM
SCORBETT - congrats! Its wonderful!

Great Dane
12-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I graduated last night!!!!! Nothing exciting. Just from Calm to Novi-Lax. I always feel bloated most of the week due to nothing moving down the Lower GI tract in a timely manner. Had my last Calm Monday night, had Novi-Lax pills 1&2 at 6 pm and 11:30 pm yesterday. Had one more at breakfast this morning. Hello...I'm waiting!!! (maybe the result will be losing 7 pounds "in one sitting" ;-)

BarbMomof3
12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone. I am new and have read posts for many many hours over the past week.

My first question is, I am hoping to do this without joining any local IP office as I am laid off. I am trying to do research to see if that's a good or bad idea. I have found plenty of resources for packet supplements, but can't get clear on the supplements. I can't find any good resource for substitutes, especially on the potassium. Can I join the idealtogo website just for those?

Also, if I were to start IP now, 2 weeks before Christmas and eat off diet on the holiday--I assume that would throw me out of ketosis. Any point in doing this now or should I wait until after Christmas????

Thanks in advance.
Barb

IPdivajen
12-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi all! Just a quick pop in to say hello. Great to see people doing so well, especially when it's extra hard right now!

And scorbett - holy schamolly, that picture comparison is amazing!! Huge congrats!!

Hope everyone's doing well!

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Hello everyone. I am new and have read posts for many many hours over the past week.

My first question is, I am hoping to do this without joining any local IP office as I am laid off. I am trying to do research to see if that's a good or bad idea. I have found plenty of resources for packet supplements, but can't get clear on the supplements. I can't find any good resource for substitutes, especially on the potassium. Can I join the idealtogo website just for those?

Also, if I were to start IP now, 2 weeks before Christmas and eat off diet on the holiday--I assume that would throw me out of ketosis. Any point in doing this now or should I wait until after Christmas????

Thanks in advance.
Barb

Hi Barb,

Regarding the supplements, yes you can definitely follow the program using alternatives to the packets (I'm sure you've seen the Alternatives thread, there are tons of recommendations for products there, and where to buy). But when it came to the vitamins (especially the potassium) I really think IP got it right with the forms of the nutrients and the dosing so I personally have stuck with their version. You can actually order them from www.plainprotein.com - I stopped going to a clinic and started using alternatives exclusively in week 10 of my weight loss, but I order all 3 supplements from that site. They ship fast and I've never had an issue.

Regarding Christmas, I would STRONGLY recommend that you do NOT go off plan just because it's a holiday. This battle is about so much more than being able to stick to the plan - it's also about understanding that FOOD is not the most important thing in our lives, our special events, or anything. It is fuel, just like gas for your car. The sooner you start the program, the sooner you will be at your goal weight - but if you don't think you can stay on plan through the holiday you should wait.

MANY of us have stayed 100% on plan through the "food" holidays, reunions, holiday parties, weddings, etc....it can be done, but you also have to be willing to do it - that decision is up to you.

Good luck!

BarbMomof3
12-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Scorbett1103. I had not seen that site for supplements!!! That was just what I needed.

Also, thanks for the pep talk about Christmas, I needed that too!!!

LizRR
12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Quick 'Howdy' pop-in! I am finding myself short on time lately and was able to sneak away and do a quick catchup. Stay OP my friends!!!!

Porthardygurl
12-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey All..

Thanks for the suggestion Lisa..that would work if i had ice in the first place..Can you believe it? Out of all the gadgets and things we have in our house..we dont have an ice cube tray..guess im going to have to go and invest in one of those..oh..and my blender broke last night too...darn! Maybe if i just shoved my shake into the freezer for a couple of hours to make it cold..

I always read that on the shakes they say "do not freeze"...why is that?

BarbMomof3
12-11-2012, 03:15 PM
One more supplement question....I did order them from the site suggested by Scorbett1103, but how often do you take each one??? Trying to figure how long they last???

Thanks!!
Barb

rainbowsmiles
12-11-2012, 03:25 PM
:wave: hi diva!!
:wave: hi liz!!!!!!!!!!

BGirl33
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Thank you for the words of wisdom everyone. I know 2 lbs a week should be something to celebrate, I just wasn't sure it was the norm b/c of the literature. Glad to know they are stopping the whole 3-7 expectation in print. My coach had actually expressed that I should be losing more too, so I think that had set the tone in my head that what I was doing wasn't enough, while I'm giving 110%. I'm just going to keep going and be happy with what I have accomplished so far. Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 03:52 PM
One more supplement question....I did order them from the site suggested by Scorbett1103, but how often do you take each one??? Trying to figure how long they last???

Thanks!!
Barb

Multivitamin - 2 per day (1 bottle lasts 30 days)
Cal-Mag - 4 per day (1 bottle lasts 30 days)
Potassium-Calcium - 1 per day (1 bottle lasts 100 days)

The best way to spread them out is like this:

Breakfast - 1 potassium, 1 multivitamin
Lunch - 2 Cal-Mag, 1 multivitamin
Snack - 2 Cal-Mag

Your body can only absorb so much calcium in one sitting, that's why you need to spread them out over the course of the day.

Hope that helps!

ragdoll74
12-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Scorbett- WOW, what a transformation!

Porthardygirl- feel better soon

IPDivajen & LizRR- glad you are checking in. It's strange not seeing you both post everyday anymore.

Willi
12-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Good Morning,

Welcome back! This is a very supportive group. I think more people read the daily thread or the 100% thread, so there might be more responses if you post in popular threads.

Willi
12-11-2012, 06:09 PM

I love Pinterest. I watch for low carb recipes (I'm in Phase 1 so these are for later).

Willi
12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Nuff said there! Fabulous!

Ditto. I agree with you there, Scorbett looks great and so do you Lisa! What a difference 120 days makes.

Nolawhodatchick
12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone-
We are all sick at my house. As a result, I'm struggling to get all my food down. I have about 1 cup of veggies and 2.5 oz of meat to go, plus 30 oz of water to meet the day's requirements. Do you think it would be ok if I substituted a drink packet for the remaining food just for today? I really don't think I can get the meat and veggies down but think I can manage a drink. I will also try to complete the water. Appreciate any advice.

I didn't have time to read the thread today since I'm not well, but I'll read tomorrow...don't want to miss celebrating successes with any of you!

ragdoll74
12-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Hope you feel better soon. If you are sick and can't eat, don't force it. I would just sub with the packet. It may not be the equivalent, but you shouldnt worry too much about it.

sahmmommy2
12-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Amazing and beautiful! It's hard to believe that it's the same person in those pictures! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey All..

Thanks for the suggestion Lisa..that would work if i had ice in the first place..Can you believe it? Out of all the gadgets and things we have in our house..we dont have an ice cube tray..guess im going to have to go and invest in one of those..oh..and my blender broke last night too...darn! Maybe if i just shoved my shake into the freezer for a couple of hours to make it cold..

I always read that on the shakes they say "do not freeze"...why is that? Make a shake popsicle (maybe it would be more like a fudgesicle?)???

NinjaNurse
12-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone, I went in today to get weighed but my couch was out again. I usually weigh in on Saturday's but she was out sick. They told me to come in Tuesday morning but she works later in the day which I have to work. Just a little frustrated especially since it was my 4th week. Okay I am done complaining.. LOL!! Hope everyone has a great day

Why couldn't someone else weigh you??? You are not complaining at all. Well, you SHOULD complain, to them. I am so sick of hearing about inferior coaches. Drive me nuts!!! We pay all this money and so many of us are frustrated with our service!!

mompattie
12-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Need ideas for Christmas morning brunch!!! My SIL asked me to bring something. I want to bring something IP friendly so there's something there I can have. Ideas????

NinjaNurse
12-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Jmuroff1: So sorry, I meant to quote your original post. I still get a little lost in her.

If you have lost a lot of weight it is possible for you to get PG easier. I swear to God, beside the usual old fashioned way, I got PG because I had lost about 50lbs. One of my Doctor friends convinced me. I guess less fat around the ovaries???

My go to for nausea was ginger ale. Flat and room temperature. Maybe sipping on ginger tea would help.

GL and may testing give you the answer you want to see!!

Hgamroth
12-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Need ideas for Christmas morning brunch!!! My SIL asked me to bring something. I want to bring something IP friendly so there's something there I can have. Ideas????

I found a recipe on Pinterest that I made for my friend's birthday breakfast the other day.

I adjusted it to that it was IPish friendly.

I scrambled a dozen eggs, and added a few shakes of sea salt and Mrs. Dash.
Poured them into muffin tins about 3/4 full and added some crumbled turkey sausage (which I rinsed after I cooked it.) Baked them at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. The eggs were still a bit runny on top. I added a pinch of veggie shreds to the top and cooked for a few more minutes until eggs were done. They were perfect little egg muffins and everyone loved them. I would also suggest Rainbow's spice cake for you. My favorite recipe by far. :)

benice
12-11-2012, 08:03 PM

What about a breakfast cassarole? Use grated rutebega or cauliflower instead of potato, green scallions, your milk allotment for the day, throw in some ham (if you do that), fake cheese (If you do that) and use your eggs for the day. Could be good! Maybe try it first, though :)

I also love this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/zucchini-frittata-recipe/index.html. It's totally delicious w/ or w/o the parm.

lisa32989
12-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi everyone-
We are all sick at my house. As a result, I'm struggling to get all my food down. I have about 1 cup of veggies and 2.5 oz of meat to go, plus 30 oz of water to meet the day's requirements. Do you think it would be ok if I substituted a drink packet for the remaining food just for today? I really don't think I can get the meat and veggies down but think I can manage a drink. I will also try to complete the water. Appreciate any advice.

I didn't have time to read the thread today since I'm not well, but I'll read tomorrow...don't want to miss celebrating successes with any of you!
I think you do what you need to do when you are sick. Go for the drink and call it a day.

EPAPRN
12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
well, I had WI today. The past month has been slow losses, 1lb or less each week. I have been 100% on plan except for the splash of light cream in my coffee, which I have done since week 5. I think I am going a bit overboard with the protein serving and the veggies. I need to get back to basics and resume strictly weighing everything.

I also revised by goal for the last time with my coach. So, 20# to go. She told me that the little 'cheats' that worked in the beginning (eating more than allotted for veggies and protein) does not work anymore with the last 20 or so lbs.

So, starting tomorrow, I will be measuring, measuring, measuring!!

NinjaNurse
12-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Is this a stupid ??? Has anyone lost weight in their feet?? My Danskos were at perfect fit perfection. The past few days I noticed they were loose. I was wearing the same socks. I also noticed (hard not to when I kept tripping up the stairs) my slippers were falling off my feet.

Hgamroth
12-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Is this a stupid ??? Has anyone lost weight in their feet?? My Danskos were at perfect fit perfection. The past few days I noticed they were loose. I was wearing the same socks. I also noticed (hard not to when I kept tripping up the stairs) my slippers were falling off my feet.

I have experienced this too! Danskos are so expensive and my favorite shoes!!! At least now it is winter and I can double up on my thick socks.

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 09:21 PM

Yup!!! My feet are not as wide as they were - and there are shoes I couldn't squeeze into before that are almost fitting! I think it's because of two things:

- we are losing fat EVERYWHERE - we only measure the major areas but the fat is all over the place - even the tops of our feet.

- as we lose weight, there is less pressure on our feet to hold us up. Feet flatten out and widen if greater pressure is put on them - less pressure means less widening/flattening.

NinjaNurse
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I have experienced this too! Danskos are so expensive and my favorite shoes!!! At least now it is winter and I can double up on my thick socks.

Amen!! I almost threw a lot of mine away!!!

NinjaNurse
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Yup!!! My feet are not as wide as they were - and there are shoes I couldn't squeeze into before that are almost fitting! I think it's because of two things:

- we are losing fat EVERYWHERE - we only measure the major areas but the fat is all over the place - even the tops of our feet.

- as we lose weight, there is less pressure on our feet to hold us up. Feet flatten out and widen if greater pressure is put on them - less pressure means less widening/flattening.

Let's all pray to the fat removal god makes my calves thin. I saw a pair of boots I LOVE and I know they won't love my calves!!

FutureFitChick
12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi, Everyone.

I haven't posted on the daily thread before. I started IP using alternatives on 9/6/12 (almost 14 weeks) and have lost 43 pounds. The first week was really rough because it caused a minor fibromyalgia flare-up. Since then, I've been doing OK fibromyalgia-wise other than being very sleepy pretty early in the evening and having a bit of an increase in neck muscle pain and associated headaches.

I have been pretty well on plan (even 100% on Thanksgiving!), with the exception of adding a 4th item on days when I've been super hungry or fatigued (maybe once or twice a week). In the last week and a half, I have been incredibly hungry. I've been trying to avoid adding the 4th packet (especially restricted items). I've tried adding extra water veggies instead (peppers or pea pods or cucumbers), but I'm still as hungry as ever. My weight loss has slowed too, which I mentally expected but am sad to actually see happen. :( I know my TOM is contributing some to all of this. But, I guess I just need some encouragement that this will get better or that someone further along than me went through this too.

On top of this, Sunday night I managed to strain/sprain my sacroiliac joint putting a shirt in the dryer. (I didn't even know that was possible.) It is super painful to turn over in bed or to stand up or get in/out of the car. So, I am laid up with ice packs and heating pads. Ugh!!!! Thanks in advance.

Hgamroth
12-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi, Everyone.

I haven't posted on the daily thread before. I started IP using alternatives on 9/6/12 (almost 14 weeks) and have lost 43 pounds. The first week was really rough because it caused a minor fibromyalgia flare-up. Since then, I've been doing OK fibromyalgia-wise other than being very sleepy pretty early in the evening and having a bit of an increase in neck muscle pain and associated headaches.

I have been pretty well on plan (even 100% on Thanksgiving!), with the exception of adding a 4th item on days when I've been super hungry or fatigued (maybe once or twice a week). In the last week and a half, I have been incredibly hungry. I've been trying to avoid adding the 4th packet (especially restricted items). I've tried adding extra water veggies instead (peppers or pea pods or cucumbers), but I'm still as hungry as ever. My weight loss has slowed too, which I mentally expected but am sad to actually see happen. :( I know my TOM is contributing some to all of this. But, I guess I just need some encouragement that this will get better or that someone further along than me went through this too.

On top of this, Sunday night I managed to strain/sprain my sacroiliac joint putting a shirt in the dryer. (I didn't even know that was possible.) It is super painful to turn over in bed or to stand up or get in/out of the car. So, I am laid up with ice packs and heating pads. Ugh!!!! Thanks in advance.

Often times the big hungry days are followed by a WHOOSH! Sounds to me like you are dealing with things amazingly well! Remember the unlimited lettuce too. That SAVED me many many many times. :)

rainbowsmiles
12-11-2012, 09:33 PM
ditto on the shoes...i went down 1/2 size already!! mostly in width but most of my shoes are slip one like clogs so its not a problem. i love alegria shoes!!!! they are my new addiction!!!

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 09:37 PM
FutureFitChick - there must be something in the air because SEVERAL of us have posted about bad cases of the hungries in the last few weeks! I really do wonder if it has to do with winter coming, and some old instincts to "bulk up" for the cold weather kicking in. I am going to blame it on the seasonal change :)

RE: slowing weight loss, it's hard to say what is going on without knowing what you mean by slowing - do you mean multiple weeks of 1lb or less? If you're still hitting 2lbs or more, that's not anything to worry about - that is actually coming out to be more of the norm. Lisa posted that her coach just got all the new literature from IP corporate and they are getting rid of the "3-7lb per week" claim.

For me, I've been making good use of the unlimited lettuce - I may be sick of salad by the time I'm done, but it's getting me through for now! I don't know if it would have a big effect, but the peapods are a restricted veggie (1 cup twice per week) so maybe watch how often you fall back on those. Slowing will happen as your body adjusts to its new weight, I had my first ZERO loss week, but the following week dropped 3.2lbs. It all evens out in the end :)

NinjaNurse
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for making me look Rainbow! I am a sucker for shoes and handbags. Anyway, a lot of people I work with wear Alegria. I just saw a Debra slip-on, brown w/ embossed rose design that are adorable!!! I am going to wait as as long as I can to get new shoes for work though.

lisa32989
12-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Hi, Everyone.

congrats on your success!
You didn't say anything about why you've been trying to avoid the 4th packet. 43 lbs in 14 weeks is over 3 lbs/ week so there really isn't any reason to avoid the 4th packet.

Weight loss is going to slow closer to goal. In addition, you might want to do some reading about leptin resistance. It might explain the increased hunger, altho there are also neurotransmitters that can get thrown out of whack on a highly restrictive diet that can cause the increased hunger, as well.
With female hormones adding to the equation, it just sucks!

I totally understand SI pain. My SI joint doesn't move correctly so I hurt my back on a regular basis, overtaxing muscles and connective tissues that are trying to do the work a moving joint should be doing. Altho heat feels good, ice heals it faster!

Hang in there. The weight will come off. And know that with this injury comes inflammation: water weight. Be patient. It isn't fat.

bubbleblower
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Well, I've officially made it through my first week! My first weigh in is tomorrow morning ... the moment of truth! (or first one of many, at least!).

The second day of the week was tough for me, with a massive headache that just wouldn't quit. Since then I've been feeling amazingly good, and haven't really been tempted to cheat. The one challenge was tonight. We were out and my husband decided he wanted to stop by the local Italian restaurant for dinner. (Thankfully due to earlier threads relating to what to eat at Italian restaurants I was pretty well prepared! :cool:) Still it was a little difficult to stay 100% OP, but I did! No glass of chianti, no pasta, no garlic bread and olive oil. What I did have, though, was a cup of tea and a really wonderful seafood de la mer (romaine piled high along with green peppers, red onions, grilled calamari, grilled shrimp, and a couple of scallops. I asked for oil and vinegar on the side, and then caught myself and asked what kind of vinegar they had. Believe it or not, they actually had apple cider vinegar! The waitress understood I was on a restricted diet and made sure there was nothing extra on my salad. My husband had a big bowl of pasta with mussels in garlic sauce, along with sauteed spinach and garlic bread. I even resisted his offer of a piece of garlic bread, and gave him the olives from my salad (I had forgotten to omit them). Mission accomplished! :carrot: Lots more weeks to go, but this one is a wrap! :broc:

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Well, I've officially made it through my first week! My first weigh in is tomorrow morning ... the moment of truth! (or first one of many, at least!).

The second day of the week was tough for me, with a massive headache that just wouldn't quit. Since then I've been feeling amazingly good, and haven't really been tempted to cheat. The one challenge was tonight. We were out and my husband decided he wanted to stop by the local Italian restaurant for dinner. (Thankfully due to earlier threads relating to what to eat at Italian restaurants I was pretty well prepared! :cool:) Still it was a little difficult to stay 100% OP, but I did! No glass of chianti, no pasta, no garlic bread and olive oil. What I did have, though, was a cup of tea and a really wonderful seafood de la mer (romaine piled high along with green peppers, red onions, grilled calamari, grilled shrimp, and a couple of scallops. I asked for oil and vinegar on the side, and then caught myself and asked what kind of vinegar they had. Believe it or not, they actually had apple cider vinegar! The waitress understood I was on a restricted diet and made sure there was nothing extra on my salad. My husband had a big bowl of pasta with mussels in garlic sauce, along with sauteed spinach and garlic bread. I even resisted his offer of a piece of garlic bread, and gave him the olives from my salad (I had forgotten to omit them). Mission accomplished! :carrot: Lots more weeks to go, but this one is a wrap! :broc:

What a huge win for your first week! Good luck on your WI tomorrow but I don't think you'll need it!

byugrl
12-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Scorbett you look amazing !!!!!

nola I hope you feel better !

My WI is usually on a Tuesday but my coach was out so I get to do it tomorrow . I am excited to go. My mom,who just saw me Friday and again on Monday, said she noticed a big difference since Friday. Got to love someone noticing your hard work!

I went to the mall today to get my hair done and had such a craving for the pecan supremes at the cookie company. I think it was just knowing it was down the hall from where I was. When I was finished I just beelined the opposite way and went look at shoes :). Always a great fix !!!

ninjanurse I have noticed a difference in my feet too. I have a pair of sandals that go over the instep that I had to help on now just slides in easily.

Love this Journey I am taking with y'all !!!

FutureFitChick
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks, Everyone!

I really appreciate the support and am so glad I posted. :hug:

BubbleBlower, great job at the Italian restaurant. That sounded tough when I first read where you were headed.

bubbleblower
12-11-2012, 10:20 PM
What a huge win for your first week! Good luck on your WI tomorrow but I don't think you'll need it!

Thanks! I'll keep y'all posted!

BubbleBlower, great job at the Italian restaurant. That sounded tough when I first read where you were headed.

Yeah, at first I thought we were just going to do carry-out, which would have been easier! The restaurant has a 'cafe' area with a bar, separate from the main dining room, and we ate there. Everyone around me was sipping glasses of wine. I don't think I've ever sat at a bar and ordered tea! :lol: At least the weather has turned cold so I was chilled enough to actually rather enjoy the tea!

rainbowsmiles
12-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks for making me look Rainbow! I am a sucker for shoes and handbags. Anyway, a lot of people I work with wear Alegria. I just saw a Debra slip-on, brown w/ embossed rose design that are adorable!!! I am going to wait as as long as I can to get new shoes for work though.

http://www.alegriashoeshop.com/
thats where i order from....they are less expensive that the www.alegriashoes.com store

i love the clogs, carina, porto, and feliz!!

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 10:37 PM
thats where i order from....they are less expensive that the www.alegriashoes.com store

Gah....MUST....HAVE....SHOES....

AnnaBoBanna
12-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I have plenty of shoes that are too big now! My hands, wrists, and fingers shrunk too!

LizRR
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
:wave: hi diva!!
:wave: hi liz!!!!!!!!!!

IPDivaJen & LizRR- glad you are checking in. It's strange not seeing you both post everyday anymore.

midnight lurker here! Things are crazy lately, and especially with the holidays coming around...I miss staying up on the boards, hopefully things will settle a little more. I think Santa is getting me a new laptop...I am not 100% crazy about using the iPad to post...let alone my phone! Have a great night everyone, did a bootcamp class tonight and running a 7-mile hill course tomorrow morning, it's such a blessing to be able to Move Your Body! Wishing everyone good health!

NinjaNurse
12-11-2012, 11:58 PM

Awesome job!! But your salad sounds so good anyway, I am drooling!! Best of luck for a fab weigh-in tomorrow.

JODIO
12-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Question about the unlimited lettuce...
Can you put anything on it?? Sounds very unappealing, just plain... :P

NinjaNurse
12-12-2012, 12:15 AM

Enabler.:s:

lisa32989
12-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Question about the unlimited lettuce...
Can you put anything on it?? Sounds very unappealing, just plain... :P

Yup! Walden Farms 0/0/0 dressings, homemade dressings (search threads), lemon juice, apple cider vinegar. A friend of mine even grills hers!

I wasn't much of a salad girl back in August. Tastes really do change. I've had my meat and veggies on a bed of lettuce for dinner a LOT lately!