Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #76  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Is this a stupid ??? Has anyone lost weight in their feet?? My Danskos were at perfect fit perfection. The past few days I noticed they were loose. I was wearing the same socks. I also noticed (hard not to when I kept tripping up the stairs) my slippers were falling off my feet.
I have experienced this too! Danskos are so expensive and my favorite shoes!!! At least now it is winter and I can double up on my thick socks.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #77  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Is this a stupid ??? Has anyone lost weight in their feet?? My Danskos were at perfect fit perfection. The past few days I noticed they were loose. I was wearing the same socks. I also noticed (hard not to when I kept tripping up the stairs) my slippers were falling off my feet.
Yup!!! My feet are not as wide as they were - and there are shoes I couldn't squeeze into before that are almost fitting! I think it's because of two things:

- we are losing fat EVERYWHERE - we only measure the major areas but the fat is all over the place - even the tops of our feet.

- as we lose weight, there is less pressure on our feet to hold us up. Feet flatten out and widen if greater pressure is put on them - less pressure means less widening/flattening.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I have experienced this too! Danskos are so expensive and my favorite shoes!!! At least now it is winter and I can double up on my thick socks.
Amen!! I almost threw a lot of mine away!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yup!!! My feet are not as wide as they were - and there are shoes I couldn't squeeze into before that are almost fitting! I think it's because of two things:

- we are losing fat EVERYWHERE - we only measure the major areas but the fat is all over the place - even the tops of our feet.

- as we lose weight, there is less pressure on our feet to hold us up. Feet flatten out and widen if greater pressure is put on them - less pressure means less widening/flattening.
Let's all pray to the fat removal god makes my calves thin. I saw a pair of boots I LOVE and I know they won't love my calves!!

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 12-11-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Everyone.

I haven't posted on the daily thread before. I started IP using alternatives on 9/6/12 (almost 14 weeks) and have lost 43 pounds. The first week was really rough because it caused a minor fibromyalgia flare-up. Since then, I've been doing OK fibromyalgia-wise other than being very sleepy pretty early in the evening and having a bit of an increase in neck muscle pain and associated headaches.

I have been pretty well on plan (even 100% on Thanksgiving!), with the exception of adding a 4th item on days when I've been super hungry or fatigued (maybe once or twice a week). In the last week and a half, I have been incredibly hungry. I've been trying to avoid adding the 4th packet (especially restricted items). I've tried adding extra water veggies instead (peppers or pea pods or cucumbers), but I'm still as hungry as ever. My weight loss has slowed too, which I mentally expected but am sad to actually see happen. I know my TOM is contributing some to all of this. But, I guess I just need some encouragement that this will get better or that someone further along than me went through this too.

On top of this, Sunday night I managed to strain/sprain my sacroiliac joint putting a shirt in the dryer. (I didn't even know that was possible.) It is super painful to turn over in bed or to stand up or get in/out of the car. So, I am laid up with ice packs and heating pads. Ugh!!!! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #81  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, Everyone.

I haven't posted on the daily thread before. I started IP using alternatives on 9/6/12 (almost 14 weeks) and have lost 43 pounds. The first week was really rough because it caused a minor fibromyalgia flare-up. Since then, I've been doing OK fibromyalgia-wise other than being very sleepy pretty early in the evening and having a bit of an increase in neck muscle pain and associated headaches.

I have been pretty well on plan (even 100% on Thanksgiving!), with the exception of adding a 4th item on days when I've been super hungry or fatigued (maybe once or twice a week). In the last week and a half, I have been incredibly hungry. I've been trying to avoid adding the 4th packet (especially restricted items). I've tried adding extra water veggies instead (peppers or pea pods or cucumbers), but I'm still as hungry as ever. My weight loss has slowed too, which I mentally expected but am sad to actually see happen. I know my TOM is contributing some to all of this. But, I guess I just need some encouragement that this will get better or that someone further along than me went through this too.

On top of this, Sunday night I managed to strain/sprain my sacroiliac joint putting a shirt in the dryer. (I didn't even know that was possible.) It is super painful to turn over in bed or to stand up or get in/out of the car. So, I am laid up with ice packs and heating pads. Ugh!!!! Thanks in advance.
Often times the big hungry days are followed by a WHOOSH! Sounds to me like you are dealing with things amazingly well! Remember the unlimited lettuce too. That SAVED me many many many times.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #82  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

ditto on the shoes...i went down 1/2 size already!! mostly in width but most of my shoes are slip one like clogs so its not a problem. i love alegria shoes!!!! they are my new addiction!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #83  
Reboot 9/2014

FutureFitChick - there must be something in the air because SEVERAL of us have posted about bad cases of the hungries in the last few weeks! I really do wonder if it has to do with winter coming, and some old instincts to "bulk up" for the cold weather kicking in. I am going to blame it on the seasonal change

RE: slowing weight loss, it's hard to say what is going on without knowing what you mean by slowing - do you mean multiple weeks of 1lb or less? If you're still hitting 2lbs or more, that's not anything to worry about - that is actually coming out to be more of the norm. Lisa posted that her coach just got all the new literature from IP corporate and they are getting rid of the "3-7lb per week" claim.

For me, I've been making good use of the unlimited lettuce - I may be sick of salad by the time I'm done, but it's getting me through for now! I don't know if it would have a big effect, but the peapods are a restricted veggie (1 cup twice per week) so maybe watch how often you fall back on those. Slowing will happen as your body adjusts to its new weight, I had my first ZERO loss week, but the following week dropped 3.2lbs. It all evens out in the end
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #84  

Thanks for making me look Rainbow! I am a sucker for shoes and handbags. Anyway, a lot of people I work with wear Alegria. I just saw a Debra slip-on, brown w/ embossed rose design that are adorable!!! I am going to wait as as long as I can to get new shoes for work though.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #85  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi, Everyone.

congrats on your success!
You didn't say anything about why you've been trying to avoid the 4th packet. 43 lbs in 14 weeks is over 3 lbs/ week so there really isn't any reason to avoid the 4th packet.

Weight loss is going to slow closer to goal. In addition, you might want to do some reading about leptin resistance. It might explain the increased hunger, altho there are also neurotransmitters that can get thrown out of whack on a highly restrictive diet that can cause the increased hunger, as well.
With female hormones adding to the equation, it just sucks!

I totally understand SI pain. My SI joint doesn't move correctly so I hurt my back on a regular basis, overtaxing muscles and connective tissues that are trying to do the work a moving joint should be doing. Altho heat feels good, ice heals it faster!

Hang in there. The weight will come off. And know that with this injury comes inflammation: water weight. Be patient. It isn't fat.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #86  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Well, I've officially made it through my first week! My first weigh in is tomorrow morning ... the moment of truth! (or first one of many, at least!).

The second day of the week was tough for me, with a massive headache that just wouldn't quit. Since then I've been feeling amazingly good, and haven't really been tempted to cheat. The one challenge was tonight. We were out and my husband decided he wanted to stop by the local Italian restaurant for dinner. (Thankfully due to earlier threads relating to what to eat at Italian restaurants I was pretty well prepared! ) Still it was a little difficult to stay 100% OP, but I did! No glass of chianti, no pasta, no garlic bread and olive oil. What I did have, though, was a cup of tea and a really wonderful seafood de la mer (romaine piled high along with green peppers, red onions, grilled calamari, grilled shrimp, and a couple of scallops. I asked for oil and vinegar on the side, and then caught myself and asked what kind of vinegar they had. Believe it or not, they actually had apple cider vinegar! The waitress understood I was on a restricted diet and made sure there was nothing extra on my salad. My husband had a big bowl of pasta with mussels in garlic sauce, along with sauteed spinach and garlic bread. I even resisted his offer of a piece of garlic bread, and gave him the olives from my salad (I had forgotten to omit them). Mission accomplished! Lots more weeks to go, but this one is a wrap!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #87  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Well, I've officially made it through my first week! My first weigh in is tomorrow morning ... the moment of truth! (or first one of many, at least!).

The second day of the week was tough for me, with a massive headache that just wouldn't quit. Since then I've been feeling amazingly good, and haven't really been tempted to cheat. The one challenge was tonight. We were out and my husband decided he wanted to stop by the local Italian restaurant for dinner. (Thankfully due to earlier threads relating to what to eat at Italian restaurants I was pretty well prepared! ) Still it was a little difficult to stay 100% OP, but I did! No glass of chianti, no pasta, no garlic bread and olive oil. What I did have, though, was a cup of tea and a really wonderful seafood de la mer (romaine piled high along with green peppers, red onions, grilled calamari, grilled shrimp, and a couple of scallops. I asked for oil and vinegar on the side, and then caught myself and asked what kind of vinegar they had. Believe it or not, they actually had apple cider vinegar! The waitress understood I was on a restricted diet and made sure there was nothing extra on my salad. My husband had a big bowl of pasta with mussels in garlic sauce, along with sauteed spinach and garlic bread. I even resisted his offer of a piece of garlic bread, and gave him the olives from my salad (I had forgotten to omit them). Mission accomplished! Lots more weeks to go, but this one is a wrap!
What a huge win for your first week! Good luck on your WI tomorrow but I don't think you'll need it!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

Scorbett you look amazing !!!!!

nola I hope you feel better !

My WI is usually on a Tuesday but my coach was out so I get to do it tomorrow . I am excited to go. My mom,who just saw me Friday and again on Monday, said she noticed a big difference since Friday. Got to love someone noticing your hard work!

I went to the mall today to get my hair done and had such a craving for the pecan supremes at the cookie company. I think it was just knowing it was down the hall from where I was. When I was finished I just beelined the opposite way and went look at shoes . Always a great fix !!!

ninjanurse I have noticed a difference in my feet too. I have a pair of sandals that go over the instep that I had to help on now just slides in easily.

Love this Journey I am taking with y'all !!!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Thanks, Everyone!

I really appreciate the support and am so glad I posted.

BubbleBlower, great job at the Italian restaurant. That sounded tough when I first read where you were headed.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #90  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
What a huge win for your first week! Good luck on your WI tomorrow but I don't think you'll need it!
Thanks! I'll keep y'all posted!

Quote:

BubbleBlower, great job at the Italian restaurant. That sounded tough when I first read where you were headed.
Yeah, at first I thought we were just going to do carry-out, which would have been easier! The restaurant has a 'cafe' area with a bar, separate from the main dining room, and we ate there. Everyone around me was sipping glasses of wine. I don't think I've ever sat at a bar and ordered tea! At least the weather has turned cold so I was chilled enough to actually rather enjoy the tea!
Closed Thread