Ideal Protein Diet - Ideal Protein Daily Chat Thursday 12/6/2012

lisa32989
12-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

sonyainva
12-06-2012, 07:53 AM
good morning everyone

did turbo fire's stretch 40 class this am, so happy, lots of stretching and yoga

jampooh congrats on the 6 pounds!

read yesterday's weigh in and was impressed with all the numbers.

i officially lost 0 pounds yesterday, so i have gotten ip's journal and going back to the building blocks. making sure i forget nothing

scorbett, thank you for showing how to reply to multiple folks at the same time

ragdoll74
12-06-2012, 08:28 AM
lisa- read yesterdays thread about the shopping trip and fitting into a size 16. Awesome!!!!

Shedit
12-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Good morning all. WI yesterday -3. Still feeling well. Sonya I have faith that your body will respond and admire your determination. Keep up the great job and have a super day everyone.

Kay2012
12-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Week 12 WI today, down 2.4 lbs. I'm so excited because I'm in the 170's. it's hard to believe that it's been 12 weeks. Hope everyone has a great day.

sahmmommy2
12-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Week 12 WI today, down 2.4 lbs. I'm so excited because I'm in the 170's. it's hard to believe that it's been 12 weeks. Hope everyone has a great day.

Yay! Way to go! I noticed we have similar stats and start. Really looking forward to starting over in 2013 with most of this weight gone, how about you?

good morning everyone

did turbo fire's stretch 40 class this am, so happy, lots of stretching and yoga

i officially lost 0 pounds yesterday, so i have gotten ip's journal and going back to the building blocks. making sure i forget nothing

I LOVE doing a little light exercise. It really helps me focus and keep going on the diet. I also find it helps with my mood and hunger levels. I'm sure your body is changing even though the scale registered 0. I find I get stuck at the same weight for several days and then whoosh, off it comes! Hoping the whoosh fairy visits you:)

Roo2
12-06-2012, 09:23 AM
:)Good Morning Ladies-
hard to imagine how much things have changed in less than 6 months.
I think for me the hardest part was to make a commitment to lose the weight.
Once I said it out loud and then claimed it -there was no turning back.
I have never been a joiner of sorts but once I make a commitment I feel obligated to see it through.
Never imagined I would have to watch every morsel that entered my mouth and make sure it was OP.
Santa please reward me cuz I have tried to me really good, not perfect but good!
Have a Great Day Ladies! Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

maezy1
12-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Well today is a new day for me.I have finally come to terms with the impending knee surgery. All OP all the way.
NSV - I bought a pair of size 16W jeans when i started in October hoping that they would fit by Easter. They fit today!!!!! I started out as a size 22W...go me!!!
CONGRATS to all on the weight loss. Taking this journey with others makes it so much easier. Everyone understands!

scorbett1103
12-06-2012, 09:59 AM
good morning everyone

You're welcome! Don't be discouraged by the 0 loss (I just had one of those myself) - you just added back a lot of exercise into your routine, so you may very well see a slowdown in losses. Especially if you are increasing muscle mass, muscle weighs more than fat :)

Great job!

Well today is a new day for me.I have finally come to terms with the impending knee surgery. All OP all the way.
NSV - I bought a pair of size 16W jeans when i started in October hoping that they would fit by Easter. They fit today!!!!! I started out as a size 22W...go me!!!
CONGRATS to all on the weight loss. Taking this journey with others makes it so much easier. Everyone understands!

Awesome NSV! And good luck on the surgery!

Butterfly4Life
12-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone. Love this thread. I'm new to the site. Have been in IP for past 5 weeks. I have lost 16 pounds. It has been slow the past 2 weeks and I was getting discouraged today then I discovered this site. Thanks

Porthardygurl
12-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Good Early Morning...

Down 1.0 pound today..yay!!

Thats all the good news i have for the day...

Hasta Manana Amigas/Amigos

benice
12-06-2012, 10:48 AM
'Mornin' IP'ers! Rain here has finally stopped and its back to typical overcast SF weather. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for contributing to this community. I only pop in once in a while to say something, but I do read daily and find it helpful in staying on track.

Speaking of which, someone above mentioned a no-loss. This week I had a small gain. While there were some planned cheats over the weekend, prior to that I'd lost a pound or two. There were certainly not enough cheats to overcome that loss. I think that adding back my weight training sessions has caused me to retain more water than usual. I had a hard workout on Th and one on Sat. After that last session, I gained and never got it off. Yesterday and the day before I made it my mission to drink a ton of water and tea and I'm down a pound. So, your 0 loss actually could be water weight. Also, I've been losing inches even though I gained a bit of weight (lots of closet shopping for me!). So, don't be discouraged!!

Nitney72
12-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Butterfly- I'm similar- I've been on for about 6 weeks and the results are just incredible. I have had moments of weakness but I get back on the green bus and all is well. I've never done a diet before and this certainly has been an experience. I lost .8 at my last weigh in- I wanted to say ONLY there but I won't do it. A loss is a loss! I am going to weigh in tonight- I feel really good and my clothes are falling off me! My body has changed a lot and I can't wait to start yoga when my coach gives me the green light.

This site has been great for me- I look at pictures, read stories and know I'm not alone. Everything I put in my mouth has an impact. I need to be diligent and focus on what I'm doing.

maezy1
12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone. Love this thread. I'm new to the site. Have been in IP for past 5 weeks. I have lost 16 pounds. It has been slow the past 2 weeks and I was getting discouraged today then I discovered this site. Thanks

Welcome Butterfly!!! you will get so much support here! come back often and post often.

Kay2012
12-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Yay! Way to go! I noticed we have similar stats and start. Really looking forward to starting over in 2013 with most of this weight gone, how about you?

Me, too. 2013 is going to be an amazing year.

NinjaNurse
12-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Good Morning all!! I am looking forward to an afternoon with my daughter. OMG LOVE HER. She just spent 10mins at least laughing because her Elf on the Shelf was hanging from our pots and pans rack. I am not an overly religious person, but I know God truly blessed my 50yr old self and 49yr old husband with the most precious gift of all, our daughter. We are going out later to find some kind of Christmas craft to do together.

WI today. 3lbs gone, 3/4 inch total. Inches aren't coming off that fast but I am thrilled. I decided I liked a different coach now, the one I saw today. I have had the best losses when she weighs me in.:dizzy: I did tell her I was in a size smaller jeans................crickets, but who cares at this point. I feel great. (Although I do feel PMS bloaty.)

I "Splurged" with an attempt at Butterscotch pancakes not muffins, I was in a hurry. Do not try this at home!!:nono: I cover it with WF choco sauce and it was edible. Love the choco sauce!!!

4lbs till Christmas!!

LizRR
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Hey IPeeps! Today is my day off work, got my 6.5mile run this morning and feel great! I did a different 7-mile hill course yesterday that was challenging, looking foorward to the Dallas half marathon Sunday.

A ton of Christmas shopping needs to magically happen! This is the last day of my sons speech therapy for the 5 week break, it will be nice to get 4 hours back in the day! Keep it OP everyone!

BushyTailed
12-06-2012, 12:32 PM
:)Good Morning Ladies-
hard to imagine how much things have changed in less than 6 months.
I think for me the hardest part was to make a commitment to lose the weight.
Once I said it out loud and then claimed it -there was no turning back.
I have never been a joiner of sorts but once I make a commitment I feel obligated to see it through.
Never imagined I would have to watch every morsel that entered my mouth and make sure it was OP.
Santa please reward me cuz I have tried to me really good, not perfect but good!
Have a Great Day Ladies! Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Roo2: Great stats, and congratulations!

Maezy, I'm sorry about all your knee problems. I'm amazed and impressed that you havent' let it get you down -- or off your diet. 3 sizes down!!!! And months early!! Good for you!

Butterfly, I'm new, too, both to the diet and to this website. I'm making sure I read it everyday and try to post daily, too. It both motivates me and makes me feel accountable. 16 pounds is great!! I'm a slow loser, probably because I've been on so many diets. But I'm so happy with the IP diet!

Hey IPeeps! Today is my day off work, got my 6.5mile run this morning and feel great! I did a different 7-mile hill course yesterday that was challenging, looking foorward to the Dallas half marathon Sunday.

6.5 mile run? I'm impressed!! Love your photos -- you look great!

Wish I could post more replies, but I'm running late. Best day ever to everyone!

rofl306
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Good morning all!

I went through my closet last night. I am out of smaller clothes to move in to. So I found some $8 jeans at Wal-Mart and bought size 10 and 8 in them. The 10s I could get away with now, if I had too. They would be a good reminder not to eat. LOL At least they will give me something to wear and give me time to find things I like better.

We finally have sunshine!! Yippee!! That means it is colder (-17C or 2F) but sunshine is so nice!
Have a GREAT day!

Hgamroth
12-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Good Morning all!! I am looking forward to an afternoon with my daughter. OMG LOVE HER. She just spent 10mins at least laughing because her Elf on the Shelf was hanging from our pots and pans rack. I am not an overly religious person, but I know God truly blessed my 50yr old self and 49yr old husband with the most precious gift of all, our daughter. We are going out later to find some kind of Christmas craft to do together.

WI today. 3lbs gone, 3/4 inch total. Inches aren't coming off that fast but I am thrilled. I decided I liked a different coach now, the one I saw today. I have had the best losses when she weighs me in.:dizzy: I did tell her I was in a size smaller jeans................crickets, but who cares at this point. I feel great. (Although I do feel PMS bloaty.)

I "Splurged" with an attempt at Butterscotch pancakes not muffins, I was in a hurry. Do not try this at home!!:nono: I cover it with WF choco sauce and it was edible. Love the choco sauce!!!

4lbs till Christmas!!

Love Elf on the Shelf!!! Ours decided to put the kids' underwear in the Christmas tree. :)

benice
12-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I had no idea about this elf on the shelf! I just googled it and was delighted. So fun!

Andi90
12-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, today was my 10th weigh -in and I am down 3 more pounds. This program really works!

Suchawittygal
12-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone! I'm back from rainy SF and happy to be home in the southland again. Well, I did really good and am very proud of myself. I at a lot of salads and steaks/short ribs. The only thing that really messed me up was the salad dressings (mostly ceasar salads), but all-in-all, pretty good. I weigh-in tomorrow, I'll be happy if I didn't gain. I don't anticipate anymore travel until the end of the year. Yay!

Lareena
12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Day 6 back on plan and I had my first test last night, I am part of a service club that adopts 20 families in need at Christmas time. The evening consisted of Wrapping gifts and lots of visiting along with all the pizza and beer your heart desired... I did not give in and was not even tempted. I focused on the reasons I was really there. The gift of giving and also visiting with really great people.
BTW.... Gift wrapping for 20 families is quite the workout, strange but I am a little sore this morning.

Alma4343
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Thank goodness it is almost Friday! good morning Ipeeps. Looks like everyone is doing so well here. My weigh in is tomorrow and I am nervous and excited. Still amazed I feel excited to Weigh in these days.

That elf on the shelf is great. My friend had one zip lining from the Christmas tree the other day. Those elves are very clever.

4lbs till Christmas!!

Congrats on your weight loss. It is so nice to hear how much you enjoy your daughter. What a blessing!

WooHOOOO

:carrot::carrot:

Good morning all. WI yesterday -3. Still feeling well. Sonya I have faith that your body will respond and admire your determination. Keep up the great job and have a super day everyone.

EXCELLENT! negative 3 is GREAT!:carrot:

OMG, that means you are almost out of the "w" sizes. GREAT.
:hug:

Welcome!

Good Early Morning...

Down 1.0 pound today..yay!!

Thats all the good news i have for the day...

Hasta Manana Amigas/Amigos

DOWN, that is great. Keep going. :carrot:

LizRR
12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
About to leave to get my son for his 2nd therapy session today - Thursdays were always busy as he had his morning 2.5 hour therapy across town and this 1 hour session. But this one is at home, he is actually at preschool for only 2.5 hours between sessions for lunch & nap - poor kid...I think we are both looking forward to the holiday break! But on the upside the last few weeks of intense therapy have been wonderful! Allright - off to get my kisses - have a great Thursday everyone!

I went through my closet last night. I am out of smaller clothes to move in to. So I found some $8 jeans at Wal-Mart and bought size 10 and 8 in them. The 10s I could get away with now, if I had too. They would be a good reminder not to eat. LOL At least they will give me something to wear and give me time to find things I like better.

Congrats on the downsizing!!! Smart to stock up when you find the low prices, the hidden cost of IP is the constant wardrobe changes!

Ahhhh....sounds like a fun day for the both of you! These little people bring such joy - have a great time!!!

Hello everyone! I'm back from rainy SF and happy to be home in the southland again. Well, I did really good and am very proud of myself. I at a lot of salads and steaks/short ribs. The only thing that really messed me up was the salad dressings (mostly ceasar salads), but all-in-all, pretty good. I weigh-in tomorrow, I'll be happy if I didn't gain. I don't anticipate anymore travel until the end of the year. Yay!

Sounds like you did great - I actually went on travel week 3 of IP and had to unexpectedly go on Phase 2 then when I had brought packets for 2 days and it got extended to a 5-day trip when I was out there! We can't always be 'perfect' and can only control what we can - just try to work with what you have!

Day 6 back on plan and I had my first test last night, I am part of a service club that adopts 20 families in need at Christmas time. The evening consisted of Wrapping gifts and lots of visiting along with all the pizza and beer your heart desired... I did not give in and was not even tempted. I focused on the reasons I was really there. The gift of giving and also visiting with really great people.
BTW.... Gift wrapping for 20 families is quite the workout, strange but I am a little sore this morning.

What a wonderful club - and that is great to focus on the reason for being there is giving back, visiting, and WRAPPING. LOL, I bet you got a goooood workout!

Sorry to hear about your surgery, but very happy to hear about your downsizing!!!

Hgamroth
12-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Aaaaaaaaaa! Getting ready to go in for my 2nd big presentation his week! Soooooooo nervous! I am good with kids but presenting in front of a panel of teachers is nerve wracking!!!!

I was in a training yesterday and went out to lunch. I got a salad with dressing on the side but think they tossed it in something. I wolfed it down in the short time I had to eat. I am back to a phase 1 day today just in case it was. The good news is it was very easy to go to a phase 1 after eating those yummy phase 3 breakfasts! I am feeling a bit more confident that maintenance will be doable. :)

Shedit
12-06-2012, 05:54 PM
All of you are VERY inspiring. THANK YOU!

sonyainva
12-06-2012, 05:56 PM

A ton of Christmas shopping needs to magically happen! This is the last day of my sons speech therapy for the 5 week break, it will be nice to get 4 hours back in the day! Keep it OP everyone!

Liz all the best for your half marathon.

4lbs till Christmas!!

Congrats on the 3 pound loss, kids are indeed a blessing

Well, today was my 10th weigh -in and I am down 3 more pounds. This program really works!

3 pounds is great!

You did great, I hear wf has individual salad dressings. Though I don't like any of there dressings :o

Keep it up everyone

smjohnso69
12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Two weeks in and 11.5 lbs & 10 inches off :) Finally tried the kale chips tonight. They are wonderful!! Thank all of you for posting so many wonderful recipes here. It makes sticking to the program so much easier.

NinjaNurse
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=LizRR;4549706]About to leave to get my son for his 2nd therapy session today - Thursdays were always busy as he had his morning 2.5 hour therapy across town and this 1 hour session. But this one is at home, he is actually at preschool for only 2.5 hours between sessions for lunch & nap - poor kid...I think we are both looking forward to the holiday break! But on the upside the last few weeks of intense therapy have been wonderful! Allright - off to get my kisses - have a great Thursday everyone!

I love your new avatar!! Very inspiring!!!!!!!!

Shedit
12-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Butterfly- I'm similar- I've been on for about 6 weeks and the results are just incredible. I have had moments of weakness but I get back on the green bus and all is well. I've never done a diet before and this certainly has been an experience. I lost .8 at my last weigh in- I wanted to say ONLY there but I won't do it. A loss is a loss! I am going to weigh in tonight- I feel really good and my clothes are falling off me! My body has changed a lot and I can't wait to start yoga when my coach gives me the green light.

This site has been great for me- I look at pictures, read stories and know I'm not alone. Everything I put in my mouth has an impact. I need to be diligent and focus on what I'm doing.

Love the concept of getting back on that bus...thanks and keep going!

Hgamroth
12-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Good morning all!

We finally have sunshine!! Yippee!! That means it is colder (-17C or 2F) but sunshine is so nice!
Have a GREAT day!

This made me giggle. Maybe I need to get size 8 jeans for the same reason...remind me not to eat. LOL

rofl306
12-06-2012, 08:46 PM
This made me giggle. Maybe I need to get size 8 jeans for the same reason...remind me not to eat. LOL

Holly you look amazing! I love your new pic!

Hgamroth
12-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Holly you look amazing! I love your new pic!

Thank you. The shirt is what makes me "look" skinnier than I am. It has a tight cinched waist to hold my loose skin tighter. :) I need a shirt like this in EVERY color possible. :D

scorbett1103
12-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Love Elf on the Shelf!!! Ours decided to put the kids' underwear in the Christmas tree. :)

ROFL!!! This is our first year with an Elf, so we haven't gotten too creative with the hiding yet - we are lucky to remember that he has to move every night! I am sure our elf will get more mischievous as time goes on.

Great job!!!

Today was a busy day, lots of errands, baking for orders this weekend, almost forgetting that my kindergartener's class was singing at the afternoon assembly and we could come to watch, more errands, then quickie dinner and PTO meeting. I did manage to throw together this IP-friendly skillet chicken chili dish, the kids and hubby had it over rice and I had it mixed with a cup of cauliflower rice - very filling and super fast!

Skillet Chicken chili:

1.5lb ground chicken, turkey or beef (for 3 8oz servings)
2 cups chopped bell peppers (any color)
1 can Diced Tomato (about 2 cups)
3/4 cup Walden Farms Ketchup
1.5 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Onion powder
1/2 Tbsp Oregano
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Kosher salt

Brown the ground meat in a skillet. Drain if needed. Add peppers, Tomato, ketchup, and all spices. Cook on medium high heat until simmering, then turn down to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until peppers are tender and sauce has thickened. Divide into 3 portions. Serve over 1 cup cauli-rice.

With Cauli-rice, one serving is 8oz meat protein, 2 1/3 cups veggies (includes 2/3 cup serving of restricted veggie).

Beck81
12-06-2012, 09:43 PM
ROFL!!! This is our first year with an Elf, so we haven't gotten too creative with the hiding yet - we are lucky to remember that he has to move every night! I am sure our elf will get more mischievous as time goes on.

Great job!!!

Today was a busy day, lots of errands, baking for orders this weekend, almost forgetting that my kindergartener's class was singing at the afternoon assembly and we could come to watch, more errands, then quickie dinner and PTO meeting. I did manage to throw together this IP-friendly skillet chicken chili dish, the kids and hubby had it over rice and I had it mixed with a cup of cauliflower rice - very filling and super fast!

Skillet Chicken chili:

1.5lb ground chicken, turkey or beef (for 3 8oz servings)
2 cups chopped bell peppers (any color)
1 can Diced Tomato (about 2 cups)
3/4 cup Walden Farms Ketchup
1.5 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Onion powder
1/2 Tbsp Oregano
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp Kosher salt

Brown the ground meat in a skillet. Drain if needed. Add peppers, Tomato, ketchup, and all spices. Cook on medium high heat until simmering, then turn down to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until peppers are tender and sauce has thickened. Divide into 3 portions. Serve over 1 cup cauli-rice.

With Cauli-rice, one serving is 8oz meat protein, 2 1/3 cups veggies (includes 2/3 cup serving of restricted veggie).

Oooh, Scorbett chili sounds great with the colder weather. Thanks!

Hgamroth
12-06-2012, 10:05 PM

I think my husband and I are enjoying the Elf as much as the kids. Tonight he drew a mustache on the kids' school pictures. hehehe