Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Thread Friday 11/16/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Well, today starts my first day on phase 2. I've lost 41 pounds and 29 inches!! I was 100% OP the entire time...planning has definately been key. What a journey...but I've learned a lot along the way about myself, and I know that i'll continue to learn much more as I phase off. I'm nervous...but here's to phase 2!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #3  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning from sunny but COLD northern MI! Congratulations fitgirl2012! I am beginning P2 tomorrow. I have not quite reached my goal, but had a lengthy discussion with my coach yesterday at WI, and we decided it was time for me to go to the next step. She said I can stay on P2 as long as I want to, so will play it by ear. I think I set my goal a bit too low, and am very comfortable where I am and believe I can maintain this weight for the long-term. I do hope to lose 3-5 more lbs on P2, but not going to stress about it if I don't.
As I don't post on this thread too often, so want to wish all of you (in the U.S.) a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy, but stay OP!

Last edited by greeniris; 11-16-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning from sunny but COLD northern MI! Congratulations fitgirl2012! I am beginning P2 tomorrow. I have not quite reached my goal, but had a lengthy discussion with my coach yesterday at WI, and we decided it was time for me to go to the next step. She said I can stay on P2 as long as I want to, so will play it by ear. I think I set my goal a bit too low, and am very comfortable where I am and believe I can maintain this weight for the long-term. I do hope to lose 3-5 more lbs on P2, but not going to stress about it if I don't.
As I don't post on this thread too often, so want to wish all of you (in the U.S.) a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy, but stay OP!
Congrats! You and I had very similar discussions with our coaches! I start phase 2 next week. Keep us posted please! I enjoy seeing your progress pics as you have changed so much. Great Job!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #5  

Good Morning, everyone! I started walking yesterday. I got up this morning and walked with my daughter after I put my son on the bus to school. I really feel good with lots of energy. Before IP, I would walk in the morning and want to crawl back in bed. Not this morning, I feel like I am ready to tackle anything today! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Good morning!

Well, today starts my first day on phase 2. I've lost 41 pounds and 29 inches!! I was 100% OP the entire time...planning has definately been key. What a journey...but I've learned a lot along the way about myself, and I know that i'll continue to learn much more as I phase off. I'm nervous...but here's to phase 2!
Congrats on getting to phase 2! You have done great so far and I'm sure you will continue to do great with phase 2 and beyond!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

hgamroth and fitgirl....Congratulations on making it to P2. You both have done wonderful and are an inspiration.

So glad it is Friday...this week has drug on and on and on for me. Looking forward to getting through next week so we can get into full holiday swing mode. I can't wait to get lights up on the house and get the inside decorated. Just seems so cheerful!

Last night I practiced one of the veggie puree (gravy) recipes that LizRR has posted...it was awesome and is making it's way to my holiday table. I have everything planned out for our family dinner on Thursday...looking forward to the focus not being about the food, but about family.

Hope everyone has a 100% OP day.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Congrats, greeniris and HGA! Keep us posted on how P2 is going for you ladies!

And happy Friday to all!

I have a hard time following my own advice. Whenever someone is on here going stir crazy about their weight fluctuations I tell them not to weigh daily. For a few weeks I was able to hold the daily-weighing monster at bay, but this week I've busted the scale out every day because my TOM is late and I'm paranoid that I will retain extra water on my 'official' weigh-in so I wanted to show myself that it was on a daily trend downward. AND IT WAS. But today it started going up again. Just in time for my official weigh-in tomorrow. Ugh. This was the point in doing it, because I know WHY it's going up, but it seems like every time I've settled into a diet (past 6 weeks or so) I lose almost no weight for a few weeks then have a whoosh right after my period. I know I shouldn't get discouraged by this and it's just the way my body works but it's so frustrating to have almost nothing for a few weeks at a time. But I'm just feeling sorry for myself because I'm hormonal I guess, lol.

What really bothered me was that I was SO CLOSE SO SO CLOSE to my 30 by thanksgiving goal... but tomorrow is my last weigh-in before I travel, so I more than likely won't make it.

Last edited by djs06; 11-16-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

On a whim, tried on some of my old size 14 pants today...AND THEY FIT!!!!! WooHoo They fit way better than I ever remember them fitting. I've went from a size 20 to a size 14 in 6 weeks, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? I can't wait to see how my body changes in the next 6 weeks. I've been so scared to lose the weight, knowing my skin just isn't what it used to be. But you know what, it's really not that bad. I'll always carry some pregnancy baggage, but that's okay. I can never go back to what I looked like when younger, I can only go forward to what I can look like in the future...

Happy Friday Everyone!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 243/211.5/150

I am so happy for you sahmmommy2, fitting back into 14's rocks! I just started exercising to try to firm up some bits and it is going so well. Keep up the positive outlook, it shines through your posts!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #11  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Week 3 of IP and tonight will be a test of my will power, I'm hosting a ladies get together tonight with cake, chips, drinks & my favorite Jello-O Shots.. I'm going to eat my dinner before and save my snack, so I have something to snack on with my friends.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #12  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

had my official weigh in today...despite all the stress i have been under and going hog wild on my bday monday i went down .8 this week...not a big loss but a loss nonetheless so i will take it! yay me!! next week i expect a big drop! happy op day everyone!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #13  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Happy Friday!

Congrats to Fitgirl, Greeniris, and Hgamroth in moving on to Phase 2.

sahmmommy2, Awesome NSV with the pants. What a great feeling!

I'd like to report that I'm moving on to Phase 4 (!) tomorrow. A wee bit scary but I'm looking forward to it. IP and you all here on 3FC have taught me so much. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Hi everyone!
Congrats to all moving to Phase 2 and Phase 4! I have a long, long way to go but every person I hear moving forward inspires me!

I am fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear, already! I am so excited about this. I've been going into work all cute every day with my new expanded choices. I have been hoarding clothes in the next 3 sizes down for a couple of years (major clearance sales at Lane Bryant for example) so I have enough really cute things to last me for a while!

As of today, 34 pounds down, but my official weigh-in day isn't until tomorrow so I won't change my sig until then. I am trying not to weigh every day--but it recommends in Beck Diet Solution that I do so--so I'm not sure which to follow! Has anyone else read that book?

Yesterday was a bad hungry day. Mostly because I didn't feel good. I always want to recover quicker than I really can (from my surgery 2 weeks ago this time). I ended up having a lettuce-wrapped sub and it had mayo on it. Not the best choice. But better than having eaten any extra carbs. Sigh.

Today is better though!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Morning! Woke up to a balmy -24 at the house brrrrr Feeling good today but haven't been drinking all my water this week. I am hoping for a 2 lb. loss this week to hit my 20 mark, THAT would be awsome for Thanksgiving! Lots of stress going on at the home front too, so we will see how it goes.

Congrats to everyone on their achievements!!
Closed Thread