WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters Talk Turkey

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters Talk Turkey

Tina
11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi all,
Yes, I got a little crazy with our title....:D

I hope Hurricane Sandy did not do much, if any, damage to your homes.
Those of us on the Gulf coast are all aware of what is going on. (I can't count the number of hurricanes that I've been through.)

If you are new here, please come in and stay for great information and fun!

I am having a stuck metabolism these days. I read that cold water helps and so I'm drinking lots and lots of the stuff today. Yuck! :)

:flow2:

mandydawn77
11-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I haven't touched the candy since Halloween, but I sure didn't like what the scales had to say this morning. I'm back up to 263! My goal is to get to 250 by December 1st.

Happy Friday everyone!

Tina
11-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Mandy, good for you, not touching the candy anymore. Lots of things can make the scales go up. Be sure to up your water this week. :hug:

Everyone have a great weekend.

:flow1:

maureen kempster
11-04-2012, 07:22 AM
good morning all
I have been popping by but we've been so busy at work - we had our semi annual awards dinner last night and I had to organize it- the travel and hotels for all our employees from across the country-the seating arrangement photographer etc - it's a formal affair that we hold at the Army Officers' Mess- everyone looks great - the ladies in their formals and the men in their tux's! but it's a great relief that it's over until we have the next one in April!!

let's all relax today and enjoy -

Tina
11-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Good morning,
Wow, I'm tired today and have lots of cleaning to do. Maybe I should just go to the gym.
We voted early so I am done with that.

Maureen, you had a big job and, I'm sure, did it well. What did you wear?????

Mandy, how are you doing today?

Everyone else, we'd love to hear from you.

VOTE

Tina
11-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Good morning,

Okay friends. Let's get out there and exercise today.

:)

Tina
11-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi all,

How is everyone up north? I hope the snow storm hasn't knockd out power.

Sis, I hope you are okay.

I'd like to hear from everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I need to get myself in gear and exercise more. This weekend, we will get our exercise bike out of storage. (It's been there since we moved.) If I can't get out to walk, I can go into then I will be able to go into the garage to "bike." :lol:

Take care

maureen kempster
11-10-2012, 07:35 PM
good evening everyone

I hope everyone is having a warm and relaxing saturday-one more week and I'll be moving - and please, please, please let this be the last move for a long time!!!! hopefully someday I'll feel at home somewhere - but I'm beginning to think I've missed the boat on that one-I get the keys to the apartment tomorrow and will bring pictures etc over - I'm tired just thinking of moving

well have a good rest of the night

maureen

Tina
11-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Oh Maureen, I know you are tired of moving! :hug:
Let us see your photos and send me your new address. Would you believe, I just bought Christmas cards.

Tina
11-12-2012, 09:22 AM
?

maureen kempster
11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Hello all

got the keys to the apartment I'm moving to on Saturday. I guess I'll drop off wall pictures/mirrors etc

I wish I could get into the eating properly mode!!!

How's everyone's Monday so far? Busy at work - you know I thought at my age I'd be retired or at least slowing down but it feels like I'm working twice as hard as I ever was!! I guess I'm lucky though

hope we all have a good rest of the day

Maureen

Tina
11-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Hi all,
Mandy, how are you doing??? :hug:

Sis, I hope your house is coming along okay.

jeanne, Susan, Dori...we miss y'all.

Maureen, that is so exciting about the apartment. When do you think it'll be time to retire? :)

I had to wait around all morning for an exterminator. Fun! Tomorrow I really need to exercise. I guess I will do it in the grocery stores. :)

Tina
11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Maureen, I know you are ready to get into your apartment. Wish I could be there to help---or at least oversee. :lol:
Enjoy the pool and exercise room. When we were in an apt., while looking for the townhouse, I dearly loved the exercise room.

Is everyone having a good day? Hope so!!!!!

Tina
11-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Mo more Hostess products!!!!!
Twinkies will be gone forever--which could be a good thing. I actually had a package of them the other week. It was the first in about 10 years. Still good. I'm glad I had one.
How is everyone doing today???????

Tina
11-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Maureen, take care of that cut finger!!!!!!

:hug:

maureen kempster
11-19-2012, 09:49 AM
good morning all

I made it through the move! I have today off and I'm almost all unpacked. Do any of you have a clothes steamer? I'm thinking of getting one-my clothes are so wrinkled from being packed and wondered if they were as great as everyone says they are.

well I hope we all have a fantastic day will be back later

Tina
11-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi all,
Maureen, I'm glad you are unpacked! No, I don't have one of those steamers. I just put clothes in the bathroom when the shower's been on.

Who all are cooking the Thanksgiving meal this year?
I have a 15 lb. turkey thawing in the frig. :D

:thanks1:

maureen kempster
11-22-2012, 07:02 PM
I know I'm late but I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving

Tina
11-22-2012, 07:31 PM
:thanks1:
Maureen, thank you!
It has been a lot of fun.It's the only time that I see one of my nephew's and his family.
After we stuffed ourselves, we watched our football game--which went into Overtime. We Won. :)

I hope everyone has a great Friday.

Tina
11-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Who got their exercise today by shopping? :lol:
Larry and I went to a park and walked a mile. Then we hit a couple of stores. :)

Maureen, how is that finger?
Susan, I hope you are having fun in SA.
Jeanne, how was your meal?

Sis, we miss you. Hope things are well.
Dori, Mandy, Tammy, hope all is well.

Tina
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
A good Cyber Monday to everyone :dance:
Have a great day and drink your water!

Tina
11-28-2012, 02:38 PM
:lol: :lol: Oh my, I feel like I'm talking just to myself. And, I am! :(:(:(

I know this is not the time of year that we want to think about losing or even maintaining our weight. I am going up and down and down and up. :o

Hopefully, with the end of year coming, we'll all return.
I've heard rumors that WW is changing their style in weekly meetings. I'm not sure if that's true. Some say that it will be more interactive. I am not an interactive person when it comes to meetings. I like to sit there and hear the leader and let her ask us a few questions. However, we will have to wait and see.
Also, there's WW Online!!!!!

See y'all soon---I hope!

maureen kempster
11-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Tina, don't you find that WW is always giving us something new!!! I'm promising myself that I'm going to get cracking and get to the Saturday morning meetings. not this week - I had to get a new couch because they couldn't get my couch into my living room - and they tried!!!!
I'm the same as you-up & down -
I hope everyone is doing well-is everyone ready for Christmas? I've decided to stay in town this year-can't afford to go anywhere-I'll have my brother & his wife & a sister over for dinner either Christmas day or eve or the day after-I'm going to get a real tree too!!!

see you all later

Tina
11-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Maureen, that is funny about the sofa. Oops! It's not good that you had to buy another one!
I envy you getting a real tree! We bought our first fake one last year. We bought a real one the first yr. in the townhouse. It was too hard lugging it up the stairs.
I'm with you...not this Thursday but soon I will go to a meeting. I gave up my eTools because it cost too much.
Have a good day to orrow.

Tina
11-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Maureen, what color couch did you buy?

maureen kempster
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
the couch I bought is very plain - includes the chair- its light beige-in a cotton fabric

Tina
12-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Good morning.
Today's exercise includes putting tje lights up outside. :lol:
We've never done it here. We spent quality time at Walgreens yesterday. ...needed more lights than we had.

Maureen, I'm sure your furniture is very nice.

Everyone have a great day!

maureen kempster
12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
good afternoon everyone

Well, I got my couch and my brother took away the packing boxes - so now I'm really in. I can only hope I stay here for a while- next Saturday morning I want to start going back to WW's meetings. we have one at 9 AM. has anyone ever tried Curves"? I'm just wondering what the exercise is like - there's a Curves centre right near me place. From what I understand it's a 30 minute circuit!!

any way let's all have a great day

maureen

Tina
12-06-2012, 10:44 AM
New Thread Started. Come on Over!