Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/160/135

Height: 5'5

Default Getting back on track after minor setback

So I am down almost 60 lbs and for the past 3 days I have been eating outside what I have been eating to lose the near 60 lbs.

This is strange because I am really closes to onederland and my logic tells me I should be trying harder since I am so close. Am I afraid to be thin? I always associated thin with weak.

Thinking of 3 day cleanse/fast, how do you get back on track when a few lbs have creeped up on you?
BlackBarbieKiss125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

First, lots of congratulations on your success so far! That's amazing. (: I think a lot of us have experienced some kind of "rebellion" when getting close to a goal or a big checkpoint, like you are. It's good you've caught it early on and are thinking about why it's happening!!

However, personally, I would not recommend any kind of fasting/cleansing to get back on track. Of course I can't speak for everyone, and it might help you, but since this is the binge eating board, I'm speaking from that perspective, and after binging, even though it's spectacularly tempting to do so, it's almost always a bad idea to go extreme in restricting food to try and reverse it. Binging behavior tends to be highly triggered by deprivation, and it can easily become a bad cycle. I know it's sooooo hard to do, but personally, I find it's best to just accept what's done as done, then stop beating yourself up about the slip-up and get back to a moderate way of eating, nothing drastic. Whatever damage has been done will be taken care of soon enough- it's better not to risk setting yourself up for more binge behavior.

That's just my personal experience, anyway!

Best of luck to you. To quote my therapist, be kind to yourself. (:
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #3  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Mottainai, I agree, I recently finished Hungry, a memoir, unfortunately I already forgot his name, I think Allen something, that's terrible.

But, he also recommends just getting back to your program on the next meal, otherwise, like you said you're still in a kind of obsessing about food or extreme behavior mode.

Blackbarbiekiss, you're doing great, maybe you just needed a little break, 3 days you can easily recover from, I'm a firm believer in listening to your body, it may be trying to tell you something, you might want to look at if there's some nutrients you're not getting. you'll find your way back you've had great success so far!

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #4  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/127

Height: 5'7"

BlackBarbieKiss125 > How are you doing? Were you able to get back on track?
ToriJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote