Simply Filling/Core - Daily Thread--October 16-31, 2012

View Full Version : Daily Thread--October 16-31, 2012

ontarget
10-16-2012, 01:50 PM
:sklol: New pages.

Hi, friends. I'm home from WI and am down 1.8 this week. One of my friend's is coming in a few minutes to spend the afternoon. We'll be outside in the cool breeze flinging arrows.

Nancy, I hope your son mends quickly and also that all goes well with your sale.

I hope you're all doing well. I'll be back later. Have a great afternoon.

ontarget
10-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Be sure to see Nancy's most recent post.

nancy237
10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks Sandra. I always seem to do my longest posts at the end of a thread.

Well, The buyers terminated the contract today...

I am not really upset, just redoing my calender and plans..
They didn't tell agent why except that the renovations they wanted to do
were going to cost more than they realized..

I am going to keep sorting & still do the yard sale on Sat so I am more ready when it finally does sell. Keeping my grandson Wed-Friday so I think we will do a State Fair day. I love the fair and thought I wouldn't be able to fit it in this year.

I am just out some deposits and a months storage rental fee and the buyer had to pay 400 for the due diligence so that helps cover the costs. Could be worse if I had done a contract to buy on that other house.

Vickie
10-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Nancy, sorry to hear the deal fell through. Don't be surprised when they come back with a lowball offer. It's a common real estate tactic. I have lots of Realtors in my life and hear ALL the stories. Be prepared and decide if you were already at your bottom price.

ontarget
10-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Nancy, that's good advice Vickie's giving. Glad you hadn't signed on a new home. That could have been bad.

I'm thinking of making some oven-fried onion rings. If I do, I'll let you know how they are.

nancy237
10-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Nancy, sorry to hear the deal fell through. Don't be surprised when they come back with a lowball offer. It's a common real estate tactic. I have lots of Realtors in my life and hear ALL the stories. Be prepared and decide if you were already at your bottom price.

That is exactly what I was thinking they may do. I am not in a big hurry so they can take a hike if they do !! They insisted on a 30 day close and then spent 2 weeks doing every inspection possible..

I am fine about staying here longer & continuing to dejunk & organize..

ontarget
10-16-2012, 07:50 PM
:cp: Nancy. You go, girl!

pam920
10-16-2012, 08:50 PM
hey chicks.

Sandra, congrats on your loss. My scale keeps getting higher and higher. Will be so glad to get back to florida.

Nancy, that is just not right to wait until the very last minute to back out. Phooey on them. Great advice Vickie gave you.

See the Dr. next monday for follow up visit and then the following Sunday we leave for Florida. Need to get my house in order. DH is leaving for one last visit and relief for his sisters. He will stay 10 days and give them both a 5 day break so they can go where ever. His one sis has a cabin and the other visits her son in Ohio.

Getting ready for the debates. Have a good evening.

ontarget
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Pam, I hope your follow up goes well. I have been losing the same 5 pounds over and over lately. Hopefully, I can get back into the 170's and break the cycle.

Speaking of breaking the cycle--indoor season begins the first weekend in November. My goal is to be around 175 by then. Right now I am focused and doing well. I did make those oven fried onion rings this evening. They are awesome! I printed the recipe over on the main WW thread under "Appetizers." Check it out if you'd like.

nancy237
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I am thinking about doing a just juice diet for a week.
I feel fat & bloated & icky

Should I do just juice or add in a small amount of protein??

After the move I was planning to focus on my diet & exercise,
so now I am ready to decide a plan..

ontarget
10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Nancy, do what you think is best. We're here to support whatever you decide.

pam920
10-17-2012, 09:12 AM
good morning.

Nancy, I don't think I could do a juice only diet for a week. If you think you can handle it, I don't see what harm it could do.

I am going to try really hard to eat healthy while my husband is gone. I don't eat enough veggies and I miss them.

It's a beautiful day today. Suppose to get up to 80. Love days like this.

Is Rhonda gone? Hope she has a great time in Canada.

nancy237
10-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Has anyone seen the movie

Fat ,Sick and Nearly Dead

Its on Netflix Instant Watch for those that do Netflix.

In a Nutshell the main guy and one of his followers went on a
juice fast for a few months I think.

It was entertaining & inspiring and made me want to try it for a short period.
I could add in some protein if I feel like I needed it..
He lost weight but all his lab numbers improved too.

With me avoiding wheat there isn't much to eat anyway but fruits & veggies.

ontarget
10-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Nancy, that's interesting. Let us know how it goes.

Pam, I've been doing lots of veggies. Loving it!

We're heading up to the Cultural Arts District in Fort Worth. We're having a "date." We want to do something that's not archery-related. :lol:

pam920
10-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Nancy, I went to Netflix and watched the movie. I loved it. Amazing what Joe and Phil have accomplished. I don't know about a complete juice fast, but I am going to read up on micronutrients. Let me know how it goes for you.

Sandra, have fun on our *date*.

ontarget
10-17-2012, 04:55 PM
We had a great time. Saw "To the Arctic" at the Omnimax. We had a delicious lunch. The owner brought us out complimentary seafood gumbo since it was our first time there. I had fried shrimp, green beans, and 2 hush puppies. On the way home we got some dark chocolate covered almonds. We just finished a light dinner. I've used 7 WAP's today, but they were well spent. :hungry: :D

sloanie
10-17-2012, 10:39 PM
We just got back from out visit with DD in Oklahoma City. I am exhausted!!! We ate out every meal, and I thought I had gained a few pounds. Just weighed, and I am still the same. I haven't had time to read any posts. I will try to get caught up tomorrow and say hello to everyone. Glad to be home!

beach bum
10-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a very busy 2 days socializing,Tuesday out with Rosarian friends and Yesterday with my Friend Rita going out with Alice and Mary over the weekend.Than starting this Monday I'm going to a local nursing home to Lead the Rosary.Rita told me it easier to get into the White House than to make a appointment with me.lol!!!

This morning it was Adoration and this afternoon its Choir practice and tomorrow is the Soup Kitchen.Did have to to walk along the beach this past week.

I lost another pound this morning down to 157,hope it stays that way until Saturday.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages,and congrats:carrot: to for your 1.8 weight loss. You're doing great.

NANCY-Sorry about the termination of the contract of your house. There's a reason, don't regret something will come up as a bigger & better deal. Don't got on a juice diet its all full of sugar,and carb that are not burned turns into fat. I rather use a Atkins type of protein shake would be better. Never heard to that movie.

PAM-Hope that your follow up will be fine,and have a safe trip down to Fla.

Have to go and get ready for choir practice.

Vickie
10-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm not going to watch that movie. I'm sure it will only provoke my anxiety and is all about me!

pam920
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
welcome home sloan. Great job not gaining after eating out every day. I'm not eating out and the pounds are piling on.

Maryann, you are one busy lady lately. Congrats on 157. You are doing wonderful.

Vickie, the movie was inspirational. These guys were both quite heavy and it was nice seeing them take control. I wish I could do it.

ontarget
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Sloan, I was wondering where you were. Congrats on not gaining. That's amazing! And I missed you!!

Speaking of "missing." I miss Rhonda.

Maryann, you are a social butterfly for sure. I love it!

Pam, I am afraid I won't have a weightloss next Tuesday. We've eaten out every day this week and will prob continue the rest.

Vickie, you are an amazing woman. I am always encouraged by your posts and love reading and trying your recipes.

My gf was here from 9 till 2:30. We took a lunch break and had cheeseburgers. After all was done, we each shot over 250 arrows. I'm tired. Curtis is, too. He was outside coaching almost all that time with us and with another guy friend. Right now, he's on the phone with another. We're loving all the archery stuff going on around here. Tomorrow we're going fishing. We'll pack a picnic. Should be fun.

ontarget
10-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Just got up from a muchneeded nap. I've also used 12 WAP's today. We enjoyed a fun day outside, but we're all exhausted.

nancy237
10-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Fun, Fun day at the fair with my Grandson.
More tomorrow..

beach bum
10-19-2012, 02:58 PM

Had to work at the soup kitchen this morning. One of the woman made chicken devian and the other brought in wild rice and I brought a tea cake to be served with jello.You wouldn't believe some of the people came back for seconds as they were still hungry.It really touched my heart seeing how people are going hungry up here in Falmouth.

ANY GREAT COOKS out there, I have a dilemma for next months meal. We on the Friday Morning session were told to make mac & cheese with NO MEAT as the cheese is protein.MY supervisor told me to make a veggie casserole to go with the mac &n cheese. I'm thinking that I could put some ground meat in the veggie casserole and say that it came from the sauce or gravy. You have any ideas,how I could sneak the meat in the casserole???? These poor people need some kind of protein .

[B]PAM-Thanks how that I don't burn out down the road as I like doing what I'm doing. I hope that my weight doesn't do a turn around and go upward again.

SANDRA-Thanks,I like being busy as the time goes faster when I busy.Now I have to find time to do house work.

Have to go, have a great afternoon and evening

ontarget
10-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Maryann, try googling for some recipes. I'm sure you can find some good ones to choose from.

Nancy, enjoy your grands.

We went out for burgers again today. Sounds like it's becoming habit forming. Then we went to Braum's for ice cream. Braum's is like Baskin Robbins. Another habit forming.

sloanie
10-19-2012, 08:05 PM
We went to Braum's in Oklahoma City! Yummy!!

ontarget
10-19-2012, 08:34 PM
:lol: Sloan, the owner and founder lives in OK.

nancy237
10-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Getting ready for a yard sale in the morning.. I always think the night before
"never again" but then once it starts and friends stop by with coffee its rather fun. I haven't even priced lots of things, so I plan to get up at 5 and start pricing..I have the little preprinted price stickers , so it won't take long..

It will help clear out lots of stuff and after that my garage and sheds will be
fairly organized..

After 12 we can have lunch and a nap !!
Kinda hoping I don't get a showing until I can get the house cleaner..

ontarget
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Nancy, you sound busy. I hope you had a successful sale.

I'm back op and am feeling great. And here it is October 20 and I'm sunburned again. Loving this weather!

nancy237
10-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Got up at 5am to finish pricing and arranging for yard sale.
A friend stopped by at 8 to help and 2 other friends came buy to
visit. Very successful because I got rid of almost everything I had out.

Then friends stayed and we enjoyed the hot tub, movie, oysters on the grill,
wine and spiced steamed shrimp...Fun evening...

I have a very messy house tonight and an 11 showing tomorrow so I will need to be up by 6 to have the house ready . I am just glad I didn't have a showing today.

ontarget
10-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Nancy, your day was amazing. Makes me smile.

We just got home from Chicken Express. ( I took my lunch.) Everything is deep fried and I can't lose if I eat there. We ate there so we could get food quickly because we have to leave in about 5 minutes to go to a tournament. Fun day!

sloanie
10-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Hey y'all! Just wanted to let you know that I am crazy busy from now til December. Two college classes, Bible study twice a week, still trying to paint once a week, planning niece's bridal shower, and making another wedding cake for Dec 8 wedding. I will be checking in, but I may not be able to post much. By Christmas break, all of that should be done, and I will only be attending one college class once a week. Prayers appreciated!!!

ontarget
10-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Sloan, you are certainly one busy chickie. Prayers coming your way for all to go smoothly.
Did I mention I love your avatar? It's really sweet.

I stayed op all weekend. It's good to be back on track. I won't be going to WW in the am as I'm subbing Tues-Fri this week. This is the last 4 day in a row I'll be doing. I have told them from now on no more than 2 at a time. I'm retired.

Have a marvelous Monday, everyone.

Vickie
10-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Taking Jim to the ENT this morning...the Doctor who did his tongue cancer surgery in 2006 to see if his current problem is a return. Prayers or good thoughts would be much appreciated.

pam920
10-23-2012, 08:51 AM
morning chicks.

Vickie, prayers for Jim. I didn't know he had cancer. How scary for both of you. Positive thoughts.

Sandra, sounds like another busy week for you. Have fun.

sloan, are you a cake decorator? slow down and remember to smell the roses.

My daughter is giving me the works at the salon today to get me ready for Florida. Cut, color, wax. Then I have a lunch date with a friend I met this summer. Not sure where we will go. The place I suggested is closed for the Winter. It's on Lake Cumberland and they are only open during the summer.

I'm not real happy with my stress test results. It's scary having heart disease.

Have a great week chickies.

beach bum
10-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Yesterday & Today's afternoons are going to be dedicated to house work. UGHH!! but I haven't kept up and now it time to get it done before I start gallivanting again.

Rita is not feeling well so our Wed restaurant venture is going to be held over until Fri. Hope she better by then. Mary's is going out with her DD's for her birthday and Alice how knows were she is. On Thursday the choir is going to meet this lady that has been in our choir for along time at the nursing home that I was leading the rosary at. We decided to have our practice in the piano room.

SANDRA-Have lots of cook books to look at and anther woman on another board told me to make a big impossible pie veggie casserole where I can sneak in some meat or adding some beans would do the trick.

VICKIE-I'm putting your DH Jim on my prayer list. Hope everything will be fine.

NANCY-Hope the yard sale is successful,I remember trying to sell my house but my Leo was with me at that time. It must be troublesome selling it alone.

SLOANE-You sound like you're taken over my schedule. Take a breather in between.

PAM-Hope everything will go fine even of your stress test was off.

Have to go,and get my second wash in the machine,have a great day

ontarget
10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Vickie, I had a feeling something was going on. You and Jim are in my prayers.

Pam, I didn't realize you were worried. I was hoping your news was good. You are in my prayers, too. I understand about having heart disease. I have it, too, but am doing really well. I hope you do as well also.

After reading both your posts, I don't feel right complaining about overeating today. In the big scheme of things, being OP isn't all that important. Both of you please let us help you all we can. We're family here.

Maryann, let us know what you decide to cook.

ontarget
10-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I had a meltdown yesterday afternoon. Today I will do better. I'm not sure what triggered it. Probably just my love of food. Problem is I still love it. I commit to ya'll that I will do better today.

Good morning. I'm at school and am excited I'll be able to get on here off and on. I need ya'll.

Vickie
10-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. You are all good friends. The Doctor was cautiously optimistic that the mouthguard that Jim has been wearing is helping. He wants Jim to come back in 4 months for him to check it again. Jim didn't fall into the risk categories for the tongue cancer the first time so the Doc doesn't want to take any chances. He'd been cancer free for 5 years but it came back in the same spot. Sigh. I took Jim out for fried chicken comfort food after the appointment. I ordered lasagna and a meatball but the food was not good to me and I barely ate anything and I didn't eat dinner. I was alternating between hungry and nauseous. I think I was having let down upset stomach.

So....I'm starving this morning. Nothing to do today but loads of paperwork so I'll probably be at home.

Pam, I understand you being nervous. Will anything help you to feel more calm? Do you feel better when you are in Florida? When do you go.

Sandra, you can always complain....about anything. You know it doesn't matter big or small here. You know me too well. Between Brodie and Jim I've been a bundle of nerves. I got a slap in the face yesterday because I had to walk to and from the outlot yesterday for the appointment. I was winded and my heel hurt. NOT good. Congratulations on your loss! That's nearly 2 pounds. W A Y to go. Or should I say W E I G H to go?!

Mary Ann, hope your cleaning goes easily. Thank you for putting Jim on your prayer list. That always makes me feel so good.

Gotta go eat breakfast!

ontarget
10-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Vickie, be careful with all the stress. Don't let it get you down. So far so good for me today. I brought 3 bananas to snack on. I think I might turn into a monkey. I also brought a Vita-top muffin. I think it's just 3 points. I'll have a WW TV dinner for lunch.

Right now I have a student teacher conducting class. That's how I'm able to be online. The class is Livestock Production. It's actually really interesting. I'm learning something.

Tejas
10-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone:

I'm writing from Ottawa where I arrived this afternoon. My friend picked me up from the train station and we went to her apartment to learn that her husband, who is very ill and immunosuppressed, had taken himself to the ER because his temperature was elevated. I'm at their apt. and she has gone to ER. She called to say that they think he is OK.

I've been in Toronto and in Hamilton Ontario. I am VERY tired, but it's good that I came. My foot is not bothering me, and I'm wearing only hiking shoes. I'm obviously not going any place very fancy :)

I've read the posts above. I'm sorry people have health worries of their own and that Vickie's Jim hasn't been well.

Sloan, next time you're in OKC you should let me know. You're only 2 hours or so away then.

I won't be on much, if at all this week. I return to Texas Monday night.

I'm eating my way through Ontario :eek:

Stay strong!!

ontarget
10-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Rhonda, it's good to hear from you. I'm sorry about your friend. I hope he gets better.

I'm eating my way around Johnson County.

sloanie
10-24-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm on the couch for the night by orders of DH. I came home from school with a headache, and he said "no painting class tonight, and you do too much!" Actually, I have been thinking about taking a break from painting until January.

Rhonda, I didn't realize we were that close to you! We will be in OKC around Christmas! Maybe we can meet! Sorry about your friend, but it sounds like you are having a great trip otherwise. Enjoy!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

ontarget
10-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Sloan, I'm glad you're slowing down. Take care of that headache.

pam920
10-24-2012, 10:08 PM
hello chicks. Went on a shopping spree with my daughter. It was our last outing until I return from Florida. Have that lunch date tomorrow.

Maryann, did you get your house cleaned?

sloan, good idea to take it easy.

Vickie, will keep Jim in my prayers. Not sure if you said his cancer is back. Take care of Vickie, so she can take care of Jim.

Hi Rhonda. Hope your friend is okay and you can enjoy your trip.

Sandra, glad you are able to check in while at school.

I'm tired but wanted to check in.

sloanie
10-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Praying for you and Jim, Vickie!

nancy237
10-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Vickie...I am so sorry you are up against what you & Jim are dealing with.
We are here for you & praying for you both. Take care of yourself because
we forget to do that sometimes..

Pam..Same goes for you...Do you think you need a second opinion..
I thought they could do lots of different things these days about any blockages..
Hugs..

Sloane..I worry about the pace you keep...Try to do less & stop to smell the roses..Life isn't a race , its a journey !!

Rhonda..isn't it amazing how our shoes dictate our whole outfit..but its good it isn't bothering you while you are in Ottawa..

I just got back from dinner & book store with my cousin..
trying to eat better and start exercising now that the house is
under control..

Dr Oz said today that 20 extra lbs of belly fat increases our heart disease
risk by 50% That is surprising..

Take care chicks....

sloanie
10-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Nancy, you will be happy to know that I have been laying around for the past two evenings. Husband's orders.

nancy237
10-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Nancy, you will be happy to know that I have been laying around for the past two evenings. Husband's orders.

Tell him that he is getting big points in Chickville !!!

beach bum
10-26-2012, 12:42 PM

Going out with Rita this afternoon, her stomach ailments have passed,so we will be spending most of the afternoon chatting about everything.

Just found a roommate for the Holy Land Trip for next November. The 206 tours are going there next year and that's the trip I really like to go to more so than Italy. Hope everything will [with the war]be fine by the time we go.

SANDRA-Oh yes I will post what I cooked and I will add the recipe for you guys to try. I'm leading to beans for my veggie casserole than meat as I don't want to upset the president of the soup kitchen.

VICKIE-You welcome,My house work is not on the top of my list with all the gallivanting I'm doing just got 1/2 done.

PAM-Like I told Vickie,I wasn't really cleaning I just straighten out,dusted & vacuumed . Still have to do my kitchen and bathroom tomorrow.

Have to go,have to meet Rita for Lunch

ontarget
10-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Sloan, kudos to hubby! Glad you're resting.

Nancy, you sound more like your old self now. You must have had a wonderfully relaxing time with your cousin.

Maryann, have a good visit with Rita.

My subbing is over for awhile. So far I'm not booked any next week. I'm retired again. :lol:

nancy237
10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Headed out to see Argo movie about the Iran Hostage mission.

When I saw the previews I thought it was all fiction, but now I see its
based on a true story..

ontarget
10-26-2012, 08:07 PM
We're watching TV tonight. Well, we're also watching MaMa Rabbit feeding outside our window.

pam920
10-27-2012, 09:57 AM
good morning chicks.

Tomorrow we leave for Florida. I have a lot to do today. Packing and cleaning. Yesterday I was having chest pains from late morning until late afternoon. My daughter and husband finally made me go to ER. I did not have a heart attack. My dr. thinks I was having spasms in my right artery behind my heart. Prescribed nitro patch. Worst angina I have experienced to date. Was scared but in denial. Afterwards, my daughter gave me a lecture. We are our owns worst enemies, aren't we.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to check in when I get to Florida. Have a wonderful weekend.

Vickie
10-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Busy day for me...actually couple of busy days before too. I've got to wrap presents for my Sister and get ready to take her out for her Birthday....70!

Pam...please take care of yourself. Denial is never good.

ontarget
10-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Pam, do you have a cardiologist in Florida? You're right. Denial doesn't do any good at all. We all experience it at one point or another. Don't beat yourself up. Just do what you need to do to stay healthy. I'm glad you got the nitro patch. I know you're scared. Just do what you need to do and don't hesitate to go to the doctor. I hope when you get to Florida, you can get some relaxation time. You've been extra-busy lately.

Vickie, I always enjoy reading about you and your family. Ya'll are so close. I envy you all, but most of all I am happy for you.

We slept in till about 9 this morning. I was exhausted last night. No more 4 days in a row for me. Dr. Horton (Curtis) has put his foot down. He knows me better than I do. :lol: Even though the kids were good and the assignments easy, I was pooped. We're meeting folks at a local archery shop this afternoon. Other than that--I'm just buying groceries today. It's good to be retired again. :D

tea2
10-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello all,

New to WW since the end of July. Lost about 7 pounds initially on pp and have gone nowhere for the last month and a half, so I'm trying simply filling this week.

I guess the one small mercy is that I am not gaining with winter coming, unlike the past couple of years. This time of the year I tend to gain because I am so busy at work and it starts to get cold, which makes me go out and exercise less. So not gaining=technically good. But up and down the same pound=frustrating.

nancy237
10-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Slow getting in gear today..
Going to an open house for a cute house in that same neighborhood I like.

The movie Argo was good but its sad that stuff like that is going on around us..Makes you really appreciate our people abroad in all their different capacities.

Windy night so the pool is covered in leaves again, it was clean yesterday..
We've never covered it but Oct & leaves makes me want to..

I think I am about ready to pull the house off the market til Spring...
The kids will be home lots in Nov and I could put it back on in the spring
with lots of spring flowers..I really think relaxing during the winter & focusing on going to work would let me get that rest I want..

Pam..I wish you would get a second opinion..it seems they could be more proactive..I know its scary..

ontarget
10-27-2012, 01:50 PM
:welcome: tea. I've been relosing the same 5 lbs for several weeks now, too. It's good to have you here. Please hop in and post away!

Nancy, it's good you don't have to sell quickly. Waiting till spring might be good.

I had a CORE/SF lunch today. It was really tasty. I had grilled chicken/bell pepper/onions/jalapenos in oo, pinto beans, corn, and beets. Now I'm satisfied. Lunch is our big meal of the day. Tonight will be a sandwich on diet bread. I like knowing ahead what we'll be having. Helps me stay focused. I have not weighed in a couple of weeks due to not going to WW Tues. I have 4 days counting today to help "undo" the damage I did earlier this week. Sometimes I wonder why I keep shooting myself in the foot. Don't I know that hurts?

Tejas
10-28-2012, 03:09 PM
:welcome2: Tea...jump right in..

I'm in Toronto now, leaving here and headed home tomorrow.

Pam!!! Take care of yourself for Pete's sake!!!!! I hope you have a safe trip to Florida, and not too much bad weather on the way.

I think Dr. Oz is full of it and on the take of the diet industry. But, it doesn't hurt to lose that 20 pounds if you need to. And, tomorrow, I start again. I think there might still be some food left in Ontario when I leave tomorrow. :lol:

I'm tired and wanna be home. But, I've loved seeing people. The weather is wet and cold thanks to it being fall and the hurricane.

I saw my former home today, the one I sold...just from the outside, but I was glad to see that it looked good and that the garden was being maintained...I loved that little patch of garden I created here.

ontarget
10-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Rhonda, I am glad you are having a good time. I think I was eating with you but from down here.

I am sad. One of the seniors I've known since he was a freshman was killed in an auto accident last night. He had stopped on the I-35 freeway in Fort Worth to help a stranded motorist. A drunk driver killed him.

sloanie
10-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh Sandra. How awful! Prayers for you and his family :(

ontarget
10-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Thank you, Sloan. Are you getting some rest this weekend? I hope so.

pam920
10-28-2012, 10:16 PM
checking in. Arrived in Florida. Had good weather all the way down. My feet are swollen from driving over 10 hrs. Hubby followed behind me.

Sandra, that is so sad. My condolences.

Rhonda, why are you mad at Dr. Oz? Did i miss something? Glad you are enjoying yourself.

Hi Tea2. Welcome and I always did Core when I followed WW.

Ok, I"m tired. Need to get these feet up.

nancy237
10-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Sandra ..such a sad thing..sorry !!!

Pam..glad you are there safe..how long will you be there ??
Put those feet up and rest !!

I have rested and not been very productive all weekend..
Looked at a house yesterday, went to eat with a friend,
had a showing today, ate & watched a football game with
another friend today.
My brother & his wife mentored a boy as a preschooler
all the way through college who plays profootball now.
We consider him a family member so watching him play is
a highlight.

beach bum
10-29-2012, 11:32 AM

Sorry I was not on the thread yesterday,I was also getting ready for Hurricane Sandy. I put all the outdoor stuff that was loose and brought it down stairs in the basement and tried down other things. This morning I heard on NE News that Falmouth only had 30 MPH winds so I decided to go to Daily Mass. The priest told us that the winds were going up to 70 MPH tomorrow and we should come for our safety. So I'm staying for the duration. The only thing now is I have to double up cooking on all meals so I have leftovers and can eat them cold just in case the power goes out.

On Sat I picked up my meds just in case I can't get out with the storm. I put all my patio loose stuff down to the basement and the other heavy stuff[like picnic table is up again the grill and wall of the patio. I also bought a car adapter for the cell phone if we lose power I can charge my car phone in the cigarette lighter of my car. So I'm all set,I went to my next door neighbor and to her that I was fine and they should worry about me during the storm. There reply was they completely forgot about the storm and thanked me for letting them know .Now they went out to get there lost minute things.

Another pound is lost ,down to 156. I really think that the Atkins shakes are working for me to lose weight.After I get down to my weight goal I will continue with as a fast for the Year of the Faith.

SANDRA-Had a great time with Rita,but we did see a head on collision with two cars right in front of our restaurant,but we didin't hear the collision. A policeman came into the restaurant asking if any one really saw the crash. Two old men were taken out of there car in a stretcher that other two were a young couple that wasn't hurt. Of course we all talked about the accident. I'm so sorry about the senior good seminarian That tried to help someone and go killed himself. Sometimes you don't know WHY,this happens.

NANCY-What did you think of Argo,I loved that movies and gave it a 10+ on my rating. Hope the actors and the picture win some kind of wards at the Academy.

PAM-I'm so sorry about your heart hope that you don't have any problem after you down in Fla. That, so scary,TG you went to the ER and go some meds and patch for it.

TEA-:welcome2: to the thread and big congrats on your 7 lb lose.

ALL YOU GUYS IN SANDY'S WAY BE SAFE AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

Have a great day

ontarget
10-29-2012, 02:01 PM
We're home today. Tomorrow Curtis has a doctor's appointment. His new shoulder is popping out of the socket. What next? I feel really sorry for him. School activities for tonight have been cancelled due to the loss of the senior. The whole community is devastated.

Maryann, be safe. That's a good idea about getting the car charger for your cell phone.

Nancy, how did the showing go? Have you heard anything?

Rhonda, I guess you're in the air heading home. Be safe.

nancy237
10-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Sandra..Sorry about Curtis' shoulder..I think those things are easier to endure than watch someone we love endure..

My showing wasn't very interested. Said road noise was bad..That is weird because we are on 3 acres way back from a small road..Seems quiet as can be to me ...I am sorta liking the idea now of being here through the winter..
I can focus on other things like diet , exercise , work & go through more stuff..I have been so hyper focused on house repairs that its nice to be on to other things.

I have been pondering about travel therapy..I am restless and that might be perfect..
I could do per diem, daily work til the house sells and then try travel. Or a school position til Summer..
But its a lot to think about , I would still want to have a home base townhome and I wonder whether its affordable to do that. I might talk to a few agencies this week just to learn more about it. I found a blog by a Travel therapist that did it for 4 or 5 years..She went all over & loved it.

My son told me today I should buy a farm and learn to live off the land..

Its really windy tonight and sorta eiry..I let the cat out and he hasn't come back to the door, but he will probably be at the door in a few minutes..I worry when he's out at night..

Everyone stay safe tonight !!

I have a friend that is spending the night on his boat tonight in port in the Cheasapeake Bay.. As of about 10 he was fine..Say a prayer for him if
you think about it..

nancy237
10-30-2012, 01:46 AM
My cat came in finally..All snugged up..
Can't sleep so I am going to watch a NetFlix show,

I am ashamed to say that I have gotten into the Revenge
series. I am half way through the first season now..

Tejas
10-30-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm home now; I was ahead of the storm by about 1/2 day. Take off was bumpy, but that was all. I was quite tired and emotional about my friend who is so sick and whose condition is fatal. His quality of life is poor at the moment, with severe pulmonary fibrosis.

Sandra, I am so sorry to hear of your community's loss. If anyone is looking for a charity to donate to, give some money to MADD--they do good work. And, poor Curtis. His recovery had been so smooth that this must be quite a shock. I hope it's not too painful.

Maryann, I'm glad to hear that you got prepared for the storm and I hope you didn't suffer. I have a niece in Md. and a friend in Manhattan--they both came through OK. Toronto was to be hit last night and today.

Nancy, tell your son that you will live off the land when he lives with you and does the bulk of the physical labor. :lol: I hope you can snuggle in for the winter and get some rest. If you want to travel, just get yourself down to Texas!!

I'm going to tap practice in an hour, wearing my tap shoes for the first time since July. I hope my foot holds up :crossed:

ontarget
10-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Rhonda, welcome home. I'm glad you got out ahead of Sandy. That is sad about your friend. No wonder you were feeling emotional. Glad you're heading to tap. I'm heading to WW. I'm not smiling much about that. :D Well, that was a weak cyber attempt.

Nancy, I agree with Rhonda. Just look at all the states you could visit going to see Chickies. Have you seen "Eat Pray Love"? Just wondering. Also, I am big time into "Revenge." Let me know if you want to chat about it. Others here would prob prefer we do it privately. :lol: I imagine it could be boring if you weren't a watcher.

Well, it's time for me to leave. It's too late for ;) ;) ;). I'm on my own. After I get home, we're going back to Curtis' specialist. Later this afternoon our grands are coming over. Ya'll have a good day.

mandydawn77
10-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site and new to WW. So far I'm really liking it. It is a big change from the Atkins diet that I was on for the past year. I just came across this thread and thought I would introduce myself. I'm Mandy by the way. Hope everyone has a good day :)

pam920
10-30-2012, 10:06 AM
morning chickies.

Did someone mention Revenge? I am totally a fan of that show, since day one. I got my granddaughter hooked too.

Sandra, seems like we watch a lot of the same programs. Hope Curtis can find some relief. Good luck with WI.

Nancy, I thought you might be in the path of Sandy. Glad you are safe. I would love to be able to travel. If you can do it, I say go for it.

Hope Maryann is safe.

Welcome home Rhonda. So sorry about your friend. Did you leave early because of the storm, or was that in the plans? Good luck with tap.

I think we may attempt to vote early today. Depends on the length of the lines. If not, we'll just wait and go Tuesday.

Have a wonderful day.

Hi Mandy and welcome. We were posting at the same time. I never could do Adkins more than a couple days. I think you will enjoy WW.

mandydawn77
10-30-2012, 11:12 AM
It is really difficult at first, but after awhile it got easier. I was determined to do it this time (I had tried and failed once before). The one thing I did different this time was to plan ahead and make sure I had plenty of foods that I liked and that were on plan. The hardest thing was being the only person in the house (4 other people) that was dieting.

Atkins works, but I stalled out for the last couple of months and bounced back and forth between 265 and 268. I just couldn't seem to get the scale to go down anymore. So I decided it was time for a change. This is the first day of my third week on WW's and the scale is already showing a difference. I still feel like I'm cheating when I eat bread, potatoes or pasta, and I still can't eat an entire bun on anything. It's so nice to be able to eat normal again and actually lose weight. I didn't realize just how much I missed some of my favorites like the oven-roasted chicken sandwich at Subway :) I really, really, really hope WW's continues to work for me. My teenage daughter is doing WW's with me. She tried Atkins, but just couldn't stick to it. This should be so much easier for her to stick with.

Oh, and I have to get caught up on Revenge because everyone here at work just goes on and on about it. It must be a really good show.

Tejas
10-30-2012, 12:17 PM
:welcome: Mandy. I can't do Atkins either...must have fruit!

Pam, my original plan was to fly out Monday, so it was just luck. You asked me about Dr. Oz. I'm not mad at him, but he promotes a lot of unproven stuff in my opinion. But, I do like some of his advice.

Tap went well. I've taken two Ibuprofen to prevent swelling. I think I'm gong to get back into it without too many problems. That's good because we have a lot of scheduled performances.

ontarget
10-30-2012, 07:15 PM
:welcome: Mandy. We're so glad to have you join us. Thank you for telling us about your Atkins experience. I did Atkins several years ago but had a hard time sticking with it. My husband loved all the bacon. :D Anyway, I'm doing WW now. He's losing, too, but isn't doing any structured plan. He's doing quite a bit of walking.

Pam, we do seem to like the same shows. I love Revenge--the clothes, the characters, the plot--just about everything to do with it. My favorite character is Nolan. I like his new hairstyle.

Rhonda, I'm glad tap went well. Looks like you'll be back in time for the holiday performances.

I guess Curtis got about the best doctor's report today that he could get. Nothing showed up on X-rays. The doctor told him things to do for the next 2 weeks then we're to go back. If he's not better, he'll get a dye injection then possibly surgery. We're hoping he's better in 2 weeks and won't have to do any of that.

Waving to all of you who are yet to get here today. I hope you're all safe, happy, and making healthy choices.

I almost forgot. I did gain this morning but am back on plan. I need to go update my tracker. Our meeting was good. I am pumped. Now I'm ready to join ya'll in doing the right thing.

nancy237
10-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all the feedback..I need to relax about the fact I am undecided and realize that I am sorting through a huge transition and I will figure it out in time..

I am doing good with my eating..Eggs or Protein Shake for breakfast,
then salads, fruits, veggies, poultry, seafood & low fat dairy..
No real loss yet but feeling better already

Glad to know others like Revenge..I felt a bit deviant watching it :D
I am half way through the first season ..Its addictive...
I think Jack is so good looking..I like Nolan too...I wish she would tell Jack who she is..

Maryanne..how was it yesterday at your house..let us hear from you

Mandy..Wecome !!
Tea...Welcome !!!
This chick group is the best !!

Rhonda..Glad you are home..sorry about your friend..Its good you could go..

Sandra..sounds like good news at the Dr ..yay !!

pam920
10-30-2012, 09:12 PM
back and was hoping Maryann checked in. Hope all is okay with her.

Sandra, hope Curtis has a good report and doesn't need surgery. I love how you just pick yourself back up and go forward.

Nancy, when my granddaughter came to stay for the weekend, I talked her into watching Revenge on Netflix. She was totally hooked. She told me the same thing, it's so addicting. I love Nolan too. I think Jack is sexy too. I like Daniel ok, but want her with Jack. The 2nd season is really good so hurry and finish the 1st season.

We voted today. We haven't started walking yet. We went grocery shopping yesterday and today it was kinda cold and windy, so we hopefully start tomorrow.

Rhonda, good news about tap. Hope you are able to get back into it with no problems.

ontarget
10-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Curtis has been depressed all afternoon but is in a little better spirits now. He had hoped to be able to pull his bow by the end of the month. Doesn't look like that will happen now. The doctor said he may have to do surgery as last resort. We are hoping it doesn't come to that.

Tejas
10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
What the heck is Revenge??

Sandra, I'm really hoping for Curtis to get full function back. Poor guy.

I'm feeling a little more rested today. This trip really took it out of me. I woke up in the middle of the night not quite sure where I was. I knew I was at home but I couldn't quite get it. Disorienting...

pam920
10-31-2012, 11:12 AM
morning chicks.

We just did a 20 min. walk. It's a start. Felt so good to be out walking again. I hope we do a bit more this evening. I want to get back into the habit of doing 2 walks a day, at 45 min and 30 min.

Rhonda, Revenge is an ABC show on Sunday evening at 9 est. It's very addicting and I have to say it's my favorite show right now.

Sandra, I can understand Curtis getting depressed. It's been a long time for him shooting. Hopefully he gets good news from Dr and no surgery is needed.

ontarget
10-31-2012, 11:53 AM
I just lost a message I'd typed here--and it was a long one. I must have pushed a wrong button.

Rhonda, you have been under a lot of emotional and physical stress. Give your body some time to recuperate.

Pam, I'm glad you're back into walking. That should help you a lot.

I watch Revenge on abc.com since it's too "SOAPY" for Curtis. :lol:

Did I tell ya'll I'm going to a presentation by a former Biggest Loser contestant? This Saturday Abby (a few seasons ago) is speaking to a women's wellness awareness group. I'm going with a friend. In keeping BL style, we're going to lunch at Subway before the presentation.

This afternoon we have the grands, tomorrow we go fishing then have company in the pm, Friday we'll work in the yard, Saturday is BL day, and Sunday is the first tournament of the season. When did I have time to work?

I've already journaled all my meals for today. It feels good to be back on track. Speaking of "track" I am anxious to get my tracker moving instead of yo-yo'ing.

Have a good day, all.

pam920
10-31-2012, 04:43 PM
isn't Abby the one that lost her entire family in a car accident? if so, I really liked her. You have a very busy schedule for the week. I should journal. I know that really helps when losing weight.

nancy237
10-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Went to get a coffee table this morning I found on Craigslist..

I have been hunting for a large coffee table for a good price for a while and I
got this one for $75. I will try to post a picture..

Then a friend & I went hiking around the lake looking for persimmon trees,
Came back covered in those beggar lice things that cling to your clothes..
But it felt great to be in the woods..

We don't get trick or treaters here, so I closed my blinds & pulled the car in the garage just to make sure, because I don't have candy.
That sounds bad, at the old neighborhood we had fun with it but we have had
one family in 10 years here so I never buy candy...

Tejas
10-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Candy is in the house!!

:dracula: :witch:

beach bum
10-31-2012, 06:15 PM
:witch:HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL,HOPE YOU HAVE NO TRICKS BUT LOTS OF TREATS.:witch:

On Monday at 1:30 my power went out and I got it back later afternoon at 5:30,no damage around out houses except for a tree falling near our mail boxes.

This morning I went out wit a couple of women in the rosary group,for Breakfast.Looks like some of them didn't have any power problems at all. I guess they were the lucky ones.

My poor DD lost her power along with 3 trees that were uprooted. My DS didn't have any problems.Can't figure out some areas are hit the other are not Just like it happened up here.

Don't have time to read the post but I will be back sometime tomorrow

HOPE ALL THE EAST COASTERS ON THIS THREAD DIDN'T HAVE TO MUCH TO PUT UP WITH SANDY

Have a great evening

ontarget
10-31-2012, 07:26 PM
:haphal::sklol::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat:

Maryann, thank you for letting us know you're safe. Whew! What a relief!

Pam, that's the one. She lives within 100 miles of here.

We prob won't have any trick or treaters but we have candy. Curtis' fault. I think he'll eat it all--tonight.

Nancy, I'd love to see that photo when you get a chance.

nancy237
10-31-2012, 08:45 PM
This is the table, but he may delete the post soon because its sold now..
It has a few scratches that will be easy to fix..

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/fuo/3367161862.html

pam920
10-31-2012, 08:49 PM
no candy here. We haven't had trick or treaters since I left Michigan.

Maryann, glad to see you are safe and sound. I think NY and NJ got the worst of the storm.

Nancy, show us your coffee table.

Sandra, I would love to see Abby. She is such an great inspiration. I'm glad she is happy now and she might be married by now, but I think last I heard she had met a wonderful man and was engaged.

Tejas
10-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Glad you're safe Maryann.

Not too many kids tonight..maybe 50 or so. I forgot that Kyra (dog) would eat suckers and I placed the bag on the floor. She ate 16 of them! She's thrown up four times but seems to be coping.

I like Halloween. Boo!

ontarget
10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
I like Halloween, too, and miss having trick or treaters dropping by. When Curtis and I lived in Missoula, we'd dress up, too, and greet the kids at the door. We had a lot of fun doing that. Living in the country has stopped that. Oh, well, we like it out here anyway.

Nancy, I saw the photo! The table is very different. I like it. Glad you found it.

Pam, I had heard she'd found someone, too. I am excited about Saturday.

Our candy is gone. I guess you could say we had one trick or treater. it was the guy who bought the candy. :lol: I ate 2 bananas, some grapes, and 1 string cheese. "I done good." :lol:

mandydawn77
11-01-2012, 09:07 AM
I did not hold up well last night. I ate waaaay too many fun size candy bars. I just couldn't control myself. Once I got started I just wanted more. I counted the points, so now I have 5 days to go and only 24 weekly points left. Not good. :( I'm okay as long as I just stay away, but I can't just eat one. No more candy for me. I have got to get right back on track.

ontarget
11-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Mandy, I'm just like you. I can't eat just one either. Kudos to you for journalling the points. That was really wise. Now you know what you have left for the rest of the week.

We're going fishing today. Tonight we have M&M potluck at church. I am baking a chocolate decadent cake. I'm thinking about taking a chocolate Vita-Top Muffin (3 P+) for me. That's the plan. I'll let you know how I fare.

Have a thoroughly terrific Thursday, everyone.

Tejas
11-01-2012, 11:53 AM
There's a new thread, folks!