Old 10-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Default Question about how many Carbs people are eating.

I have only recently began recording my food intake on my fitness pal and noticed that my carbs range from 35gm to 45gm a day, I was just wondering if that is the norm for others on IP or too high or too low.

Thanks for answering.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

That's in the right neighborhood. We don't actually carb count on the diet, just follow the protocol - it's all been figured out for us in terms of which veggies will keep us where we should be when combined with the packets. Even if you are using alternatives, they are comparable in nutrition stats to IP products.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #3  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Monica, I haven't been counting carbs, but I wanted to comment on how fast you are losing weight! 30 lbs in 2 months, that's impressive! So whatever it is you are doing, I want to make sure I am doing the same. Do you exercise? Don't eat restricteds? Something else? Should I start counting carbs?
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #4  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

Can I HIGHLY recommend that you not compare yourself to others? No one's weight loss is the same - no one. It just cant be. There are too many variables in the mix and everyone is different. There's not even a need to count carbs at all.

Just following the protocol, as this board shows every day - works.

You're doing fine. Keep the faith and stay OP and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
Monica, I haven't been counting carbs, but I wanted to comment on how fast you are losing weight! 30 lbs in 2 months, that's impressive! So whatever it is you are doing, I want to make sure I am doing the same. Do you exercise? Don't eat restricteds? Something else? Should I start counting carbs?
marlenesuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Learning to Fly: I would agree that none of us should compair ourselves to others, our bodie are all different.

To answer your question, I eat a restricted every day becasue my body needs them for energy, if I don't I get tired and run down easily. My exercise is walking my dogs 4 or more times a week for atleast 30min or longer. I am drinking lots water 3-4 liters (though I am try to up my water). And I am following the plan

I was not counting my carbs but then I started using the my fitness pal app on my iphone, and computer to daily log what I eat and it handily keeps track of my daily calories, carbs, fat, and protein intake. Through this I found that without eating a restricted, my carbs were in the lower 30's those days and I would be very tired. I am also a type A person and I like to know what I am taking in and how my weight changes daily. I don't disagree with anyone that if you follow the plan it will work but as we are all different I do believe we have to make the plan work for us and our lives now while we are losing and later while in maintenance. For me I want to keep track of what I am doing and what works for me now so its second nature when I am doing it on my own without the plan making my daily meals.

As for my weight loss, my starting weight was much higher then yours and this was a very big life change for me as I was not eating that well and had alcohal often. My body had been at the same weight for over 10 years no matter if I ate better or increased my exercise, so I think I am losing fast now because it is such a shock to my system and I have so much extra weigh to lose, I am sure as I get smaller, the losses will slow down, but as long as there is losses then I am succeeding.

Hope this answers your questions, I am on nights and so I am long winded, good luck to everyone.

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 10-03-2012 at 12:36 AM.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #6  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

I've lowered my intake of IP packet carb grams per week the past few weeks and am down to about 64g. This of course does not count the carbs I'm eating in my 4 cups of daily veggies or the occasional 100 cal Muscle Milk Lite RTD drink carbs (about 3G carbs per serving) I have when I've gone too long between meals.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
I've lowered my intake of IP packet carb grams per week the past few weeks and am down to about 64g. This of course does not count the carbs I'm eating in my 4 cups of daily veggies or the occasional 100 cal Muscle Milk Lite RTD drink carbs (about 3G carbs per serving) I have when I've gone too long between meals.
Are you counting net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber) or total carbs? Dietary fiber does not digest at all and doesn't "count", when we talk about having 20-40 carbs per day we are talking net carbs.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #8  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Marlene, Monica, thanks for the reminder!! At my first post here when I announced that I am starting this diet, I was advised NOT to compare myself to others and I totally meant to take that wise advice to heart....here we are week and half later and I already forgot... So yes, no comparisons! (although that is hard...I keep looking at WI numbers in people's signatures and hope that mine will be as good as some of them and not as low as some of the others...need to stop that. )
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #9  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
Marlene, Monica, thanks for the reminder!! At my first post here when I announced that I am starting this diet, I was advised NOT to compare myself to others and I totally meant to take that wise advice to heart....here we are week and half later and I already forgot... So yes, no comparisons! (although that is hard...I keep looking at WI numbers in people's signatures and hope that mine will be as good as some of them and not as low as some of the others...need to stop that. )
So true, learningtofly. I know that my losses are slower than some others, but I'm ok with that - as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction. It took a very long time to put on this weight and I'm happyi it's coming off. I know my weight loss rate is perfect for me.

You're going to do great if you follow the program.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #10  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Total.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Total.
Gotcha - you may want to check what your NET carbs are per day to make sure you aren't TOO low.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #12  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
. It took a very long time to put on this weight and I'm happyi it's coming off. I know my weight loss rate is perfect for me.
joysh-- your pics show it definitely IS working. Look at your "hourglass" figure! Wish I had a waistline! LOL.... Oh yeah, we're not comparing

Keep up the great work. Your pics show the success!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

The best thing about this program is that you don't have to count anything, its all figured out for you. Its down to a science. 73 weeks in and I STILL don't worry about anything, I guess that is why I have had the success that I have had, I just follow the sheet and not worry or stress about anything except my 2 cups of veggies for lunch and my 8oz, 2 cups of veggies at dinner. Everything else is figured out for me.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
The best thing about this program is that you don't have to count anything, its all figured out for you. Its down to a science. 73 weeks in and I STILL don't worry about anything, I guess that is why I have had the success that I have had, I just follow the sheet and not worry or stress about anything except my 2 cups of veggies for lunch and my 8oz, 2 cups of veggies at dinner. Everything else is figured out for me.
That is exactly why Weight Watchers didn't work for me. I've never been a note taker, diary or story writer, so I would guesstimate the points (and not lose a single lbs!) This protocol is SOOO amazing that everything is figured out for me.

Have a great day!
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #15  

Personally, I think counting carbs/tracking your food really helps in the long run. I can scan or look up an item and make better choices. It really makes me conscious of what im eating.
I think the "just follow the sheet" attitude is a negative trait of IP. Granted I didn't do IP, I did alternatives. But I met my goal and have maintained for over a month maybe two now. I never had to diet before my late 30's and even then got comfortable being fluffy, until I had to buy a cocktail dress and didn't recognize the woman in the mirror. I never read labels, worried about food, or weighed myself even. Now I know how to eat, thanks to lots of research, this site, and myfitnesspal.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote