Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core Chat: Aug 27-Aug 31

Tejas
08-27-2012, 01:53 PM
New Pages

I have taken this thread only to the 31st, assuming we can start our every two week threads now.

Tejas
08-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Nancy, you may need counseling, but it's not because you tear up when a problem presents itself. It's difficult not to have your partner. Hang up pictures were the paint needs re-touching! :lol:

I've done well with food so far...oatmeal, nuts and an apple.

ontarget
08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Good idea about hanging pictures. Congratulations on being on plan. Your food looks yummy.

Nancy, hang those photos. Then go to counseling. Wish I could go with you.

I am doing well op today. We had chicken fajitas/chilli beans for lunch. I had a Fiber One cookie/fruit for bfast. I need to go to the store, but I'm tired. My gf was here shooting all morning. It was hot/humid out there. Took its toll on this old lady.

beach bum
08-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Can't believed how the time passed away today,I didn't realized that I wasn't on the board this morning.

Mary & I didn't go to the Glass Onion as it wasn't open on Sundays so we went to an Italian restaurant instead.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.Oh what ever you want. I just follow you guys and its OK with me.

SANDRA- No one was hurt and the guy gave men money to repair the cars mirror. Sometimes the hot weather plays tricks on the body where the energy drags. I take G2 Gatorade with low carbs to give me the energy.

Have a great day

Tejas
08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Ok. I've had yogurt, cheese and strawberries, hummus and carrots....need protein so I think I'll have some bar- b- qued chicken I bought yesterday.

I also saw my trainer, did the exercise routine and spent about 3 minutes on the elliptical. I have to make myself stay on heels on the elliptical so it will take some getting back to I believe. But, so far, all is well....iced my foot afterwards.

ontarget
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Maryann, Italian sounds good to me. I'm not a Gatorade fan, but I do drink a lot of water when I'm outside.

Rhonda, you are very talented. You can make hummus and carrots sound good. I'm glad you're getting back into your exercise routine.

Tejas
08-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I finished the food for the day with chicken and a power veggie drink--low sodium V8 blended with strawberries, raw spinach and purslane. And, I'll fess up, I had the last sliver of a chocolate cake I made over the weekend for church events.

So, I feel good about food today. I hope you all do also, and if not, tomorrow is another day.

nancy237
08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Thanks everyone..I meant to say I don't think I do need a counselor , its just that its normal to have a moment here & there when you have had a big loss..
I think I am dealing pretty well..

A friend that is a good decorator spent the day with me shopping and staging ...
How fun..she knows how to shop and accessorize and pull things together. When I get it all done I will post some pictures..

Tomorrow is cleaning day. I have someone coming to help...

sloanie
08-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Nancy, my dad has been dead for two years, and I still have what I call "daddy days" where I relive the day my family and I witnessed him have his cardiac arrest. I think "moments" are very normal, but I don't think counseling is a bad idea if you feel like you need it. Just do what is right for you! ...and I agree with hanging pics and not worrying about the paint ;)

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

ontarget
08-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Nancy, we'll be waiting to see those pics. I remember what fun I had staging when we were readying our home in Montana. I used to direct plays and thought of this as set design. :lol:

I'm off to WI.

Tejas
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Nancy, my husband died 26 years ago and from time to time I have such real dreams about him that I have a day of feeling very raw from the loss. "Moments" are very common and don't mean "unresolved grief" or any other such nonsense that is out there.

Staging can be a lot of fun. My Toronto house looked great when I sold it and I enjoyed arranging it. I need to stage this place just for us! :lol:

ontarget
08-28-2012, 02:21 PM
And our place is staged like an archery shop. :lol:

I lost 2.6 this week. We're leaving in a few minutes for Curtis' dr. appt and PT. Ya'll have a good afternoon.

beach bum
08-28-2012, 02:49 PM

Weather is getting humid again,didn't have chance to walk as it was raining when I got down to the beach.

SANDRA-I didn't have any Italian food at that restaurant I had short ribs instead with risotto along with a glass of wine and than for dessert chocolate mousse. Was up on the scale yesterday but now I back to the 161 again.

NANCY-Your loss will never go away completely its that way with me also. I have times when I cry but eventually come out of it. With me my faith has made me whole,and now I can go forward.

Have to go and start my chores.

Tejas
08-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Sandra :hug: :lol:

She's right, folks, it is like an archery shop....and, they look right at home in it.

ontarget
08-28-2012, 07:21 PM
:woohoo: Maryann!

We're home from PT and the doctor. Curtis is doing super great. What a blessing! We just had some 15 bean soup for dinner. I still have 2 pts left. Think I'm having 2 frozen peanut butter cups.

Tejas
08-28-2012, 09:10 PM
I made okra gumbo with chicken tenders, and jalapeno cornbread for dinner. It was good.

Glad to hear that Curtis is doing well. I was in a lot of pain last night. I read last night on line that it take 3 months to get back from the surgery and that the swelling can last for 7 months!!! Let's hope not. I went to tap and walked around but mostly I stayed off my foot today.

pam920
08-28-2012, 09:43 PM
hello chickies.

Nancy, I love to decorate and look forward to seeing your pics. I think you are doing great and if you don't feel you need counseling, you know what is best. I get weepy a lot these days, when something will hit me and I remember all my family that has passed. I'm the matriarch of the family now and it sucks.

woohoo Sandra. That is a super loss. You are doing great. Wish I could say the same.

Maryann, glad you only had to replace your mirror and no one was hurt.

Rhonda, you probably shouldn't have gotten on the eliptical. My knee, after surgery, would swell off and on for a couple years.

I've been busy getting the *room* together. I'm doing a couple watercolors to hang above the headboard. I've done acrylics and oils but never tried watercolors. I didn't have to buy anything, already had the paper and paints. I told you I'm a craftoholic, so I'm pretty much set if I ever want to do any type of craft.

Watching Isaac reports. It's hit land in LA. Hope everyone stays safe.

ontarget
08-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Rhonda, your gumbo sounds tasty. I'm sorry you're having pain. I imagine Curtis is having more than he's letting on. It does take awhile to heal. I hope you're back tapping soon.

Pam, I am impressed with your talents. Good thing I can shoot. That's all I'm saying. :lol:

We're up early today. My gf is coming in a bit. We'll go out to lunch then another gf is coming over around 4. I have mixed emotions about subbing. I'm enjoying being retired but I do like being around the kids.

Tejas
08-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Ok, no elliptical for me--Pam is right.

Good luck with those watercolors. I have some cute ones that I did in the late 80's but it's a difficult medium. Not that I found oil or acrylic much easier :lol: Have you ever done batik watercolors with hot wax? I love that and made some very nice ones, IMHO. I should frame them and hang them up.

I love stained glass but haven't done much lately. I'm entering a crafts fair for November to get myself back to jewelry making.

I'm going to add shrimp to the gumbo. To be really authentic it should have some sausage too, but we don't need the fat.

Sandra, you're lucky to have the subbing available. I wouldn't mind doing a little teaching, but there are essentially no university- level teaching jobs here. I have a friend who is a Dean in Dallas who says he'll give me a job anytime, but frankly I'm not driving to Dallas for any reason :-) The traffic is crazy and dangerous.

Off to the rest of the day now. I need to follow Pam's and Nancy's examples.

ontarget
08-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Rhonda, what about community ed? Just a thought. Some universities offer programs for the public. I wouldn't drive to Dallas either.

Vickie
08-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Good Afternoon Chicks! Sorry I've been missing. I've been busy. What new!

Brodie is doing well but continues to be finicky with his eating. He is not liking the Honest Kitchen anymore. I'm thinking about switching him to canned so that I can give him some variety from day to day. Can any of you recommend good premium grain free canned food?

I'm cooking again today. Turkey Sausage Spicy Marinara with mushrooms and zucchini. It's really delicious and freezes well. It's one of the ones that I cook fresh pasta when I serve it.

Sandra, you are doing fabulous. I'm so proud of you. Are you exercising too?

Rhonda, it's hard to be patient. I decided not to walk today since I had a lot of stuff to do around the house and was planning to cook. I just have to pace myself. Not something I'm good at.

Pam, you and Rhonda are so talented. I do not have an artistic gene at all. I hope you're feeling better. Your symptoms sounded scary to me too.

Nancy, you are doing amazing. A moment of tears here and there is reasonable to me. It took me a long time to get over my fiance's death and we had only been together for a couple of years. You were with Robin a LONG time. Your pain is not going to go away quickly.

Sloan, I'm not doing great either but I'm trying to be more aware. That's all I can say for myself. You sound motivated and busy! Why are you taking classes? Will you have an advanced degree?

Now for a bubble bath and then I cook dinner.

ontarget
08-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Ahhhhhhhh. A bubble bath! Sounds wonderful, Vickie. I'm not exercising, but I have been doing some walking outdoors today. A gf and I talked about going to a Zumba water aerobics class tomorrow, but I seriously doubt we'll do that. :lol:

nancy237
08-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Vickie...
That Turkey Sausage Spicy Marinara sounds like a great recipe.
Is it online anywhere ???

sloanie
08-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Hey chickies! Hope you all are having a good evening. To answer Vickie's question: I am working on a bachelor's degree in Health Management. I have an associate degree in nursing and am also a certified teacher. I realized during this education crisis that we have been having that all I have to bring to the table is an associate's degree if I should lose my teaching job. That would only get me a job doing patient care, and I am way too old for that. I have always wanted to further my education, and I am finally taking the first step. The program starts in January and is once a week for 18 months. I am doing a stats class and a religion class to complete the core requirements for the university. I am really busy right now, but I am eating well so far. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Have a great night, y'all!

ontarget
08-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Kudos, Sloan!!!!

Vickie, I'd like to know more about that recipe, too.

pam920
08-30-2012, 12:46 AM
stopping in real quick before I shut down for the night. I am getting fatter by the day. What is wrong with me? Why am I eating so much bad stuff?

Vickie, the marinara sounds really good. Could you share the recipe? Hope you can find something Brodie will eat.

Sandra, Your talent is shooting. That's something I know I would not be good at.

Rhonda, no, haven't tried anything with watercolors until recently. I bought my paints and pencils a long time ago, but never used them. I have never tried stained glass or jewelry either. I would love to try stained glass. I wouldn't drive into Dallas either. The traffic is bad, from what I remember. I visited a friend in Plano once and remember the Dallas traffic.

Sloan, good to think ahead, with times like they are these days. Sounds like something you could handle, being only one day a week. Have you lost any more weight? Are you still on that diet?

I see my dr. in 2 wks and he is not going to be happy with my blood work or weight. I look forward to going to Florida. I know at least I will walk every day while we are there. It's just too hot here to get out and walk and I really don't enjoy the treadmill. I know, I'm just making excuses.

Have a good evening.

nancy237
08-30-2012, 03:00 AM
I am not sticking to any diet...

Wonder what would happen if I set a pound a week goal and I either lose it the easy way(sensible diet) or do a tough love approach at the end of the week to meet the goal.. I may make up a chart..Just a pound a week would be fine if I stuck with it.

sloanie
08-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Pam, I am still on "the diet", but have not lost any this week. The only thing I have changed is I started having my morning coffee again with sweetener and low fat creamer. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, or if I am just on a little plateau. If I have stayed the same for a couple more days, I will lay off the sweetener and creamer and see if that changes anything. I'll let you know.

The photo is me and my DH at DD's wedding last year :)

Vickie
08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'll be back to catch up but did post my recipe in the main dish thread. You could probably cut it in half if you aren't the freezing kind of Chick.

ontarget
08-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Vickie, thank you for the recipe. I'm going to plug it into etools to see points value for Points Plus folks. It looks delicious!!!

Pam, as we say in archery, "A poor excuse is better than none at all." You'll be back on track soon. I am always impressed by your food choices. I remember your saying you don't choose much off List C on "The diet." List C is where I'd be hanging out all the time.

Sloan, I love the new avatar. What a cute couple!!!! I hope you don't have to give up your coffee the way you like it. Good luck.

I'm making picante chicken in the slow cooker. That'll be for later. We're having fajita chicken, broccoli/cauliflower, and bell pepper/onions/ff rf beans for lunch.

Just pulled a Lucy stunt. Phone just rang. I'll tell you later.

pam920
08-30-2012, 09:08 PM
hello chicks.

sloan, I can't see how a cup of coffee can make that big a difference. I'm thinking plateau. I know staying at 145 was a constant struggle for me. I don't know how I stayed at 126 until I reached 45. Guess I was younger and more active. Now I'm a slug. I use the sugar free cremora (hazelnut, caramel, etc). I think a tablespoon is a serving but I only use a level teaspoon. I have a measuring spoon I use and if I put more than that in, it gets too sweet for me. Maybe try something like that.

Sandra, I usually try to eat healthy, but have been snacking more and more on processed foods. For years I stayed completely away from them. They have these popchips at TJ Maxx and I'm addicted to them.

Vickie, thanks for posting the recipe. I'll check it out when I post this.

Tejas
08-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Yesterday I worked in my study, shredding and recycling.

Today I worked in the yard, pulling weeds and unwanted grass. Also planted some flowers.

Feeling good. I'm not typing much now because my right arm and hand are hurting---nothing serious, an old neck injury aggravated today with garden work...take my mind off my foot! Sorry not to respond to everyone--I'll catch up.

beach bum
08-31-2012, 03:58 PM

Another busy day I walked this morning for 1/2 hr along the week and than I had to go back to Walmart to exchange the Centrum multi vitamins from under 50 to woman 50+. At the same time I bought 4 bottles of flavored water and than forgot to take my second pkg. Than after lunch I had to make a second trip tick up my other two bottles,battling the traffic with some of these idiot tourist,spending time here for the Labor Day Weekend. You wouldn't believe the accidents so far and its only Friday.

Mary and I are going out on Sunday to the movies to see ICE AGE. the only decedent movie up here. We're waiting to see the new movie with Meryl Streep[Hope Springs],but it hasn't arrived in our theaters. Obama in 2016 is up here but in the next town,to me that not entertainment.We're also waiting for The Odd Life of Timothy Green.

Have to go will come back tomorrow.

ontarget
08-31-2012, 08:37 PM
I subbed today for high school boys' PE. It was good to see everyone. I'm going back Wed for the at risk program. I was the first teacher that taught that class in Alvarado back in the 90's.

I made some food choices today that will take me further from goal. (Is that a good way to say it?) I'm heading over to etools to post and see how much damage I did.

Pam, I have my addictions, too. Guess they could be worse, don't you?

Rhonda, be careful in that heat. It's so oppressive. I hope you're feeling better.

Vickie, right after I plugged your recipe in etools, I noticed it already had all the nutritional info. I didn't have to plug it in at all. Thank you again for posting it.

nancy237
09-01-2012, 02:47 AM
Long day of yard work ...Lots got done but I still need to get gravel and
sand for the paver walkway spread.

Fell asleep from 7 pm til 10 pm..I was sick last night with a stomach bug so I think I am not back 100% from that.

Cousin is coming in the morning for a few hours but I think I would rather go to breakfast and get out of house than work on house projects .