Does it Work? - The Word on SLIMFAST!

View Full Version : The Word on SLIMFAST!

Mindi
04-09-2003, 12:23 PM
http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/reviews/slim-fast-diet.html

and part II:

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/reviews/slim-fast-diet2.html

SuchAPrettyFace
04-09-2003, 12:29 PM
In a word: disgusting

In more words:

Doesn't teach you how to eat like a "normal" person.

Hollie in MT
04-20-2003, 03:08 AM
I do drink slimfast (the soy fruit ones) on the weekends. I thought I was getting protein. Guess I'll have to look for another route when it comes to a protein drink. Thanks for the info. :bravo:

Suzanne 3FC
04-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Slimfast has one of the highest, if not THE highest, failure rates of all diet products.

I'd be very careful about the site that this info came from, though. The few reviews of diets may be a good way to get traffic. However, the purpose of the website is to sell a lot of diet supplements and their information on them is far from accurate. Most of the items they list have been proven in extensive research NOT to help in weight loss, and many can be harmful if taken by people with pre-existing medical conditions.

Hollie, I make soy protein smoothies every morning. I use a good handful of partially thawed frozen strawberries, a small banana, about a half cup of nonfat sugarfree vanilla yogurt, and enough skim milk to make it the right consistency. I also add a scoop of pure soy protein powder (unflavored, no additional ingredients).

I don't get enough protein from my normal diet, so this helps round things out. My choice of soy protein is mainly due to the recommendations by the FDA and the American Heart Association. I make my own shakes instead of buying the odd mixtures on the market because I like to be in control of what I put in my body, lol. There are so many products on the market these days that are overloaded with unnecessary or potentially dangerous ingredients :(

Derek
04-20-2003, 06:44 PM
I didn't lose any weight following the slim-fast diet for a month. It's also really hard to follow it all the time, like when you're out with friends or whatnot. Plus I am ALWAYS hungry when I have it, and I got sick of the meal bars (nasty!).

Hollie in MT
04-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Thanks Suzanne for your recipe protein mixture, I will indeed try that. Can I get the dry soy at any grocery store, or do I need to go to a health food store? Also, is there a particular brand that is better then others? Thanks!!! :D

Misti in Seattle
04-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Good posts, all! I agree about Slimfast... I read the labels and could not believe anyone would eat the stuff! Sugar sugar and sugar mixed with junk! But good point too, Suzanne, about being careful what you believe you read just because it is on a website. :)

Sue

loranden
04-23-2003, 02:55 PM
In my honest opinion, SlimFast isn't a very good product. The meal bars taste like......DOG FOOD!:lol: There is also a lot of sugar in the shakes, and to be honest, I was hungrier on Slim Fast than I am now on a healthier plan. For the 220 calories in one shake, I can have my steamed vegetables over rice, a piece of fresh fruit, and two ounces of baked fish--all of 4 grams of fat or less.

trixiepup
04-25-2003, 03:23 AM
I used slimfast and nestle sweet success when I had my wisdom teeth out. The smell of the shakes alone has the power to make me sick now. Especially those strawberry ones....uggh.

RobinBeBe
04-27-2003, 09:54 AM
I use MetRx Meal replacement shakes, and protein powder. These are loaded with nutrients, much better than slimfast. But I only use one a day to help me with my protein intake. Otherwise I eat real food. I follow Body Rx so I need the added protein for my workouts.

If you want recipes for shakes, there is a great sticky in the ladies who lift forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18797&perpage=15&pagenumber=6. It is the one by DiamondDeb.

Robin

MelisAGoGo
05-05-2003, 09:52 AM
Quick note on good places to find pure soy powder-grocery stores may have it, but chances are it'll be a VERY limited selection and more expensive. Places like Wild Oats and other whole food/health food stores will have more variety and the staff are generally more knowledgeable about the products. I was using a soy shake mix (and these soy bars that were like Rice Krispie treats only made with soy nuts that were fab) from www.revivalhealth.com -was using this to try to lower my cholesterol but it's expensive and I didn't care for the vanilla shake one iota. The stuff has 31 grams of carbs (and that's if you make it with WATER) but also had 20 grams of protein (24 grams of soy protein isolate) and it gave me horrendous gas.

It may have been helpful to some of their reps-those people were all gung ho....almost like metabolife people, but it wasn't helpful to me. The only satisfaction I got from it was a full tummy.

take care,
Melis

NicoleNYC
05-05-2003, 02:12 PM
I might be the only person in the world who likes the meal bars. Not all of the, but there are two I'm crazy about. I use them on mornings when I'm going to be up and out the door in a hurry or when I want something to stick in my bag for a snack later. I'd rather eat a meal bar than nothing and they beat fast food if you know you're going to be out for a long time without a lot of options. I especially like to have one on mornings when we have a very early flight, and they're good to have on the plane for something to keep your tummy from growling.

Sweet Madness
05-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Following the slimfast plan exactly *will* help you lose weight! (Note the reason for this is because slimfast is so disgusting you won't want to drink them... thus the only calories you will be consuming will come from your one meal)
Bottom line.... BLECK!:lol:

Autumn S
05-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Slim fast wouldnt work for me either.

I make my own drinks with whey protein, strawberries, raspberries, mango, plain yogurt and a little oj, plus ice.

I have thyroid issues so soy protein isnt something I can use but whey protein I like really well.

pleechs
05-19-2003, 08:59 PM
What does soy protein have to do with a thyroid issue? I have had one side of the thyroid removed. And slim fast has never worked for me either!!! ick!!!

karefree2
05-21-2003, 11:01 AM
My gyn advised me to stay away from soy because my estrogen levels were very high from eating soy. I had to have a 'glorified DNC' to stop the bleeding and she believes it was from the soy protein. Pity because I really enjoyed the edemame and the boca burgers along with the protein shakes.

trixiepup
05-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Too much soy can cause or increase thyroid problems according to some stuff I've read. I don't remember what it does exactly, or how it does it, but they found that young children who eat a lot of soy products are more likely to have thyroid problems later in life. I think about.com has some information on this topic.

I think if your thyroid is already weakened, I would watch the soy intake. Maybe just have it once a week, or a few times a month instead of on a daily or every meal basis.

KTSWEAR
05-25-2003, 11:42 PM
I guess I'm one of the few who truly likes slimfast and their diet plan. I don't use the shakes to FILL me up but to take the edge off of my hunger. This product is not supposed to make you feel like you just ate a Big Mac and large fries, but to hold you over till you can have a good meal. I'm also a self proclaimed chocoholic and they help me to satisfy the need for this diet busting delicacy.
I truly would like to ask if the author of this if they have really looked into the meal plan at all. I am 5'3" and a small frame. The slimfast plan allows me at least 1300 calories a day. By past experience I know that that is too much, I will maintain a weight of about 121 pounds and that is overweight for my frame. I keep myself on a plan of 1000 calories max and 15 fat grams per day, I eat constantly and in less than 9 weeks I have lost a total of 22 lbs (half of my goal) without feeling deprived. I do eat sensibly by using great websites such as this one's recipe index. :chin:

148/126/106
mw/cw/gw

MrsJim
05-26-2003, 12:02 PM
The problem with SlimFast can be summed up in one word: "sugar". That's where most of the calories in a Slim-Fast product (bars OR shakes) come from.

I *have* looked at the Slim-Fast website and seen their basic diet plan...let's take a look.

Breakfast - Slim-Fast shake or meal bar
Snack - fresh fruit, nonfat yogurt or 1 oz low-fat cheese
Lunch - Slim-Fast shake or meal bar plus a piece of fruit
Snack - Slim-Fast snack bar, veggies or low-fat soup
Dinner - 4-6 oz lean meat, fish or poultry; baked potato; veggies, salad and fruit
Snack - Air-popped popcorn, fat-free pudding or pretzels.

The snack bars (according to the Slim-Fast website) average 120 calories, with anywhere from 12-22 sugar grams...which means that of the 120 calories in the bar...48 to 88 of those calories are pure sugar. Additionally there is only ONE GRAM (or less!) of protein. I can't stress how BAD sugar is if you're trying to lose weight - because for many people, eating sugar creates cravings for more sugar - unlike protein, which has a MUCH higher satisfaction rate than sugar.

The ready-to-drink shakes appear to have an average of 220 calories and 35 grams of sugar - in other words, 140 of those 220 calories are pure sugar. (the powdered mix has less sugar, but remember - milk (even skim milk!) has sugar in it as well - 15 grams per cup!)

The meal plan above (taken from the Slim-Fast website) is very low in protein and fat, very high in simple carbs (i.e. sugar).

Now, I'm not knocking the use of meal replacement shakes - just the Slim-Fast type. Understand that the Slim-Fast company are basically selling a product that is VERY cheap for them to produce. Sugar is a very cheap food source. (and I use the term 'food' very loosely in this instance).

Now, if you wanna go the shake route to help in your diet, there are PLENTY of meal replacement shakes that are MUCH higher quality than this sugar water (I call it "SlimFat" myself). They're a bit more expensive - but if you shop around on the Internet you can find great prices (don't buy them at GNC - that's the most expensive place around!!!). My favorite online shopping places for meal replacements are vitaglo.com and netrition.com. And you might find that the higher-quality meal replacements taste BETTER than SlimFat, er SlimFast :lol: Also, the ingredients in the products listed below are of MUCH higher quality.

Recommendations:

EAS' Myoplex Lite shake powder - I like the Capuchino Ice flavor the best...there are a ton of flavors though. 190 calories, 25 grams of protein and less than 2 grams sugar!

Labrada Lean Body For Her - I believe this only comes in two flavors at this time - Soft vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice cream. 170 calories, 30 grams of protein and 1 gram sugar.

Met-Rx Lite Drink Mix - I have not actually tried this product so I can't tell you how it tastes...but it has 180 calories, 25 grams protein and 3g sugar.

Biotest Classic GROW! Meal Replacement - Personally, I didn't care for the flavor but a lot of people love the stuff - they say it tastes like cake batter...judge for yourself...rather than single-serving envelopes it comes in a tub, so you can choose your own portion size. 3 scoops is 300 calories, 40g protein and 3g sugar - I'd probably use 2 scoops as a serving.

Meg
05-26-2003, 01:32 PM
I want to second Mrs Jim’s emphasis on protein in our diets as we try to lose weight. It is important to remember that what we really are trying to do is to lose FAT, not just “weight”, since our bodies are made up of water, fat, skin, bone etc. What we want to lose is the fat and what we really want to preserve and build is the muscle.

So the composition of the calories that we eat is at least as important as the total number of the calories — in other words, not all calories provide the same “fuel” for our bodies — 100 calories of sugar are not the same as 100 calories of say, grilled chicken breast. To spare our bodies from burning off muscle as we lose weight, we want to eat good-quality protein (egg whites, fish, chicken etc.) and exercise with weights to strengthen and build our muscles.

I lost 135 pounds of fat and added 10 pounds of muscle while I was losing weight by emphasizing protein in my diet. I use Fitday.com to track the nutritional composition of what I eat and I generally am in the range of 45% protein / 30% good-quality complex carbs / 25% good fats. I eat NO added sugar at all and try to limit even fruit and dairy sugars (fructose and lactose) because they adversely affect fat loss for me.

The problem, as Mrs Jim discussed, with a product like SlimFast and its diet plan is the huge amount of sugar that replaces protein in your diet. Sure, you can keep your calories low and you can lose “weight” — the scale will go down. But for long-term health and fat loss, I think that a diet without the sugar and with more protein will give you more success.

Meg

Yaseta
05-29-2003, 11:13 AM
The latest on soy protein is that too much of it can actually be bad for you - so much plant estrogen. The Japanese benefit from it because they eat it in the form of miso and tofu, and not super concentrated in the form of protein shakes. Male body builders won't touch the stuff (gives 'em boobs I guess).

Whey and casein (combined) is an excellent protein source to add to your homemade shakes, but don't cook whey - it destroys a lot of the compounds (forget the pancake recipes with whey). My favorite meal replacement powder is Myoplex Lite, and protein powder (mix in other things) is Grow! from www.netrition.com
I also found this PP that's just "milk and eggs" I get sick of making 6 little meals a day from scratch, and the PPs and MRPs really help.

I had one Slimfast once and it was so sweet I gagged on it. Total crap.

RavenToy
05-31-2003, 05:38 PM
I'm finding some good prices on EAS stuff at this site ...

www.eassportnutrition.com

Better prices than vitaglo or netrition on some of the stuff, but they charge for shipping. Not sure what the difference would come out to.

RobinBeBe
05-31-2003, 07:35 PM
I agree with you all on the slimfast shakes. They to me taste like chemicals.

I have been using the MET Rx shakes - (the regular, not the lite, since I have high protein requirements) and they are very good.
LaBrada is also good.....and the good thing about them is that they also have no corn syrup/fructose or transfats, which unfortunately all the others do.

I just got my first box of Myoplex Lite in Capp Ice.....can't wait to try it :)

I have been getting my protein supplements at Vitamin shoppe - they have 20-50 percent off of their products at the store, and the prices are comparable to the online sites, w/o the shipping.

Robin :cb:

Misti in Seattle
06-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Suzanne... one more comment about your caution about the site this came from. One thing that stood out to me is that they said the 3 main ingredients are milk, sugar and cocoa... in other words milk, sugar and sugar. While I am amazed that anyone reading the label of ingredients of this stuff could think it was healthy the fact remains that cocoa is NOT sugar. Pure cocoa has no sugar and is in fact very low calorie. I mix it with my coffee grounds all the time and add extracts to the milk... and have great "mocha lattes!"

Sue

RaiderMom
06-01-2003, 11:32 AM
If I have to skip breakfast because I'm running late...I grab an EAS Carb Control shake. The chocolate fudge is delicious and it DOES fill you up. The calories are 110 and they provide 15 grams of protein. You can find a six pack at WalMart for $5-6, I've also seen them at Kroger.

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/eas-drinks2.jpg

All SlimFast does is give me the sugar shakes......no thank you.

sheamarie1
06-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Slim Fast is NOTHING BUT SUGAR and doesn't fill you up. Not many people can LIVE ON IT! You need to find something you can LIVE ON that is HEALTHY! Feel free to agree or disagree.

Marlana78
06-25-2003, 01:19 AM
I have to tell you, I've been on Slim Fast now for three weeks and lost 12 lbs. I love it. It's extremely easy. And yes, you might be loosing muscle too as it said in the review....

HOWEVER....you're only loosing muscle if you aren't trying to gain muscle. I swim, walk, and exercise routinely. If you are just sitting on your butt, then what do you expect? I love the shakes. I can't drink by itself....unless it's accompanied with cookies... :lol: ...

Anyways...I give it two thumbs up. I'm able to watch my caloric intake. I'm on a 1700 calorie diet right now, and it's more than enough for me. If you guys could see my nutrional logs....the ONLY thing I am lacking in is Fiber (which that was one of the things in the review)....BUT I'm not eating enough fruits and vegetables, either....so that would also be my fault....

Reading this review almost discouraged me, until I realized how many diets I've actually been on in the last 3 years (since I gave birth to my son). I would definitely recommend it to ACTIVE people.

Just my take on it.....

nirvanagurly
07-07-2003, 02:58 PM
I actually liked slimfast..i did get bored with it and moved on to my own homemade weight watchers points thing, but at first the slimfast at least got me going..in the habit of counting cals again which works for me personally..
but thats just me..i really just wanted to say to the one poster..your not crazy..i loved the granola choc. chip and peanutbutter bars..lol god those were good..lol

but i like chocolate for breakfest..and am a strange eatter anyways..lol

i think thast why slimfast worked for me..
i have never been a normal eatter, i dont like typical *adult* food..lol
heaven to me is a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich or kraft mac and cheese..lol
so for me slimfast was easier to use just to start me in the right direction cuz it still tasted sweet and i could taste peanut butter:)

now a days i do eat a lil more *adult* like..i am just at a lack of words other then that one..lol
i have tried some new things and do eat more of a variety of stuff..but it was a hard hard change for me..and for me i really needed to get completely bored of eatting choc . and peanut butter to get to where i am now..lol

so for that i do credit slimfast:)

Tallara
07-07-2003, 03:39 PM
I also used slimfast and was starving most the time, ended up overly binging and loosing nothing. Upon reading the lables I ended up making my own Meal with food for the same amt of calories that stuff offered. It also reeked havoc on my digestive tract.

I do get soy in the form of soy cereals or soy nuts in a soytrail mix i get in the Kroger healthfood section. I take it with my flax seed.

I must laugh at the commericals "I dont feel deprived"

BS! I was so hungry on that plan I ate 2x what I would have had I stuck to healthy foods throughout the day.

Irishgirl
07-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Slim fast is for those who don't mind starving themselves only to put on double the weight when you go off Slim Fast....Slim Fast should be Banned!!!!! :nono:

rainbowmyst
08-05-2003, 12:04 AM
I'm fairly sure this doesn't work and may make matters worse. A very good friend of mine has been using this product for over a year. She's gained about fifteen pounds since she began "dieting" and using this product. She claims she's been following the plan exactly.

HarmonyBreeze
09-17-2003, 02:20 PM
I did the Slim-Fast thing for 2 months, and followed it to the letter. Not only did I get sick of eating SWEET things all the time, I didn't lose a single pound. I was exercising 3x a week, too. I think it's ridiculous that those meal bars are 220 calories, I can think of a lot more tasty ways to spend 220 calories. And why does everything offered by Slim-Fast have to be so darn sugary??? Anyway, I wasn't impressed, it didn't work for me, but who knows -- it might work for you. I doubt it, though. Besides, if it makes you lose weight, you'll gain it back when you go off it, since the plan teaches you zero about healthy eating habits so you won't know what to eat to keep the weight off.

MrsJim
09-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by HarmonyBreeze
And why does everything offered by Slim-Fast have to be so darn sugary???

Simple answer: because sugar is a cheap source of carbs.

Just call it SlimFat :lol:

silverdove
09-18-2003, 08:30 PM
I lost a good amount of weight on slim fast about four years ago.

Yet, here I am the pounds found their way home really fast.

This time it's going to be a good balanced plan that I can live with for the rest of my life.

taras
07-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I want to post this message I sent to my physician about the HMR meal replacement program I tried. I did have migraines and digestive problems with this program and the meals tasted like dog food to me. I want to figure out two things - How to get myself to eat in the morning so I don't get over-hungry and eat crap later and how to cook low fat healthy food and be knowledgable about what calories I am putting in my body. I thank all of you for posting the other products aside from slim fast. as with others, I used it to kick start the process so it would be easy and I wouldn't be overwhelmed. losing 100+ pounds is a lot to take on. I have aheadache now, and it's probably because i haven't had enough protein. I was terribly disappointed by HMR's coach - i was really looking for a group. I have thought since, that perhaps i wanted to geive someone else the responsibility for my weight loss instead of taking it on myself. I have lost weight in the last three weeks - not sure how much because i try not to weigh myself more than once a week. I just don't want to get into the obsessive-compulsive stuff that sometimes comes with being hungry all the time. So I will look for something healthier than slim fast (less sugar). I am 210.5 on 6/24 to 205.5 on 7/1 - trying to stick with about 1700 calories a day. I take the slim fast with me at jobsites, so I have at least something handy.

"I went to the meeting tonight with my husband and family
rooting for me. They are interested in selling their
product, and not in helping me work out ways to change my
food habits and solve problems in way that helps me. There
is little give and take at HMR - if you can't tolerate the
artificial sweeteners, they don't want you there. They
don't want to tailor their program to our needs if it
doesn't fit their corporate plan. They don't want anyone
to say in the group meetings that the "product" isn't
agreeing with them. Well anyway..... what do I do now but
try to pull my family around me. I bought some slimfast
and some prefab meals. It takes a lot to get the
motivation to try to change. I am really disappointed in
HMR and the flexibility. I think you should get the co-op
to change to a more flexible program that doesn't eject
people. I went into this mostly for the group support. Do
you have any other suggestions within ghc to approach this
problem?" thanks for listening

fotojunkie
07-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Slimfast did not work for me, I had WORSE sugar cravings than ever! Also, I found that my skin broke out and was blotchy whenever I was drinking the stuff for a day or two. I stopped drinking it and my skin got radiant and glowing. I just created my own eating lifestyle and developed my own recipes and the weight fell off.

The best way to lose weight is to create a lifestyle that you can live with. Slimfast is a short-term thing. Being thin and healthy is not a short-term thing for me. I have some wonderful recipes for breakfast bars and smoothies that are good for you, put healthy things into your body and give you energy, sans the sugar.

Many a day I would lament over my Slimfast, "There's GOT to be a better way!"

And I found it.

taras
07-09-2004, 07:20 AM
went for a late night walk on the lake tonight and enjoyed it. trying not to eat or drink anything regretful... almost successful. what a pleasure.

spores
07-09-2004, 07:23 PM
I do drink slimfast (the soy fruit ones) on the weekends. I thought I was getting protein. Guess I'll have to look for another route when it comes to a protein drink. Thanks for the info. :bravo:

If you're looking for a pre-manufactured shake that's high in soy protein and low in fat, I recommend the Kashi shakes and the Natural Soy shakes. Both are from reliable companies, and taste a lot better than Slim Fast.

goeatanapple
07-15-2004, 10:05 AM
My cousin was eating and drinking that crap and she offered me one of the chocolate bars. She said, "at first it tastes okay, then it tastes like cardboard." Soooooooooo true, uuuuuuurgh, give me my soy milk and fresh fruit n vegies as snacks any day!!

Guy
07-16-2004, 12:46 AM
I have some wonderful recipes for breakfast bars and smoothies that are good for you, put healthy things into your body and give you energy, sans the sugar.

I would really appreciate it if you could share some of those recipes with us. My wife and I are currently using Slimfast as we find the shakes to be simple and convenient, but we would definitely like to try something more nutritious! Thanks in advance. :p

Suzanne 3FC
07-16-2004, 06:08 AM
I agree, we can always use more recipes! We hope you'll copy them to our food forum :)

In the meantime, we have about 70 smoothie recipes (http://www.3fatchicks.com/cookbook/lowfat-smoothie-recipes.php) in our recipe section.

I like to just throw things in the blender. I mix nonfat plain yogurt, Splenda, soy protein powder, fruits, and milk as needed. I love to mix in unsweetened applesauce and a liberal dash of cinnamon. Tastes like apple pie :)

Noodles913
07-16-2004, 06:24 AM
I like to just throw things in the blender. I mix nonfat plain yogurt, Splenda, soy protein powder, fruits, and milk as needed. I love to mix in unsweetened applesauce and a liberal dash of cinnamon. Tastes like apple pie :)

Yum....that sounds good to me!! I'm going to try that. I bought a $40 blender to make these things and I never do. Guess it's time to start!! :smug:

MrsJim
07-16-2004, 10:30 AM
I don't make smoothies very often - I need something more solid in my tummy to keep me going - but when I do I prefer to use my Braun hand blender! A lot easier to clean up than my Osterizer (and yup, it crushes ice too).

Something along the same lines: I like to use my Braun to 'cream' cottage cheese smooth (not a big curd fan), blend with a 'light' yogurt such as Light & Fit, a dash of vanilla extract, maybe pop in a spoonful of vanilla FF/SF instant pudding mix and put the whole thing in the fridge for 20 minutes or so to 'set' into a cheesecake-like consistency (if you use the pudding mix that is). VERY yummy and satisfying - lotsa protein too!

taras
07-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Thanks for all the info on this forum. I am currently and officially 10 pounds down and continuing. I have opted to take slimfast as an emergency supply in my travels and have been making great salads and other stuff. real food does taste better and is more satisfying. I am about to take the last of my registration exams and am used to dulling the fear with wine - i have stopped drinking wine (except on special party occasions) and have made it about 4 weeks now without for the most part. I still don't trust myself to have it in the house because i am concerned with my own temptation to drink more than a glass or two. the question i have is, if i used food and wine to calm my nerves, and i am currently really under a lot of stress, and have to study a lot (which i don't enjoy at all) what should i do to replace them? i feel like i hold things in a lot and then they bubble out. i get annoyed easily and i think it's because i am so scared. i have five more exams out of nine total. it will take at least two months to get through this and i am totally on edge and miserable. i don't know how i can live with this and not make it a torture session. any words of encouragement? what is the best forum to ask for help in? i am a newbie in the group - support is appreciated. thanks :?: :bomb:

auntlynnie
07-16-2004, 11:08 PM
I don't know what program you're doing, but it sounds like you need to get some frustration out with exercise. If you have access, a punching bag is great for getting out frustrations! :D Vigorous walking can also reduce stress. Just make sure you check with your doctor first to make sure you're healthy enough to do it! ;)

Suzanne 3FC
07-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Great suggestion! I've also used walking as a way to release stress from work. I've driven home many times clutching the wheel :lol: I enjoy putting on my headphones and using the treadmill. For the next 30 to 60 minutes, nothing else matters. It's very nice :)

atrae
07-24-2004, 03:18 AM
Um, am I the only one who is 100% happy with slimfast? I've been losing weight very well on it...2 lbs a week...But maybe it is because I was always a sugar and carboholic. After yoyo dieting for so long I feel like I've found something that is working. I can have my sweets for every meal, lol. I feel better too now that I am getting the vitamins and minerals found in them....

Or maybe I'm just weird....