Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #1  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat Weekend 8/4-8/5/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 08-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning, all. I had my second WI today and I'm happily down another 2.2 lbs. Love this diet!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning IPeeps,

Here we are in Dayton for a car show and wake up to thunder. OMG. Fortunately, when I look at the radar, it's only a small patch already moving away. Everyone keep your fingers crossed it stays away today.

A day at a car show and then a 300+ mile drive back to the cottage. I have a couple RTD and a bar to keep me for the day.

Will miss my WI as I do not have a scale up at the cottage. Oh well, hopefully the loss will look even better after two weeks.

Have a great Saturday and stay OP.

Molly
Old 08-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Saturday!

The kids actually slept in a little bit, and so did mommy They're currently watching an Avengers cartoon while I catch up on some emails. I have a baking order to get out the door and then work tonight, nothing too exciting!

Tomorrow is the birthday party for a friend's daughter - I feel a little better about staying OP there, it's the first social event since starting and I know what my temptation will be - they are craft beer drinkers and so are (were) we. Hubby has been fully briefed and is enlisted to help keep me strong! I'm so lucky that he's supportive of this, he's been a trouper eating all the new veggie dishes I've been trying and he encourages me every day!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning. Slept in today. Feels great.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPeeps,

Here we are in Dayton for a car show and wake up to thunder. OMG. Fortunately, when I look at the radar, it's only a small patch already moving away. Everyone keep your fingers crossed it stays away today.

A day at a car show and then a 300+ mile drive back to the cottage. I have a couple RTD and a bar to keep me for the day.

Will miss my WI as I do not have a scale up at the cottage. Oh well, hopefully the loss will look even better after two weeks.

good morning Molly!!!! enjoy your car show...and the license tag game on the way back to the cottage!!!

Have a great Saturday and stay OP.

Molly

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Tomorrow is the birthday party for a friend's daughter - I feel a little better about staying OP there, it's the first social event since starting and I know what my temptation will be - they are craft beer drinkers and so are (were) we. Hubby has been fully briefed and is enlisted to help keep me strong! I'm so lucky that he's supportive of this, he's been a trouper eating all the new veggie dishes I've been trying and he encourages me every day!

good morning scorbett ... you are lucky indeed to have a hubby who eats what you do...enjoy your social outing....i have found them easier to stay op more and more...my first time out to eat made me nervous, but the wait staff and everyone were so nice and the order came in perfect...it made things much smoother. and my road trip, i was 100% op and lost over 4 pounds that week, and it was all worth it!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
good morning vet!!!! welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL IP WEEKEND!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-04-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #7  

Default It started with banana bread (sorry long)

I woke up this morning to thunder and lightening. So glad it's raining in this drought-stricken area.

So, yesterday was tough IP-wise but I made it through my day 5.

I decided on IP banana bread in the am. IP banana pudding, zucchini, 2 egg whites, spices, yada, yada, in the oven for 15 minutes http://jenniferscollectionofrecipes....deal%20Protein

I don't have/can't find muffin pan so use ramekin instead. The small one turns out just fine. The larger one is uncooked in the middle.

Out the door with mushy muffins to eat on the road.
Note to self: Get a silicone muffin pan because these babies STUCK to the ramekins. This IP business is getting MORE expensive!

First stop hair cut. Nice little chat with my hairdresser of over 15 years. I don't tell him I've started IP. I want to surprise him 6 weeks from now.

2nd stop, the Cutco store to get my knives sharpened. Wow! St. Louis has a Cutco store and I don't have to arrange someone to come to my home to try to sell me more of something I already have!

I'm right by Trader Joes. Contemplate stopping there. No. Nothing I really "need". I"ll leave with other stuff. Not a good idea. So I don't go (and later read I would have wanted some Pure Protein bars & RTD shakes for emergencies.)

Home for lunch. I have soup planned. IP mushroom soup w/ pureed veggies. So I put the veggies and chicken broth on the stove to cook. 4 c. veggies. 1 c. chicken broth so I don't have to cook every day (this IP business is causing a LOT more cooking!)

When the veggies are just about ready, I prepare my mushroom soup. I puree the veggies and broth in the Vitamix, I toss the soup in there, sit down to eat and THEN realize I've put 1 packet of IP soup in 4 c. pureed veggies! NOT what I meant to do! So, I make another packet of soup (broccoli-cheese because I don't have more mushroom) and mix half in my lunch and half in the reserve for tomorrow. This will be my first attempt at determining whether this stuff can "keep" til later.

After lunch, sit for a while and look at all the stuff I have to do around the house. We recently moved and right afterward I had foot surgery. A lot remains to be completed but my foot still needs rest or it swells (which is why I'm sitting).

Check 3 fat chicks forums while sitting.

Call boss. I'm a teacher who is supposed to return to work Tuesday. I'm moving locations & somebody is taking my previous spot but I still have personal items there due to the foot surgery. I offer to go in on Monday if I can bargain for comp time for a different day. She agrees. So now I return to work Monday.

Make a new music playlist on my iPhone.
Play said playlist while cleaning up the kitchen. Contact hubby about dinner plans. Thaw something or out? He informs me he is going to a retirement party after work. He wants to go out but not til 7 pm. Okay. I change my IP snack time to accommodate. And I change the snack b/c I'm hungry so I have a restricted. After the snack, I still have the munchies so I know I'm not really hungry, I just want to eat. Two different things. I drink water.

Finish laundry and other straightening up items around the house. Watch Olympics while playing on my iPad/drinking water, trying to ignore wanting to eat. I know I can have another packet or a salad but I don't. I'm also kinda low energy.

So then hubby texts to say he's gonna be later. I'm glad he wasn't home when I get that news. Doesn't he KNOW I'm frustrated? Doesn't he KNOW this IP thing is hard at the beginning? Doesn't he KNOW I'm gnawing my knuckles (figuratively) waiting for him to come so we can go to dinner? Instead I reply that's kinda late for me, maybe I'll go by myself since I didn't have anything thawed. I tell him I'm hungry. He tells me he's on his way home. (yes he does love me)

We get to the restaurant. They accommodate my request for our appetizer (sliced cucumber instead of pita bread) but only bring his beer and not my water. I have to request it twice. I order lamb shank & salad. Dinner comes. My meal has rice which I had specified I didn't want. I put the lamb on the salad plate & give hubby the rice. He gives me some of his veggies (which I should have also gotten).

We go to the store b/c he wants shirts. I would have gone earlier but I was distracted by "not eating" today (defined as not eating anything I want any time I want) and forgot.

We get home. I watch Olympics with ice on my foot and lemon water next to me. He hangs up shirts and gets ready for bed. It has been a long week for him and a long day for me. I finally go to bed b/c I still want to eat.

I write about these things because a "normal" day can be a day filled with minor annoyances which become larger than life when your nerves are on edge as the body is getting used to something new. Today I'll talk to my husband about IP being sort've like a detox for a couple weeks and I'll need his support to get through it 100%. That's my plan. 100%. I'm sick of being fat, tired, and sore. This fat is infringing on my life. It has to go.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-04-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I soooo envy those of you that got to sleep in today. Saturday is my "Monday" in my work week so up early for me. No sleeping in. But anyway my WI was good this week, another 2 lbs. I seem to be stuck at 2 each week for the last few weeks. Slow but steady wins the race I guess, but it would be nice to have the 3-5 that others seem to be losing. But as my hubby tells me, its not a race, but a life journey. (Wise hubby I have) So I will be happy with my 2 and now that I've started working out I hope that my last 14 lbs will go quickly and then I can go to Phase 2!

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #9  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I woke up this morning to thunder and lightening. So glad it's raining in this drought-stricken area.

I decided on IP banana bread in the am. IP banana pudding, zucchini, 2 egg whites, spices, yada, yada, in the oven for 15 minutes http://jenniferscollectionofrecipes....deal%20Protein

I don't have/can't find muffin pan so use ramekin instead. The small one turns out just fine. The larger one is uncooked in the middle.

Note to self: Get a silicone muffin pan because these babies STUCK to the ramekins. This IP business is getting MORE expensive!

First stop hair cut. Nice little chat with my hairdresser of over 15 years. I don't tell him I've started IP. I want to surprise him 6 weeks from now.

2nd stop, the Cutco store to get my knives sharpened. Wow! St. Louis has a Cutco store and I don't have to arrange someone to come to my home to try to sell me more of something I already have!

I'm right by Trader Joes. Contemplate stopping there. No. Nothing I really "need". I"ll leave with other stuff. Not a good idea. So I don't go (and later read I would have wanted some Pure Protein bars & RTD shakes for emergencies.)

Home for lunch. I have soup planned. IP mushroom soup w/ pureed veggies. So I put the veggies and chicken broth on the stove to cook. 4 c. veggies. 1 c. chicken broth so I don't have to cook every day (this IP business is causing a LOT more cooking!)

When the veggies are just about ready, I prepare my mushroom soup. I puree the veggies and broth in the Vitamix, I toss the soup in there, sit down to eat and THEN realize I've put 1 packet of IP soup in 4 c. pureed veggies! NOT what I meant to do! So, I make another packet of soup (broccoli-cheese because I don't have more mushroom) and mix half in my lunch and half in the reserve for tomorrow. This will be my first attempt at determining whether this stuff can "keep" til later.

After lunch, sit for a while and look at all the stuff I have to do around the house. We recently moved and right afterward I had foot surgery. A lot remains to be completed but my foot still needs rest or it swells (which is why I'm sitting).

Call boss. I'm a teacher who is supposed to return to work Tuesday. I'm moving locations & somebody is taking my previous spot but I still have personal items there due to the foot surgery. I offer to go in on Monday if I can bargain for comp time for a different day. She agrees. So now I return to work Monday.

Play said playlist while cleaning up the kitchen. Contact hubby about dinner plans. Thaw something or out? He informs me he is going to a retirement party after work. He wants to go out but not til 7 pm. Okay. I change my IP snack time to accommodate. And I change the snack b/c I'm hungry so I have a restricted. After the snack, I still have the munchies so I know I'm not really hungry, I just want to eat. Two different things. I drink water.

Finish laundry and other straightening up items around the house. Watch Olympics while playing on my iPad/drinking water, trying to ignore wanting to eat. I know I can have another packet or a salad but I don't. I'm also kinda low energy.

So then hubby texts to say he's gonna be later. I'm glad he wasn't home when I get that news. Doesn't he KNOW I'm frustrated? Doesn't he KNOW this IP thing is hard at the beginning? Doesn't he KNOW I'm gnawing my knuckles (figuratively) waiting for him to come so we can go to dinner? Instead I reply that's kinda late for me, maybe I'll go by myself since I didn't have anything thawed. I tell him I'm hungry. He tells me he's on his way home. (yes he does love me)

We get to the restaurant. They accommodate my request for our appetizer (sliced cucumber instead of pita bread) but only bring his beer and not my water. I have to request it twice. I order lamb shank & salad. Dinner comes. My meal has rice which I had specified I didn't want. I put the lamb on the salad plate & give hubby the rice. He gives me some of his veggies (which I should have also gotten).

We go to the store b/c he wants shirts. I would have gone earlier but I was distracted by "not eating" today (defined as not eating anything I want any time I want) and forgot.

We get home. I watch Olympics with ice on my foot and lemon water next to me. He hangs up shirts and gets ready for bed. It has been a long week for him and a long day for me.

I write about these things because a "normal" day can be a day filled with minor annoyances which become larger than life when your nerves are on edge as the body is getting used to something new. Today I'll talk to my husband about IP being sort've like a detox for a couple weeks and I'll need his support to get through it 100%. That's my plan. 100%. I'm sick of being fat, tired, and sore. This fat is infringing on my life. It has to go.
What a day! You are right though, minor annoyances do add up. You did the right thing and didn't give into anything! You are in the right frame of mind for this lifestyle change and will do awesome. I'm excited to watch your progress!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

4.9 pounds down in two weeks, but no inches. I am down a total of 36.2 pounds. I am a little disappointed because I wanted to weigh 225 by next Saturday. It is still possible, just unlikely. The one thing that bodes well for it is that this should be my three pound week on my one pound then three pounds cycle. 4.9 pounds is still very good since I was on vacation last weekend. I did cheat over the weekend, but the cheat was eating two meals of meat and veggies and eliminating one packet for two days, so I think my cheat was more two days of Phase 2. Good luck to everyone who weighs today!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #11  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Great morning everyone! Thunder storms here too! Fingers crossed we ACTUALLY get the much needed rain. The Platte River is so low the barges can't get through and the fish are flopping up on the dry river bed and dying. So sad.

Anyway, Looking forward to a productive day - after I solve life's immediate issues i.e. my DH's cell phone decided to fail today. This is going to be bad, really bad. He lives by this thing as we own our own business. Hopefully Best Buy will be VERY accomodating today (fingers, toes, eyes crossed). My DH is not a very nice person when he is unhappy. WATCH OUT WORLD!

Good news, down 4 # today, after going out and being social last night - I'll take that. I was a really, really good girl. I ordered a taco salad minus the shell and sour cream. UMMMMM.

Have a great Saturday, I'll try to check in later (post crisis I hope )
Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Thought I'd check in. I've been working out of town while finishing up Phase 3; tomorrow I start Phase 4! I weighed in this morning and was surprisingly down a pound (never look a gift horse in the mouth!).
So much exciting news on see boards! I know others have emphasized it here but MaMaZu will repeat this: Do not compare your weight loss journey to anyone else's! You are unique! My weight loss in the IP world could be looked at as relatively slow, OR, as awesome and incredible! I am post-menopausal and am thrilled to be rid of the weight.
Enjoy the journey, it really is an incredible diet plan...

Barbara
Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Saturday!

The kids actually slept in a little bit, and so did mommy They're currently watching an Avengers cartoon while I catch up on some emails. I have a baking order to get out the door and then work tonight, nothing too exciting!

Just to let you know I was excited to see someone from Ma. I live on the Cape East Sandwich. Welcome to ip . Nancy
Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

We get home. I watch Olympics with ice on my foot and lemon water next to me. He hangs up shirts and gets ready for bed. It has been a long week for him and a long day for me. I finally go to bed b/c I still want to eat.

i enjoyed reading about your day and seeing how well you triumphed over all the obstacles!!!!!!!! I can see a phenomenal success story coming...can't wait to follow your journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep posting more days!! i love it!!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #15  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post

Good news, down 4 # today, after going out and being social last night - I'll take that. I was a really, really good girl. I ordered a taco salad minus the shell and sour cream. UMMMMM.
)

woohoo

HAPPY DANCE!!! HAPPY DANCE!!
GREAT WEEKLY LOSS!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-04-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Closed Thread