Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Make-up and sweat?

I usually only wear make-up to go out, but I want to start feeling good about how I look even while I'm still overweight, and am considering wearing some light everyday make-up. However, in the past, the cheap foundations/powders I use tend to be more a burden than anything else, because I tend to sweat when I walk, go outside, etc. It's just enough sweat to make make-up generally uncomfortable or make me worry about it looking bad.

Does anyone have any advice on how to wear make-up even when you're a bit sweaty faced? I was wondering if a light powder like bare minerals might be better than liquid foundation in this case.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

I use Urban Decay's makeup setting spray on top of my Bare Minerals and it really does help. Just make sure that when you do sweat, you dab the sweat off - don't rub or you'll rub all of your makeup off!
aniela26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I use Smoky Mountain Minerals foundation which holds up wonderfully....even when you are sweating. I use a primer before I apply the foundation. I usually use Rimmel Fix & Perfect primer. If it particularly humid and I am sweating a lot, I blot my face with a tissue. This does not disturb your makeup.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

I'm a total makeup addict and also very oily...so I also use urban decay De Slick before I apply my foundation. I also use Mac's matchmaster foundation and I absolutely love it. FOr the powder I use Mac's sheer pressed powder and it also keeps my oily face at bay. Laura Mercier and makeup forever are very good brands as well. If you have a Sephora near you...you can request a sample of products so you can try them out first before purchasing. Hope you find what works for you
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote