Old 06-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #1  

Default Vacation

I am going on vacation in a little less than 3 weeks. I am excited, but nervous about my diet/ exercise. I typically work out Mon through Thursday. So I will technically only miss 2 days.

What about diet? We will be eating out most meals. What do you do to stay on track?

Thanks
~Niki~
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Where are you staying? Do you know if your hotel/accomodations has a mini fridge? I find having yoghurt or fruit on hand for breakfast if that is an option makes it easier. I generally aim to maintain on vacation rather than lose though since my schedule is not as "Set"
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #3  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I just got back from vacation and we stayed at Candlewood suites-they have kitchenettes in the room (full fridge, stovetop, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher). That helped a lot! When we went out to eat at PF Changs I just looked up the nutrition information.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I don't log calories, but I am mindful of my choices and portions. I also take nuts or protein bars for those times when there don't seem to be good options. An example - on the boardwalk last year, my family was all eating funnel cakes and shave ice - I got a few strawberries dipped in dark chocolate. Still a decadent treat for sure, but I didn't feel deprived and it was relatively low in cals. At restaurants I either split a meal with someone or take half to go. I also volunteered to take my nephew for long walks in the stroller so that helped with the activity.

This year I am going on a cruise. I am setting a goal to do some activity every day and really focus on only eating when I'm hungry.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #5  

Thank you all! We are staying at my uncles house. I'll ask him to stop at the grocery store so I can get some fruit. We will be doing a ton of walking.

Great idea on splitting a meal. I'll do that with my daughter.

Have a great day!
~Niki~
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote