Old 05-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 4 (05/21-05/27)

Blue Team Total Lost: 9.4 lbs. as a team or 0.22%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: Bigmid (-3.4 lbs., -1.74%)

Honorable Mentions:

ak812 (-2.6 lbs, -1.40%)
EofAZ (-3 lbs, -1.16%)
lostangel05 (-2 lbs, -1.00%)

Congratulations to all the losers this week ! We lost 5 team members this week and it seemed like a pretty busy/stressful time for many of us but we're still here.... let's have a great week 4 Bluesers !!

Last edited by LeslieB; 05-21-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Good Monday Bluesers !

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I had an absolute blast but ate and drank way too much and am really feeling it this morning. My body has an uncanny way of holding onto the carb weight as well and this morning the scale is up 15 lbs. from Saturday morning. Yep, 15 lbs.... it will all come off by probably Thursday but it means I feel pretty sluggish and yucky this morning. Will be going to personal training this morning then starting a new class for my certificate this evening. This course is a 2 weeks, 3 evenings per week. Looking forward to it.

Have a great Monday ladies... and here's to a rockin' week 4 !! Let's do it !!

Inspiration of the Day: Attitude determines altitude. - Anonymous

Last edited by LeslieB; 05-21-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Hello Blues and happy Monday!

Congrats to Bigmid for being this week's BL and also to all of the honorable mentions! Yay! I hope everyone has a better week this week - no more stress!

I started off the morning with my "Bootcamp Calorie Burn" workout even though I was kind of hesitant to do it. The first time I did it on Saturday I didn't feel very well afterward - lightheaded, nauseous, etc. - but I'm thinking it was more to do with the fact that I jumped right into a hot shower after and also hadn't eaten much beforehand. It was a little easier this time around.

This week at school is Teacher Appreciation Week - will need all the willpower I have to resist the treats that will be around every day!

Leslie - So glad you had a lovely weekend! I'm sure that weight will drop back down in no time.

Have a great day, ladies!

Last edited by ak812; 05-21-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #4  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Bigmid, ak812, EofAZ, & lostangel
I hope our team has a better week this time around, it's too bad we've already lost people, but we will go on! I know I'm feeling the determination to kick some fat to the curb!
ak here's some and a teachers do need to be appreciated, but cant they do it with fresh fruit?
leslie 15 lbs!? water retention can be crazy huh! I always say, the best thing about water weight is that we can get rid of it quickly though, so you'll do it!
Here's to a great week for the Blue Team!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #5  

Congratulations to ak812, EofAZ, lostangle wtg on being biggest losers.

Congratulations to the rest of the blue team as well. Its to bad we lost 5 people this week hopefully we can keep our numbers strong though.

Leslie: I thought I was the only one who could put on weight that fast. Your lucky if you can get rid of it so fast too.....mine keeps hold for a few weeks. Must be all that training you do. Great job. Glad you had an awesome weekend! I should probably know this but have been bad at keeping up so far (sorry). What is the certificate training for?

ak812: thanks congrats to you too. Glad your workout went better today, what kind of workout is it (DVD, or gaming) sounds like a good one. I need to get back to my DVDs and the Wii to start building up some muscle. I've just been focusing on cardio. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week

qtapostolic: as you kick some fat to the curb I hope I can do the same. Hope you have a great week.

Well I really did a last chance workout yesterday (should do them on Sat to help with WI) I did a treadmill 3 mile walk/run then went for a 5 mile walk with a friend yesterday with some good hills in it. Felt awesome.

I'm really getting a kick out of the treadmill these last couple days now that I hooked up the ifit. I can download routes anywhere in the world and google maps takes me along the route, beaches, trails, major races etc. all while showing me the scenery as I walk by. The treadmill also adjusts the incline and decline to the route. It's awesome.

Well been lazy this morning and probably for the next bit then off to the assent for some sort of exercise.

Have a great Monday everyone..
Old 05-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #6  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Congratulations to our BL, Bigmid, and to the Honorables, ak812, EofAZ, & lostangel.

Leslie, I won't even get on the scales after a "big" weekend as it's too discouraging to even look at the numbers. I too, can gain a load of weight in one day. I'm sluggish myself after my weekend with the kids, gs and a few friends. Now, I have a mountain of left-over ice cream and sweets that I have to hide away in the downstairs freezer. Even this morning and dinner I had a variety of party food mixed in with other better stuff.

ak812, I don't know why every time we want to show our appreciation to a group of people we shower them with food. I understand birthdays (1 meal with a cake) but a whole week of donuts and the like is what gets me. I'm a retired teacher and our staff room would be a virtual food mine field during appreciation week.

I'm hoping for some good results in the next 2 weeks as there are no visiting family members or big celebrations on the horizon. My SIL's birthday is next week and her DH asked me to make a cake but that's not going to be a concern as I'll just chew gum while decorating it. And as for eating at her party, I'll just have fruit as she always has a fruit tray on the go.

Anyone try those Special K cracker chips? I bought the sour cream and onion and the cheddar flavours. There are around 80 calories for 18 chips but I didn't think they were anything special in taste or texture but if you're looking for a salty replacement for the real potato chips they might do it for you. I really didn't like them that much and was trying to pawn them off on my DIL who didn't like them that much either. LOL. You really have to count out those treats or the calories can really pile up if you're just eating them out of the box.

I really should get on my bike but I'm wiped out from the weekend and it's warm in the house. I'll see how I feel in a few hours as I'd really like to get on as I haven't been since last Thursday.

Well, have a great day and week and let's get going, Blue Team.

Last edited by retiredone; 05-22-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #7  

Well, I gave in to a Mighty O glazed donut today. I'm comforting myself, though, with the fact that in the past I wouldn't have stopped at one donut. I probably would have had 2-3 AND some of the chocolate chip cookies available. I brought some cookies and donuts home for the bf but think that may have been a mistake - they're calling my name from the kitchen! If he doesn't eat them ASAP I'll have to bring 'em right back to school.

Tomorrow there will be more desserts - give me strength! lol

Kelly - Thanks for the support! I completely agree with you on the fresh fruit; I was definitely hoping for some of that this morning but sadly no luck. Just donuts and cookies today. There were also sandwiches for lunch. I snagged a turkey one hoping to eat it for dinner but sadly it didn't fit into calorie goal for the day. Your motivation for the week ahead is very inspiring! Thanks!

Bigmid - Thanks! The bootcamp workout I'm doing is one I found on YouTube so it's more like a DVD than a gaming workout. Nice job with all that exercise! The iFit app sounds AWESOME. Must make you feel like you're out there actually running on those trails! So cool that the treadmill adjusts to the trail inclines and declines as well. That really sounds like it makes exercise a lot more enjoyable.

Isabella - That's exactly what the kitchen and staff room was like today - just a minefield of donuts, cookies, sandwiches, chips, etc. It's HARD to resist those things and even harder when I can just tell myself, "You deserve this, it's teacher APPRECIATION week!" lol I need to remind myself that eating healthy and exercising would be showing more appreciation to my body than donuts. Also, never tried the Special K cracker chips but have you ever tried SnapPea crisps? They're another good replacement for salty, crunchy, chip-y type snacks & are very tasty.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #8  
Isabella

Things have calmed down today and I'm "back in the saddle" again. But it's hot here today and I'm basically just rendering out on the couch. Fortunately, I got in my exercise earlier before it became too hot. Must remember to drink more water today.

ak812, hang in there. It won't be long before no one appreciates you and you'll be left to your own devices to find junk food.

So what's everyone's plan of attack for this week? And what do you do for exercise when it's so hot outside?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #9  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Great job biggest losers!

I'm having a tiring week, even though it's only Tuesday

I worked 10 hour nights the last two nights, and I have work meetings Wednesday and Thursday afternoon. I've been doing well with food, but I want to get a little more activity in. I did get some casual bike riding in yesterday and today, so that helps a little. My schedule is just so crazy right now, so it's so important for me to stay on plan!

ak, thank you for the compliment on my attitude on last week's thread. The way I look at it, there are so many things that we have no control over in life, but our own health isn't one of them! I like to stay positive because I know this journey is difficult, but not unattainable--and so worth it!

Have a great afternoon, Blues!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #10  
Isabella

Hello, Blue Team. Yesterday was scalding hot and today the temperature is almost cut in half and it's raining. I did get out in the yard this morning before the rain and got in an hour of gardening. My flower beds are like the enchanted forest in Sleeping Beauty. Then I rode on my stationary bike for 45 minutes before I prepared dinner (lunch).

We've finally eaten all the left-overs from the weekend, except for the ice cream. That'll keep in the freezer. So all my beloved macaroni and cheese is gone and I'll be eating less fat for sure in the next few days. I could eat a full plate of that stuff every day but I don't. I think I'll make the Tofu Noodle Soup tomorrow as the whole recipe is only about 550 calories. It's tasty and I can have a huge bowlful. Oh my, I'm always thinking about food.

Have a good day, all.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #11  
Kelly-Blue Team!

Hello Blue Team
My plan of attack for this week.... is looking good! I got a new haircut. I have never cut my hair shorter than the middle of my back.... this time, to my shoulders, and I love it! I got a new outfit too, somethin summer-y, so I'm looking and feeling fabulous.
Isabella while it's too hot, me and DH are doing our walks at the community center around the ice rink-it's very cool in there! So, the only thing I can think of is to do water aerobics or find a cool, airconditioned track or exercise room??
Also, I discovered Who Nu chocolate chip cookies, they taste so good and the taste like cheating! but it's not, there's lots of calcium, fiber, vit C in them. I get to eat THREE for only 150 calories! They taste just like the chip-a-hoy chewy ones, they're the same size too, I'm in love
Old 05-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #12  

Happy Wednesday, lovely Blues!

I broke down AGAIN yesterday and had a brownie, 1/2 blueberry muffin & 1/2 carrot raisin muffin. I don't know why I do it, everything in me is saying NO, but I go ahead and do it anyway and then feel guilty all day. Oh well, the scale showed no increase from yesterday so I am starting fresh with a new attitude today and will use all the willpower I have to resist! The bf had a good idea - he said if there's something at school I want to eat I should bring it home where I can be more rational about whether I actually want it and if it will actually fit into daily nutritional goals. More likely I'll bring it home so he can talk me out of eating it! lol

Isabella - haha I'm actually yearning for the days when no one appreciates me! Glad you were able to get some gardening in - it's a good calorie burner! And adios to that mac & cheese - I'm right there with you, though, there are some foods I feel like I could just eat so much of. Enjoy the tofu noodle soup! Yum!

rainydays - You are so right! We have 100% control over our bodies & health and I definitely need to remember that when my mind is telling me, "Eat that donut!" lol It's all up to us and we can do it. Bummer you've had such long work nights ... two 10 hour shifts in a row ... ouch! Do you have plans this weekend or will you be able to get lots of rest in?

Kelly - Good for you for treating yourself with that haircut and new dress! You work so hard & definitely deserve it. And holy moly I LOVE WhoNu cookies!!! I love the chocolate chip ones and they have Oreo-ike ones too that are just so yummy. Glad you found them!

Stay STRONG, everyone, and let's work our way to a great weigh-in this weekend! Woo-hoo!

Last edited by ak812; 05-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #13  
Kelly-Blue Team!

Good Morning Bluesers!
ak I wish I could just say "no" all the time, but the stuff is right there so easy to just shove right in our mouths One of the thoughts that has helped me sometimes is to remind myself I can always have those treats LATER, if it really means that much to me I can cook or buy whatever it is that is tempting me at the moment LATER. now, notice I said it helps sometimes, maybe it's one more tool you could try In any case, if all else fails, at least we can usually pat ourselves on the back because we didn't eat as much as we would have in the past
Isabella yesterday it was in the high 80's here, but DH still wanted to walk outside, ugh, the sweat, had to change my clothes after that!

Well, I think the warm weather is having an affect on everybody.... the thread is slow again this week.... I hope everyone is beating the heat and beating down some fat!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #14  
Isabella

It's a sunny but chilly day today. The wind is off the bay and that always means chilly wind. I did get back in the yard this morning. It was just right for digging and weeding as I had to take off my hoodie because the sun was warm. I had already done my bike before I went out so I could get dinner ready without rushing. We had the Tofu Noodle Soup as I had planned and it was so good.

I took courage yesterday and stepped on the scales and was still up nearly 2 pounds because of the past weekend but this morning I'm down and am a 1/2 pound less than last Friday. Yeah! I'm trying to never have a gain at weigh in during this challenge. (I know that may not be realistic, but that's what I'm aiming for.)

Kelly, I don't like walking in hot weather (like you) and when I could walk I went really early in the morning to avoid the heat.

ak812, only 1 more day tomorrow and the staff room should be back to normal for snacks.

Rainydays, hope things are slowing down a bit for you. This losing weight and maintaining takes a lot of work--more than most people realize. It's so easy to get sidetracked when work and life gets piled up.

Well, I suppose I should clear away the dinner dishes and get ready to go out with my friend. She doesn't have a car and I often take her to the store, etc. It gets me out of the house. Talk to you all later. Take care.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #15  

Hi just a quick check in for me, I'm still feeling the effects of Saturdays walk.
I have done a workout Sun, Tue, Wed but my legs are aching so not sure if I'll do one today or not. Might take this as a rest day or just do a small workout before work. I work a late shift and I'm not really a morning exerciser.
Well better figure out what I'm going to do. Talk to you later.

Stay strong everyone.