General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:22 AM   #1  
bionic knees

Height: 5'7

Default "Simply For Life"

I have been on the SFL program since Feb 26 & yesterdays weigh in showed 35.8lbs gone!. Is anyone else doing the program here?
I have discovered a few things while doing it. The hot flashes I have been getting (that my MD says are not pre-meno) is a milk allergy reaction, that even 2 days not eating clean will give me heart-burn and that I sleep like a log when I eat clean, AMAZING!
I have OA in both knees which will end in a TKR and need to get this weight off. I hated feeling like a slob and feeling like a log...just wanting to lay around. Last weekend my old pup and I were actually able to walk 9/10ths of a km twice!!!! She was pooped & so was I, but we manged to do it if not a little slower! I am so pleased with myself! heehee I would do a happy dance but my knees won't let me
The Dawg House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/see ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Good on you. I don't know what the Simply for Life plan is but if it works then it must be good. Glad to hear you are finding some triggers which you can now avoid! I find it strange that sometimes we crave the things that upset us, so well done in clearing them from your system. That alone may help with inflammation. Keep going
Milly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 146/144/118

Height: 5"2

Looked for info. about this plan-what is a typical day for you-food wise? Really trying to find something that works for the long haul-turned 47 and everything stopped working-thanks!
tchermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #4  
bionic knees

Thanks Milly! I am finding more and more items that are triggers for me...as well as things that seem to put my body into overdrive! I am now at aprox 37lbs down! WOOHOO! And lots of energy! I did a deep water aquasize class last week (oh my gosh...can you say pain hahaha) as well as doing more long walks, and today I was able to mow the front yard, side yard and back yard! I haven't been able to do that in such a long time. I usually even sleep better, but the past 2 nights have been bad for sleep.

Tchermom, I have done so many plans, Some worked, but as soon as I left them I messed up. So this is making me learn about the real life eating.

Breakfast, a protein and fruit. fruit doe snack. Lunch protein, carb and veg. snack , supper protein and veg. snack at night

they are really supportive. email me if you like for more info. This is not a mlm or spam. It is franchises and I am not a frachisee. I am a member...and glad I am!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #5  

Hi! Thanks so much for the info. I would love to go to a center but money is tight right now so I know that is not an option. You are doing great and it sounds like the support is part of the success. Keep up the good work!
Kim
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #6  
bionic knees

I am amazed that for all of the centres no one else is doing it
Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 343/333/170

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to add praise for Simply For Life. I did the program several years ago, for 6 months and I lost 40lbs. And it was all completely healthy, your nutritionist also doubles as a therapist and the cost of the program can often be claimed under your extended insurance plan from your employer. The only reason I stopped Simply for Life, was because I moved to Scotland - and Simply For Life is a Canadian franchise.
marajade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Not familiar with SFL but congratulations on your loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/232/190

Height: 5'10'

Dawg House...
Congrats on your success so far...I especially love the quote on your signature!
tallgirl57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #10  

Hi everyone! This summer has me feeling less than healthy with all the parties and picnics. I really like the simplicity of this plan and it also makes sense to me from a healthy perspective. So today I am jumping back in! I need to get some fruit in the house as I was doing low carb for a while I will check back and let you know how I am doing. Wishing everyone the best -no matter what the plan weight loss is tough!