Weight Loss Support - Is there anyone out there who doesn't like veggies?

Rose426
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't like salad for some reason, it actually makes me feel sick when I eat it for some reason. I attempted to make myself a nice big chicken salad for lunch and the spinach/tomato are grossing me out. Ever since I had my baby I've been having aversions to certain foods. What are some healthy foods other than salad (I hate lettuce and tomatoes) for lunch?

I like green beans, corn, escarole, collard greens, celery, asparagus, zuchinni, squash, cucumber, mushrooms..do I just limit myself to these items?

debigulating
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Is it really going to be sustainable if you force yourself to eat stuff you can't stand? It sounds like you have a good variety of vegetables that you DO like - in fact, you sound far from being someone who doesn't like vegetables!

nelie
05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
We have a forum for people like you
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged-176/

I learned to love veggies by working with what I liked and then increased my consumption over time. Now, there is really not a veggie that I don't like.

COchick
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
It sounds like you like a lot of veggies...

I like most veggies, but I go through periods of being SO tired of them, so I switch it up. First I did salad, and I'm over it, so now I'm doing zucchini and other squashes. When I'm tired of those, I'll probably move on to asparagus or something.

Laifierr
05-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Just make a salad out of the stuff that you like. =) Then your healthy food will become addictive because it is all the stuff you enjoy. I love leafy green lettuce and green onions; and find at times I have to have a second salad because I love the taste so much.

krampus
05-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Soup, stir fry, baked/roasted platters with sriracha, chili...salad is not the only way to eat veggies! You're better off than a lot of people - you have a solid base of vegetables there.

QuarterLife88
05-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Don't feel bad I hate salad, as well as most foods that are considered diet foods (salad, soup, cottage cheese, wtf?). To me I might as well go outside and gather a pile of leaves together. Blech.

I don't mind veggies, but I prefer them as sides to heartier main courses.

Be a picky eater. I love spinach but loathe broccoli, therefore I do not eat broccoli.

seagirl
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't eat salads. They aren't a requirement for weight loss.
I eat what I like.

Green beans
Chopped canned tomatoes added to rice or other dishes.
mushrooms and zucchini chopped up small in omlets
spinach, onions, mushrooms on pizza

Too many veggies both my stomach, but just remember 1/2 cup is a serving of most veggies so you don't need to eat tons of them.

Munchy
05-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Soup, stir fry, baked/roasted platters with sriracha, chili...salad is not the only way to eat veggies! You're better off than a lot of people - you have a solid base of vegetables there.

Yep. I hardly eat salads aside from hot days in the summer. I like them, I just like other foods more!
I make a **** of a chili with lots of veggies. It's actually this one (http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=233278) but I also love zucchini enchiladas (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/cheesy-zucchini-enchiladas.html) and all kinds of "non-traditional" ways of eating vegetables. To me, they're often relegated as a side dish when they should be the focus of a meal!

shapedself
05-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm with you OP, which sucks because they're so low-cal generally and so damn good for you. My most effective strategy is to keep experimenting with new low-cal or no-cal seasonings and using the ones that I like.