Ideal Protein Diet - WI #1 tomorrow!

View Full Version : WI #1 tomorrow!

jakeryanmom
04-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi all
Tomorrow is my 1st weigh in and I am so nervous. I have stayed 100%OP all week (I think) so I am really hoping for a decent drop. My worry is that since it is at 4:15, my weight will seem higher since I ate all day. Any advice on what to eat for weigh in day so I see some sort of success?
Love this site and all the advice, recommendations, and success stories! Could never do it without this site!!!

Soootiff
04-29-2012, 05:44 PM
My WI's are later in the day as well. I just kind of keep that note in the back of my mind. I'm sure if you have been following the program 100% you will have a good loss.

Just make sure you wear the same thing at each weigh in. I messed up and wore jeans and a sweatshirt once and my numbers were horrible compared to what typically wear (leggings and a tunic).

My first weigh in I lost 8 lbs. So good luck!!!

kmc1021
04-29-2012, 06:21 PM
My WI is at 4:15 as well :) and my first week I lost 7 lbs and 4.5 inches. I go for my second on Tuesday and am hoping for at least 2! My biggest problem is I drink about 100oz of water before my WI, so I know I have some water, but you know what, as long as something is shrinking (weight or inches) I will be happy

VickiR
04-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

LizRR
04-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Just stay consistent each week so your weigh ins are 'relative' to each other. Like someone already said, wear the same/similar outfit, keep the same schedule, etc. this way you know what your true losses are week to week. This is assuming you WI the same day, time, same scale, measured by same coach each week (some are 'loose' or 'tight' with the measuring tape).

I weigh in at 1pm, right after lunch (and drinking half a Britain of water), but I know it's the same week to week.

jakeryanmom
04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Woo hoo! Down 6 lbs on WI #1. I wore the same clothes as my initial WI. Might be my new superstition.... same outfit every Monday :)

VickiR
04-30-2012, 09:30 PM
:)

Kat2500
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Tomorrow is my first WI also (at 7:00pm). I have been faithful to the program - so we will see how it is working for us?

Good luck to everyone.

ferrousgal
05-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Great job! Hope I can get a loss like that the first week.

Ladyonadiet
05-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Congratulations on your successes!!! :)

Lettuce wrap
05-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Great job..take this one day at a time and remember..you are not a number on a scale

jaymeskelt
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
My first weigh is on Thursday and I can't wait. My clothes dont feel as stuffed as they usually do :). I started Saturday and today I feel GREAT!!! I took a sneak peek on the scale this morning and I was down 2 lbs on my scale from last Thursday morning, plus Monday my TOM came so I'm super excited to have a loss even with my TOM! My sneak peek gave me more motivation today to keep going :)

Ei8ht
05-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Aww! I squish you all (from happiness) for all the combined commitment, progress and encouragement that I keep seeing on this forum. What a great site!

My 1st weigh in is tomorrow.. I was just wondering if you guys weigh yourselves at home throughout the week, or if you wait for the 'reveal' during weigh-in? Do you recommend using your home scale at all?

LizRR
05-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Woo hoo! Down 6 lbs on WI #1. I wore the same clothes as my initial WI. Might be my new superstition.... same outfit every Monday :)

Well, in a few weeks you won't be able to wear your same outfit because it will be too big!

Ei8ht
05-01-2012, 11:30 AM
One more question: Does the coach test your hydration level at every meeting, or just the initial meeting?

ProteinGal
05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Aww! I squish you all (from happiness) for all the combined commitment, progress and encouragement that I keep seeing on this forum. What a great site!

My 1st weigh in is tomorrow.. I was just wondering if you guys weigh yourselves at home throughout the week, or if you wait for the 'reveal' during weigh-in? Do you recommend using your home scale at all?

Last week I told DH to hide my scale, too much stress from daily weighing. :dizzy:
Good luck tomorrow.

Chikara
05-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Great job! My first WI is at 6:45 this Thursday. I was feeling super bloated the last few evenings so am a bit worried about how I have started feeling..hopefully it will pass as my body adjusts...but I was initially weighed at that same time of day so I thought I should keep it consistent.

On another note...a bunch of my IP mushroom soup boiled over in the microwave today ~sigh~ ..if there hadn't been co-workers in the kitchen I just may have pulled out the tray and poured the extra soup into my bowl...gross I know but a girl has to eat!!! What a waste! LOL

Ei8ht
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Just a word of caution, although the IP website does not explicitly explain this, my coach has warned me not to overheat any of the IP products. Soups for example, should only be microwaved for 40 seconds at a time, and never brought to a boil on stovetop. The analysis on the effects of temperature on various stages of protein biosynthesis is not widely documented, but, there are studies that show that protein cells break down once they've been exposed to adverse temperatures.

angie773
05-01-2012, 03:49 PM
One more question: Does the coach test your hydration level at every meeting, or just the initial meeting?

my coach does it every week.

jaymeskelt
05-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I will gladly welcome the "too big" clothes!

jaymeskelt
05-01-2012, 04:18 PM
One thing is for sure....if you weighed on your scale at the beginning of the week and the end of the week (at the same time of day)...the net loss will be the same. Your scale may not be on par with your coaches scale but the overall loss will be the same no matter what numbers you started and ended at. Good luck! My first weigh in is Thursday!

Kat2500
05-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Good job!!! Just got back from my W1 weigh in - down 8. Yippee.

I did lose a little lean mass. Any tips the group has to minimize lean mass loss would be appreciated.

Chikara
05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Just a word of caution, although the IP website does not explicitly explain this, my coach has warned me not to overheat any of the IP products. Soups for example, should only be microwaved for 40 seconds at a time, and never brought to a boil on stovetop. The analysis on the effects of temperature on various stages of protein biosynthesis is not widely documented, but, there are studies that show that protein cells break down once they've been exposed to adverse temperatures.

Thanks for the advice...I will definitely be more careful with my soups!:rollpin: