Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 02:10 PM   #1  

Default Planning and Organizing

Sooo...I decided to go with WW online -- it fits my schedule better. I'm trying to learn the point system and everything, but it feels a little overwhelming. I find myself looking for something to eat but always checking my points calculator. Some people have talked about planning their meals a week in advance -- is that a good idea? Plus, I don't cook much -- what do you guys suggest?
Old 03-11-2003, 05:13 PM   #2  

I have always planned my meals on Saturday for the coming week. That way I have everything on hand and no excuses for not eating according to my food plan. You might try some simple cooking. Remember, you will have to eat this way the rest of your life if you want to maintain your loss.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:47 PM   #3  

I don't plan a week in advance, because I'm the type to decide what I want almost at the last minute. But I keep a large supply of fresh, frozen, and canned zero-point vegetables on hand, as well as plenty of fruit. There is always something that I can eat, even if I've reached my points limit for the day.

I also keep some Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice meals in the freezer (they have WW points on the box). I don't know if you like to always cook from scratch or not, but having these on hand for emergencies is a good idea.

Make a list of the low or zero point foods that you like, and don't ever run out of them!

Every weekend we (husband and I) make a big pot of zero point soup, and have that often during the week. It is a must, for me.

You will do fine! Think how good it is going to feel to be losing!!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:29 PM   #4  

Thanks Dixie -- I can't remember what the 0 point recipe is for the soup -- I know I saw it somewhere but now I can't remember. Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2003, 11:15 PM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I plan my menu for the week on Sundays - I do this for two reasons:

1/ I know what's for dinner . . this way I know how the rest of my day is going to be before dinner!

2/ I save money this way. I'm not tempted to get fast food.

bonus: less stress - I don't have that 5pm "what's for dinner?" stress
Old 03-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #6  

AutumnAngel - Go to the WW Recipes forum, and I have pulled up the vegetable soup thread under Soups, Stews, and Chowders. I also added what my husband puts in the soup (he is the main veggie soup cook around here).
Old 03-12-2003, 09:08 PM   #7  

Default Points

Way to go Autumn Angel!

The points can definitely be overwhelming at first but once you get it - you'll be thrilled!

I tend to stick to alot of the same foods so know what I'm in for...

i.e. a bagel breakfast and veggie burger or soup/sandwich lunch. I just have to plan my dinners in advance because I try to cook for the family too. It makes it so much easier to have some sort of routine. You're best bet is to take some time and read through the points values and then check out some recipes.

Congratulations on joining!

Kathy
Old 03-13-2003, 11:06 PM   #8  

Talking

I think that the points are very overwhelming at first, but you find yourself talking ing WW lingo. It's like a whole other language. My mom, sister and myself all do WW and nobody understands what we are talking about. I don't see food anymore I see points. I also do the WW Online and I absolutely love it. Good Luck!!!!! Happy Losing!!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 11:19 PM   #9  

Default The Lingo

The flip side to your story about nobody understanding your points conversations happened to me this week. I was at the eye doctor and one of the staff was offering another staff member some licorice. The person offered said, "Sorry - I want to spend my points on something else when I get home". I started to chuckle and told her that I was in Weight Watchers, too. We spent the next several minutes discussion points values and Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.

We're everywhere!
Closed Thread