Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Talking Trying Again without a goal date!

Hi Everyone!

I'm a 23 year old mother of 2 boys and its time that I get my high school body back.

Previously, I've been so let down when I didn't see results right away but after reading so many stories and seeing the before/after pictures of some of you I think its time that I stick to it and forget about the numbers on the scale. I've always been someone that needs instant gratification but that doesn't seem to work very long and usually I just put the weight back on. This time I'm in it for the long haul and I don't care how long it takes me!

I want to be able to walk into any store and pick my size off the racks.

I'm excited and nervous and completely new at this. In high school I lost weight without thinking about it because I joined dance and was in cheerleading.

I've got my diet journal ready and have ordered the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women," which should arrive this Wednesday. But I plan to jump into my diet tomorrow and Tuesday I'm heading to a Zumba class at my gym that I'm super excited to go to since I do love dancing so much!

I'm currently 239.6 lbs and am 5'6." My ultimate goal is to make it to 160 lbs and any extra would be a great plus!

Any tips and encouragement are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by pinkxpressions; 03-18-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: adding current weight and goal
pinkxpressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! This forum has helped me so much! Everyone here is so motivational that I feel like I can reach my goal this time! So I bet you can too! Good luck!!!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

I agree with KatieElyse; 3FC is by far the most helpful weight loss forum I've ever visited. I haven't been here for long but I was immediately made welcome, and whenever I need help or have a question to ask, I know I can make a thread and be given insightful, friendly answers and advice.

I'm 23, too, but the last time I was thin I was about thirteen years old. I've been fat my whole adult life so I'm not quite sure what it's going to feel like when I'm not.

It sounds like you've got a pretty good plan formed inside your head. You've already lined up a Zumba class -- wow! I tried Zumba once and nearly DIED -- and you seem to be taking a sensible approach. I'm not being quite as sensible as you are (1000-1200 cals a day) but hopefully my visit to the doctor tomorrow will knock some sense into me.

Good luck with everything, and if you ever need some motivation check out the 'Goal' thread. Wow.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #4  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Hey pinkxpressions

So glad you have made this important descision. The best time of your life awaits

I'm also a Zumba fan but haven't don it in a while hehe. I have heard about the new lifting rules of woman but never read it, is it any good?

What type of diet are you doing? I have chosen Calorie Counting as my lifestyle change. Have a peek at it

Looking forward to help and support you
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodymist View Post
Hey pinkxpressions

So glad you have made this important descision. The best time of your life awaits

I'm also a Zumba fan but haven't don it in a while hehe. I have heard about the new lifting rules of woman but never read it, is it any good?

What type of diet are you doing? I have chosen Calorie Counting as my lifestyle change. Have a peek at it

Looking forward to help and support you

I haven't actually started it but I've heard a ton of good things about it. I'll be starting that on Wednesday.

As far as my diet goes I'll be doing calorie counting as well with a high protein diet.

On days that I won't be weight lifting I plan to stick between 1500-1600 calories and on days that I'll be lifting I want to stick to 1600-1700 calories.

Today is day 1 on my diet and believe it or not I'm eating more than I used to... well more often anyway.

I used to only eat 1 big meal a day with almost nothing else throughout the day. Usually it was a fast food meal too so super high in fat and calories. So now I have to try and eat 5 times a day with high protein snacks.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy23 View Post
It sounds like you've got a pretty good plan formed inside your head. You've already lined up a Zumba class -- wow! I tried Zumba once and nearly DIED -- and you seem to be taking a sensible approach. I'm not being quite as sensible as you are (1000-1200 cals a day) but hopefully my visit to the doctor tomorrow will knock some sense into me.
Yeah, I think i'll nearly die also but its the only way that I know will work. lol
It'll take some getting used to for sure.

I hope you change your mind about the 1000-1200 calories per day. Everywhere that I've read basically states a woman should never go under 1400 calories per day. But I'm not a doctor.. so hopefully he/she gives you some good advice.

Good luck to you!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAlyse View Post
Welcome! This forum has helped me so much! Everyone here is so motivational that I feel like I can reach my goal this time! So I bet you can too! Good luck!!!
Thank you and Good luck to you also!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

pink..I am so glad you are thinking about this NOW...I wasted around 15 years of my life being uncomfortably overweight...sure wish I had done it at your age rather than at 38! You can do this. You will be a better woman for it. Come here and come often. Get the answers and support you need.

Being a mom like you this is the VERY best advice I can offer.

LET NOTHING OR NO ONE come between you and your better life. Your SLEEP, EXERCISE, and proper NUTRITION must be number ONE. At least, for now!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote