Old 02-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/tracker/160

Height: 5’ 3”

Default i learned a new word today....

NO.
Here is what happened:
I get to my grams house and i was all happy telling her that i can finally fit in my normal 18 jeans from 8 years ago (such a good feeling) since i had been wearing 20W(tight really tight), she was happy but then 20 min later she is putting a piece of bread like high calorie that a 1/2 inch slice has more than 100 calories (so good but not for me anymore) she acted all offended when I told her NO. Her point was one little piece won't ruin you diet, you don't appreciate what I do blah, blah, blah, I felt kind of bad but what always ruined my focus was one little bite and all my hard work goes south ughh ... Does it ever get easier?
adalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #2  

NO.

You'll always have those well-meaning, good-intentioned moms and grandmas who want to feed you! It'll get worse the more you lose, because you'll start looking like you're "melting away into nothing," or "they can see right through you!"

Keep the word. It's a good one.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

First off, major victory there! You said no! Pat yourself on the back!

Yes, it does get easier. I say no to things without even thinking about it now. I also don't care if I offend someone now; "being nice" is what kept me fat after all. I've refused snacks and dinners from well-meaning people, but if I'm not hungry and/or don't know how it was prepared then sorry I don't eat it. If that "offends" someone, then so be it.

I've said this before but, nobody can force you to eat something you don't want, be a b*tch if you have to.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/163/125

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like feeding you has been a way she shows she loves you and not eating it is seen as (or at least felt as) rejection of that love. It's never easy to turn down "love" from somebody you really love!

Still, you have to take care of yourself. Well done in holding firm. =)

Maybe you could try to find something that you and your grandma can share outside of the kitchen that will make her feel appreciated.
fitx35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #5  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Great job!!!! I know exactly how hard that is. I am of mexican decent and on my hispanic side of my family if you say no to a family member offering you food its like your telling them you hate them lol. I have had to help my older aunts and grandma understand that its not out of disrespect or rudeness. THey are slowly beginning to understand but sometimes thats just how it is.

Your doing great! Keep it up!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/tracker/160

Height: 5’ 3”

thank you all for your words i guess its my TOM and i get touchy and i want to cry because i gained a pound ( i know is not much ) that i know will go down next week . and update: apparently she didn't get my memo but we had a conversation and she agrees to try and be more supportive .... we'll see , but i guess you can't expect much from a diabetic/hypertensive person who took the attitude of a certain cooking personality of the drugs take care of everything i don't need to fix anything else .......
adalis is offline   Reply With Quote