Ideal Protein Diet - Canadian starting Alternatives - Proteinwell info requested

thin4me
01-29-2012, 11:15 AM
I heard that Proteinwell is a good site to order from for Alternatives. Like many I find the cost getting too expensive but want to continue with my journey. I'm going to place my online order at Proteinwell but as you need to order a box at a time I'm hoping to find out what others like.

I'm fairly consistent with my IP products and enjoy the following (so you know if my tastes are similar to yours)
Breakfast - Wildberry Yogurt, cheese omelette, rice cereal
Lunch - Broccoli soup
Snack - Peanut Butter crunch bar, southwestern curls

As much info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. As well as what items you consider restricted

Thanks and have an awesome day! :)

mompattie
01-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I started with IP and switched to alternatives as I found the cost prohibitive to my family's budget. I order from Nashua, and I also have ordered from proteinwell also. I find the Nashua has more selection. This is what I have tried and like. Bacon and cheese omlete, blueberry and plain pancakes, choc, vanilla, butterscotch pudding (I use these as shakes, waffles, I like to make pumpkin shakes with the butterscotch pudding, etc. I was never a fan of the IP puddings either, but they can be spiced up with 0/0/0 Davinci syrups. I LOVE the hot chocolate and order it by the tub from Nashua. I mix with coffee for a mocha for breakfast. I don't use many bars, as I go with Pure Protein from Walmart. I also buy the premier protein RTD from Costco. The bars I have tried are the crunchy caramel and peanut butter and smooth caramel. Don't get the brownie one, it's gross. I have one box of chocolate cream bars, and take one or two little pieces off one bar for that sweet tooth craving, but it's not a Dairy Milk thats for sure! LOL! Its got crisps in it, not smooth chocolate, but it does the trick. The peach mango fruit drink is gross - really protein tasting! But the grape drink is great!!! I like to keep a few drinks in my desk at work for mid-afternoon on "hungry" days. The chicken noodle soup is another thing I keep in my desk at work. I don't find it very filling for lunch, but it makes a good snack. Good luck!!!!

Mom3LoveBugs
01-29-2012, 11:37 AM
the items I have tried there are:

Chicken Soup, Vegetable Beef Soup, Tomato Basil Soup (GROSS!), Blueberry Pancakes, Chocolate Pudding, Butterscotch Pudding, Hot Cocoa Drink, Crunchy Cereal Chocolate Bar, Honey Nut Soy Cereal, Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal

I have a RTD shake every morning for breakfast that I get from Costco... it is called Premier Nutrition and it has 30 grams of protein so it keeps me nice and full until lunch.

I also buy my protein bars at Walmart now since they are even cheaper then proteinwell. The brand I use is called Pure Protein and they come in a pack of 6 for just under $10. There are 2 kinds... Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Deluxe.

My day is as follows:

B: shake
L: 1.5 cups of veggies, 2-3 ozs of protein and either soup or bar
S: a few pickles, rest of protein bar if I didn't eat it all
D: 2 cups of veggies with oil, 5 ozs of protein
S: pudding or oatmeal

Lilmink
01-29-2012, 11:51 AM
I started with IP and switched to alternatives as I found the cost prohibitive to my family's budget. I order from Nashua, and I also have ordered from proteinwell also. I find the Nashua has more selection. This is what I have tried and like. Bacon and cheese omlete, blueberry and plain pancakes, choc, vanilla, butterscotch pudding (I use these as shakes, waffles, I like to make pumpkin shakes with the butterscotch pudding, etc. I was never a fan of the IP puddings either, but they can be spiced up with 0/0/0 Davinci syrups. I LOVE the hot chocolate and order it by the tub from Nashua. I mix with coffee for a mocha for breakfast. I don't use many bars, as I go with Pure Protein from Walmart. I also buy the premier protein RTD from Costco. The bars I have tried are the crunchy caramel and peanut butter and smooth caramel. Don't get the brownie one, it's gross. I have one box of chocolate cream bars, and take one or two little pieces off one bar for that sweet tooth craving, but it's not a Dairy Milk thats for sure! LOL! Its got crisps in it, not smooth chocolate, but it does the trick. The peach mango fruit drink is gross - really protein tasting! But the grape drink is great!!! I like to keep a few drinks in my desk at work for mid-afternoon on "hungry" days. The chicken noodle soup is another thing I keep in my desk at work. I don't find it very filling for lunch, but it makes a good snack. Good luck!!!!
Is this the hot chocolate you are referring to? http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-drinks/protidiet-hot-drink-hot-cocoa-jug-21-servings.html and is this the RTD shake? http://www.premiernutrition.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PREMIERNUTRITION&Category_Code=PROTEIN-SHAKE

The price is great for the cocoa, around a buck per serving! I'm going to switch from IP to a big jug of this for sure! Haven't price shopped the shakes since I wanted to make sure I'm looking at the right ones.

Does anyone know an equitable replacement for the cappuccino packet, the broccoli cheese soup and the yogurt berry drink? Those are my staples.

mompattie
01-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Is this the hot chocolate you are referring to? http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-drinks/protidiet-hot-drink-hot-cocoa-jug-21-servings.html and is this the RTD shake? http://www.premiernutrition.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PREMIERNUTRITION&Category_Code=PROTEIN-SHAKE

The price is great for the cocoa, around a buck per serving! I'm going to switch from IP to a big jug of this for sure! Haven't price shopped the shakes since I wanted to make sure I'm looking at the right ones.

Does anyone know an equitable replacement for the cappuccino packet, the broccoli cheese soup and the yogurt berry drink? Those are my staples.

Yes those two products are correct! Since ProtiDiet products are generally 15 g protein per serving, I make sure I get 4 packets a day so that I'm over the 100 g protein daily. The RTD from Costco has 30 g so that's a great breakfast, holds you over until lunch!

thin4me
01-29-2012, 12:16 PM
I started with IP and switched to alternatives as I found the cost prohibitive to my family's budget. I order from Nashua, and I also have ordered from proteinwell also. I find the Nashua has more selection. !

Thanks for your quick response. I just went on the Nashua site and there is tons of info and products listed. Do you order strictly from the ProtiDiet area? Also how much does a typical shipment cost as I know Proteinwell has free shipping (over $100) which is why I thought I'd try them first

Lilmink
01-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your quick response. I just went on the Nashua site and there is tons of info and products listed. Do you order strictly from the ProtiDiet area? Also how much does a typical shipment cost as I know Proteinwell has free shipping (over $100) which is why I thought I'd try them first

I just placed my first order from Nashua and the shipping was $7.50 for ground shipping in the continental US. It was free over $99.

thin4me
01-29-2012, 12:20 PM
the items I have tried there are:

Chicken Soup, Vegetable Beef Soup, Tomato Basil Soup (GROSS!), Blueberry Pancakes, Chocolate Pudding, Butterscotch Pudding, Hot Cocoa Drink, Crunchy Cereal Chocolate Bar, Honey Nut Soy Cereal, Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
l

Good morning, do you buy most of your stuff from Proteinwell or is this also from Nashua? I'll have to pick up some protein bars from walmart the next time I'm in the city, I did pick up the drinks from Costco and it isn't too bad. Unfortunately I'm 2 hours from the city which makes it difficult to get some items and why online sounds so much easier :)

Anyone find any products that are "snacky" - I'm really going to miss my southwestern curls as they were my "watch a movie" staple :(

thin4me
01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I just placed my first order from Nashua and the shipping was $7.50 for ground shipping in the continental US. It was free over $99.

Unfortunately not the same for Canadians though....
Have you tried the products? Are you satisfied with them?

Lilmink
01-29-2012, 12:30 PM

I literally just ordered them as we are having this discussion. I ordered the hot cocoa, since it's my nightly treat and chocolate fix and thought I'd try the lemon bars that someone raved about.And I ordered the vanilla pudding as I've seen many recipes to make with it but was to cheap to buy a $30 box to play around with. For $11, I'll give it a go. If I don't like it, it's the equivalent price of 2.5 IP packets, so much less risk. The $90 a week for packets is a little out of control. The cocoa is around $1 per serving versus $4.50 at IP. And since it's a little lower in protein, I can add more to make more chocolatey cocoa. I have no problem with that. I bought 8 boxes the first week on IP to keep some variety in the house so I can just say I'm working my way through those for the next couple of weeks. I'm also going to hit Costco for some RTD shakes and work them in. I don't want to get booted for not buying enough IP products.

As for shipping, if you register on the site and put in an order, it will give you shipping options and prices. If it works, you can make an order. If not delete it.

patns
01-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I had posted about this yesterday on the getting restarted thread. Proteinwell is very quick and easy and no shipping fees with an order over $100. I actually get a month's food for what I paid per week at the clinic.

I get the chocolate and vanilla puddings, the blueberry pancakes, cocoa, the honey soy cereal,the oatmeal. I did try some of the bars ,peanut crispy type.

I tried the chicken noodle soup, found it very unsatisfying.

The puddings don't work as well as the IP ones in the recipes but if I start by grinding ice in my magic bullet and then adding water and the packet they firm up into a nice pudding right away or I add more water and make them into a shake.

I also use the Premier Nutrition protein drink from Costco, it is very convenient to have on my long commute in the morning and the 30 grams of protein is a good jumpstart to the day. In a pince I use the detour bars from Costco as they are higher protein and lower carb than many bars but I find they have an aftertaste.

I am really missing the cappichino so decided yesterday to order from someplace else than proteinwell. First I went to Diet Direct which has a wonderful selection of products. I was really glad to see many of the restricted snack type items like the ones I used to get at IP. I made up an order of $100 and when I went to put it through they wanted $70 for shipping and there is also a chance you would have to pay some duty when it is delivered, so I cancelled that one.
Then I went to Nashua and made up an order there because I really wanted the cappichino. This time I ordered $80 worth and it said $22 for the shipping. But when I got my paypal reciept that had somehow translated to $30. If I hadn't gone to DD first I likely wouldn't have completed the Nashua order because of the shipping cost but $30 seemed a deal after $70 and I have enough cappichinoo to last me a long time.

The thing to be careful about is the American products are much more likey to have aspertame in them than the Canadian ones.

The bars I like the best are OH YEAH! but I have trouble finding the small size. I can get the big ones at London Drugs or Superstore but hate cutting them in half as the second half is calling my name from the fridge.
I see lots of people use the Pure Protein bars. I keep looking at them at Walmart but they seem to have a lot of calories. Is there a smaller size. Also what is the EAS drinks everyone talks about at Walmart. Can you get that at the Canadian Walmart?

Pat

sandralosingweight
01-29-2012, 01:32 PM

Hello,

When ordering from any site that is it not Canadian, such as Nashua, I used this site to calculate the final cost; it is simply called thefinalcost.com. You simply enter the info, choose USPS & it will calculate the exact cost you'd be playing.

sandralosingweight
01-29-2012, 01:43 PM
I had posted about this yesterday on the getting restarted thread. Proteinwell is very quick and easy and no shipping fees with an order over $100. I actually get a month's food for what I paid per week at the clinic.

I get the chocolate and vanilla puddings, the blueberry pancakes, cocoa, the honey soy cereal,the oatmeal. I did try some of the bars ,peanut crispy type.

The puddings don't work as well as the IP ones in the recipes but if I start by grinding ice in my magic bullet and then adding water and the packet they firm up into a nice pudding right away or I add more water and make them into a shake.

I also use the Premier Nutrition protein drink from Costco, it is very convenient to have on my long commute in the morning and the 30 grams of protein is a good jumpstart to the day. In a pince I use the detour bars from Costco as they are higher protein and lower carb than many bars but I find they have an aftertaste.

I am really missing the cappichino so decided yesterday to order from someplace else than proteinwell. First I went to Diet Direct which has a wonderful selection of products. I was really glad to see many of the restricted snack type items like the ones I used to get at IP. I made up an order of $100 and when I went to put it through they wanted $70 for shipping and there is also a chance you would have to pay some duty when it is delivered, so I cancelled that one.
Then I went to Nashua and made up an order there because I really wanted the cappichino. This time I ordered $80 worth and it said $22 for the shipping. But when I got my paypal reciept that had somehow translated to $30. If I hadn't gone to DD first I likely wouldn't have completed the Nashua order because of the shipping cost but $30 seemed a deal after $70 and I have enough cappichinoo to last me a long time.

The thing to be careful about is the American products are much more likey to have aspertame in them than the Canadian ones.

The bars I like the best are OH YEAH! but I have trouble finding the small size. I can get the big ones at London Drugs or Superstore but hate cutting them in half as the second half is calling my name from the fridge.
I see lots of people use the Pure Protein bars. I keep looking at them at Walmart but they seem to have a lot of calories. Is there a smaller size. Also what is the EAS drinks everyone talks about at Walmart. Can you get that at the Canadian Walmart?

Pat

Hello,

I also never found these Eas shakes at Walmart as well, and I looked in two provinces: Quebec and Ontario.

What's I found at Walmart though is what I exclusively use for my restricted a day, they are the Jamieson Slim Down bars which come in many flavours and they 100% comparable to UP Nutritional value.

H

grannyto2bear
01-29-2012, 02:50 PM

Pat
Hi Patns, I have found 3 different flavored bars of the small Oh Yeah at my Walmart. Also bought at my local Superstore and also had bought some at Sherwood Park Superstore last fall. They sure are good!! Maybe yours would order you in some if you took the label in for the smaller size.

Are all the products from Proteinwell with Splenda? Went to the site but couldn't find an ingredients list.

patns
01-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes the same products at proteinwell had the same sweetener as in Splenda.I think there must be different regulations in Canada. Sandra I will look for those Jamieson bars. 2011, it was the Sherwood Park Superstore where I found the big Oh Yeah bars. I will check back again. Probably the big ones sell better because body builders mostly would be buying them. So they likely stock up on more of them.

My big concern though with ordering outside Canada is that the shipping costs are highway robbery. there is no way it cost them $70 to send a small box that distance.
Pat

mompattie
01-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I find if you order enough from Nashua, the shipping and duty, while costly, doesn't seem so bad if you're getting enough product. There are 3 of us in my community using alternatives so we bulk purchase together and split shipping and duty 3 ways. We buy the membership so enjoy the discount. I'm making a trip to Minot at Easter, so I'm going to phone the hotel to see if they would accept a package for me. Maybe there's someone here that lives in Minot that would be willing to hold a Nashua order for me and I can arrange to pick it up....but for the low cost of the food items from Nashua, it is STILL CHEAPER (shipping and duty into it), that IP is. I can spend $400 at Nashua and have MONTHS AND MONTHS of food, vs. one week at IP. Just my 2 cents. I have also ordered from proteinwell, but like the selection at Nashua

patns
01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
I find if you order enough from Nashua, the shipping and duty, while costly, doesn't seem so bad if you're getting enough product. There are 3 of us in my community using alternatives so we bulk purchase together and split shipping and duty 3 ways. We buy the membership so enjoy the discount. I'm making a trip to Minot at Easter, so I'm going to phone the hotel to see if they would accept a package for me. Maybe there's someone here that lives in Minot that would be willing to hold a Nashua order for me and I can arrange to pick it up....but for the low cost of the food items from Nashua, it is STILL CHEAPER (shipping and duty into it), that IP is. I can spend $400 at Nashua and have MONTHS AND MONTHS of food, vs. one week at IP. Just my 2 cents. I have also ordered from proteinwell, but like the selection at Nashua

That is a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe someone from the Edmonton area would join up with me.

Pat

thin4me
01-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Pat

Hi Pat
I saw the small OH YEAH bars at the St. Albert Walmart yesterday but they were $2.86/each and I thought that was expensive although I pay more for IP. I didn't pick any up as I was sure if we could have them as I didn't have the nutrition list with me

patns
01-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi Pat
I saw the small OH YEAH bars at the St. Albert Walmart yesterday but they were $2.86/each and I thought that was expensive although I pay more for IP. I didn't pick any up as I was sure if we could have them as I didn't have the nutrition list with me

Thanks! I am all over the city with my job so could nip up to ST Albert.
It is strange that there is such a variety of different things you can get at different Walmarts. $2.86 does seem expensive though doesn't it? I think I read somewhere that you could get them at supplement places like Popeye's but they are likely carrying the big ones too as their cliental would be bodybuilders. I very well may be cheaper to buy the big ones and cut them in half. I can't remeber what I paid for the big ones at London Drugs, I will check there again.

I don't care for the white chocolate kind but the regular chocolate ones are very good.

Back to add- I goggled it, there was a Canadian supplement place that had them online. Of course you get into the cost of shipping etc but just wanted to check for comparison of the basic price. The big ones came out to $2.66 each, the small ones to $2.39. That is strange why the small ones are so expensive.

On an American site the small ones are $1.29. So they seem to be very expensive here.

Pat

grannyto2bear
01-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks! I am all over the city with my job so could nip up to ST Albert.
It is strange that there is such a variety of different things you can get at different Walmarts. $2.86 does seem expensive though doesn't it? I think I read somewhere that you could get them at supplement places like Popeye's but they are likely carrying the big ones too as their cliental would be bodybuilders. I very well may be cheaper to buy the big ones and cut them in half. I can't remeber what I paid for the big ones at London Drugs, I will check there again.

I don't care for the white chocolate kind but the regular chocolate ones are very good.

Pat
I just found a vanilla toffee fudge Oh Yeah flavor at my Walmart before Christmas, it is now my favorite. They are $2.47 at my Walmart

Sure wished we lived closer I would go in on a order with you to Nashua

patns
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Maybe you can venture west with all the Roughriders fans sometime!
It was the vanilla toffee ones I was just saying I didn't like. It is graet that everyone has different tastes. Did you pay $2.47 for the big ones or the small ones (45 grams)?

Just noticed your ticker. That is incredible! WTG!!!

Marcella
01-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I was on the IP for three weeks and lost 10 lbs and over 22". On Friday I decided to switch over to the ProtiDiet products because they were $15 instead of $27. So far I do like the IP products better but I can get use to the Proti no problem at that cost difference. I lucked out and found a nutritionist 5 minutes away from my house and she is allowing me to just purchase the products and not see her. Well my friend goes to her so she is just doing me a favour. I only use the products for my protien because I follow a vegan diet. There is no way I get 90 gr of protein a day. I get between 60 and 70. Is that not healthy or does it allow you to lose weight at a slower pace? Also what constitutes if a products is restricted or not? I downloaded the list from here but some products are not on it. Another question is I eat green, green, green veggie's only. I cook them because of my sensitive stomach issues and I eat four pkgs of protein a day. I drink 10-12 glasses of water EVERY day. Why the heck am I constipated all the time? I always have to take something to make me go.
Another question is I've been here for over 20 days now and have all my posts how do I get my weight loss ticker? Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance.

grannyto2bear
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Maybe you can venture west with all the Roughriders fans sometime!
It was the vanilla toffee ones I was just saying I didn't like. It is graet that everyone has different tastes. Did you pay $2.47 for the big ones or the small ones (45 grams)?

Just noticed your ticker. That is incredible! WTG!!!
We do come up to Sherwood Park to see our Dr. and if I knew when we were coming again I would sure get together and place an order with you. I thought maybe you were talking about the OhYeah in the white wrapper, Almond Fudge Brownie, as it has white on the outside of it. I paid $2.47 for the 45gm last week. I have seen the bigger ones in health stores but I know if I cut it in 1/2 I would go back and find it so better stick to the small one.

Thank you Patns!! On Jan 11 I restarted phase 1 and I also lowered my Drs. goal weight he had set for me by 10 pounds, on Feb 14 it will be 9 months on IP, hope I can be at goal by then. I am looking forward to getting back on the phase 3 breakfasts. I continued to loose in phase 3 last time so maybe in a couple of weeks I will be go there.

You have done very well yourself, Congratulations!! Have you started phase 3 yet?

patns
01-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Yes that would work with the order if you come to Sherwood Park. I'm not sure how long it takes for an order to come through. If you knew in advance long enough we could work something out.
I live quite a bit east of the city if you come on the north route on the Yellowhead, I'm east of Elk Island National Park. My daughter and her partner were out from the city this afternoon and he was joking they should keep going and pop in on his brother in Saskatoon.

Those were the bars I'm talking about. Silly I know, but if I get the big ones and cut them in half I hate to put the 2nd half away so I look for the smaller ones.
Pat

thin4me
01-29-2012, 10:25 PM
I drink 10-12 glasses of water EVERY day. Why the heck am I constipated all the time? I always have to take something to make me go.

I'm a waterholic and have been having the same issue, I was originally under the impression that the oil I used for cooking came out of the allowance but I was wrong. I now put 1 teaspoon on my lettuce twice per day and it seems to make a difference.

What (I'm assuming weight loss) company sells the protidiet products?

thin4me
01-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I literally just ordered them as we are having this discussion.
As for shipping, if you register on the site and put in an order, it will give you shipping options and prices. If it works, you can make an order. If not delete it.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a whirl. Let me know what the products are like when you've tried them.

Marcella
01-29-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm a waterholic and have been having the same issue, I was originally under the impression that the oil I used for cooking came out of the allowance but I was wrong. I now put 1 teaspoon on my lettuce twice per day and it seems to make a difference.

What (I'm assuming weight loss) company sells the protidiet products?
http://www.bariatrix.com/home_ca.aspx
That is the site thin4me.

grannyto2bear
01-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Hi Marcella, have you ordered much from the bariatrix site? I just went there and the foods look alot like IP and also some extras that look good.Was wondering if you had tasted any and what you would suggest to buy or not buy. Thanks

I take 1 Tbsp of oil a day,mixed with cider vinegar and put on my salad. I have to use 2 TBSPS ground flax everyday to keep from the BIG "C "problem, and I take this under a Drs recommendation I know it isn't on IP but it is what works for me and I am loosing weight.

thin4me
01-29-2012, 10:56 PM

I had a look at the site but unfortunately they do not have the prices shown, I sent them an email and hopefully they can provide me with some info. Thanks for the link!

thin4me
01-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Well I just placed my first order with Proteinwell, thanks for the advice on what you have tried. I noticed that the fiber is very low for most - perhaps that is also contributing to the big C???

I'm surprised to see that the carbs on most are much lower than the IP products which actually makes the oatmeal an unrestrictive - would that be correct??

patns
01-30-2012, 01:22 AM
Well I just placed my first order with Proteinwell, thanks for the advice on what you have tried. I noticed that the fiber is very low for most - perhaps that is also contributing to the big C???

I'm surprised to see that the carbs on most are much lower than the IP products which actually makes the oatmeal an unrestrictive - would that be correct??

I am using it as an unrestricted. I really like to cook some rhubarb for a few minutes in the microwave with a bit of splenda. Then I mix the oatmeal with a bit of water and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. Delish and I can still have a restricted that day.
Good observation on the fibre, I think you might be right about the effect on the big C. I have added magnesium citrate tablets to my supplements.

Marcella
01-30-2012, 07:27 AM

Sorry hun went to bed so missed all your posts. I purchase mine from a nutritionist who is 5 minutes from home and I pay $15 instead of $27 (IP). I don't even see her she just allows me to purchase the products. I only started to use them since Friday but they are fine for me. The oatmeal is great and yes it is unrestricted. The spaghetti was not bad. The chili was good. I'm just finishing off some IP products so then will have my other proti products and let you know but it's well worth the price difference. There are people who have changed to these products here and they said they continue to lose. Are we allowed to use flax seeds? I definitely need something because I still cannot go.

Marcella
01-30-2012, 07:32 AM
I am using it as an unrestricted. I really like to cook some rhubarb for a few minutes in the microwave with a bit of splenda. Then I mix the oatmeal with a bit of water and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. Delish and I can still have a restricted that day.
Good observation on the fibre, I think you might be right about the effect on the big C. I have added magnesium citrate tablets to my supplements.
Thank you patns, I will get some magnesium citrate asap.

sandralosingweight
01-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Sorry hun went to bed so missed all your posts. I purchase mine from a nutritionist who is 5 minutes from home and I pay $15 instead of $27 (IP). I don't even see her she just allows me to purchase the products. I only started to use them since Friday but they are fine for me. The oatmeal is great and yes it is unrestricted. The spaghetti was not bad. The chili was good. I'm just finishing off some IP products so then will have my other proti products and let you know but it's well worth the price difference. There are people who have changed to these products here and they said they continue to lose. Are we allowed to use flax seeds? I definitely need something because I still cannot go.

Hello,

I use flax seeds, not sure if it is "legal" or not, also since I am having a mild issue of the C problem I will be buying some flax seeds oil capsules to include in my diet

pegv
01-30-2012, 07:52 AM
I thought I had seen on one of these posts a comparison chart for IP food and the alternatives, has anyone else seen this? Thanks, Peg

grannyto2bear
01-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Hello,

I use flax seeds, not sure if it is "legal" or not, also since I am having a mild issue of the C problem I will be buying some flax seeds oil capsules to include in my diet
I use 2 TBSPs ground flaxseeds and 3 capsules of 150mg magnesium citrate per day. I also make sure to get at least 1 salad in per day and 1 TBSP olive oil.

Do you think the capsules will work as good as the ground?

Lilmink
01-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I use 2 TBSPs ground flaxseeds and 3 capsules of 150mg magnesium citrate per day. I also make sure to get at least 1 salad in per day and 1 TBSP olive oil.

Do you think the capsules will work as good as the ground?

A couple years ago I was doing a tsp of flaxseed oil per day and boy did that work to move things! A little too much so I gave it up and ate more salad. The ground works great too. Basically it goes straight through you either way.

wuv2bloved
01-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Is this what you are looking for?

pegv
01-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

Thats it, thank you so much!! I have a friend that was on IP and had to quit because of the expense. She doesn't have the internet so I thought I would print this out for her. Have a great day, it's a beautiful one here in Iowa!

grannyto2bear
01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
A couple years ago I was doing a tsp of flaxseed oil per day and boy did that work to move things! A little too much so I gave it up and ate more salad. The ground works great too. Basically it goes straight through you either way.
Thanks Lilmink, I've never tried the oil, I will have to get some and try it. I usually put my ground in my cereal or cereal pancakes, and I have thrown it in my salad for crunchies too.
I thought the capsule might be good if a person was travelling then wouldn't have to take the oil or ground stuff along to spill. Even if the capsule doesn't work as good as the other 2 it would be better than not taking anything I'm sure.

thin4me
01-30-2012, 11:43 PM

That sound totally delicious! I have looked in Athabasca continually for rhubarb but no such luck :(

thin4me
01-30-2012, 11:48 PM

So even though you get them from a nutritionist does it look similar to the products on the proteinwell site or have you seen them? I'm anxiously awaiting my delivery but who knows how long my snail mail will take....

thin4me
01-30-2012, 11:52 PM
I thought I had seen on one of these posts a comparison chart for IP food and the alternatives, has anyone else seen this? Thanks, Peg

I had seen it in the past and tried endlessly to find it again - to no avail. I don't find the search tool very user friendly, course most likely operator error :)

thin4me
01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
a

Marcella
01-31-2012, 08:58 PM
So even though you get them from a nutritionist does it look similar to the products on the proteinwell site or have you seen them? I'm anxiously awaiting my delivery but who knows how long my snail mail will take....
Thin4me they are exactly the same hun. Do you know where to get the WF products? My bad I can't find the actual name for WF here sorry. I'm thinking to start using some of these as it seems like it may add more zest and variety to meals.

Marcella
01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Found it thanks

patns
01-31-2012, 09:17 PM
That sound totally delicious! I have looked in Athabasca continually for rhubarb but no such luck :(

The only place I can find it is Safeway. I am always afraid when I go in there that they have stopped carrying it too. I am so glad rhubarb is a vegetable! I had always thought of it as a fruit.

thin4me
02-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Thin4me they are exactly the same hun. Do you know where to get the WF products? My bad I can't find the actual name for WF here sorry. I'm thinking to start using some of these as it seems like it may add more zest and variety to meals.

Walden Farms, I currently buy the Balsamic dressing, chipotle and BBQ sauce and have been happy with those three. I believe my coach is going to allow me to purchase some supplies from her after I switch to alternatives. I've also heard of people finding these products in a Diebetic store

Mom3LoveBugs
02-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Walden Farms, I currently buy the Balsamic dressing, chipotle and BBQ sauce and have been happy with those three. I believe my coach is going to allow me to purchase some supplies from her after I switch to alternatives. I've also heard of people finding these products in a Diebetic store

You can buy Walden Farms products online at lowcarbgrocery.com

I live in a teeny tiny town and that was the only way I could get them!

thin4me
02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
You can buy Walden Farms products online at lowcarbgrocery.com

I live in a teeny tiny town and that was the only way I could get them!

Thanks, I'll look that up

Mom3LoveBugs
02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks, I'll look that up

you're welcome :)

thin4me
02-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Just received my order of Proti Diet products from Protienwell today (Feb 6/12), I made my order on January 29 so not too long.

Most items look much smaller than the IP products but will try them for taste and filling qualities tomorrow.

Two products may have issues:
Peanut Surprise bar contains sucralose and corn syrup, I know the sucralose is fine but not sure if the amount of corn syrup would be an issue considering it would be replacing an IP package which may/may not contain those ingredients. Would you eat it???

The other item I have which is a concern is the Honey Nut flavored Soy Cereal, it calls for 4oz of skim milk. I know the IP cereal has milk powder so not sure if it would be an issue either - otherwise I could eat it as a snack.

I compared all items to the IP list and wonder what exactly causes an item to be a "restrictive". Is it the number of carbs, if so what is the threshold? Or is it a combination of Carbs and Proteins?

I read on the daily chat lately that our carb intake for the day should be no more than 20, that is impossible if you just take the IP products into consideration.

Thoughts/suggestions????

Mkssweetie
02-08-2012, 12:11 AM
I just checked the nashua web site and see that they carry lots of brands. What brand is the best to order? Protithin? Nashua brand? or Protidiet? Help please!

patns
02-08-2012, 12:32 AM
I find protidiet the closest to IP products but you can check on the sticky from the top of the daily thread to compare the nutritional numbers of IP and the various products.

As for the cereal with the milk, I don't think the nutritional info on the box mean with the milk? I don't have any cereal left right now so can't check. But I just put my allowed one ounce of skim milk on it and that was enough for me.

As for it bars, sucralose is what is in Splenda so that is fine. The corn syrup is way down on the list so not much in it. But the bars are so much like the IP ones I think they are actually the same products, at least coming from the same place.

I had thought that unrestricted were anything under 10 carbs but someone pointed out that on the nutritional sheet for IP under the stickies, it has restricteds as anything over 8 carbs.

I don't know where that idea that the program has 20 grams of carbs a day. That is the number that used to be for Atkins. But as you said Thin, that is impossiple if you use the IP products and eat the required amount of veggies. I think it is more like 30 and a bit each day.

Pat

thin4me
02-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info Pat
Happy to announce that I had the Peanut Surprise Bar last night and enjoyed it - you are right, it tasted identical to the IP bar but only costs $14.00 for the box of 7. I'm now eating the maple oatmeal which is satisfying and not a restrictive giving me the opportunity to have another bar this evening.

For lunch I will be trying one of the soups....

I should have taken the plunge to alternatives before but was scared that it would take a lot of work to transition but having the product information comparision sheet truly helps.

thin4me
02-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Wanted to provide a quick update, had the vegetable soup for lunch and it wasn't bad and just finished the salted soy nuts, it is a fairly small package but I've been craving nuts ever since I started this diet and it really satisfied the craving.

So far so good

patns
02-08-2012, 11:39 PM
I ordered from Nashua a while ago and it seems to be taking forever to get here. It was quite a bit for shipping but then read on here how some people from Sask order as a group and split the cost. That is a good idea.

thin4me
02-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I ordered from Nashua a while ago and it seems to be taking forever to get here. It was quite a bit for shipping but then read on here how some people from Sask order as a group and split the cost. That is a good idea.

How much was shipping? I'm also concerned with the duty that you need to pay on top of that, and I'm not sure whether customs is consistant.

Keep me informed on the quality of their food. As mentioned I've been happy so far with the delivery time and taste of the ProtieDiet food

patns
02-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I ordered $70 worth of food, and the shipping was $30. They look after the duty, I am tracking the package online and it now says it cleared customs. I think I may have to pay for duty at the post office but I think that will be under$10.
I should have ordered more , I don't think the shipping would be much more for a bigger order.
I ordered there because I am really missing the cappichino drinks. I should have ordered more bars. I have been using the Detour bars from Costco but am really disliking the aftertaste more and more.

But as you agreed, Thin, the bars from proteinwell are the same or at least very close to the IP bars so I likely should just stick with those.

Pat

sandralosingweight
02-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Hello all,

For those trying to figure out what to pay for shipping and duty, here is a site for you:

http://www.thefinalcost.com/

I used it, and it came out pretty accurate with what I had to pay.

Hope this will help.

sandralosingweight
02-09-2012, 11:47 AM
I also wanted to say that I recently found great RTD drinks at Costco by the name of Muscle Milk Light, it is yummy. Only 100 calories, 2.5g fat, 5g carbs and 15g protein, so it is very similar to the IP nutritional value.

thin4me
02-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Hello all,

For those trying to figure out what to pay for shipping and duty, here is a site for you:

http://www.thefinalcost.com/

I used it, and it came out pretty accurate with what I had to pay.

Hope this will help.

Thanks I know you posted that before. I should "plug" in an order just out of curiousity

Tammywhiz
02-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I ordered $70 worth of food, and the shipping was $30. They look after the duty, I am tracking the package online and it now says it cleared customs. I think I may have to pay for duty at the post office but I think that will be under$10.
I should have ordered more , I don't think the shipping would be much more for a bigger order.
I ordered there because I am really missing the cappichino drinks. I should have ordered more bars. I have been using the Detour bars from Costco but am really disliking the aftertaste more and more.

But as you agreed, Thin, the bars from proteinwell are the same or at least very close to the IP bars so I likely should just stick with those.

Pat

I live about 30 minutes from the US border and share the costs of a US post office box with my parents. I ordered from Nashua and had it delivered to my PO box. It was free delivery for over $100 and the Canadian border did not charge me any taxes or duty to bring it to Canada. average 11 bucks a box....will definately be ordering again !

thin4me
02-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I live about 30 minutes from the US border and share the costs of a US post office box with my parents. I ordered from Nashua and had it delivered to my PO box. It was free delivery for over $100 and the Canadian border did not charge me any taxes or duty to bring it to Canada. average 11 bucks a box....will definately be ordering again !

Unfortunately we are definitely a lot further than that from any border. Must be nice to get the benefits of both places :)

patns
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Unfortunately we are definitely a lot further than that from any border. Must be nice to get the benefits of both places :)

Yup. too much Alberta beween me and the border and too much Montana between me and a postbox on the other side!

I finally got a card today that my Nashua order is there but the post office was closed to pick up parcels by the time I got home. I will get over first thing in the morning as I finished my last packet today.

patns
02-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Curses!!! I rushed to the PO this morning because i had a card that there was a parcel with duty due. It wasn't my Nashua food. The payment for that came on my card Jan 23 and still not parcel. I was tracking it online and it said it came through customs last week then doesn't say anything after that.

I have Costco drinks and lots of crispy cereal I bought from the rogue IP clinic that was briefly selling things on line.

Pat

thin4me
02-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Curses!!! I rushed to the PO this morning because i had a card that there was a parcel with duty due. It wasn't my Nashua food. The payment for that came on my card Jan 23 and still not parcel. I was tracking it online and it said it came through customs last week then doesn't say anything after that.

I have Costco drinks and lots of crispy cereal I bought from the rogue IP clinic that was briefly selling things on line.

Pat

Gee that sucks, I have to say I don't have any complaints about the ProtiDiet food, just tried the Hone Nut Cereal this morning and loved the flavor. Hopefully your package arrives soon. You'll have to let me know the price per item when you take the duty etc. into consideration.

I'm planning on trying all my ProtiDiet products before making my next order but haven't found one that I won't order again. The blueberry pancakes were quite tasty as well.

Not missing IP food - hopefully won't be missing it after my next weigh in either.

I'm off to cook a bunch of chili, pizzas and spaghetti sauce for my daughter who will be home from university next weekend so she can fill her freezer with easy dinners.

Take care and have a great weekend everyone!

Lilmink
02-12-2012, 12:34 PM

I got my products from Nashua this past week. The hot chocolate was so salty and thin compared to the IP. I have to say, it's not worth the savings since I don't feel like I'm cheating. the IP one is much richer and more chocolaty. I'm bummed, but I'm hoping I can return it. I do like the Lemon Meringue bars. they are visually smaller than IP bars, so mentally not as filling. But I need a change from the sweetness of the chocolate caramel nut bars and like a little tartness sometimes. I got vanilla pudding too, but haven't tried it yet.

thin4me
02-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I got my products from Nashua this past week. The hot chocolate was so salty and thin compared to the IP. I have to say, it's not worth the savings since I don't feel like I'm cheating. the IP one is much richer and more chocolaty. I'm bummed, but I'm hoping I can return it. I do like the Lemon Meringue bars. they are visually smaller than IP bars, so mentally not as filling. But I need a change from the sweetness of the chocolate caramel nut bars and like a little tartness sometimes. I got vanilla pudding too, but haven't tried it yet.

That's too bad, I read somewhere on the alternatives about a hot chocolate that was on sale, not sure if that was the Nashua product. I'm not into hot chocolate so didn't pay any attention to it.

Wonder how the Premier Protein chocolate drinks from costco would heat up? Actually they are pretty good ice cold and I was thinking of putting one in the freezer to make a "malt"

Tammywhiz
02-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I ordered the protidiet tomato basil soup and really dislike it. I tried to make the waffle bread following the IP recipe for soup waffles, but it was an epic fail... if anyone has any ideas for me to use up my soup packets, I would appreciate it !

Mom3LoveBugs
02-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I ordered the protidiet tomato basil soup and really dislike it. I tried to make the waffle bread following the IP recipe for soup waffles, but it was an epic fail... if anyone has any ideas for me to use up my soup packets, I would appreciate it !

I hated that soup too.... so much that I tried it once and threw the rest in the garbage!

mompattie
02-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do with my ProtiDiet Honey Nut cereal? I don't really care for it "as is" and I was wondering if anyone's experimented with is for pancakes, waffles, etc, etc. I see the IP product users use the "cereal" for lots of recipes, was wondering if the Honey Nut would work the same way. THANKS!

grannyto2bear
02-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do with my ProtiDiet Honey Nut cereal? I don't really care for it "as is" and I was wondering if anyone's experimented with is for pancakes, waffles, etc, etc. I see the IP product users use the "cereal" for lots of recipes, was wondering if the Honey Nut would work the same way. THANKS!
Hi Mompattie, I use the IP cereal and didn't like it at all at first. I actually really like it now, I put a generous amount of cinnamon and add sugar free Torani Salted Caramel syrup in mine and make sure the water is ice cold it really helps, this may also help with the ProtiDiet cereal for you. I also make pancakes with it also by using 1/4 cup eggwhites, I beat them until stiff, and then add cinnamon, bit of vanilla and a splash of water, my cereal package and mix together and make into 3 pancakes.

patns
02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I didn't try the protidiet cereal in any recipes because I really like it the way it is. But I often thought it may work like the IP cereal does. I'd give it a try in any of the recipes that use beaten egg whites. I don't like the IP cereal as a cereal but the recipes you can use it in are my favorites.
Pat

thin4me
02-12-2012, 09:46 PM

I've only tried the cereal once and had it with milk, I enjoy the flavor as it seems to have a hint of vanilla. If you turn it into something else I wonder if you need to add some powdered milk as this one doesn't come with it like IP does.

anneteacher
02-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Yes those two products are correct! Since ProtiDiet products are generally 15 g protein per serving, I make sure I get 4 packets a day so that I'm over the 100 g protein daily. The RTD from Costco has 30 g so that's a great breakfast, holds you over until lunch!

So are people having success with the protidiet products from proteinwell? I'm starting my second month on Ip and down 13 lbs but I'd like to find a cheaper product to use.

Harmothoe
02-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Someone mentioned a rogue IP clinic selling over the internet... there are people selling IP on Ebay. Perhaps someone has an Ebay seller they trust?

sandralosingweight
02-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Hello everyone,

I just want to share with you about a product I bought and I am seriously falling in love with this brand :) It is called ISO sensation 93, I bought the brazilian coffee flavour over the weekend, and all I can say is YUM! DELICIOUS!

From this brand I tried the strawberry flavour and the banana one, and both of them are so yummy! Not only the taste is good, but the texture is amazing, they mix so well, moreover, I tried them into waffles and pancakes and they were a hit!

Each scoop has 30g of protein, so half a scoop could count as 1 portion of protein (as some of IP products have 15g of protein per packet), so the jar goes a loooooooong way!

Hope you'll enjoy it as much I do :)

patns
02-14-2012, 11:17 AM
I was the one who mentioned the "rogue" IP clinic. It was posted on here and everyone said they wouldn't get away with selling things like that for long. I thought so too and ordered a lot of the potassium/calcium supplement because it is hard to match the IP one. I also ordered crispy cereal because it works so well in some recipes. Turns out the clinic was in New Jersey. I got the stuff fine but they were obviously shut off from doing that again as expected because the contact info doesn't work anymore.

My biggest issue with the IP clinics is how far away they are from me. I went in the summer but my work schedule is so busy I couldn't continue to take the time to get there and back.

I finally got the order from Nashua.

In the end the products came to $94, the shipping came to $34 and the duty came to $13.16. The duty was exactly the same as I had to pay for the other parcel I got the other day. That was worth about $100 too.

What is annoying with ordering from the US was that the $$$ was at par when I ordered and they still only counted the Canadian $$$ as $.93.

I will see how I like the products, there were some different kinds of puddings and snacks. I got chili lime soy puffs which sound interesting.
But my main reason for ordering US was to get the cappuccino drink that I am going to have for breakfast!

Pat

thin4me
02-14-2012, 03:41 PM
So are people having success with the protidiet products from proteinwell? I'm starting my second month on Ip and down 13 lbs but I'd like to find a cheaper product to use.

I go for my weigh in tomorrow, this will be the first one where I have been 100% Proteinwell products, however, it is also the week before TOM which is never good for me. I will post my results tomorrow evening.

thin4me
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=sandralosingweight;4215557]Hello everyone,

I just want to share with you about a product I bought and I am seriously falling in love with this brand :) It is called ISO sensation 93, I bought the brazilian coffee flavour over the weekend, and all I can say is YUM! DELICIOUS!
[QUOTE]

Hi Sandra
Where did you purchase the ISO sentation 93 products?

sandralosingweight
02-15-2012, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=sandralosingweight;4215557]Hello everyone,

[QUOTE]

Hi Sandra
Where did you purchase the ISO sentation 93 products?

At Popeyes: www.popeyescanada.com

IP43
08-19-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure if this is an active thread as I'm pretty new, but I was excited to go to Walmart today in Ontario and find a bar from ISO FEMME 4.5g fat, 13g carb, 15g protein, 140 cal -- closest bar I could find to the IP ones and only $1.50 on sale -- reg $2.50 but better than $4 a bar. Yum! Chocolate Decadent Almond Delight

Im escaping
08-20-2012, 12:28 AM
I JUST found those bars yesterday!! I was also very thrilled with the numbers...but I paid 40$ for a box of 15:(. I'm still happy with the bars AND it is cheaper than IP, so yay!!

IP43
08-20-2012, 08:36 AM
I JUST found those bars yesterday!! I was also very thrilled with the numbers...but I paid 40$ for a box of 15:(. I'm still happy with the bars AND it is cheaper than IP, so yay!!

Where did you find them? I got them on sale (the last 2 in the box) and I'm worried they were on sale to get rid of them. I'll go next week to see if Walmart "restocked" the box. Was it at Walmart too, or a diff store?

Im escaping
08-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Where did you find them? I got them on sale (the last 2 in the box) and I'm worried they were on sale to get rid of them. I'll go next week to see if Walmart "restocked" the box. Was it at Walmart too, or a diff store?

Hi, I found mine at shoppers drug mart. They didn't have any individual bars to try, just the box. But my thinking was that for the 150 calories versus WAY more in every other bar, I would make myself like them:). And really they're pretty good. If I come across any other treasures I will post in this thread...pretty easy for info to get lost in all these threads!

IP43
08-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi, I found mine at shoppers drug mart. They didn't have any individual bars to try, just the box. But my thinking was that for the 150 calories versus WAY more in every other bar, I would make myself like them:). And really they're pretty good. If I come across any other treasures I will post in this thread...pretty easy for info to get lost in all these threads!

I found a treasure! "The Simply Bar" 150 cal. 3.5gfat, 10 g carb - 4 g fibre (=6grams carbs? Is that right?0 3g sugar

I'm almost thinking with those numbers that makes this a non-restricted?! I'll ask on the daily chat. They're not chocolate/gooey but more a crisp bar (like a rice crispy one) in cocoa coffee and lemon coconut. Not as good as my Caramel Nut Bar from IP but if it's non-restricted and cheaper...I'm in!

evepet
08-20-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure if this is an active thread as I'm pretty new, but I was excited to go to Walmart today in Ontario and find a bar from ISO FEMME 4.5g fat, 13g carb, 15g protein, 140 cal -- closest bar I could find to the IP ones and only $1.50 on sale -- reg $2.50 but better than $4 a bar. Yum! Chocolate Decadent Almond Delight

ITA. Those Iso Femme bars are quite good, and definitely fit the IP nutritional requirements. I've been able to buy them as singles at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. I can also buy Oh Yeah! bars there, the smaller size which has 15 gms protein/bar. It also fits within the nutritional guidelines, and imo makes a suitable alternative bar.

I found a treasure! "The Simply Bar" 150 cal. 3.5gfat, 10 g carb - 4 g fibre (=6grams carbs? Is that right?0 3g sugar

I'm almost thinking with those numbers that makes this a non-restricted?! I'll ask on the daily chat. They're not chocolate/gooey but more a crisp bar (like a rice crispy one) in cocoa coffee and lemon coconut. Not as good as my Caramel Nut Bar from IP but if it's non-restricted and cheaper...I'm in!

I've been using The Simply Bar on and off for 4 months now, and ITA that they are a great option for us. They are also gluten free. As far as I'm aware it would be fine to consider them non-restricted. I love the lemon coconut bar. I think some of the flavors are a little higher in sugar, so you just have to double-check the nutritional labels and ingredients, etc. I'm able to buy these as singles (or order a box on special order) at my local Bulk Barn.

evepet
08-20-2012, 03:07 PM

They sell the Iso Femme bar at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. Also the Oh Yeah! bar, which is also a suitable alternative. I believe they're currently charging $39.99 for a box of the Iso Femme - I didn't check the price for an entire box of Oh Yeah! But both seem to be regularly stocked at Shoppers Drug Mart, in the aisle with protein shakes, sugar replacements, and meal replacement shakes/bars etc. I recently also bought a couple of 'Supreme Protein' bars at Shoppers Drug Mart, which are also quite suitable for us. Nice to know there are a few good options so readily available.

IP43
08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
I did some online shopping and have a "sample pack" of The Simply Bar on the way-- 2 of each flavour = 12 bars for $24.00. Sadly there was $16 shipping but that equals what I pay for 10 of the IP so I'll pay the shipping this once to see if I like the bars so I know what flavours to order. They have a buy 5 boxes get one free deal, so if I love 'em as much as the IP ones, it may be worth the price (not that anyone should have 75 yummy bars in the house at one time! Sheesh! I'd be like that "Extreme Shopper" show!

evepet
08-20-2012, 06:52 PM
I did some online shopping and have a "sample pack" of The Simply Bar on the way-- 2 of each flavour = 12 bars for $24.00. Sadly there was $16 shipping but that equals what I pay for 10 of the IP so I'll pay the shipping this once to see if I like the bars so I know what flavours to order. They have a buy 5 boxes get one free deal, so if I love 'em as much as the IP ones, it may be worth the price (not that anyone should have 75 yummy bars in the house at one time! Sheesh! I'd be like that "Extreme Shopper" show!

If you have a local outlet of Bulk Barn, you can probably get them to order a box for you. I found The Simply Bar there, and for a while just bought a few at a time. When I inquired re buying a box, there was no problem... they just had to add it to their regular weekly order on my behalf. If I recall correctly, they charged me $37.99 + tax for the box.