Ideal Protein Diet - No Cheating for me-anyone else?

View Full Version : No Cheating for me-anyone else?

legacy7
01-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi! My Ideal protein coach-will NOT stand for ANY cheating! There's people on here talking about having an OP or on plan day-well...all my days are on plan or my coach will let me GO(I suppose she'd have to catch me first-but I'm no good at lying)

So-I want to know WHO IS WITH ME???? Who gets NO cheats, NO diet pop, NO crystal light, NO extra IP meals, NO cheats??????

Will you stand with me for no cheating??? I need someone to suffer with!

let's see how much better we do than those that do indulge!

Ashley

NavyMommy
01-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Just bumped a thread for you

New Englander
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi! My Ideal protein coach-will NOT stand for ANY cheating! There's people on here talking about having an OP or on plan day-well...all my days are on plan or my coach will let me GO(I suppose she'd have to catch me first-but I'm no good at lying)

So-I want to know WHO IS WITH ME???? Who gets NO cheats, NO diet pop, NO crystal light, NO extra IP meals, NO cheats??????

Ashley
No cheating here either! My clinic will let you go if you cheat. My hairdresser and others in town who were on IP told the coach we have they had cheated and were told if they continued to have cheat days they be thrown out...they all warned me if I cheat not to tell, but I was like "hello no I'm not cheating"...not only 'cause cost issues but health issues!!! I'm on this to lose!!! WOO HOO!!!

OneGuyonIP
01-23-2012, 09:04 PM
No cheating here!! I have a friend who just started, and I let her know that there simply are "no days off." You can't start and stop this program -- it just won't work.

My biggest challenge has been drinking all of the required water. So, when I strive to be 100% on plan, I mean to say that it is my goal to drink all of my water and not go more than 4 hours between protein meals.

Ishbel
01-23-2012, 09:13 PM
ME TOO! I'm here!! :)

DanafromAustin
01-23-2012, 10:10 PM
It's been 4 months since I started IP and not one cheat and I won't till I'm done. My coach said she won't kick somebody out if they cheat even if that is IP policy. She just feels she can't take someone's dream away from them. If however the person continues to cheat then she will sit down and have a heart to heart talk with them and tell them they probably just aren't ready for this diet.

legacy7
01-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks ladies-I'm so glad you are with me! I'm so committed to losing the weight this time-I'm relieved to see others who are with me. It's reassuring to know it's better to not cheat-some things(crystal light) seem so harmless-but I'm in it for the long haul!

Thanks! Ashley

NavyMommy
01-24-2012, 12:05 AM
How are you defining cheating? I'm just wondering because many (if not most) coaches are okay with things like MiO and other flavor enhancers (including the Crystal Light with Splenda), and the IP protocol says you can have up to 5 packets a day the first week or so if you need it. Especially if you exercise a 4th packet is recommended. My only point being that everyone's protocol / coach is different, what might be 'cheating' to you is probably a-okay with that person and their coach.

Trishak
01-24-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm in week one and no cheating for me! I kicked my diet coke addiction the week before I started, and now drink water, herbal tea and decaf coffee. The first 3 days were easy and the weekend came and my kids and husband were eating in front of me all day and it was killing me! But I stuck it out and I am so glad I did!

The only mistakes I have made the first week was I missed my snack last night because I fell asleep putting my 2 year old to bed, and I forgot to take my supplements with snack the first 2 days. (oops!)

1 week almost done! And only about 40 more to go :-)

Trish

legacy7
01-24-2012, 01:00 AM
How are you defining cheating? I'm just wondering because many (if not most) coaches are okay with things like MiO and other flavor enhancers (including the Crystal Light with Splenda), and the IP protocol says you can have up to 5 packets a day the first week or so if you need it. Especially if you exercise a 4th packet is recommended. My only point being that everyone's protocol / coach is different, what might be 'cheating' to you is probably a-okay with that person and their coach.

That's true-(maybe I should find a different coach!!) Really though-I'd say cheating is whatever the coach says not to do-people have been talking about cheat days-which makes me dream of pizza, taco bell, ice cream and pasta!

fantabulousbrit
01-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Just started 4 days ago and no cheating for me! It was hard up until yesterday but I breezed thru today. I weigh in on Thursday so I'm super excited. I know that seeing great results will deter me from cheating anyhow. Good luck guys!

NavyMommy
01-24-2012, 08:30 AM
That's true-(maybe I should find a different coach!!) Really though-I'd say cheating is whatever the coach says not to do-people have been talking about cheat days-which makes me dream of pizza, taco bell, ice cream and pasta!

Ah, I understand. I'm 100% on protocol too, and am enjoying it. Looking forward to having an actual 'cheat day' on phase 4 (they're mandatory then), but until then I am working it 100% to get the results ASAP!

sandralosingweight
01-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Hello everyone,

As someone who started IP with no cheat at all in the beginning, and who lost about 50 pounds, I BEG YOU not to cheat.

The story is that I cheated, and as they say once a cheater always a cheater, you will most definetely regret it.

I intentionally took a break over the Christmas period going before Christmas and thinking it would end by the beginning of the New Year! Well.... surprise surprise, it is the 24th of January, so that is like almost a whole month and I haven't been able to fully go back on program 100%. There were some few days where I would and then I blow it up after.

I am still trying to go back 100% OP, it is my intention everyday, but for a reason, up till now I did not succeed, that being said, I still hope to succeed, every morning I wake up with high hopes that this time I would do it.

So, take it from someone who went through the experience: cheating is not worth it at all!

mtnsun4
01-24-2012, 09:53 AM

Ashley

I am with all of you! Yes, I have only been on the IP plan for 1 1/2 weeks but I look at that as an accomplishment. My coach gives 3 chances then your out. I'm not even going to take chance one! I need the support of my coach, the boards, and my family to get through it. :hug:

New Englander
01-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Those coaches who permit certain "cheats" are cheating their clients and risking their locations being closed. Numerous sites are closed on a monthly basis due to mishandling of the "protocol"... So, a cheat is a cheat if it's not on the protocol, regardless of what the "coach" says. Can you still lose on those "little" cheats..sure. several of you have said it can happen...but it's still a cheat. :)

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
OMG Ashley, so glad you started this thread....seems like it doesn't matter where i think "home" is...people are cheating left and right and since this is a NO cheat diet..if you're cheating, then you're not doing the program and I will not condone or support it (don't mean to be harsh but that's how i feel).

Can we keep this thread going to support each other for those who choose to stay 100% OP until the end....

happy2bme1
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM

Ashley

I'm with you 100%. I thought that I could add a few items like home made mayonnaise with just egg, light VO and lemon but even that has stalled my weight loss. I can't even do low sodium ham. for two weeks now i have only lost 1 lb each week so I am with you on this NO CHEAT. I watched a you tube video of a young lady who took us thru her 18 weeks of weight lost and it was amazing. I want to be successful and your thread this morning was right on time for me. NO CHEAT :carrot:

sarahmayhem
01-24-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm 7 weeks into this program and have cheated a few times...for those of you who are thinking of cheating, from experience, I say DON'T DO IT.

It's truly not worth it. It never tastes as good as you think it will...and it just discourages you when you get on the scale.

Stay strong, ladies!

Momto2cs
01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
I did ip last year in feb and got down to a satisfactory weight, where I stayed until December! I then went a bit overboard.

So I have been op since jan 2, although I do have a 4th packet on my workout days.

losses are slow this time, even op. I originally hoped to get to 140, but if I can possibly see 145 I will consider that at goal!

My coach is open to small modifications-they allow the use of egg whites to make pudding muffins, etc, as this only increases protein without added calories.

I am committed to doing this until the end of February! At that point I will reevaluate to decide if my goal is realistic!

Here's to 6 weeks op!

meant2b
01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow, I really thought I was going stong by losing 50+ lbs in 12 weeks by staying OP, now you ladies make me feel as though I'm CHEATING by using egg whites, an extra packet, some splenda or some crystal light (with splenda) to "fill the gaps"!?!?! I just got a really bad taste in my mouth all of a sudden. You know, I totally agree... you can't just take a day off here & there - that type of behaviour doesn't support the science behind the protocol. However, for anyone out there who is struggling... Just keep trying! And remember, YOU have to figure out what is going to work for YOU! Whether it be on IP (with or without 'modifications'), or something else all together! Are you doing this for YOU or your COACH? My coach tried IP for 3 weeks and couldn't do it... she is actually going to WW! I'm doing this for me... nobody else! Unreal! :(

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow, I really thought I was going stong by losing 50+ lbs in 12 weeks by staying OP, now you ladies make me feel as though I'm CHEATING by using egg whites, an extra packet, some splenda or some crystal light (with splenda) to "fill the gaps"!?!?! I just got a really bad taste in my mouth all of a sudden. You know, I totally agree... you can't just take a day off here & there - that type of behaviour doesn't support the science behind the protocol. However, for anyone out there who is struggling... Just keep trying! And remember, YOU have to figure out what is going to work for YOU! Whether it be on IP (with or without 'modifications'), or something else all together! Are you doing this for YOU or your COACH? My coach tried IP for 3 weeks and couldn't do it... she is actually going to WW! I'm doing this for me... nobody else! Unreal! :(

You're doing amazingly. For the records, i don't consider what you're doing cheating, those are things that a lot of coach allows. To me, if you eat something then feel guilty and know you shouldn't have, then that is cheating.

nikkib
01-24-2012, 01:45 PM
OMG Ashley, so glad you started this thread....seems like it doesn't matter where i think "home" is...people are cheating left and right and since this is a NO cheat diet..if you're cheating, then you're not doing the program and I will not condone or support it (don't mean to be harsh but that's how i feel).

Can we keep this thread going to support each other for those who choose to stay 100% OP until the end....

I second this!! :carrot: Could not have been said better. It gets frustrating to hear how someone cheated and still lost weight. More so when you are honestly staying OP and have a week where it is a very small loss or are just having a bad day.

DanafromAustin
01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
It's like my coach says no Mio, so now I'm off of the Mio. She said calorie wise it's fine, but it causes a spike in the pancreas and can bring back cravings. My coach is pretty much by the book, so I have to follow that.

Mom3LoveBugs
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM

I agree! When I am HUNGRY and have two egg whites.... am I cheating?? Not in my opinion. When I am craving something sweet and have a glass of crystal light with Splenda.... am I cheating?? Again, I don't think so.

It is all relative to what works for you and I will not judge what does not work for you or what does work for someone else.

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm 15 days in [that sounds crazy it's gone by so fast!] but I haven't cheated one tiny bit. I've had cravings yes, I've been stressed & I about had a stress related melt down yesterday BUT not once did I go off plan.

YOU CAN DO THIS! WE CAN ALL DO THIS! Just gotta stay on the right track!

The best advice I know is from this website & the wonderful wonderful people on it. Take it 1 day or MEAL at a time! Don't get a "time frame" [I'm so bad about this] & don't put too much pressure on yourself. It WILL happen if you work the program RIGHT!

Ishbel
01-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Ok everyone,

9 months ago...(If I was prego I'd have a kid by now! lol)...I started and there were LOTS of people STRONG STRONG STRONG!!! I took strength from them...they know who they are.

I am 117 lbs down with 23 more to go (I actually plan on going 5 lbs below that)...I still need that strength....I still need to see the people who are "gittin' 'r done!". I personally need people who are 100% to be telling me they are doing it 100%...this..is part of what keeps me focused.

We all struggle but there are those of us that have been following following following and there is only so much support we can give. We too need support, just because we're 100% doesn't mean we have it in the bag.

...just saying...

meant2b
01-24-2012, 02:15 PM
I agree! When I am HUNGRY and have two egg whites.... am I cheating?? Not in my opinion. When I am craving something sweet and have a glass of crystal light with Splenda.... am I cheating?? Again, I don't think so.

It is all relative to what works for you and I will not judge what does not work for you or what does work for someone else.

:wave: Hi... missed seeing you here!!! Glad you're back!

Thanks for your 2 cents ;-)

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Holiday!

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Ok everyone,

9 months ago...(If I was prego I'd have a kid by now! lol)...I started and there were LOTS of people STRONG STRONG STRONG!!! I took strength from them...they know who they are.

I am 117 lbs down with 23 more to go (I actually plan on going 5 lbs below that)...I still need that strength....I still need to see the people who are "gittin' 'r done!". I personally need people who are 100% to be telling me they are doing it 100%...this..is part of what keeps me focused.

We all struggle but there are those of us that have been following following following and there is only so much support we can give. We too need support, just because we're 100% doesn't mean we have it in the bag.

...just saying...

You are 9 months in, I am 7 months in....We have had our mind set to get to our goal and not let anything get in the way of that. NO TEMPTATION has beat us...WE GOT THIS.....WE ALL GOT THIS!

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 02:24 PM

Those things are not a cheat (imo).

Mom3LoveBugs
01-24-2012, 02:26 PM
:wave: Hi... missed seeing you here!!! Glad you're back!

Thanks for your 2 cents ;-)

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Holiday!

awwwwwww...... thank you!! :hug:

we did have a great holiday besides our whole family getting the flu for the second year in a row at Christmas.... hoping this year we will all be healthy!

I am glad to be back... the boards give me the strength/motivation I need to keep chugging away at my goal. :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I just recently started MiO and I do have boiled egg whites or sometimes I will make them for a extra "stuff" for breakfast :) If that's the worst "cheat" that I do then I should be a-okay ;)

Survalia
01-24-2012, 02:37 PM
It makes me sad to think that you would feel like you do not have support on this forum simply because someone else cheated. If it is important to you to have a thread where no one has ever cheated then maybe there is room for that here. But I have to agree with meant2be about the "bad taste in the mouth." It feels kind of like an Us vs Them thing, which in my mind, means that someone is being judged. As a result, THOSE folks are not being supported. :?:

I would feel the same way (unsupported) about a coach who would drop me like a hot potato if I had a slip up. I certainly would hope someone would try to HELP me before tossing me aside. And, as for a clinic being closed because they refused to "fire" a client??? Well, I would be interested in some documentation.

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 03:06 PM
It makes me sad to think that you would feel like you do not have support on this forum simply because someone else cheated. If it is important to you to have a thread where no one has ever cheated then maybe there is room for that here. But I have to agree with meant2be about the "bad taste in the mouth." It feels kind of like an Us vs Them thing, which in my mind, means that someone is being judged. As a result, THOSE folks are not being supported. :?:

I would feel the same way (unsupported) about a coach who would drop me like a hot potato if I had a slip up. I certainly would hope someone would try to HELP me before tossing me aside. And, as for a clinic being closed because they refused to "fire" a client??? Well, I would be interested in some documentation.

But is it wrong to want to have a place where we can give and receive support from other people that are 100% OP all the time. I feel like most other threads are filled with people who cheat, wonder why they're not losing, receive support, cheat some more... I don't want to sound harsh and don't want to judge people which is why i would like to have a place where everyone is 100% OP all the time.

I don't think its coming across right...

Ishbel
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
You are 9 months in, I am 7 months in....We have had our mind set to get to our goal and not let anything get in the way of that. NO TEMPTATION has beat us...WE GOT THIS.....WE ALL GOT THIS!

Thanks for the support wuv :)! I appreciate it :hug:

.....but I do have a question for you.....

Didn't you start IP 27 April? I started 19 April, so unless my math is wrong you're 9 months on Friday....?

Survalia
01-24-2012, 03:17 PM
*sigh* Busymom, maybe it is just me today. I had a very UNPLANNED cheat last night, and have been really trying to stay positive and not beat myself up about it. Your thread was the first one I saw when I signed on today, and . . . maybe I over-reacted. You (and ALL) who have had the gumption, guts, and whatever else it takes to have never cheated have my utmost admiration. I don't think there are many like you. And of course, as I said, there is certainly room for a special place for you to visit one another. I just hope you won't think less of those of us who have messed up. And, maybe, please beam a little willpower our way, once in a while. :^:

Mom3LoveBugs
01-24-2012, 03:25 PM
But is it wrong to want to have a place where we can give and receive support from other people that are 100% OP all the time. I feel like most other threads are filled with people who cheat, wonder why they're not losing, receive support, cheat some more... I don't want to sound harsh and don't want to judge people which is why i would like to have a place where everyone is 100% OP all the time.

I don't think its coming across right...

so who would be the judge to decide if a person is 100% OP??

obviously MY idea of being OP is different then some others.... just curious as where the line would be drawn.

Mischyff
01-24-2012, 03:29 PM
My coach also has said no cheating or he will drop me. Since I firmly believe that if I can't do this diet, I am doomed to be overweight forever, I will not cheat! I have cravings and I have hunger every day! I don't understand why since I am in ketosis, but I am overdue for my TOM so hoping that is the reason. I don't know if I can deal with this hunger for the long haul, so I am praying that is it!

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 03:33 PM
so who would be the judge to decide if a person is 100% OP??

obviously MY idea of being OP is different then some others.... just curious as where the line would be drawn.

Ok i must be missing something...there's a difference between egg whites and a pizza!

I was glad to see this thread, to have a place to post where people are 100% OP (again, egg whites, splenda, mio, etc are NO cheats).

But i guess that won't work either as this has become a debate thread! I'll just go back to reading...sigh..

Bellamack
01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
This sounds so familiar! I was very frustrated when I began the program back in JULY when people would get on and say they cheated and still lost ( more than I was) I did not cheat at all and phased off properly. Now I am trying to get back to 100% phase I, yes it is harder this time, as I am at a fairly comfortable weight. I have committed again and think that it is hard on those who are committed 100% to hear about cheats. I thank heavens for Wuv, 2ride, itsaboutime,jennydoodle, sandy50, they kept me going even though I had lower loses than average. My coach acused me of cheating (indirectly by saying others, who don't cheat lose more per week than you are and I told her I hadn't cheated once!) Stay the coarse and come here for encouragement. I do believe if someone falls off the wagon, it is humane to pick them back up, brush them off, tell them that they can't make the same mistake again. Booting someone for a cheat isn't the answer either, it is just that some believe because they cheated and still lost, they can do it again, & again & again......
Ishbel - you are rockin' the program. keep it up :)

Ishbel
01-24-2012, 03:42 PM

Don't feel sad :) I'm more just frustrated of feeling like I'm supporting when sometimes I need support back. Sometimes it's nice to be acknowledged when you've had an NSV, even 117 lbs into it.

I was hoping this thread would be what you mentioned...to be honest I bounce threads a lot. But it seems to me this specific thread is becoming more defensive instead of a 'no cheat thread' for us to support each other.

Lately I'm having a bad taste in my own mouth from feeling that there is too much cheating asking for support getting it and only starting the cycle over again. I had my cheat (a drink during week 12 and lost only .2), did I learn? YUPPERS I DID! :) If you stumble, dust yourself off, get some support, confess, whatever you need to do and plug along I'll be there for you! But if you're tumbling you have to figure it out.

Do I consider cheating mio? egg whites? etc etc...if your coach says they're not cheats then they are not cheats. Is eating pizza/pasta for your supper a cheat, doesn't matter what your coach says...it's a cheat.

I'm sorry that it's a tough go at it, so I feel the pain (we all the the pain). Yes, am I scared that I'll have issues after I come back from Mexico in March? YES! Will I need support at that time to get back in the game? YES! Do I have some mechanisms in place to help me get back in the groove? YES and YES! BUT if it becomes a continous cycle of cheating then I hope someone (you know who you are) points out to me the purpose of this diet and gives me the swift boot in the butt.

The continuous cycle can sometimes feel like your being sucked dry when your the supporter. That sounds harsh I know...seriously I'm genuinally a nice person, really I am...but as I type this I feel that people people aren't getting what I mean (and I want to have this massive 'sigh' come out of your computer screens).

Some of you are my friends, some of you are BECOMING my friend. Some of us have struggled either together or at different points...the cycle must stop at some point as it comes across that they are getting all the support and giving none. Just like any relationship, the input must be as much as the output.

I don't want anyone to feel alone, however...it's ok if you can't do this diet or need more then a cheat day break from it till you get your head back in the game. The point of the diet is to give your pancreas a rest. If you don't do that and re-awaken it properly (following the protocol) then you will gain it all back.

It's as simple as that.

If I offended anyone, then I'm sorry...however I do speak from the heart and once the flood gates were opened here...I felt the need to post.

I am aching for a place to call 'home'.

Mom3LoveBugs
01-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Ok i must be missing something...there's a difference between egg whites and a pizza!

I was glad to see this thread, to have a place to post where people are 100% OP (again, egg whites, splenda, mio, etc are NO cheats).

But i guess that won't work either as this has become a debate thread! I'll just go back to reading...sigh..

the original poster said they were cheats....

DanafromAustin
01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't want anyone to feel alone, however...it's ok if you can't do this diet or need more then a cheat day break from it till you get your head back in the game. The point of the diet is to give your pancreas a rest. If you don't do that and re-awaken it properly (following the protocol) then you will gain it all back.

It's as simple as that.

If I offended anyone, then I'm sorry...however I do speak from the heart and once the flood gates were opened here...I felt the need to post.

I am aching for a place to call 'home'.
Very very well said Ishbel. I have to agree 100%.

My coach is very strict and truthfully I think I have been starting to listen to others who follow their coach's advice that certain items are okay, when my coach says, "no." I haven't cheated at all but I am finding that I need to get back to my coach's advice. Basically time to clean up my act a bit.

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the support wuv :)! I appreciate it :hug:

.....but I do have a question for you.....

Didn't you start IP 27 April? I started 19 April, so unless my math is wrong you're 9 months on Friday....?

WOW.....I guess you are right!!!...hahaha....guess I didn't realize how long I really have been on the program, its crazy!!!....This thread is kinda the same kinda thread I opened up with this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/244117-success-stories-100-plan.html I felt that everyone was cheating and we had a lot of newbies started and I wanted them to see that IF you stick to plan 100% the weight will come off.

I too get VERY frustrated that we are seeing so much cheating going on, only after a few weeks or days on program. I don't say anything negative I just post something positive or say nothing at all because I don't want to offend anyone. YOU have to make the decision to do it for YOU, NO ONE can DO IT FOR YOU...THAT is what everyone has to realize

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
the original poster said they were cheats....

Ok i see where you're coming from but I think we can all agree as to what is considered a cheat and what is not. I think that you know you're being 100% OP when you go for you WI and feel good about your week and your conscience is clear (wether you lose or not).

Ishbel - I want to give support and receive some too and not be overwhelmed with people who cheat constantly. BTW you go girl on your 117lbs :)

Mom3LoveBugs
01-24-2012, 04:13 PM
WOW.....I guess you are right!!!...hahaha....guess I didn't realize how long I really have been on the program, its crazy!!!....This thread is kinda the same kinda thread I opened up with this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/244117-success-stories-100-plan.html I felt that everyone was cheating and we had a lot of newbies started and I wanted them to see that IF you stick to plan 100% the weight will come off.

I too get VERY frustrated that we are seeing so much cheating going on, only after a few weeks or days on program. I don't say anything negative I just post something positive or say nothing at all because I don't want to offend anyone. YOU have to make the decision to do it for YOU, NO ONE can DO IT FOR YOU...THAT is what everyone has to realize

congratulations to you and Ishbel.... 9 months is AH-MAZING!!! :carrot:

and yes, I can imagine how frustrating it must be to see all of the people cheating when you both are proof that if you stick to it, it does work!

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 04:20 PM

First of - WUV congrats on your 119lbs :)

And you're stronger than me cause i find it exhausting reading post after post about cheating, etc. I remember when i started 6 months ago..there were a few strugglings but very rarely would people cheat over and over.

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 04:35 PM
First of - WUV congrats on your 119lbs :)

And you're stronger than me cause i find it exhausting reading post after post about cheating, etc. I remember when i started 6 months ago..there were a few strugglings but very rarely would people cheat over and over.
I find it VERY exhausting and VERY aggravating to see all of the cheats. Going on a diet is by choice, meaning you are trying to CHANGE your way of eating and by CHEATING that is NOT CHANGING your way of eating. Its a commitment you (we) make to ourselves just like as if we were entering a relationship or even marriage. YOU have to want it to work, ONLY YOU can change it, Peer pressure, social events, life in general WILL ALWAYS BE THERE...it is HOW YOU CHOSE to deal with it, THAT is the choice you make. You can be STRONG and just socialize when at gatherings OR you can give in because you don't wanna feel "left out" BUT actually WHO is looking at you if you don't drink or eat? is everyone?....NO, it is YOU who feels uncomfortable its is YOU who feels left out so YOU give in and accept it. YOU have to be STRONG and say to yourself I AM WORTH THIS.....I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT DRINK or I DON"T HAVE TO EAT THAT....I think most people would be PROUD of you for STANDING your ground and saying NO and STICKING TO YOUR PLAN!...YOU have to find the INNER STRENGTH to OVERCOME the obstacles in life...LIFE will NOT stop because you are on a diet, it does go on....sorry, just how I feel

ATeam
01-24-2012, 05:30 PM

For me and according to my coach being on plan 100% is not that black and white. In my humble opinion.

1) indulge in any carbs and you are off plan.
2) go against what IP or your coach approves and it's off plan.

It's been over two weeks now and we have been 100% in accordance to what our coach has approved. I do elliptical everyday and burn between 300-500 calories, for example we have 1 egg (70 calories) between lunch and supper to keep from really losing it and our coach approved it. Is that off plan, no since it's approved by our coach. After two weeks as a couple we've lost 28.6 pounds.

I have in front of me the Official Ideal Protein Spring/Summer recipes book and in some recipes they call for such things a Splenda, Lime/Lemon juice, and on page 16 they call for 1 1/2 cups of plain yogurt, on page 18 they have 2 tlbs of blanched almonds ect...

Even the official Ideal Protein recipe book isn't even 100% on plan. To me being 100% on plan is what your coach approves for you according to your health and fitness requirements.

DanafromAustin
01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
I sure hope we can all come to an agreement so this thread will continue to exist. It sure would be nice to come to a place with others who are like minded in how they do IP each day. I don't mean like minded in having Splenda or not, but rather knowing that having a slice of pizza is just not an option for us.

Of course we wouldn't want it to be a thread of we're better than you, but rather a thread for those of us who decided to commit to this way of life 100 percent. None of us are perfect, if we were I guess we wouldn't have gained so much weight. We all make decisions in life, and for right now there are those of us who have decided (for each his own reason I'm sure) not to cheat at all on IP. I guess this would be our "safe" place.

Mom3LoveBugs
01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
For me and according to my coach being on plan 100% is not that black and white. In my humble opinion.

1) indulge in any carbs and you are off plan.
2) go against what IP or your coach approves and it's off plan.

It's been over two weeks now and we have been 100% in accordance to what our coach has approved. I do elliptical everyday and burn between 300-500 calories, for example we have 1 egg (70 calories) between lunch and supper to keep from really losing it and our coach approved it. Is that off plan, no since it's approved by our coach. After two weeks as a couple we've lost 28.6 pounds.

I have in front of me the Official Ideal Protein Spring/Summer recipes book and in some recipes they call for such things a Splenda, Lime/Lemon juice, and on page 16 they call for 1 1/2 cups of plain yogurt, on page 18 they have 2 tlbs of blanched almonds ect...

Even the official Ideal Protein recipe book isn't even 100% on plan. To me being 100% on plan is what your coach approves for you according to your health and fitness requirements.

I agree! :)

I don't have a coach... doing this solo with alternatives but I follow the IP protocol as close as I can.

ItsAboutTime
01-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I did the program for about 5 months or more before I cheated. I phased off for vacation right before Christmas and it's been a struggle getting back on plan. I have about 20 more pounds I'd like to lose and it's coming off, but I doubt I'm in ketosis. The one thing I will say is that my cheats are different than they would be had I not been on IP. I cheat with string cheese or a handful of peanuts. I know a cheat is a cheat but in my book, if it's not cookies and bags of chips or ice cream or something, I'm learning something. And one little thing is all I need. Not the whole container of peanuts.

So, anyway, it's great to be op. It's what you NEED to lose the weight! And like someone else said, it's so hard to stop once you've allowed yourself to do it so STAY ON PLAN! But make sure you are doing it for the right reasons and learning in the process. If you live to get done, it's all coming back! This is a lifestyle change and a habit maker. Good luck to all of you!

patns
01-24-2012, 06:39 PM

Are you sure you are not reading in the maintenance thread? That is the only place I read about "cheat" days which is actually not a very good name for a necessary part of the program.

lindac36
01-24-2012, 06:42 PM
I am with you, just finishing up week 3! It has been easier than i thought it would be. They say one day at a time, but, really, it is one meal at a time. Reading this post has been a very helpful too for me. I don't know if I would have been his strong without it. I love reading the stuff from the newbies as well as the long timers. I am off to my weigh in. Good luck to all, keep posting and keep up the non-cheating!

patns
01-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Well said. My coach actually recommended the 2 egg whites, she said it was an excellent source of protein fow very low cals.
I don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist because of some slight changes in what coaches interpret. The important thing is to keep monitoring what works for you.

Pat

massconfusion84
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
ooooh I like this thread. I am no cheater. I have tough days but I dont give in. I am even scared to use MIO, splenda or some of the other things some people use for flavoring. I am 100% OP allll the time :)

patns
01-24-2012, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=Ishbel;4186594
Lately I'm having a bad taste in my own mouth from feeling that there is too much cheating asking for support getting it and only starting the cycle over again. I had my cheat (a drink during week 12 and lost only .2), did I learn? YUPPERS I DID! :) If you stumble, dust yourself off, get some support, confess, whatever you need to do and plug along I'll be there for you! But if you're tumbling you have to figure it out.

Do I consider cheating mio? egg whites? etc etc...if your coach says they're not cheats then they are not cheats. Is eating pizza/pasta for your supper a cheat, doesn't matter what your coach says...it's a cheat.

[/QUOTE]

This is a case in point about what my issue with this topic.

As far as I know I haven't cheated but can't guarantee what is actually in things I eat when I am in a restaurant so can't say I have been 100% OP.

But I lose very slowly and couldn't take the stress of thinking I would get the boot because I was losing at the rate of a pound to a pound and a
half a week and went to alternatives, saved a bundle and am almost at goal.
But Ishbel, you are a total sucess story, one I really consider a role model and I am always inspired by your posts.

You say you had a drink for what ever reason at week 12. Following the line of reasoning of 100% or you are out you would have been gone. But you got right back on track and are more than 100 pounds down. So that makes mush more sense to me than one strike and you are gone.

Coming to the end of phase 1 I finally realised I don't lose when my regular meal options are always very low fat such as chicken breasts. I am thinking an issue was not getting everything in rather than having a few egg whites. Pizza is so far off my radar I don't think I'll ever eat it again.

AussieonIP
01-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Starting on Thursday, and the cost of the program, compared with being told that while I am 26, I am living in a body aged 42 makes me not want to cheat, I was even given a box of Bars, and reading through these pages, I am not going to touch them until I am on my 5th week!

Willpower is an amazing thing!

Cheers/S...

patns
01-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Starting on Thursday, and the cost of the program, compared with being told that while I am 26, I am living in a body aged 42 makes me not want to cheat, I was even given a box of Bars, and reading through these pages, I am not going to touch them until I am on my 5th week!

Willpower is an amazing thing!

Cheers/S...

However, the bars (or at least one restricted a day) are part of a carefully balanced program that much research has gone into. It is went I cut things out I don't lose.

Ishbel
01-24-2012, 07:25 PM
I did the program for about 5 months or more before I cheated. I phased off for vacation right before Christmas and it's been a struggle getting back on plan. I have about 20 more pounds I'd like to lose and it's coming off, but I doubt I'm in ketosis. The one thing I will say is that my cheats are different than they would be had I not been on IP. I cheat with string cheese or a handful of peanuts. I know a cheat is a cheat but in my book, if it's not cookies and bags of chips or ice cream or something, I'm learning something. And one little thing is all I need. Not the whole container of peanuts.

Lynsey, I don't mean this to be offensive...but did you read the book? When I did I completely bought into the science of the program so yes it's not a big bag of cookies or chips but your cheese sticks have natural sugar in them. The nuts have higher fat. If you get back to where you were you'll get your head back in the game and 'git r' done'.

Quite simply, if you don't cut it out you may lose your 20 lbs to goal but you're highly likely to gain it all right back. You MUST give your pancreas the rest this diet intends for it. Or, all your hard work will be for nothing. The quicker you get back into ketosis, the easier it will be. You might not like what I'm saying...but I'm saying it nonetheless.

This is a case in point about what my issue with this topic.

As far as I know I haven't cheated but can't guarantee what is actually in things I eat when I am in a restaurant so can't say I have been 100% OP.

But I lose very slowly and couldn't take the stress of thinking I would get the boot because I was losing at the rate of a pound to a pound and a
half a week and went to alternatives, saved a bundle and am almost at goal.
But Ishbel, you are a total sucess story, one I really consider a role model and I am always inspired by your posts.

You say you had a drink for what ever reason at week 12. Following the line of reasoning of 100% or you are out you would have been gone. But you got right back on track and are more than 100 pounds down. So that makes mush more sense to me than one strick and you are gone.

Coming to the end of phase 1 I finally realised I don't lose when my regular meal options are always very low fat such as chicken breasts. I am thinking an issue was not getting everything in rather than having a few egg whites. Pizza is so far off my radar I don't think I'll ever eat it again.

Actually I found it to be a thread that 100% OP people could stick together not a "one cheat and your out" thread. It's become a defensive back and forth and is therefore full of tension. If we were all in a room I bet a knife could cut the tension.

I'm tired and can be exhausted by people who are in a continuous tumble vice a stumble (like my drink at week 12). Mine was a planned drink, I learned from it. I don't even think I whined about it on here...I actually got mad at myself and my inner voice said "ok, I did it, it's ok focus on the end, keep plugging alone my girl". FYI - I was OP until then AND my coach actually encouraged me to have a drink as a treat (she was new). lol - I still love her, we have our own special relationship.

What I was attempting to do, was use it as an example of a 'cheat'...and moving on. Not a continous cycle of where I need continuous support. I do need support and I get it in various different ways but it can't all be one sided on this forum. We're all on different paths but on the same journey. Some of us will stumble some of us will tumble. If you stumble get your support and move along...if you tumble...figure it out...only you can figure it out and get your head back in the game.

Again, I didn't find this thread at all "one cheat and you're out" I was like "oooooo....maybe I can call this home?!"

Iamthegram
01-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I am on board! NO cheating from me. I am starting my program tomorrow...and promise no cheating from me, I am so tired of being unhealthy.

Busymomx4
01-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I sure hope we can all come to an agreement so this thread will continue to exist. It sure would be nice to come to a place with others who are like minded in how they do IP each day. I don't mean like minded in having Splenda or not, but rather knowing that having a slice of pizza is just not an option for us.

I would like to have a place to go to where i know i won't have to worry about several people talking about their cheating and will find dedicated people like me.

Lynsey, I'll just repeat what you just said...a cheat is a cheat and you can't justify a cheat being better than another cheat. You did great the first time around, you know what you need to do.

Actually I found it to be a thread that 100% OP people could stick together not a "one cheat and your out" thread. It's become a defensive back and forth and is therefore full of tension. If we were all in a room I bet a knife could cut the tension

That's all i've been wanting for weeks now...finding a place where we can talk about our struggles on being 100% OP without being drained by the many posts of cheaters.

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 08:25 PM
I would like to have a place to go to where i know i won't have to worry about several people talking about their cheating and will find dedicated people like me.

Lynsey, I'll just repeat what you just said...a cheat is a cheat and you can't justify a cheat being better than another cheat. You did great the first time around, you know what you need to do.

That's all i've been wanting for weeks now...finding a place where we can talk about our struggles on being 100% OP without being drained by the many posts of cheaters.

You can some over to Wayward and Wuv's thread....its a nice place to call home :)

patns
01-25-2012, 12:45 AM

Ashley

I didn't mean to cause tension but very often it is said that a cheat means you are gone. We are human and life happens, a stumble can be corrected. Actually following the protocol sheets and eating healthily is not suffering at all. many people say they are amazed at the amount of energy they have.

DanafromAustin
01-25-2012, 01:54 AM
Are you sure you are not reading in the maintenance thread? That is the only place I read about "cheat" days which is actually not a very good name for a necessary part of the program.

I will call it my "free day" when I finally get to maintenance. Much more pleasant sounding, don't you think?

Linden
01-25-2012, 04:07 AM

...just saying...

Nice. ;) :hug:

TracyAWC
01-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Interesting thread!

I've been OP except for a 24 hour fall off the wagon Christmas Eve and Christmas - I was "planning" on just having a glass of red wine but it devolved into a foodfest. Between that and getting my period the next day I learned my lesson - no cheats...not worth the hassle of getting back on and it only prolonged this journey another week (or two).

My coach has been pretty strict - no egg whites allowed/no baking soda so no pudding cakes etc. But I'm sticking with it because I know in the long run it's teaching ME to be in control of what to put in my mouth rather than letting the cravings take over.

Anyway you all have been and continue to be inspirational and I thank you much for being the great role models you are!

Junetwin11
01-25-2012, 09:01 AM
I am not into cheating. Never did! IMHO-There's no point in cheating! When I do get into phase 4-I too will call it my FREE day!

meant2b
01-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Inhale - Exhale - Deep Breath!!!! I didn't finish reading all posts - WAY too exhausting!!!! :)

Maybe someone already mentioned it, but is someone interested in starting this thread over again? Either the same name or "100% OP" ? I think everyone agrees, it was a fantastic thread, as we all get discouraged and frustrated with those who really cheat and wonder why the program is so hard or wonder why they aren't losing and then it's so hard to 'get back on track'. Thanks to Wuv & Ishbel (and other non-cheaters) I too have been 100% OP and have the results to back it up! I couldn't be happier. Also, I was considering the possibility of having a drink or two this Friday night... thanks to your support (and a nurse friend of mine), I've already made the decision that I WILL NOT be having even 1 drink - that would be a CHEAT!

I just think this thread started off VERY poorly with the way 'no cheat' was layed out! Maybe I over reacted too, but it seemed pretty harsh and actually made me pretty upset due to the fact that I've had such amazing success and have made such a conscious effort NOT to cheat.

Wuv, you always know just how to say it. I agree with all of this 100%!

Is it possible to start this over again? Ishbel... you want to take the lead on this one? I love your thery of a place called "home"!

Ishbel
01-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Is it possible to start this over again? Ishbel... you want to take the lead on this one? I love your thery of a place called "home"!

Sure I can start another one, but I can't pm legacy7 to see if SHE's ok with that. So if you're reading this let me know?

OR legacy7 could start a new thread. Either way we can do away with this one (you'd have to close it) and we can start on a more positive note.

Name Options: (lol)

Home of the 100%
100% OP - Official thread

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Inhale - Exhale - Deep Breath!!!! I didn't finish reading all posts - WAY too exhausting!!!! :)

Maybe someone already mentioned it, but is someone interested in starting this thread over again? Either the same name or "100% OP" ? I think everyone agrees, it was a fantastic thread, as we all get discouraged and frustrated with those who really cheat and wonder why the program is so hard or wonder why they aren't losing and then it's so hard to 'get back on track'. Thanks to Wuv & Ishbel (and other non-cheaters) I too have been 100% OP and have the results to back it up! I couldn't be happier. Also, I was considering the possibility of having a drink or two this Friday night... thanks to your support (and a nurse friend of mine), I've already made the decision that I WILL NOT be having even 1 drink - that would be a CHEAT!

I just think this thread started off VERY poorly with the way 'no cheat' was layed out! Maybe I over reacted too, but it seemed pretty harsh and actually made me pretty upset due to the fact that I've had such amazing success and have made such a conscious effort NOT to cheat.

Totally agree, what a great idea. I think the OP just put a bad taste in my mouth with all the talk of suffering and all that. 100% OP doesn't have to be bad, I promise!! A fresh start would be great!!

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 11:38 AM
I just checked and the OP hasn't been on since the day she posted this (2 days ago). Not sure if she's coming back to check in or not, but does someone else want to start the new thread, or I am happy to do it.

nikkib
01-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Name Options: (lol)

Home of the 100%

I like this idea :) Either way it would be nice for those who are 100% committed mind, body and soul to have a "safe place" where there is no talk of falling off the wagon. We all know some coaches approve and disapprove extra eggs, egg whites, splenda, Mio, baking soda, crystal light... BUT we all have the one thing in common and that is we all know that junk food and a lot of normally healthy food (fruit, non allowed veggies, too much milk, grains...) are NOT allowed on the plan (unless you are on the IP alternative plan for diabetics and those that are put specifically on it by their coach.) I think this we all can agree on. I also think that a thread called "I cheated and need support to get back OP" or something like that would be a great idea for those who did have a fall off and need encouragement to get back on plan. .

Sorry if I have stepped on any toes. I think everyone should be supportive and put themselves in the others shoes but there should also be a safe place for those who want to have the influence of 100% OP people in their lives.

DanafromAustin
01-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Home of the 100%

I like it, and this thread definitely needs to be started again.

patns
01-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Agreed with the idea of the new thread, a problem is most of the things listed in the first thread as cheats are actually postive parts of the program for many people such as the egg whites.
Just the idea of everyone blindly following one person's coach was upsetting as we can all tell from this board there is a very wide variety in coach's understanding.
On a positive note there seems to be far less posts about coaches cutting out things that are actually on the protocol sheets so it seems that over the course of a year just about every coach does have access to up to date information.
Pat

Giniwarrior
01-25-2012, 11:54 AM
It was interesting following this thread. People get pretty upset. One way to look at this is remembering we are foodaholics. Just like alcoholics some times people, "Fall of the wagon." You dont condone it but support them to get back on track. I have lost 60lbs and have been 100% OP. But, I do understand. Also, if it had been 10yrs ago I probably would have struggled too. I say, good for you for trying to change your lives! Even if you have fits and starts. I do notice that some coaches are stricter than others but ultimately you are your own coach. Regardless of what they say just follow the program guidelines. As to what is allowed and what isn't. At the bottom of the outline they give you the first day it says if its 0/0/0 its allowed. Like MIO and crystal lite with splenda and Torani's sugar free syrup. The only person that can stand in your way is you. Be kind and understanding. Everyone needs support. And unless you have walked in the other persons shoes you dont know what drives them. If you want the best results stay on program. And for those 100% OP it is an admirable undertaking. Congrats!! So, relax:-)

ATeam
01-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Well said. My coach actually recommended the 2 egg whites, she said it was an excellent source of protein fow very low cals. I don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist because of some slight changes in what coaches interpret. The important thing is to keep monitoring what works for you.
Pat

Well said, and that's why they don't call it the Perfect Plan but the Ideal Plan :)

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 12:33 PM
I just checked and the OP hasn't been on since the day she posted this (2 days ago). Not sure if she's coming back to check in or not, but does someone else want to start the new thread, or I am happy to do it.

Go ahead and get it started please. I'm looking forward to have a "home" to go to :)

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Go ahead and get it started please. I'm looking forward to have a "home" to go to :)

Whoops! Sorry, I meant to before I logged off but went to fold laundry. Wuv started it for me :)

allbeefpatti
01-25-2012, 02:25 PM
I have cheated on my first day :( I bought sugar free candies thinking they were ok but they had 24 carbs. I feel awful that I haven't even made it through the first day- I don't eat candy often, but I think it's all psychological knowing that I can't have it makes me want it

Linden
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Would somebody please bump the OOOPS! thread so people who want to talk about cheating have a place to go? I'd do it but I can't find it and I know some of you are whizzes at the IP search.