Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #1  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default Acne - no more since starting IP

Hello Everyone,

I just want to share and see about your experience with this, if it worked as well for you as it did for me.

Before starting IP, I was having the worst adult acne, it was so embarrassing and nothing worked except when I was on the pill (not really an option when I am dying to be a mom).

Once I started IP, my skin cleared all the way, I rarely get a pimple now.

When I cheated on the diet a couple of times, I got some mild acne back, but now that I am back 100% on the program, my face cleared and I am so happy about this diet, really it is heaven sent.

Anyone had gone through the same experience? Would love to hear from you.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #2  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Yes!

I am on day 12 and my face has already become a lot clearer... lovin' it!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Same here the acne has cleared up. I love it. The only I'm dealing with right now is dry skin...but alas colder weather = cracked and dry skin for me.
bludolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I never had problems with pimples but I had combination skin which is now "dry". I went from a 3 toner in Clinque to a 1....complete turn around. I'm using regular moisturizer vice the oil free gel moisturizer.

I'm happy now, my face feels better. (I didn't know it but it dried out I guess!)

Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

What might be helping is the omega 3 (fish oil). My daughter's skin was not great till she started taking fish oil on a regualr basis. If she stops she breaks out, but once back on fish oil and it clears up. Also since we are eating much healthier food and drinking lots of water helps a lot too.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

I'm loving this too! My skin has been a little dry since I started IP, but I've lost the acne which has been absolutely wonderful.
stickingtotheplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

3rd day on maintenance and a pimple appears - was clear the whole time on plan
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

My skin has never looked better since being on IP. I always had pimples around my jaw line and dry/combination skin. Now, I don't have pimples or the flaky dry areas. Last week we were away on vacation, I wasn't 100% op and now I have the old skin issues. Since being home and 100% op my skin looks better again.
alexandallismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

My skin has been really good ever since I started taking fish oil years ago, but I have noticed how dry my skin has become since going on IP. So I bought some coconut oil that I put on my skin after my shower and just blot dry. No more dry skin now.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 269/236/180

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I never had problems with pimples but I had combination skin which is now "dry". I went from a 3 toner in Clinque to a 1....complete turn around. I'm using regular moisturizer vice the oil free gel moisturizer.

I'm happy now, my face feels better. (I didn't know it but it dried out I guess!)

My face cleared up as well, but also got dry...I'm a Clinique Consultant, I was also a 3...with the DDML Gel for oily skin. I still use the 3 with the gel, but now I add the moisture surge lotion in addition to my DDML and the moisture surge tinted moisturizer as my foundation! I love it!! I don't like the way my skin feels with a clarifying lotion 1+2 I'll stick to my 3 and do my 3 step.
NewSexyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #11  

I have also noticed an improvement in my acne; however, I feel it's a combination of being OP and the apple cider vinegar I use on my face. I had really bad cystic acne on my jawline and was advise to see a dermatologist. I found this natural remedy on a website and it improved greatly ever before I was OP.

I mix 2 tablespoons ACV with 6-8 tablespoons water. After I wash my face, I use a cotton ball to rub on my face...like a toner. It's recommended to wash it off after 10 minutes. I make a pretty mild mixture (8-10 tablespoons water instead) so I leave it on and put my moisturizer on and any make up for the day. I also do it at bedtime and just leave it on too. If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend washing it off.

I also read that tea tree oil on a cotton ball with witch hazel is great for spot treating acne. I personally haven't tried it.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #12  

I strongly recommend "Acne No More" (just google it) if you have trouble with acne. Some of the tips in that guide are amazing, and works soo quick! Best of luck to you
wondergal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #13  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

My acne cleared up when I was 16, the day after my mother made me stop drinking Diet Coke... artificial caramel color can cause havoc with skin.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote