Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/11/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/11/12

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-11-2012, 01:47 AM
I can't fall asleep right now (nearly 2 in the morning) . . . I have a small headache, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that I can't sleep xD

All I can think of is how ready I am to be less than 200 pounds. I've never been under that weight; well under 206 (even with running 45 minutes straight every day and eating right). I just wonder if I'm cut out to get to that point. =/

SewingMomma
01-11-2012, 07:59 AM
I can't fall asleep right now (nearly 2 in the morning) . . . I have a small headache, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that I can't sleep xD

All I can think of is how ready I am to be less than 200 pounds. I've never been under that weight; well under 206 (even with running 45 minutes straight every day and eating right). I just wonder if I'm cut out to get to that point. =/

You can do it! Just hang in there. Stick with the program, and the weight will come off.

Good OP vibes to everyone today. It's cold down here in Louisiana today and will be getting colder over the next few days. Time to put away the shorts and burn a few logs in the fireplace. Of course, we'll probably be wearing shorts again next week. :)

idealpromom
01-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Morning,
Headed to my WI! Would love to see the first number as a "1", but that would mean 6 lbs., so will be happy with any loss.
Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day. And remember, you can do this!

lindac36
01-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Signed up for the Valentines Day Challenge. I am going to do this! I really am excited to see the scale moving closer to 200. My coach said maybe 7 weeks, sounds like a long time but it will fly on by with you all to keep me going!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-11-2012, 08:24 AM
I don't know why I am sort of bummed about a six pound loss in week one.

Everyone loses differently. I lost 5 lbs my first week and have averaged around 3 lbs a week since. Be happy that you've done so well!

Has anyone done the cleanse for week 6? My coach said I should do it next week--I would like to know what to expect. Any advice?

NavyMommy
01-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Good morning!!! Feeling good today. Went to bed uncharacteristically early for me last night, and now I feel much better. It's finally starting to clear up here today after being overcast most of the past week and raining the past 2 days, but man is it cold!! I thought I was cold natured before, but man on IP I am ALWAYS cold!! I am really looking forward to my morning cappuccino this morning!! Hope everyone has a great OP IP day!!

Why is it day 6 is worse than day three?? Holy cow I've been really good but for some reason I have been extra hungry today. Had a vanilla shake for breakfast, sweet chard and pudding for lunch, protein bar at 3 and soy patty and zucchini for dinner. I want bread sooooooooooo bad tonight. I don't get this I thought it would get easier. I've been fighting whether I should have another protein pkg. maybe the jello or the yogurt drink will hit the spot. Keep saying yes, no, yes, no. It's 8:30 pm now and still deciding.

You might want to think about switching your afternoon snack to an evening snack. That was what my coach suggested and I know that a lot of people do it that way. I actually have the Jello every night while hubby and I are playing games or watching TV, helps me to feel 'normal' since he usually has a snack then too and it's like a little dessert.

So random question ~ I have had two c sections and I am wondering if the flop over "gut" will go away while on the program or will I have to do some major areobic work after I meet goal? Any thoughts or people that have experience with this?

I hope it goes away, but sadly I don't know if it ever will. I've had 2 c-sections too and just from the extra skin that's there I don't know. Starting week 3 though I'm going to start doing some light core exercises just to keep that area toned up.

I have a bit of a concern and only because I know my body and the past experiences. I know I should not do this but I do weigh myself every morning. I'm sorry but it truly keeps me motivated. When I began the first two days I lost two lbs each day, then the next two days I lost l lb a day. Then stopped and today is day 7. I'm getting nervous because this happens to me all the time with other dieting attempts. I am following to the "T"!! Have not put in a crumb that I am not suppose to in my mouth. Does this usually happen?

Well I can't admonish you for the daily weighing because I do exactly the same thing, but I know that my weight is going to fluctuate daily and so if I'm up a pound I don't sweat it and know that if anything I now have more motivation to stay OP. If you're going to worry about it though why don't you try putting it up for a week, just to see how you feel.

If you're weight has gone like you said, that means you're down 6lbs!! In only a week!! WTG! Stick with it and it will keep coming off, sometimes at an unsteady rate but as long as you're 100% OP I wouldn't worry about the day 7 stall.

You are!! Stick with it and you'll be there before you know it! I honestly didn't think I would ever be in the 180's again, but here I am, ready to usher in the 170's now.

Good OP vibes to everyone today. It's cold down here in Louisiana today and will be getting colder over the next few days. Time to put away the shorts and burn a few logs in the fireplace. Of course, we'll probably be wearing shorts again next week. :)

That's how it is where I'm at. We're technically in FL, but the weather here is nuts. It was 70 degrees yesterday, but after I came out from my daughter's therapy appointment (1 hour later) it was 15 degrees colder and raining. Yuck! Today looks to be about the same. I actually don't have any long sleeved shirts because I refuse to buy something that's going to be to big in a month so I'm existing in short sleeved / sleeveless shirts and a jacket.

omgzitsmiranda
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Day 3 & going strong :D

CutieEli
01-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Good morning beautiful IPers!!! :)

I had my WI yesterday morning and I lost 9lbs!!! :D It feels wonderful to be back on again and feel good about myself. It is a bit challenging when I go to school...but I just bring my dill pickle IP chips and it fixes the problem :D

Congrats to other members who have lost weight..for new members stick in there it is TOTALLY worth it..YOU ARE WORTH IT :)

Have a GRRRREAT day everyone :) :carrot:

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Signed up for the Valentines Day Challenge. I don't know why I am sort of bummed about a six pound loss in week one. I know it's actually a good number, but, I thought it would be more. I am thinking that it means I will only lose 1 or 2 pounds a week from now on since week one should be the biggest loss week. But, 6 pounds is alot right? Just venting, I am going to do this! I really am excited to see the scale moving closer to 200 than 230. My coach said maybe 7 weeks, sounds like a long time but it will fly on by with you all to keep me going!

BUMMED????....do you know how many people would KILL to lose 6lbs on their first week? It seems to me that EVERYONE who is just starting are expecting LARGE numbers because some of us have lost 6+lbs their first WI, NEVER NEVER EVER compare yourself to ANYONE on here. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!!!!....we all have different bodies, we ALL lose different. YOU and ONLY YOU loss that 6lbs ON YOUR OWN...you SHOULD BE PROUD of yourself. What are you going to do when you do lose that 1lb or that .5lb??? A loss is a loss that you don't have to carry around any longer and you are getting healthy, what more do you want?

Everyone loses differently. I lost 5 lbs my first week and have averaged around 3 lbs a week since. Be happy that you've done so well!

Has anyone done the cleanse for week 6? My coach said I should do it next week--I would like to know what to expect. Any advice?

That cleanse is about $60 and not necessary, I have never done it and have been on the program for 7 months now. If you "go" on a regular basis you should be fine. If you want to do a cleanse there are plenty of over the counter products you can take that are a lot cheaper that do the same job if not better I am sure.

Good morning everyone, today is my week 36 WI so we will see how this week goes. Hopefully I will be out of the 270's this week and into the 260's. Seems like I have been in the 270's forever. In the month of December I loss 18lbs total for the month, so I really wasn't....lol....just seems like that. Well GOOD LUCK to all the WI's today, I'll check back in when I get back!

Lakewood
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM

What is the cleanse?:?:

No loss for me this week, but still going strong! Like I told a friend the other day - I don't care if this stuff tastes like a sweaty gym sock, I am NOT stopping!

DezD
01-11-2012, 08:49 AM
So today I fit into the pants that I thought would never fit. :carrot: I tried them on just to see how close I was.....and they fit!! I couldn't be more happy with the way this diet works. I have been on Ideal Protein since mid September and if you told me that just 4 months later I would have lost all the weight it took me 6.5 years to gain, I would have laughed. :joker:

MustangMolly
01-11-2012, 08:52 AM

Hang in there, you can do this. It's amazing how much easier it gets with every week.

Morning,
Headed to my WI! Would love to see the first number as a "1", but that would mean 6 lbs., so will be happy with any loss.
Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day. And remember, you can do this!

I, too, am looking forward to reaching onderland, although I have a bit more to go to get there than you do. I hope you reach it soon, it is one of the big milestones that really makes this plan feel worthwhile.

Day 3 & going strong :D

Congrats to you! Day 3 was a tough one for me, headache and no energy..if that happens to you just remember it will pass and you will feel so much better.

I have an NSV to share, I am wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't worn in well over 5 years! :carrot: And they are even a little baggy in the seat. :D Good luck to those with WI today, and congrats to all of us on the plan for taking control of our health.

lindac36
01-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Sorry for my earlier whining everyone. I'm over it now and ready for a new on plan ideal protein day! Good luck to everyone with their weigh ins and their choices for today

MustangMolly
01-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Sorry for my earlier whining everyone. I'm over it now and ready for a new on plan ideal protein day! Good luck to everyone with their weigh ins and their choices for today

Hi Linda, in my opinion, there is no apology needed. That's why we are here, to support each other and help each other through the hard times and celebrate the good times.

omgzitsmiranda
01-11-2012, 09:23 AM
It's crazy how most people had a horrible day 3 because I feel better today than I've felt all week LOL. Thankfully of course! I even woke up a little earlier than usual, woke up in a good mood & wasn't even that hungry. I was starvingggggg last night, but I'm all good right now. I need to get my shake in & vitamins, along with some water; but so far so good! Hopefully it will only get better! Staying positive :D

FoolishHeart
01-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone! I am feeling much better today, after several days back OP since my Christmas week of bad eating. Reading y'all's posts helps me so much, both the positive and the negative, so I know I'm not going thru this alone!

I purged my closet of all my 2x and 3x clothes yesterday. It felt sooooo good! But I was afraid I'd have to go shopping, because I didn't have very many casual shirts in the 1X size. But then I discovered 3 shirts hanging in my closet that I haven't worn in YEARS and I tried them on, and bingo! That's the kind of NSV that makes me sooooo happy. It blows my mind to think that next month I could be in a Large size! Then I really will have to do some shopping. I don't have anything below a 1X!

Backdrop - Be really careful about your inner thoughts like wondering if you're "cut out" to get to a healthy weight. Of course you are! You are really no different than any of us on this plan, and you deserve to lose the weight just as much as any one else. You even have a great advantage, because you're so much younger than the most of us! But if you tell yourself over and over again that you're not cut out for it, or don't deserve it, then you WILL sabotage yourself. This plan really works and you can do it!

Have a wonderful OP day everyone! Congratulation on all the losses! Keep going every one, we can do this!

DanafromAustin
01-11-2012, 10:01 AM

Personally I would save my 60.00. If you are having constipation issues there are a lot cheeper ways out there to deal with it. I bought some stuff at my local health food store that is all natural, works like a charm when I feel the need to take it and cost only a small fraction of 60.00.

No loss for me this week, but still going strong! Like I told a friend the other day - I don't care if this stuff tastes like a sweaty gym sock, I am NOT stopping!

Some clinics suggest taking these cleansing pills at the 6 week mark. The package cost 60.00. My .02 cents is they are a waste of money. Lakewood I like your friend's attitude, but fortunately the food does generally taste better than a sweaty gym sock. LOL

So today I fit into the pants that I thought would never fit. :carrot: I tried them on just to see how close I was.....and they fit!! I couldn't be more happy with the way this diet works. I have been on Ideal Protein since mid September and if you told me that just 4 months later I would have lost all the weight it took me 6.5 years to gain, I would have laughed. :joker:

You look great!

It's crazy how most people had a horrible day 3 because I feel better today than I've felt all week LOL. Thankfully of course! I even woke up a little earlier than usual, woke up in a good mood & wasn't even that hungry. I was starvingggggg last night, but I'm all good right now. I need to get my shake in & vitamins, along with some water; but so far so good! Hopefully it will only get better! Staying positive :D

Sounds like you are in ketosis. Next comes the nasty breath - keep some sugar free mints handy. ;)

abuck
01-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Sounds like you are in ketosis. Next comes the nasty breath - keep some sugar free mints handy. ;)

I was just going to ask if anyone noticed that about 3-4 days after they went into ketosis they had horrid breath. Dang I am so self conscious. Just been chewing a couple of pieces of sugar free gum a day but hopefully it passes.

WI #1= -8.6 lbs and start of TOM. I think I have never felt better. I worked 4 12-hr nights in a row this weekend and normally I am dragging by night 3, but I tons of energy and never felt hungry. I actuallly almost forgot to drink a shake one night!

It looks like everyone is doing really great!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the advice, I haven't had any problems going (one time in the first week and mag citrate cured that), and at my clinic it is $75. My coach said there are benefits for the liver and kidneys and that it will release any stored toxins that might still be hanging around. Personally, I don't look forward to taking any laxatives and I would guess that it would entail drinking even more water, which isn't easy. So, hopefully I can say no and that will be the end of it.
The ketosis breath is really making me self conscious! I carry cherry and orange tic tacs everywhere. 0/0/0! Some of the flavors aren't, though, so check the tiny print on the label first :)

xchik2012
01-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Hello IPers!!! I've been away from the forum for a while, but I feel I need to come back to get some strength and support. It's been a **** of a week at work last week, and other than breakfast, I couldn't get any of my meals on time :( As a matter of fact....I skipped some of my veggies....and supplements. I have been stressed to the max from Thursday to Monday...all those days my eating times were totally off, not enough water....BUT...at least I can say I didn't cheat or eat anything off program.
Also proud to say I went out for dinner to the Cheesecake Factory, I had an appetizer of mushrooms sautéed in soy sauce. For my main meal Grilled Salmon, with steamed broccoli, and in place of mashed potatoes, I asked for a side of spinach...After being OP for a while I feel I can pretty much eyeball my 8oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies... :)
I've had quite a few NSV in these past 2 weeks. People are constantly noticing that I lost weight, and I had to pull out a box out of the basement with old work uniforms, because my tops and pants were way to baggy!!!! That box, my fiancé was ready to get rid of about 1 year ago, because some of my scrub tops are unique, I begged him not to throw them out, that I would lose weight and get back into them...guess what I fit in all of them :)
Going for my WI today...Unofficially my scale at home says 135...let's see how accurate this is!
Good luck to all WI today, and let's keep going! ::cheer::

abuck
01-11-2012, 10:34 AM
I purged my closet of all my 2x and 3x clothes yesterday. It felt sooooo good! But I was afraid I'd have to go shopping, because I didn't have very many casual shirts in the 1X size. But then I discovered 3 shirts hanging in my closet that I haven't worn in YEARS and I tried them on, and bingo! That's the kind of NSV that makes me sooooo happy. It blows my mind to think that next month I could be in a Large size! Then I really will have to do some shopping. I don't have anything below a 1X!

Yay!!! I can't wait to go shopping in my storage boxes. Good job!

maykatcooper
01-11-2012, 10:48 AM
So here I am again... Made it to goal in 6 mos. Lost 50 pounds and IP Maintenance is so fun! But alas, along came the holidays and sooo many parties and celebrating and fun and FOOD FOOD FOOD. Long and short of it, I gained 15 pounds back and begin today the return to ketosis. I am re-setting my goal to 10 lower than my original. I turned 60 in December and am so pleased that even us oldies can lose and then maintain. Smile. Happy Wednesday to all.:)

idealpromom
01-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Morning again !

Had #12 WI and lost 4.0 - total of 34,,,, next week I will join the onehundred club !

doublebaby
01-11-2012, 11:02 AM
OMGosh-another learning curve! Could it be a a a a Truffle Muffin?
Just found out I am going on a 16 hour drive tomorrow and staying out of state for 4 days then 16 hour drive back. I usually weigh in on saturday so I will not only miss my weigh in but also getting my packets (she is an hour the opposite way:(). So this morning I was looking at what I had to maximize and plan everything out and to use today what I normally wouldn't to make my trip easier and picked the chocolate pancake mix (I had two of them actually from the beginning). So I am looking at it and because the instructions are always so close to the bottom I never noticed the muffin recipe on it before (the thought of a choc pancake doesn't do anything for me but a muffin-ok. Funny how the shape of something can change and make it OK). Those instructions curl around the bottom-couldn't see them.
Anyway, I make it with not quite 2oz of water, wipe the tins-two of them with Pam and put it in the oven at 350 for 7 min since it was two and not one. Standing there waiting looking around my kitchen and there were two packets there one opened that I used one that I should have put back that I was thinking of using. Well you all know what happened!!
My muffins turned out to be chocolate drink mix! When I was making them I was thinking "man, this looks just like brownie frosting, why bake them?" I just let them go...
I opened the oven after 7 minutes and you know they didn't look bad, they raised a bit and were uniform. I stuck a toothpick in and I thought "mmm TRUFFLES!" I put them back in for 2 more minutes then took them out. I ate one already while typing this. Not bad. Had I known I would have added a little sweetner and taken them out at 7 minutes to keep that truffle thing going on LOL. It's still there but not as much.
Well, back to my trip. I am going to take the CHOCOLATE PANCAKE packets and make muffins and have those ready as one of my packets that I can use up tomorrow or friday to have those out of my way.
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend coming up.
Reg

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
OMGosh-another learning curve! Could it be a a a a Truffle Muffin?

I will try that tonight! Just bought a whole box of chocolate drink for evening non-restricted snack. I was going to just do cocoa, but truffles sound great! Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone else get heartburn from the omega-3 and anti-oxy when taken together? It's like my throat and chest are on fire!

DanafromAustin
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I was just going to ask if anyone noticed that about 3-4 days after they went into ketosis they had horrid breath. Dang I am so self conscious. Just been chewing a couple of pieces of sugar free gum a day but hopefully it passes.

WI #1= -8.6 lbs and start of TOM. I think I have never felt better. I worked 4 12-hr nights in a row this weekend and normally I am dragging by night 3, but I tons of energy and never felt hungry. I actuallly almost forgot to drink a shake one night!

For me the horrid breath and waking up earlier are always my first clue that I'm in ketosis. Thankfully the breath issue does get better.

Thanks for the advice, I haven't had any problems going (one time in the first week and mag citrate cured that), and at my clinic it is $75. My coach said there are benefits for the liver and kidneys and that it will release any stored toxins that might still be hanging around. Personally, I don't look forward to taking any laxatives and I would guess that it would entail drinking even more water, which isn't easy. So, hopefully I can say no and that will be the end of it.

You don't need to spend 75.00 for that. My gastroenterologist said the body naturally takes care of itself. And if not there are some much cheaper natural ways to keep your liver and kidney healthy.

Danni1
01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=
All I can think of is how ready I am to be less than 200 pounds. I've never been under that weight; well under 206 (even with running 45 minutes straight every day and eating right). I just wonder if I'm cut out to get to that point. =/[/QUOTE]

I can totally relate to this. My husband could never understand why I didn't lose weight when I ate healthy (lots of veggies) and exercised. I am hoping this program resets my system. My goal is to lose my weight and then maintain it through proper diet and exercise.

leesa88210
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Good Morning, I will have a WI tonight after work. According to my home scale I am down approx 6 lbs this week (1st wee back from a 2 week break for the holidays).. Feeling great already though!

I ordered some miracle noodles from amazon.com.. got 6 packages for 15.00 which is much cheaper then what my IP Coach is selling them for. Excited to try them out in some beef/broccoli stir fry tonight!

Have a great wednesday~~

Linden
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I will try that tonight! Just bought a whole box of chocolate drink for evening non-restricted snack. I was going to just do cocoa, but truffles sound great! Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone else get heartburn from the omega-3 and anti-oxy when taken together? It's like my throat and chest are on fire!

Try this: Don't take them together; don't take them unless you've eaten; trade out the fish oil for krill oil.

patns
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM

Wow!!! You look amazing! This is exciting for me because you are a bit taller than me and our beginning weights were almost the same. If your stats are up to date you are at my goal weight now. Your pictures really show what a difference extra weight makes on a smaller frame even if we don't have the bigger amounts of weight t to lose.

Linden
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM

You look SUPER!

patns
01-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello IPers!!! I've been away from the forum for a while, but I feel I need to come back to get some strength and support. It's been a **** of a week at work last week, and other than breakfast, I couldn't get any of my meals on time :( As a matter of fact....I skipped some of my veggies....and supplements. I have been stressed to the max from Thursday to Monday...all those days my eating times were totally off, not enough water....BUT...at least I can say I didn't cheat or eat anything off program.
Also proud to say I went out for dinner to the Cheesecake Factory, I had an appetizer of mushrooms sautéed in soy sauce. For my main meal Grilled Salmon, with steamed broccoli, and in place of mashed potatoes, I asked for a side of spinach...After being OP for a while I feel I can pretty much eyeball my 8oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies... :)
I've had quite a few NSV in these past 2 weeks. People are constantly noticing that I lost weight, and I had to pull out a box out of the basement with old work uniforms, because my tops and pants were way to baggy!!!! That box, my fiancé was ready to get rid of about 1 year ago, because some of my scrub tops are unique, I begged him not to throw them out, that I would lose weight and get back into them...guess what I fit in all of them :)
Going for my WI today...Unofficially my scale at home says 135...let's see how accurate this is!

Wow another one with the same stats as me! Doesn't it feel great to have the amount of weight off we did so far? It makes a huge difference when you are short.

Pat

stmpspaz
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Hello everyone - today is my first day on IP. Had the chocolate drink for breakfast - I liked it, but think next time I will blend with ice for a smoothy. I am a little concerned because the IP person I am going to is brand new, and isn't really outgoing - so I really feel like I don't have all the information.

As I think about lunch today: I *hate* cooked vegetables, but love salads so I think I will be good in the veggie department, but what do I put *on* the salad? I know I could much celery, etc - but if I eat as a salad, I'm going to want something on it!

Looking forward to getting a jump start on my year - and see that 1 in the first number on the scale!

Patti

New Englander
01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Down a flippin' 4.4 pounds this week!!! WOO HOO!!! :) Total lost now is at 35!!! I think I'm at or over my 1/2 way point!!! Too bad I can't celebrate with a wine and a large cheese pizza ;) ;)!!! :)

DezD
01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Wow!!! You look amazing! This is exciting for me because you are a bit taller than me and our beginning weights were almost the same. If your stats are up to date you are at my goal weight now. Your pictures really show what a difference extra weight makes on a smaller frame even if we don't have the bigger amounts of weight t to lose.

It surprises me to see just how big I looked at my starting weight. I guess when you only gain 4-5lbs a year it really creeps up on you. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had to keep buying larger and larger sizes it could have gone unnoticed. I am now smaller than I was at this weight 6 years ago and may adjust my goal weight to be 125 instead of 115. :smug:

leganegan
01-11-2012, 12:21 PM

:cp::woohoo::broc: You look super!!!

I have never been so excited to have bad breath. :)

As I think about lunch today: I *hate* cooked vegetables, but love salads so I think I will be good in the veggie department, but what do I put *on* the salad? I know I could much celery, etc - but if I eat as a salad, I'm going to want something on it!
Patti

Mix lettuce with a cup of raw spinach and throw in raw red onion, or scallions, cucumber, celery, tomato ocassionally, zuchinni, broccoili.
my new obesession is the big bag of mini sweet peppers (red,orange and yellow) I slice them up and throw them in salad. a litte sweet flavor that goes a long way.

newmom7611
01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I slept in a bit this morning, which felt good. so I hopped on the scale this morning (even though my official weigh in isn't until tomorrow) and I'm finally in the 150s!!! I can't believe it.. I haven't seen the 150s in 5 years. I hope the scale tomorrow reflects the same thing. I wasn't expecting any loss because of TOM... But I would be happy with a pound!! Also my size 12 pants are getting baggy and my large shirts are going to have to be night shirts, and I may invest in some mediums. I can't believe it!! Awesome job to everyone on the SVs and NSVs :carrot:

Danni1
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Yay!!! I can't wait to go shopping in my storage boxes. Good job!

I was just about to take all my stuff to Goodwill before I decided to do this program! So happy I didn't. I'm looking forward to fitting into some of my tops that I haven't worn in years!

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 12:48 PM

I had my WI yesterday morning and I lost 9lbs!!! :D It feels wonderful to be back on again and feel good about myself. It is a bit challenging when I go to school...but I just bring my dill pickle IP chips and it fixes the problem :D

Congrats to other members who have lost weight..for new members stick in there it is TOTALLY worth it..YOU ARE WORTH IT :)

Awesome job, I am so glad you stuck with it.....all those headaches and feeling yuky was all worth it right?....lol

You have the right attitude, stick with it, it will come off!!

Welcome back, good to see you around again, you are looking fabulous!!!

No need to apologize that is what the forum is for, just a little tough love is called for sometimes :)

Awesome WI....you are headed in the right direction that is for sure!

So here I am again... Made it to goal in 6 mos. Lost 50 pounds and IP Maintenance is so fun! But alas, along came the holidays and sooo many parties and celebrating and fun and FOOD FOOD FOOD. Long and short of it, I gained 15 pounds back and begin today the return to ketosis. I am re-setting my goal to 10 lower than my original. I turned 60 in December and am so pleased that even us oldies can lose and then maintain. Smile. Happy Wednesday to all.:)

WELCOME BACK!!!....we have missed you around here....I am so glad you made it to goal!!!....I am excited for you!!!

Hello everyone - today is my first day on IP. Had the chocolate drink for breakfast - I liked it, but think next time I will blend with ice for a smoothy. I am a little concerned because the IP person I am going to is brand new, and isn't really outgoing - so I really feel like I don't have all the information.

Looking forward to getting a jump start on my year - and see that 1 in the first number on the scale!

Patti

The clinic I go to doesn't have much knowledge as well BUT you know what??...YOU can be that wealth of information by reading, reading and reading some more here!!....I am the go to person now and I am always sharing new things with the people at my clinic. It is a learning process for everyone, take a stand and be the one with the most success!! Help them learn what and how the program works by being the walkin, living proof!!!!

Down a flippin' 4.4 pounds this week!!! WOO HOO!!! :) Total lost now is at 35!!! I think I'm at or over my 1/2 way point!!! Too bad I can't celebrate with a wine and a large cheese pizza ;) ;)!!! :)

WOOHOO!!!!....YOU GO GIRL!!!!

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
I am happy to report that I, myself loss 4.2lbs this week and BYE BYE 270's!!!!!!.....119lbs lighter in 36 weeks....YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NavyMommy
01-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Way to GO Wuv and New Englander!!!!

Realized a few minutes ago I was working WAY to hard this morning and am behind on my water. Started to feel lightheaded too so I sat down with my lunch (including TONS of salt :) ) to recharge and catch up. It's amazing how much more in tune with your body you get. The good news is my daughter's room has been completely cleaned out and decluttered. She is a collector so there was so much stuff in there that did not belong there.

New Englander
01-11-2012, 01:11 PM
I am happy to report that I, myself loss 4.2lbs this week and BYE BYE 270's!!!!!!.....119lbs lighter in 36 weeks....YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danni1
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM

Congratulations Wuv!!! You are such an inspiration!

mamacitaof2
01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Congratulations to everyone with SVs and NSVs! Seeing everyone's progress is so motivational!

For those struggling with their first few days, hang in there! It gets better. If you have a question...just ask. There's so much support on this site, you are never alone!

DanafromAustin
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
It surprises me to see just how big I looked at my starting weight. I guess when you only gain 4-5lbs a year it really creeps up on you. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had to keep buying larger and larger sizes it could have gone unnoticed. I am now smaller than I was at this weight 6 years ago and may adjust my goal weight to be 125 instead of 115. :smug:

I'm 5'2 so it's nice to see what someone just a bit shorter than me looks like in the 120's. My goal at 130, but I do know my ideal weight is 122. I guess I will know when I get to 130 (hopefully by late summer sometime) what's right for me.

Congratulations to all who had scale victories today. Great job!

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Congratulations to everyone with SVs and NSVs! Seeing everyone's progress is so motivational!

For those struggling with their first few days, hang in there! It gets better. If you have a question...just ask. There's so much support on this site, you are never alone!

You are so right about this...YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!!!....we are ALWAYS here to help out. Someone is always around reading!!!....Might get a little tough love while you are at it...right Linda?....hahaha

MaMaZu
01-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Day 5, definitely in Ketosis, but am incredibly weak today. Lightheaded, any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Day 5, definitely in Ketosis, but am incredibly weak today. Lightheaded, any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Add some salt to your day, lick some, put some in your water...your BP might be low or your electrolytes. When I get that way I lick my salt!!! hope you feel better!

4kiddos
01-11-2012, 01:31 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html

Happy Wednesday to everyone! Feeling good today. I have added a link to Finn's recipes, if you haven't checked it out, go for it! I made the waffles with chocolate pudding today and WF syrup. No, they aren't IHOP but they were a nice change from the pudding and hit the spot! Congrats to all the NSV and WI numbers today! Keep up the good work!

CutieEli
01-11-2012, 01:33 PM

WOUHOUUUUUUUU That is fantastic!!! :cheer2: :woohoo:

kdspirited
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi Xchick

Looks like you and I are the same proportion. I started out at 147 and my goal weight is 110. I had lost 20lbs prior to taking a little break and ended up gaining some of it back during the holidays and vacations.

But I have been back since last week and today I am happy to report I have already dropped 5.6 lbs of the 10Lbs I had gained. This time I am going all the way and hope that by Feb end I would be able to transition into phase 2

:carrot:

CutieEli
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Hmmm I was just thinking about something...
Last night I went to a free Zumba class to try and out with my Sister in Law and my Mother in Law and we had a BLAST so we will be signing up for one class a week...

Since I am now in my 2nd week of IP, and the classes will start next week at week 3 of IP...is it okay if I do Zumba classes???

I am not sure what the protocol says about exercising...My coach has told me it was okay for cardio but not weight lifting and I was reading some posts here that said no exercise.

What do you all think? Is it okay if I sign up? It's SOOO much fun :) :)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Other than the fact that my intestines are not liking me right now, I feel fine. I was going to take a nap because of how little I slept last night, but then I got to cleaning. SO MUCH LAUNDRY. And so many art supplies that I have no clue what to do with D;

whirlygirl72
01-11-2012, 01:47 PM
did i mention how much i love this daily thread? I never thought i would be one of those people that was actually satisifed with a monitored program, i thought people who said "in a few days your cravings will be gone and you wont be hungry" were full of poop. But now, 9 days into program and 8lbs down i can say the same!!
Thank you ! thank you! thank you! I look forward to meeting my goal!

thanks for the inspiration all of you!! and if you having a bad day, chin up it REALLY REALLY does get better!

New Englander
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
did i mention how much i love this daily thread? I never thought i would be one of those people that was actually satisifed with a monitored program, i thought people who said "in a few days your cravings will be gone and you wont be hungry" were full of poop. But now, 9 days into program and 8lbs down i can say the same!!
Thank you ! thank you! thank you! I look forward to meeting my goal!

thanks for the inspiration all of you!! and if you having a bad day, chin up it REALLY REALLY does get better!
So glad to hear that! I began 11/11/11 and it's really a great diet AND this site helps 110%!!! Keep up the great work!!! WOO HOO TO all of us!!!!!!!!! :)

Danni1
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Last night I went to a free Zumba class to try and out with my Sister in Law and my Mother in Law and we had a BLAST so we will be signing up for one class a week...

Since I am now in my 2nd week of IP, and the classes will start next week at week 3 of IP...is it okay if I do Zumba classes???

I am not sure what the protocol says about exercising...My coach has told me it was okay for cardio but not weight lifting and I was reading some posts here that said no exercise.

I would just check with your coach first. Mine said no exercise in the first 2 weeks but that we could look into increasing my exercise after that. My coach does have lots of clients that do the Zumba, you just want to make sure it doesn't adversly affect you.

Lorilou
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Hello IPeeps! I'm late checking in. I've had a very busy work day so far but am taking a break to check in and see how everyone is doing. I had a rough day yesterday with hunger but I am doing better with that today. Today I am tired but hyper. Very strange feeling. It feels like I have been up all night and downed a Red Bull. I am sleeping fine (minus the getting up to pee thing) so it;s propobly still card withdrawl or something (on day 11). Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic day. Stay strong and OP! :hug:

Pamelama
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
5th WI..... Down another 3 POUNDS!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Total of 19.8! Booyahh!! :D

Next week will be below 20lbs for sure!

MaMaZu
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Add some salt to your day, lick some, put some in your water...your BP might be low or your electrolytes. When I get that way I lick my salt!!! hope you feel better!

Thanks, I'll give the salt a try!

Lorilou
01-11-2012, 02:08 PM

Congrast on your lose :carrot: I feels great doesn't it!

Lorilou
01-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Morning again !

Had #12 WI and lost 4.0 - total of 34,,,, next week I will join the onehundred club !

Congratulations :carrot: Thant's fantastic! Keep up the good work :)

CutieEli
01-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I would just check with your coach first. Mine said no exercise in the first 2 weeks but that we could look into increasing my exercise after that. My coach does have lots of clients that do the Zumba, you just want to make sure it doesn't adversly affect you.

Thanks for the advice! I will be starting week 3 when I start my classes...I don't think a bit of dancing will affect my weight loss...I hope not!

That is awesome!!! Great job :) :)

CutieEli
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Congrast on your lose :carrot: I feels great doesn't it!

Thank you Lorilou!!! :)
It sure does feel great!! :)

ATeam
01-11-2012, 02:18 PM

This may sound crazy but this is day 2 and I can tell that I'm already feeling it, by that I mean that my pants are less tight and digestion is already better. No headaches, no hunger, so all is good :)

BTW I have a question about the all you can eat lettuce, would that be all kinds, like Iceberg, Red Leaf, Romaine ect... or just the Iceberg.

Lorilou
01-11-2012, 02:22 PM

:carrot::carrot: Way to go!

Lorilou
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM

WooHoo :cheer2: Way to go!

Lorilou
01-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Everyone keeps talking about having bad breath. I don;t have bad breath. Does that mean i'm not in ketosis? It's day 11 for me.

New Englander
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
This may sound crazy but this is day 2 and I can tell that I'm already feeling it, by that I mean that my pants are less tight and digestion is already better. No headaches, no hunger, so all is good :)

BTW I have a question about the all you can eat lettuce, would that be all kinds, like Iceberg, Red Leaf, Romaine ect... or just the Iceberg.
The lettuce that's all you can eat are iceberg and and romaine.

Traceym
01-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi! Well, I am starting day three & so far so good! Other than some hunger pangs I seem to be free of any side effect, thank goodness! Although I do wonder if I am In Ketosis yet, I don't seem to have gotten the bad breath that I keep hearing about. I hope you all have a successful day OP!

kiki4me
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by kiki4me

I've also got prescription cough syrup....hope the sugar doesn't throw me off...Am I getting too obsessive worrying about the cough syrup?

There are a multitude of sugar free and alcohol free cough syrups out there. Ask your pharmacist if what you were prescribed is available in a sugar/alcohol free formulation, if not, ask her (or him) to call your doc with some recommendations and have it changed. It's too easy to fix for you to worry about. Hope that helps and you feel better.

Truly then, will the cough syrup throw me off? I got it and have taken it these last 3 days... It's 2 teaspoons... What will it do?

(I get weighed in today too....)

happy2bme1
01-11-2012, 02:59 PM

you look awesome. :carrot:

I have been on IP for 7 weeks and I feel fabulous. you guys make up the best group out there and each of you keep me motivated. I look forward to reading all of the comments each day and I'm happy to be on the journey with all of you.

Wuv, thanks so much for taking the time to start this thread each day, you don't know how much we look forward to it. you are wonderful and so inspirational.

4kiddos
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Personally I stick with strictly romaine. Iceberg has absolutely no benefits to you whatsoever but the romaine has nutrients and vitamins that are key to your overall health. Iceberg is basically water. Just my two cents.

Ishbel
01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Everyone keeps talking about having bad breath. I don;t have bad breath. Does that mean i'm not in ketosis? It's day 11 for me.

Some people have bad breath in ketosis, some people don't. I don't...at least my VIP and my BFF said I don't. :) There are many signs of ketosis, if you're following the program, you're in it. Don't worry to much about it....follow the program the weight will come off.

For those of you who are weighing in daily....I did that and it was a vicious cycle of "HOW COME IT'S NOT MORE". So if you are in that cycle, please think about putting your scale away as the stress of that cycle can help you keep the weight on!! I've had my scale put away within the first 6-8 weeks of the program, my VIP took it to his house and hid it away (for a while it was in his trunk lol). It's liberating and so much less stressful.

Remember "it doesn't matter what the scale says, it isn't going to change what I do tomorrow". Your weight didn't happen over night, it will not be gone over night...I won't meet my goal this week or even next week so no matter what the scale says, I'll still be plugging away! :)

Trinique125
01-11-2012, 03:22 PM

I've never had bad breath on this diet, but I also drink 12 cups of water a day. I think that might be the reason? not sure, but I'm happy without the bad breath:)

Momto2cs
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM

If you like it, do it! I exercise every day!

SewingMomma
01-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Congratulations to all of you who had great WIs today and who hoo on the NSVs!

hmt1372
01-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Good afternoon all you fellow IP'ers. So I'm having an interesting relationship with the scale and while I'm not entirely frustrated about it, I am a bit confounded and wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing. My first WI I lost 10.8 lbs - I was thrilled. Second WI GAINED 10 lbs, uh, not so thrilled, but lost 4 inches off my waist. Oh, it was my TOM, btw. Third WI lost 18 lbs (talk about a woosh), no inches lost, and now that brings us to WI #4 last night....up 5 lbs, BUT down in inches everywhere,. What is up with that?!? I've been following the plan exactly as I should, but my coach made a few diet adjustment suggestions, like don't eat pork (which I only ate once) and she said that I absolutely could not have yellow squash, but I know that a lot of you on here have been told that it is ok. She also suggested having my thyroid checked out. Who knows what is going on with my body, but at this point I'm just happy to have lost somewhere between 13-18.8 lbs and over 25 inches in less than a month. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 03:38 PM
you look awesome. :carrot:

I have been on IP for 7 weeks and I feel fabulous. you guys make up the best group out there and each of you keep me motivated. I look forward to reading all of the comments each day and I'm happy to be on the journey with all of you.

Wuv, thanks so much for taking the time to start this thread each day, you don't know how much we look forward to it. you are wonderful and so inspirational.

You are quiet welcome, I like to have somewhere where everyone can feel at home. I start it after Midnight every night before I go to bed to make sure there is somewhere everyone can post when they get up. I know its not "tomorrow" for everyone when I start it, that is why I leave the day before open until I get up in the morning.

newmom7611
01-11-2012, 03:44 PM
There was a cucumber salad recipe on here somewhere the other day-- I can't seem to find it, but wanted to try it out for dinner. Anyone remember the one I'm talking about?

4kiddos
01-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Good afternoon all you fellow IP'ers. So I'm having an interesting relationship with the scale and while I'm not entirely frustrated about it, I am a bit confounded and wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing. My first WI I lost 10.8 lbs - I was thrilled. Second WI GAINED 10 lbs, uh, not so thrilled, but lost 4 inches off my waist. Oh, it was my TOM, btw. Third WI lost 18 lbs (talk about a woosh), no inches lost, and now that brings us to WI #4 last night....up 5 lbs, BUT down in inches everywhere,. What is up with that?!? I've been following the plan exactly as I should, but my coach made a few diet adjustment suggestions, like don't eat pork (which I only ate once) and she said that I absolutely could not have yellow squash, but I know that a lot of you on here have been told that it is ok. She also suggested having my thyroid checked out. Who knows what is going on with my body, but at this point I'm just happy to have lost somewhere between 13-18.8 lbs and over 25 inches in less than a month. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

I would say rejoice in the fact that you have ridded your body of 13-18.8 lbs and 25 inches IN ONE MONTH!!! By the way 18 lbs would be 72 sticks of butter that you are no longer carrying around on your body! How is that for a visual (someone posted that on yesterdays daily caht ~ don't remember who know but it was good advice) It is easy to focus on each WI but the overall result is the true test. How do your clothes fit? Do you feel better mentally and physically? My skin looks better, my hair looks better and I feel good about myself! This is how I know I am doing it right. Make sure you get your water in everyday, eat your salads (lunch and dinner), take your supplements, make sure to get your packets in everyday, weigh your meat and veggies raw. Your coach should have given you a list of the acceptable protein that was allowed and the allowed veggies. Eat your restricted in the AM or at lunch and have a lower carb packet in the evening like pudding or jello (not everyday on the jello in Phase 1). Overall sounds like you are doing it right if you are losing everywhere! This diet also does weird things to hormones so it may be fluctuating in that department too. :hug:

4kiddos
01-11-2012, 03:50 PM
There was a cucumber salad recipe on here somewhere the other day-- I can't seem to find it, but wanted to try it out for dinner. Anyone remember the one I'm talking about?

It was the weekend chat or Monday daily chat. It was between MrsMurphy and Navymom I believe.

wuv2bloved

this one......

Spiced Cucumbers
1 large cucumber
1 packet of artifical sweetener
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of pepper
Seasoning of your choice to taste
Cut cucumbers into slices. Combine artificial sweetener, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and seasonings. Place cucumbers into the marinade and enjoy.

leganegan

Absolutely! dance away. just watch at weigh ins, if you start to stall or gain, you might just need an extra packet. :) My IP clinic actually has a zumba class a couple nights a week.

mrsmurphy
01-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Navymom had a recipe... i tweaked it a little bit. She adds mustard, I didn't add mustard. But it is super good. I have it written down at home, or else i'd post it!

Gardengurl71
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Hello all--I hope everyone is having a great day today. I had WI#2 yesterday and was officially down 5.2 lbs....with a total of 9.8 for two weeks. I am pretty impressed with myself ;) It's starting to show...to me and to others...makes it easy to be strong when you are dieting in a fish bowl. I am a teacher and there was a big spread for lunch today in the teacher's lounge....didn't even cross my radar to touch it, nor did I miss it! I am SO focused on MY food and what I need that everyone else's food doesn't interest me. I must say this is a first for me (since being on IP). I really feel the ketosis kicking in...appetite is much less this week. Yay!!!!:carrot:

Have a great day and thanks for being my inspiration fellow Ipeeps!

NavyMommy
01-11-2012, 04:18 PM

That might have been the one I posted. Unfortunately I don't have an actual recipe yet, I have to wait until I make another batch next week and measure everything. Here's what's in it: Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Mustard, Splenda, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Salt and Pepper. I just taste and adjust amounts until it's good. I slice cucumbers and red onions and marinade them in it, it's delicious. I will tell you though don't make up a big batch and let it sit in the marinade all week. I tried that this week and by yesterday the cucumbers were so vinegary I couldn't stomach it. I drained off the marinade and have been mixing it with the fresh cucumbers in smaller batches.

mrsmurphy - Glad you liked it!! The only reason I added the mustard is because it's an emulsifier and helps to hold it together. I actually really don't like mustard at all. If you find it's separating to easily into the oil and vinegar layers you might try a bit of mustard, there are so many other strong flavors you won't taste it.

sandralosingweight
01-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Hello everybody,

Just wanted to say hi. I am not able to keep up with the forum nowadays! Everytime I open it, the daily chat is on its 6th page already! So, I cannot read everything but hope you are all doing well.

Magicpinecone
01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
I slept in a bit this morning, which felt good. so I hopped on the scale this morning (even though my official weigh in isn't until tomorrow) and I'm finally in the 150s!!! I can't believe it.. I haven't seen the 150s in 5 years. I hope the scale tomorrow reflects the same thing. I wasn't expecting any loss because of TOM... But I would be happy with a pound!! Also my size 12 pants are getting baggy and my large shirts are going to have to be night shirts, and I may invest in some mediums. I can't believe it!! Awesome job to everyone on the SVs and NSVs :carrot:

I'm right there with you. My home scale said 158 this morning. I haven't seen the 150's in at least 4 to 5 years. My size 12's are super baggy and I can't stand the way my size xl and l tee's fit. I'm so excited at the thought of buying a few things in a smaller size. I purged my closet last year accepting that I would never loose the weight I gained after I had a partial hysterectomy. I'm just so afraid of getting stuck in the 150's.

Chuckles1330
01-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone. New to the forum and new to IP, which I plan to start toward the end of the week so that I get through "the cranks" over the long weekend. Signed up and got supps and packets after work yesterday. Am a little nervous about starting - as many diets as I've been on over the past 37 years, I've never been on one that required packaged food. However, SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GIVE, and I know that a low carb, high protein routine has worked for me in the past. IP is a financial stretch for me, but the clinic I've signed up with does not charge for coaching, only for food and supplements. From the looks of things I'm in the right place for support. :wave: Looking forward to seeing great results.

omgzitsmiranda
01-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Can you start to have *some* of the symptoms before you go into ketosis? I'm kind of feeling the whole bad breath thing and it's driving me crazy. I don't feel as "blah" either, but I'm not all LET'S CLEAN THE HOUSE & EVERY SINGLE THING IN IT TOOOOOOO weeee! Not quite like that lol.

Can you even go into ketosis after 3 days?

lkp888
01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Morning again !

Congratulations!!! :carrot:

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm sure I'm not in ketosis and I feel like I want to clean everything in the house x.x My room is a mess because of how I'm tearing apart everything and organizing xD

I started chewing on a piece of gum as I started cleaning and I didn't even notice it until about an hour later. I really hope something as little as gum doesn't mess this up for me D;

lkp888
01-11-2012, 05:06 PM

That's wonderful news Wuv!!!! Congrats! It's such a great feeling everytime we reach that next milestone, isn't it? Have a great week!! :hug:

NavyMommy
01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm sure I'm not in ketosis and I feel like I want to clean everything in the house x.x My room is a mess because of how I'm tearing apart everything and organizing xD

I started chewing on a piece of gum as I started cleaning and I didn't even notice it until about an hour later. I really hope something as little as gum doesn't mess this up for me D;

A moderate amount of gum is okay. I chew 1 every night when I'm at home cooking dinner. It keeps me from just accidentally mindlessly tasting things that I'm cooking. I posted something about gum that IP actually had on their FB page a couple of days ago and basically it said that a little bit of sugar free gum is okay, but since most have just under 1g of sugar (and with any amount less than 1 you can put 0g on the package) if you chew 10 pieces you could be getting 10 grams of sugar without even realizing it.

Sorry, that's a longwinded way to say you're fine.

newmom7611
01-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Thank you all so much for the info on the cucumber salad.

Magicpinecone-- hi! We started the same day!! And our stats are almost identical. I think it was your post that I read about you coming off BP meds recently?! I go to my doc in two weeks to hopefully come off mine. I was put on them 6 months ago right after having my baby. Everytime I stand up- I have to give myself a minute cuz I get so dizzy an lightheaded. He already cut my dose in half, but I'm thinking I don't need it at all,, yayyy and congrats on all of your successes :)

lindac36
01-11-2012, 05:29 PM

congratulations to you and to all weigh in losers!

lindac36
01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
You are so right about this...YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!!!....we are ALWAYS here to help out. Someone is always around reading!!!....Might get a little tough love while you are at it...right Linda?....hahaha

Yup, but, I needed it! I'm glad you were around, sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees. Thank you for refocusing my goggles!

Jodysbeach
01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I had my WI today down 3lbs. I Am so glad to be back OP since the holidays. I am down 51 lbs and have about 30 more to go. For the first time I can really see myself at goal. :) :)

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Yup, but, I needed it! I'm glad you were around, sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees. Thank you for refocusing my goggles!

LOL....I am glad you didn't mind it, My mom tells me all the time, Lisa don't be so honest some times....lol....I tell her well mom, If the truth can't be told why lie about it? Its the truth that will set you free.....right?

Jodysbeach
01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
congratulations to you and to all weigh in losers!

CONGRATS!!!:carrot:

omgzitsmiranda
01-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Can someone give me an idea or just ballpark estimate of how much i can lose by may 24th?

Louisiana chick
01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Woosh Fairy has visited Lafayette. I lost 3.6 pounds and I only have .6 pounds left to lose to get to goal. Never thought this would happen. If you are just getting on the plan, I can honestly say this diet is very strict but one of the easiest diets I have ever been on. With other diets, I had not seen the results that I have seen on Ideal Protein. It does work, but you can't cheat.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Do you guys really think it would hurt me if I didn't eat romaine lettuce? I just am nooot enjoying the taste of it. Another con is that it doesn't stay good a whole week and I can only go shopping at the beginning of the week or when my mom goes. I saw someone say it was more to keep you regular; is there some sort of . . . . romaine substitute I can do? Or just cut it out altogether?

omgzitsmiranda
01-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Do you guys really think it would hurt me if I didn't eat romaine lettuce? I just am nooot enjoying the taste of it. Another con is that it doesn't stay good a whole week and I can only go shopping at the beginning of the week or when my mom goes. I saw someone say it was more to keep you regular; is there some sort of . . . . romaine substitute I can do? Or just cut it out altogether?

Ive read its mainly to be regular but i haventbeen eating it either lol

Trinique125
01-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Woosh Fairy has visited Lafayette. I lost 3.6 pounds and I only have .6 pounds left to lose to get to goal. Never thought this would happen. If you are just getting on the plan, I can honestly say this diet is very strict but one of the easiest diets I have ever been on. With other diets, I had not seen the results that I have seen on Ideal Protein. It does work, but you can't cheat.

amazing accomplishment, very happy for you:carrot:

lindac36
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Just had the pink lemonade--not great with my tastebuds

pandamoose
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Hello everybody! Congrats to everyone that lost weight!!! On day 9 and doing great! I am being trained on a dessert line that we carry tomorrow! Complet with lots of desserts to sample!! lol but my bosses know I'm on this diet and they are very supportive, so I am not worried! My shoes are getting loose and my clothes are fitting better! I do not like the soups but am loving the drinks!

Momto2cs
01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't know how anyone can go without the salads...I look forward to mine at lunch every day! I think those few carbs from the veggies keep me sane!

I susally have romaine with cucumbers and a lemon/live oil dressing. Yum!

rissimo
01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Can someone give me an idea or just ballpark estimate of how much i can lose by may 24th?

Just figure a safe figure, say 2 pds a week for that many weeks and you should have your figure, which would be about 38 pds. But we really cant say how much you will lose by then because everyone's weight loss is different.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-11-2012, 07:15 PM
The salads are hard for me because I couldn't afford to get something to dress it with and I'm really trying to make what I bought last me through the week. >.< It's already starting to go bad so I just can't see me having much of it until I can afford some tasty dressing!

omgzitsmiranda
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
The salads are hard for me because I couldn't afford to get something to dress it with and I'm really trying to make what I bought last me through the week. >.< It's already starting to go bad so I just can't see me having much of it until I can afford some tasty dressing!

This is exactly why I haven't eaten any of it :/ meh. I need italian or something, but i haven't ordered walden farms yet.

I saw someone said that we could use the "make your own" good seasonings [i think it's called?] from the store? can someone verify?

frazzledmom04
01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I am really missing my coffee so I was wondering if we have decaf do we have to drink another glass of water to compensate?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Actually, I think if you have decaf that counts as water. That's what I drink in the morning. I think you can have regular coffee, too, but don't quote me on that xP

mrsmurphy
01-11-2012, 07:50 PM
That might have been the one I posted. Unfortunately I don't have an actual recipe yet, I have to wait until I make another batch next week and measure everything. Here's what's in it: Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Mustard, Splenda, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Salt and Pepper. I just taste and adjust amounts until it's good. I slice cucumbers and red onions and marinade them in it, it's delicious. I will tell you though don't make up a big batch and let it sit in the marinade all week. I tried that this week and by yesterday the cucumbers were so vinegary I couldn't stomach it. I drained off the marinade and have been mixing it with the fresh cucumbers in smaller batches.

mrsmurphy - Glad you liked it!! The only reason I added the mustard is because it's an emulsifier and helps to hold it together. I actually really don't like mustard at all. If you find it's separating to easily into the oil and vinegar layers you might try a bit of mustard, there are so many other strong flavors you won't taste it.

I made a big batch as well and realized it wasn't a good idea AT ALL. lol... so instead I cut up more veggies and just put them in the fridge, I made up the dressing separately and I add it when I go to eat the salad. It's a lot better like that! The cucumbers get soggy and the oil starts to curdle if left in the fridge. It was terrible... however, i learned now and i'm ready to do it again for next week a little bit differently.

mrsmurphy
01-11-2012, 07:52 PM
This is exactly why I haven't eaten any of it :/ meh. I need italian or something, but i haven't ordered walden farms yet.

I saw someone said that we could use the "make your own" good seasonings [i think it's called?] from the store? can someone verify?

I just realized that Wegman's sells Walden Farms. I am not sure where you from but here we have a Wegman's that sells "high-end" type of products that aren't sold in a regular grocery store. Also, I kinda made my own "italian" dressing. I just used the oil, vinegar, garlic powder and italian seasoning. It is actually really good!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Backdrop & Miranda,

Look this up on amazon--it's about $10: Progressive International LKS-06 Lettuce Keeper. That should help. Or, keep it in a bag with a paper towel in it and make sure it's in the crisper. As for dressing, you have olive oil and a lemon is about 50 cents, apple cider vinegar is about $1, and then you already have salt and pepper. Give it a try as a dressing--there are spices at most grocery stores called Spice Classics that are also $1. Walmart might have them, too. Not trying to push lettuce on you, but you might end up wanting it and knowing how to make a dressing you like will be much more satisfying than WF, in my opinion (I have almost all of them).

mrsmurphy
01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Can we have any nuts of any sort? almonds, walnut, peanut etc. ?? and did i see somewhere that we can have soy sauce??

Thanks in advance :)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-11-2012, 08:06 PM
That lettuce keeper is an excellent idea since I don't have a crisper!

And we also have a WEGMANS :'D I'm going shopping there with my aunt on Saturday. It will be tough passing up the Wegman's buffet setup though xP

I'll also try some homemade salad dressings!

wyo1963
01-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Hello fellow 1st timers! Glad the not so newbys are here to keep us going with knowledge and incouragement! I am a nurse and trying this on my own with out a coach. I have done lots of research on the IP diet and how to do it, but my will power is what sucks! I gained 40 lbs in nursing school a while back and have never got rid of it, mostly due to no exercise. I eat pretty well, but...... along comes fiance' who is tall and narrow and loves desert and anything baked! Alas- I love to bake. No wt came off. So today is day 1 and I a have a small HA. Sea Salt and it's gone. Yea! Going to get on here as often as I can for guidence. Thanks to everyone!

Danni1
01-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Can we have any nuts of any sort? almonds, walnut, peanut etc. ?? and did i see somewhere that we can have soy sauce??

Soy Sauce is a yes, just make sure it doesn't have added sugar. I believe the nuts are a no.

mrsmurphy
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Hello fellow 1st timers! Glad the not so newbys are here to keep us going with knowledge and incouragement! I am a nurse and trying this on my own with out a coach. I have done lots of research on the IP diet and how to do it, but my will power is what sucks! I gained 40 lbs in nursing school a while back and have never got rid of it, mostly due to no exercise. I eat pretty well, but...... along comes fiance' who is tall and narrow and loves desert and anything baked! Alas- I love to bake. No wt came off. So today is day 1 and I a have a small HA. Sea Salt and it's gone. Yea! Going to get on here as often as I can for guidence. Thanks to everyone!

I am doing it without a coach as well. It's not so bad with the help of this site :) I order food from nashuanutrition.com, I used EAS shakes and pure protein bars. As well as, follow the guidance of those from this site :)

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-11-2012, 08:26 PM

Unfortunately, no nuts :( Oh how I miss them--almost as much as cheese!

wyo1963
01-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I am doing it without a coach as well. It's not so bad with the help of this site :) I order food from nashuanutrition.com, I used EAS shakes and pure protein bars. As well as, follow the guidance of those from this site :)

I got that Nashua information from another nurse too. :carrot:. I am looking forward to getting in to the jeans I wore before nusing school, size 9/10. These tight 14':(s make me sad.

mrsmurphy
01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I got that Nashua information from another nurse too. :carrot:. I am looking forward to getting in to the jeans I wore before nusing school, size 9/10. These tight 14':(s make me sad.

I totally skipped any size below a 12... by sixth grade i was out of kids clothes and into womens size 12's. However, my first goal weight is 140, my ultimate goal is to be in a size 8! I would DIE... i would fall over and DIE if i ever made it to an 8... I"m looking forward to get outta the 20's. ugh.

stmpspaz
01-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I am nearing the end of my first day. I was really hungry between 2 and 5pm, I think I should have used my snack then - and not after dinner. I did make the lemon poppy seed chicken from these forums for dinner - it was FANTASTIC! I will use it a lot!

maykatcooper
01-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I am nearing the end of my first day. I was really hungry between 2 and 5pm, I think I should have used my snack then - and not after dinner. I did make the lemon poppy seed chicken from these forums for dinner - it was FANTASTIC! I will use it a lot!

Did your coach tell the wonderful relief that comes from a dill pickle... It can change a crippling temptation into a victory moment!

Paint Lady
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
I am really missing my coffee so I was wondering if we have decaf do we have to drink another glass of water to compensate?

If you drink decaf, you don't have to replace it with water, but it doesn't count towards your water for the day. Actually, full strength coffee has saved my butt on hungry days. I would drink the two cups of water to make up for the coffee, then drink the coffee. Talk about fill you up!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
It's nearing the end of day three and I feel successful overall. I was in a great mood today, but everyone else in the house was a little blah. There I was skipping and humming and I felt like my parents were about to start fighting or something. Can't wait for tomorrow!

I'll be lurking the forums for the rest of the night/into early morning but will mostly be doing laundry xP

DanafromAustin
01-11-2012, 09:29 PM

IP says the average is 3 to 4 pounds per week. I average about 3 pounds per week. I've been on IP for 3 months and 3 weeks and I've lost 52 pounds so far.

That is wonderful - congratulations!

I never eat romaine, not that I don't like it, I just don't eat it on IP and I've done just fine.

Determinedat47
01-11-2012, 09:31 PM

gREAT to see you back! You are soooo positive all the time, I look forward to reading your posts.

Determinedat47
01-11-2012, 09:37 PM
LOL....I am glad you didn't mind it, My mom tells me all the time, Lisa don't be so honest some times....lol....I tell her well mom, If the truth can't be told why lie about it? Its the truth that will set you free.....right?

Lisa, just wondering how in the world you have managed to stay honest all these months. I did so good when I was"on" but am getting sick of chopping veggies, am tired f the hot teas I used to like- am getting pretty sick of the packets too. I bet you are thinking whawhawha!:) any new tricks or tips that you can pass on and honestly, have you burned yourself out on anything yet? So many things I used to love eating/ drinking, I cannot stand anymore!

Paint Lady
01-11-2012, 09:39 PM
I prefer romaine, but it is more expensive. I feel like the romaine hearts last longer than the bagged stuff. I try to mix romaine and iceberg together for our salads at home. The kids don't love romaine, but will tolerate a little bit in their salad.

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Just had the pink lemonade--not great with my tastebuds
Try adding a packet of splenda, makes a world of difference

I saw someone said that we could use the "make your own" good seasonings from the store? can someone verify?
Yes, you can, it comes with a kraft to put your oils in with the seasonings

No nuts are allowed and yes we can have soy sauce just watch the sugar and sodium in them. Get the one with the lowest of course

Welcome to a great group of people. We or someone WILL ALWAYS be here to help you out if you have a question. Never be afraid to ask because someone else might want to ask it but it too afraid to post :)

[I]Today My clinic had the NEW LEMON puffs!!....they are coats like the chocolate and peanut butter ones. They are good but I still like my apple cinnamon, there is MORE in the apple cinnamon puffs than there are in the others. Bigger bags as well :)

kiki4me
01-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I had my weigh in today...done with my 2nd week and 3.8 (and 7.75 inches) gone! Not a huge weight loss like some but I will take it and be slow and steady and get this stinkin' weight off!

So thrilled I'm not gaining weight every week like I was pre-IP! Feeling blessed to not be craving....tempted more out of habit then DRIVE! Thankful!

stmpspaz
01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Did your coach tell the wonderful relief that comes from a dill pickle... It can change a crippling temptation into a victory moment!

No, unfortunately the coach just handed me papers and that was about it. I will try the dill pickle tomorrow! THANKS!

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Lisa, just wondering how in the world you have managed to stay honest all these months. I did so good when I was"on" but am getting sick of chopping veggies, am tired f the hot teas I used to like- am getting pretty sick of the packets too. I bet you are thinking whawhawha!:) any new tricks or tips that you can pass on and honestly, have you burned yourself out on anything yet? So many things I used to love eating/ drinking, I cannot stand anymore!

I guess I just try different things to keep a variety. I usually get the same IP foods and just add the flavorings in it. Vanilla shake or pudding has become a staple for me. I will add Orange Mio, Black cherry, WF Strawberry, WF chocolate or Caramel syrup, Divincy syrups (Khaula, coconut, peppermint, just to name a few). Apple cinnamon is also a staple, I just LOVE those and how many you get in a packet. I have them for breakfast every morning with 2 cups of coffee. I switch out with the chocolate drink or the cappachino every other week. But those are really the only ones I get. I have to buy by the box so I guess I have just gotten used of these and I can experiment with them

As far as veggies go, me and cucumbers have a date EVERY DAY for lunch....lol...sometimes I spear them with sea salt, sprinkle splenda on it, mix olive oil, mrs dash, red pepper flakes, dried onion flakes, rice wine vinegar, I am always finding different ways to eat it so it never tastes the same. Cabbage for me goes a long ways, I roast it, smoother it, stir fry it, put splenda on it with olive oil with mrs dash. If I do the cauliflower, I will make cauliflower rice, mashed tators then add the Land o lakes sprinkles.

Keep changing things up makes a difference. As far as Teas go well I have about 10 different types in the pantry. I am always mixing and playing with those as well. There is nothing that I have tried that I haven't liked yet when I am experimenting.

IP FOODS...I do not like ANY of the soups (not a soup person), don't really care for any of the "chips". Love all of the bars except the chocolate covered chocolate one (too much chocolate). Love the oatmeal, never really tried the pancakes or the crepes and I dont' too much care for the eggs. I like all of the puddings I prefer the dark chocolate over the milk chocolate.

Well I hope this helps a little, sorry its such a long post!

maykatcooper
01-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Try adding a packet of splenda, makes a world of difference

Yes, you can, it comes with a kraft to put your oils in with the seasonings

No nuts are allowed and yes we can have soy sauce just watch the sugar and sodium in them. Get the one with the lowest of course

Welcome to a great group of people. We or someone WILL ALWAYS be here to help you out if you have a question. Never be afraid to ask because someone else might want to ask it but it too afraid to post :)

Today My clinic had the NEW LEMON puffs!!....they are coats like the chocolate and peanut butter ones. They are good but I still like my apple cinnamon, there is MORE in the apple cinnamon puffs than there are in the others. Bigger bags as well :)

Check carefully on the Good Seasons with the carafe... The Italian flavor packet contains sugar! EEK!:?:

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Check carefully on the Good Seasons with the carafe... The Italian flavor packet contains sugar! EEK!:?:

Thanks for the heads up, personally I don't use . I just make my own :)

4kiddos
01-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Made some meatloaf tonight from a fellow chicks recipe suggestion. My husband and all my kids loved it. My MIL hated it. She kept telling me I needed to add some bread crumbs or crackers and it needed more seasning and a topping with ketchup and brown sugar. Hello!!!!! I know how to make an off program meatloaf that isn't that great for us but I am staying to stay OP. Then she told me a little fat and butter wouldn't hurt me. I was being too strict. *Sigh* I just politely told her that there is no room for cheating on this plan and I was happy with results thus far so I thought I would continue with my current plan. Glad that my hubby and kids liked it though, they told me to make it again. :)

Determinedat47
01-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Wuv/Lisa-
Thanks for the ideas. Will definitely try some. I don't know why I haven't tried the roasted cauliflower into mashed potato's yet but I need to. One thing that I have tried recently that I like for supper it to roast a eggplant for an hour and then peel the skin off and mix with cooked crumbled hamburger- I have probably eated a ton literally of hamburger with steamed cabbage and much to my surprise, I am getting sick of that combo. The eggplant is a very nice change of pace.

4kiddos
01-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Wuv/Lisa-
Thanks for the ideas. Will definitely try some. I don't know why I haven't tried the roasted cauliflower into mashed potato's yet but I need to. One thing that I have tried recently that I like for supper it to roast a eggplant for an hour and then peel the skin off and mix with cooked crumbled hamburger- I have probably eated a ton literally of hamburger with steamed cabbage and much to my surprise, I am getting sick of that combo. The eggplant is a very nice change of pace.

I will have to try the eggplant/hamburger combo. Thanks for the idea. If you like the mashed potatoes let me know because mine were awful! I don't know if I just am too used to the "real thing" or what. LOL.

wuv2bloved
01-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Wuv/Lisa-

Take that combination and put it in a bell pepper....VIOLA...stuffed bell pepper :)

Shemsham
01-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Just finishing day 5, tomorrow I get to start planning what meals to get Friday at weigh in. I got a sample set when I started. I definatly have some I like (Chocolate drink, raspberry jelly) and some I hate (soup, egg, etc). I was wondering what people thought of the lemon pudding?

alaskastarr
01-12-2012, 12:33 AM
I made it through day 6 and I'm sooo grateful that my day is almost over. I was extremely hungry today and I don't know if I 'm going to be able to do this whole Ideal Protein purchase. I've been thinking of alternatives because it might be less expensive. Both my husband and I have been doing this and I can certainly tell a difference in our size of our stomachs. I don't know what our actual weight loss is yet though. I'm hopeful it will be significant so my husband stays on this protocol. I need help in not being so hungry during the day. I have the shake/coffee mixture which is yummy. Then salad with cucumbers/celery for lunch and ideal protein soup and a normal dinner in line with the protocol. I also have a snack before dinner from the ideal protein arsenal and tea throughout the day, but there are moments that I'm starving. Usually between 2-5pm...

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Hot tea, coffee, or even just a leaf of lettuce should help with the hunger. That's what I've been doing! I'm spending very little on this diet and I'm just making the best of what I have. I'm DEFINITELY going to invest in some items to nibble at in case of hunger come Friday. Times when I pull all-nighters like I am right now are just not easy to make through without eating a part of the next day/today's food. x[ I ate two slices of black forest ham so that I could stay up and finish cleaning. I'm not sure if that's okay to eat, but it was better than me going for a whole bowl of pasta. I'm glad I started this diet when I did, because now I know what my next week's shopping list should look like.

alaskastarr
01-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Morning again !

YAY YOU!!!! :carrot: WTG!!! I am so excited every time I hear of a pound lost!

Linden
01-12-2012, 03:30 AM
I made it through day 6 and I'm sooo grateful that my day is almost over. I was extremely hungry today and I don't know if I 'm going to be able to do this whole Ideal Protein purchase. I've been thinking of alternatives because it might be less expensive. Both my husband and I have been doing this and I can certainly tell a difference in our size of our stomachs. I don't know what our actual weight loss is yet though. I'm hopeful it will be significant so my husband stays on this protocol. I need help in not being so hungry during the day. I have the shake/coffee mixture which is yummy. Then salad with cucumbers/celery for lunch and ideal protein soup and a normal dinner in line with the protocol. I also have a snack before dinner from the ideal protein arsenal and tea throughout the day, but there are moments that I'm starving. Usually between 2-5pm...

Well, that was yesterday; today is today. Please don't judge the whole plan by how you felt on just one day. This is for fife. :hug: On a purely practical level, celery and cucumbers have very little nutrition compared to the colored vegetables. I hope you're eating some leafy greens, as suggested. And if you're really hungry, eat something, chew on something, to get you through. More protein will NOT hurt you.

MaMaZu
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM

Yay! The salt totally did the trick, thanks a million. My BP typically runs low so I think that was it.