Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 209/209/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Can we have any nuts of any sort? almonds, walnut, peanut etc. ?? and did i see somewhere that we can have soy sauce??

Thanks in advance
Soy Sauce is a yes, just make sure it doesn't have added sugar. I believe the nuts are a no.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1963 View Post
Hello fellow 1st timers! Glad the not so newbys are here to keep us going with knowledge and incouragement! I am a nurse and trying this on my own with out a coach. I have done lots of research on the IP diet and how to do it, but my will power is what sucks! I gained 40 lbs in nursing school a while back and have never got rid of it, mostly due to no exercise. I eat pretty well, but...... along comes fiance' who is tall and narrow and loves desert and anything baked! Alas- I love to bake. No wt came off. So today is day 1 and I a have a small HA. Sea Salt and it's gone. Yea! Going to get on here as often as I can for guidence. Thanks to everyone!
I am doing it without a coach as well. It's not so bad with the help of this site I order food from nashuanutrition.com, I used EAS shakes and pure protein bars. As well as, follow the guidance of those from this site
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #123  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Can we have any nuts of any sort? almonds, walnut, peanut etc. ?? and did i see somewhere that we can have soy sauce??

Thanks in advance
Unfortunately, no nuts Oh how I miss them--almost as much as cheese!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Thumbs up

Quote:
I am doing it without a coach as well. It's not so bad with the help of this site I order food from nashuanutrition.com, I used EAS shakes and pure protein bars. As well as, follow the guidance of those from this site
I got that Nashua information from another nurse too. . I am looking forward to getting in to the jeans I wore before nusing school, size 9/10. These tight 14's make me sad.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
I got that Nashua information from another nurse too. . I am looking forward to getting in to the jeans I wore before nusing school, size 9/10. These tight 14's make me sad.
I totally skipped any size below a 12... by sixth grade i was out of kids clothes and into womens size 12's. However, my first goal weight is 140, my ultimate goal is to be in a size 8! I would DIE... i would fall over and DIE if i ever made it to an 8... I"m looking forward to get outta the 20's. ugh.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #126  

S/C/G: S 242 / C 226 / G 180

Height: 5' 10"

I am nearing the end of my first day. I was really hungry between 2 and 5pm, I think I should have used my snack then - and not after dinner. I did make the lemon poppy seed chicken from these forums for dinner - it was FANTASTIC! I will use it a lot!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #127  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpspaz View Post
I am nearing the end of my first day. I was really hungry between 2 and 5pm, I think I should have used my snack then - and not after dinner. I did make the lemon poppy seed chicken from these forums for dinner - it was FANTASTIC! I will use it a lot!
Did your coach tell the wonderful relief that comes from a dill pickle... It can change a crippling temptation into a victory moment!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #128  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
I am really missing my coffee so I was wondering if we have decaf do we have to drink another glass of water to compensate?
If you drink decaf, you don't have to replace it with water, but it doesn't count towards your water for the day. Actually, full strength coffee has saved my butt on hungry days. I would drink the two cups of water to make up for the coffee, then drink the coffee. Talk about fill you up!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

It's nearing the end of day three and I feel successful overall. I was in a great mood today, but everyone else in the house was a little blah. There I was skipping and humming and I felt like my parents were about to start fighting or something. Can't wait for tomorrow!

I'll be lurking the forums for the rest of the night/into early morning but will mostly be doing laundry xP
Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #130  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Can someone give me an idea or just ballpark estimate of how much i can lose by may 24th?
IP says the average is 3 to 4 pounds per week. I average about 3 pounds per week. I've been on IP for 3 months and 3 weeks and I've lost 52 pounds so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
Woosh Fairy has visited Lafayette. I lost 3.6 pounds and I only have .6 pounds left to lose to get to goal. Never thought this would happen. If you are just getting on the plan, I can honestly say this diet is very strict but one of the easiest diets I have ever been on. With other diets, I had not seen the results that I have seen on Ideal Protein. It does work, but you can't cheat.
That is wonderful - congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Do you guys really think it would hurt me if I didn't eat romaine lettuce? I just am nooot enjoying the taste of it. Another con is that it doesn't stay good a whole week and I can only go shopping at the beginning of the week or when my mom goes. I saw someone say it was more to keep you regular; is there some sort of . . . . romaine substitute I can do? Or just cut it out altogether?
I never eat romaine, not that I don't like it, I just don't eat it on IP and I've done just fine.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
So here I am again... Made it to goal in 6 mos. Lost 50 pounds and IP Maintenance is so fun! But alas, along came the holidays and sooo many parties and celebrating and fun and FOOD FOOD FOOD. Long and short of it, I gained 15 pounds back and begin today the return to ketosis. I am re-setting my goal to 10 lower than my original. I turned 60 in December and am so pleased that even us oldies can lose and then maintain. Smile. Happy Wednesday to all.
gREAT to see you back! You are soooo positive all the time, I look forward to reading your posts.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
LOL....I am glad you didn't mind it, My mom tells me all the time, Lisa don't be so honest some times....lol....I tell her well mom, If the truth can't be told why lie about it? Its the truth that will set you free.....right?
Lisa, just wondering how in the world you have managed to stay honest all these months. I did so good when I was"on" but am getting sick of chopping veggies, am tired f the hot teas I used to like- am getting pretty sick of the packets too. I bet you are thinking whawhawha! any new tricks or tips that you can pass on and honestly, have you burned yourself out on anything yet? So many things I used to love eating/ drinking, I cannot stand anymore!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #133  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I prefer romaine, but it is more expensive. I feel like the romaine hearts last longer than the bagged stuff. I try to mix romaine and iceberg together for our salads at home. The kids don't love romaine, but will tolerate a little bit in their salad.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #134  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
Just had the pink lemonade--not great with my tastebuds
Try adding a packet of splenda, makes a world of difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
This is exactly why I haven't eaten any of it :/ meh. I need italian or something, but i haven't ordered walden farms yet.

I saw someone said that we could use the "make your own" good seasonings [i think it's called?] from the store? can someone verify?
Yes, you can, it comes with a kraft to put your oils in with the seasonings

Quote:

Thanks in advance
No nuts are allowed and yes we can have soy sauce just watch the sugar and sodium in them. Get the one with the lowest of course

Quote:
Hello fellow 1st timers! Glad the not so newbys are here to keep us going with knowledge and incouragement! I am a nurse and trying this on my own with out a coach. I have done lots of research on the IP diet and how to do it, but my will power is what sucks! I gained 40 lbs in nursing school a while back and have never got rid of it, mostly due to no exercise. I eat pretty well, but...... along comes fiance' who is tall and narrow and loves desert and anything baked! Alas- I love to bake. No wt came off. So today is day 1 and I a have a small HA. Sea Salt and it's gone. Yea! Going to get on here as often as I can for guidence. Thanks to everyone!
Welcome to a great group of people. We or someone WILL ALWAYS be here to help you out if you have a question. Never be afraid to ask because someone else might want to ask it but it too afraid to post

Today My clinic had the NEW LEMON puffs!!....they are coats like the chocolate and peanut butter ones. They are good but I still like my apple cinnamon, there is MORE in the apple cinnamon puffs than there are in the others. Bigger bags as well
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #135  

Height: 5' 4.5"

I had my weigh in today...done with my 2nd week and 3.8 (and 7.75 inches) gone! Not a huge weight loss like some but I will take it and be slow and steady and get this stinkin' weight off!

So thrilled I'm not gaining weight every week like I was pre-IP! Feeling blessed to not be craving....tempted more out of habit then DRIVE! Thankful!
Closed Thread