Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/221/199

Height: 5'4"

Default Re-introducing myself!

Unfortunately, I am re-introducing myself as I haven't been on here in quite some time.

I lost down to 179 in 2010, and gained back up to 203. My weight had been fluctuating between 180s-190s until about 6 months ago. I could feel I was gaining but didn't have the courage to step on the scale until last week. I cannot believe I let myself get back over 200lbs!!!!!

So now the journey begins again. I shouldn't have stopped. I told myself I was taking a "break" and never went back on my "diet". I have to change my LIFESTYLE and I know that...it's just so hard.
allmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Starting again is always hard but you've done it before & you can do it again. I've been here for a day or 2 & this place seems like an amazing source of inspiration & motivation.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

I lost 30 pounds in 2008, from 180 down to 150, but here I am again at 185 and starting all over. But I have done it before, so I can do it again. We've both been successful, so we just need to get motivated again and be consistant. We can do it!
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #4  

You're in the right place. I totally understand the YO YO - I think we all do. I think the important thing is to never stop trying. Can you imagine if you really just gave up for good and ate whatever you wanted? I do think for me that would leave me to morbid obesity! I could definitely see myself getting way up there if I didn't keep trying to get back on the wagon. Sometimes I think that telling myself this and that it's okay to fall off as long as you get back up is just an excuse and a bunch of BS but I am trying to lean the other way - to be proud of the good decisions that I DO make instead of hating myself for the poor choices that happen sometimes. Losing weight and maintaining a loss is very hard - I mean you have to make good decisions OVER and OVER again...for the rest of your life - that's not a small statement! So please, dust yourself off and be happy that the mindset is there for you to keep trying! We've all seen what happens when people give up for good...we will support you!
cestets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Allmylife, welcome, glad to have you re-join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/221/199

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Thanks for the support you all! I have joined a program at work called the "biggest loser" derived from the TV show. The team that loses the highest percentage of weight by April gets the money, which is over $2000. Motivates me alot, since I have others counting on me!
allmylife is offline   Reply With Quote