Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 304.6/304.6/220

Height: 5'11"

Cool Hey

Hey all, I have been reading around on the sight and decided I should start making some friends and a good support team My name is Cindy, I am 28 as of January 17th. This year I have made the decision that my life is worth it to lose weight, I am at my heaviest weight ever and am starting the Ideal Protein diet on January 18th My life has been a roller coaster, including my weight.. in 3 years i have put on over 70lbs. I am not happy about it but depression added to my weight in a big way. I eat for fun, when I am sad, when I am bored.. I just eat to eat... A little over a year ago my youngest son passed away suddenly and since then I have gained about 50 of the last 70lbs. I have 2 other sons also. I deal with the grief everyday but I know I need to do something so that my children to lose me too. I have diabetes since 2004, I had a tumor that was attached to the back of my pancreas and they had to remove half of it. I have gained so much belly fat and had to up my insulin so much my dr flat out said, do this diet.. its gonna save your life..

So I am ready, my family is supporting me but I need people who are going thru exactly what I am. I tried WW and it didn't work for me, i tried HCG, boy was that a joke.. so I am hoping and praying that this diet is it for me.. I need to see weight come off quickly so I will stick to it!! I have dreamt of the day that I can be happy with my body again..

Thanks for reading, I am super open and love to talk so get at me!!!
Cindy
ReadytobeHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Cindy, welcome, glad to have you join us. I'm sorry for the loss of your son. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 30-Somethings, Dieting with Obstacles, and Ideal Protein sub-forums
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152.6/152.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Cindy!!

So sorry for your loss!! You picked the right forum for support and making new friends! I have been doing IP for 4wks tomorrow! I weigh in then but I lost 11.4lbs in 3wks! I have tried every diet posssible and this is the only diet that has worked!!! Were all here for you!
Maggie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 304.6/304.6/220

Height: 5'11"

Thanks ladies, i am really really excited about starting the diet!!! I will definately check out some other forums!!
ReadytobeHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote