Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/301.6/200

Height: 5'6

Default New here...Disgusted with myself!

Hello! I'm 24, new here...I was supposed to start watching my diet and get back into exercise last Monday (new year, new you =]) and ended up with some type of Upper respiratory.

I feel disgusted with myself for letting myself get this big (currently 297...5 lbs away from my delivery date weight with my daughter =[), for letting myself stray when I'm doing well (had lost 10lbs in 1 month last year, and stopped progress..) and for letting myself use excuses to keep me out of the gym (too tired, have to get home and finish chores, etc).

My husband, God bless him, loves me as I am, and therefore is no help keeping me on track. "You're beautiful, you can eat that pizza." "Well, if you don't want a cheeseburger, I'm not hungry either, then."

I need a lot of help, and non judgemental support, and I really think I can find it here.

Anyone else my size starting this journey? Do you feel as disgusted and daunted as I do?
Jesseka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Jesseka, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 20-somethings
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #3  
In it to win it!!

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Hello Jesseka!!! If you need support I am here. I know what it feels like as well, my husband is the same way too and I, too, feel disgusted for letting myself go but we can do this. Last year I was at 253 lbs, I was very happy with my progress and then life got in the way. I was dealing with so many personal and family problems and I let myself go AGAIN!! I gained back most of what I had lost but I am now reclaiming my life and plan on doing this again. We can do this!!!

Oh and I usually tell my husband, "Well if you're not hungry save it for tomorrow." Do you have a plan?? I am counting calories, I eat between 1800 to 1900 calories a day and have lost consistently. I walk 3 times a week, take the stairs often(I live on a fifth floor), and pedal my stationary bike a couple times a week.

Good luck with everything.
Vivian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/147/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jessika-

I know it's easier said than done, but for me the first step was to stop feeling disgusted with myself. The more I beat myself up over my weight, the easier it was to say "what difference does it make" and eat badly and keep the cycle going. Try really hard to change your "soundtrack" from self loathing to self loving. I really think it helps. Look at it this way- you're 24 years old and making a decision that will have a great positive impact on the rest of your life and your daughter's life! Congratulate yourself for making this change now, while you still have plenty of time to enjoy the results, when it would be so easy to keep making excuses.

You will definitely get a lot of support and encouragement here. Look at some of the success stories and you'll be so inspired! Stop beating yourself up and realize you deserve to be a success story too!
makingthechanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #5  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Hi Jesseka!
I am new here too but I have been following Weight Watchers since October. Looks like we have a similar weight and goal. I don't go to Weight Watchers meetings because I went to a couple and didn't like them so I just follow it on my own. I don't do a whole lot of exercising but I do walk my dogs every night and about 5 nights a week we walk for about an hour. I can relate to the husband stuff too! The only thing that makes it easier for me is I am veggie and he is a huge meat eater so we are used to eating different things anyway! Don't be disgusted with yourself!! Try to focus on the positive. It works most of the time You can do it!! Set some mini-goals and reward yourself when you meet them.

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I have to tell you. You have to do what is best for you. And quit fighting the journey. Embrace it and love it.

You can't be any good to anyone else unless you are good to yourself.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

And yes, I've crept up more than I want and yeah, I'm starting over.

But I don't talk to myself that way -- about being disgusted and whatnot. How's that help? Not just losing weight but having to live with an internal meanie putting you down?

I can't do 10 lbs in one month. That's not realistic for me. Maybe keeping up that kind of pace was what had you stray?

Think about what you learned in your last experience and try again.

It will be ok -- just one baby step at a time!

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote