Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200+/IDK/120

Height: 5'3"

Default New and Motivated!

Hi everyone! My name is Kristen, I'm 25 years old and from Philadelphia.

My entire life I have struggled with my weight. I was a "fat kid". I went on a diet when I was 15 which spiraled into an eating disorder, unfortunately.

4 years ago I started experiencing panic attacks daily. I was forced to stop working due to panic attacks. This just forced me into a deep depression and gaining tons of weight.

In May 2011 I started on my weight loss journey. I don't weight myself, I haven't in 10 years in fear of triggering my unhealthy habits. I wore a size 18 or 20 pants.

I started off with Weight Watchers and noticed changes fast! For me, weight watchers was great for a few months, but not practical for me. I truly believe it's a great program, and definitely teaches portion control, but I was always hungry.

By the end of July/Early August I noticed I could fit into smaller sizes I was happy to be able to buy a size Large (in Junior's) dress for the first time in years.

In the first week of December I bought a manual elliptical, and I'm feeling stronger and better than I have in a long time!

This year, buy "bikini season" I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror. I know my situation is complex, as I don't weight myself, and don't know my high or current weight exactly, but I want to be able to rock a bikini! I have a long way to go, and that's why I joined here!

High weight pic:

and pic from today:

I know I have a long way to go! I want to work on my pouch on my stomach, my thighs, hips, and upper arms!

I'm 5'2" and eat between 1,000-1,200 calories a day. I also do 20 minutes on the elliptical, which I'm trying to increase!

I'm open to all suggestions, and I look forward to making friends here!

Last edited by kristenmarieg; 01-03-2012 at 10:51 PM.
kristenmarieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Kristen, welcome, glad to have you join us. Many people here don't weigh either, they gauge there progress by clothes size, measurements or other NSV {non-scale victories}; I"m sure you'll fit right in. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diets, themes, or age groups, find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the Calorie Counters and the 20-Somethings sub-forums. Cute Doggie!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-03-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: because I can't type or spell correctly!!!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/IDK/120

Height: 5'3"

Thank you so much for letting me know my way around here and thank you!
kristenmarieg is offline   Reply With Quote