Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #1  

Default New and vocalizing goal

Hello all. First let me say how completely happy I am to have found such a supportive group. I've been reading threads and could not be happier about the mindset of all here.

My story is long, so I'll save the details of this rough year for later. What matters to me most right now is to stop ignoring what's happening to myself, both physically and psycholigically. I've reached my all time high weight of 290's (realized this Aug when had to ask for a seat belt extension on an airplane), and due to a depression caused by other factors I gave up and almost dared myself to hit 300 (who cares now I would think). I care now!

My husband and I are stationed in Germany with the military, but within the next 60-90 days will be restationed to the Seattle Area --- another plane ride. I will NOT need that extension, period! In May I rode without the need for one, so I'm guestimating 20 lbs would make that possible. I hope you do not mind me making myself accountable here, as just doing it in my mind has led to couch habitation for a month already
Teleutesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Welcome to the forum! You'll find great support and friendship here. Thank your husband for me - our military men and women need to be reminded that we appreciate what they do for us and for freedom. I hope you have a great holiday and are on USA ground soon.

I know you can lose 20 pounds in 2 months, even with the holidays. Get a plan, stick with it, join us here. There is already a thread started for a 1/1/12 to 7/1/12 challenge. Start your own if you want. I find it's a great way to stay accountable. No one likes coming in here and saying they messed up. We all do it, we just don't like having to type in the words! I find it helps me.

Looking forward to your posts.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome - you will find folks here very helpful, supportive and full of wisdome. Glad you posted.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Welcome! You can definitely reach your goal, but it will take hard work and diligence. You can do it!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote