Old 11-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #1  

Default Eating normally

Right off the bat, I'll say that today was not my healthiest day. I had some chips and guacamole for a snack, 2 slices of pizza for dinner and then a couple scoops of ice cream afterwards.

However, I am very pleased with how today went eating-wise. Why? Other days, this is what would have happened: half a bag of chips and a ton of guacamole, as much pizza as I could eat, a whole thing of ice cream. I would say that's an improvement and most importantly, it's how "normal" people eat. Normal eating people get right back to eating healthily the next day without too much guilt, which is my plan! Usually going off plan leads to out of control binging because hey, why not? I've already ruined the day! I even pondered eating the rest of the junk food because I wanted all the "bad" food gone, which is the ridiculously illogical thought process of compulsive overeating. I can have the leftover pizza later or give it to my roommate. Where did this "eat all the bad food at once and start fresh tomorrow" nonsense come from? So even though the food wasn't healthy and I was slightly over my calories, I still ate with a normal mindset: I ate foods that I liked/wanted and stopped when I was full after having a little bit. To me, that is a victory!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Great job, Chloe. You have used slightly different word to describe my new plan, which is to "eat like a thin person." I've said this in other posts, but I've been trying to model my maintenance eating on how "thin" people eat. Just like what you described. When a day of slight overindulgence jumps in, just go back to being on plan right away. I think the point we "heavies' have missed all along is that we don't have to eat it all in one sitting. That what we consider to be "on plan" the thin people just see as "eating." LOL If we could learn that no one will actually take it away from us, we might be better able to realize we can have "some" and leave the rest for another time. And if we do go overboard, oh well. Just get back on track about healthy eating right away.

It's fantastic that you realize this now and can incorporate this positive behavior into the rest of your life's eating habits. Keep it up!

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 11-19-2011 at 11:53 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:30 AM   #3  
committed

S/C/G: 299/147/120

Height: 5'2"

Yay Chloe! I'm very familiar with the " 'eat all the bad food at once and start fresh tomorrow' nonsense" -- ya done good!!
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:08 AM   #4  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

That's a huge victory! That's the perfect mindset to have. I've been there so many times with the eating all the bad food at once scenario. What was I thinking?!
BeachKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #5  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

OH absolutely!!! I sometimes have what I refer to as on plan cheat days. I calorie count so I'll be within my calories but might not eat the very best stuff... like spare ribs. I don't do it very often, maybe once a week or two, but I love that I can chose to eat what I like in a responsible manner. Makes me very optimistic about maintenance!

Congrats! That really is a huge accomplishment!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #6  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Great Job and great attitude! I think that's what makes us stay on track is ou attitude towards a slip up. I don't really think it was a slip up though because were allowed to have those things just in moderation. Good for you! Your doing great!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #7  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Great job girl!!!!! Yup we need to learn to eat (like Lin said) like a think person.

It's awesome that you're learning this now! Keep it up!

On weekends I am super super busy with the kids and my girlfriend coaches hockey, we are ALWAYS on the road. So yesterday I had pizza and wings for lunch and dinner. Not the greatest BUT portion size. I only had 5 wings, and for lunch 2 slices of pizza, it was my boys birthday so I had like 2 bites of cake but couldn't finish it.

Choices and portion size really help and then we just get right back on track.

Before I would have had at LEAST 10 wings, 15 more like it and 5 slices of pizza and 2 pieces of cake! LOL

So good on ya for becoming aware and keep on top of it. It's not like we can't enjoy the foods out there, but I really think making it as healthy as possible or portion size is the key.

Last edited by InsideMe; 11-20-2011 at 01:12 PM.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #8  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

WTG Chloe! That is definitely an accomplishment!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #9  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

congrats on recognizing this. every victory counts!
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #10  

It's great so many of us are realizing this! My eating plan is one for life and I can't imagine a life without some pizza now and then...
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote