Old 11-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Default size perspective.

we were walking in the mall a couple days ago and went into Old Navy.

I hadn't been there in a long time.

While we were walking, I saw a pair of 18's hanging on the rack. I remember having to squeeze into a pair of 18's and being proud when I finally got into 16's at Old Navy. It's so weird to look at them now, since now my "fat pants" are a pair of 10's from express, and I am trying to get into 8's comfortably.

For me, my size is my size and no matter what weight i'm at, I always feel big. Its strange to see how big I was hanging on the rack and to not feel very different about the way i look. Like, I know i'm smaller by the sizes I wear and the number on the scale and how much easier it is to move and how less tired I get, but when i walk in a crowd i still feel larger and unattractive.

For me, its okay to still feel like that now because it's part of my motivation to keep losing. However, I hope that at goal I will face this demon of self-image.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I totally know what you're saying. It's really weird to see your old size compared to your new one. I still think some of my pants that fit now (4s and 6s) seem so "tiny" and that my 14s and 16s seem "normal."

I'll take clothes that used to be tight on me (say some XL shirts or something) and think "well I've lost some weight, they should fit now" only to have them be comically large. 60 pounds is just a LITTLE MORE than "some weight" but I can't seem to grasp that.

I don't feel like a normal weighted individual. I still feel like my 200 pound self sometimes and I'm hoping that over time I'll see myself as I really am. It's kind of weird to look at a recent photo and not recognize myself...
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #3  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I think this is totallt normal. Our self-image seems to take awhile to catch up with out weight loss. Even though you look in the mirror everyday, it seems not as noticeable as other, more tangible changes like how you feel, running farther, etc.

I am finally where I want to be and I still have days where I think, "Huh. How can I go from a 14 to a 4 anf feel like I look the same in my jeans?" And other days it is, "Oh, girl! Go on with your bad self!" LOL

The longer I go, I have more "skinny" days than "fat" days, but no one will ever feel awesome 100% of the time. HUGS!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #4  

I see it when I see my arse in a mirror in a dressing room. I feel it when a rib or hip bumps into something it didn't used to bump into. Day-to-day? Not so much.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

I used to wear 4x and size 26 pants now I'm a 14-18 and xl-1x. I got a ways to go but I went to a plus size store the other day to see if anything there was small enough to buy since its hard to find 14-18 in normal stores and i saw a pair of 24 pants and they were soooo big to me and yet i was a size bigger than that before, when I was a size 26 I didn't see it as that bad oddly enough and now see my size 14-18 as huge so seeing that I used to be a good 10 sizes bigger than what I now consider huge is shocking. All my favourite band tees that I bought that were so tight as a 2x mens are now so big i could fit both me and my bf in them probably. I guess you don't realise your size til you're not at that size anymore and than it takes time to notice that you're no longer 'huge' :P
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

gosh, I feel you guys SO much!
The last time I've been i a store was 4 months ago and I bought a sweater. The only size they had was S and when I looked at it, it seemed soooo tiny and I felt sooooo huge. I did fit in it tho, but really, it seemes so surreal to me!
Within these 4 months I've lost about 15 pounds and I fit in none of my pants (they're 10). I really have to get myself some new ones since I'm about to go on maintainance. I'm really terrified of it, because I fear I won't fit in any jeans. I want to get myself salsa jeans (don't know if you guys know them, they're push-up jeans that make your behind look fantastic and they're kinda slim in the waist). Salsa jeans are "hot people" kind of clothes to me and since I still feel 215 pounds, I feel as if I'm not entitled to them. And, of course, I fear none will fit me ...
So, yeah, I've set myself a date, I'm probbably going there on the 29th. Facing my fear
I know it's a little thing, not a real problem really, but I want to overcome it, because it affects my self-confidence.
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

I remember the first time I lost weight, it was odd - but now I'm WISHING for that odd feeling again. For me, it was nice to see a new shape under a new style of clothes. I'm assuming that this weight loss will be more dramatic since I'm at my highest point, but at the moment, I would welcome the "sureal" aspect of it. =)
Winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #8  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I understand it all to well, I have started having to buy smaller sizes for myself but when I look in the mirror I don't see a difference in my body. Sometimes, I even try on the extra large just in case it fits "better". It never does but I am still having a very hard time getting paste it. I still see my large muffin top and flubbery belly. I am hoping my mind starts catching up soon! I would love to the in the mirror and have a "DAMN GIRL" experience lol
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #9  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I remember when I was a size 22 in pants. Now I'm a 12-13 but I look in the mirror and still see that I'm overweight. I'm hoping to get down to a size 7-8 in pants. I really have to work on my tummy and waist. I'm big chested so I have to wear tops that are but aren't to form fitting. I don't want it tight round my tummy. No cute to see your wobbly bits.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote