Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #1  

Default Hello all !!

My name is Maris, I'm 20 years old and I currently weigh 290 lbs. I've been wanting to change for the past 2 years but it's been hard for me. I've been trying to let past things go and move on to being healthy again. My height is 5'10 (btw). I've been this tall since 10 grade. I started to gain weight when I was in 9th grade , little at a time but then in large amounts as I progressed through high school. My height in weight in 9th grade was 5'9 , 135 lbs. I was born a thin girl and up until then I was thin. Things happened and I became more stressed during high school , so I found comfort in eating. I still find myself
eating to feel better but now I just can't take it anymore. I'm done with it all. Its hard for me because my frame really cannot take all this weight I have packed on. I have bronchitis and Asthma so its hard on my lungs, not to mention I have weak ankles. I hope I can get support on my way to losing these pounds. I hope to support you all to. Take care!
fineunderthesunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum Maris! Congrats on taking the first step in deciding to do something about your weight and leading a healthier lifestyle.
Do you know what food plan you are planning of following? There is a ton of information on this site about many different food plans. Be sure to pick one that fits with your lifestyle and you can stick to long term.
It sounds like exercise may be tough for you at first but I would encourage you to try the move a little more even if its starting as small as walking down your driveway and back. The more weight you lose, the easier it will be for you to exercise and the better you will feel!
I am cheering you on and wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote