Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #1  

Exclamation Hello Weight Loss World

My name is beth and i'm 17 years old. i weigh 250 lbs. and standing at 5'4'', thats not healthy. I'm looking for advice and support from the rest of you guys. its starting to affect my health and the doctors said i might not be able to have kids if i dont lose the weight i need to. please help me
beth2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Hello! Welcome to the forum. You will find an amazing amount of information and support on this site.
First, choose a food plan that works with your lifestyle and you can stick to long term. I personally choose calories counting. It is easy and its free and it allows me to have what I want within moderation.
About 5 months in to my weight loss journey I started exercising on a regular basis. IT helps burn calories but it also makes me feel so much better. Try to make small exercise goals for yourself, take a walk, join a gym, whatever works for you.
Break your weight loss down into small goals, like 5 lbs and then the next 5 lbs. Sometimes, looking at the whole number can be daunting and meeting those mini goals gives you a boost to keep moving.
Best of luck to you. Wish I would have done something about my weight when I was your age. I feel like my weight kept me prisoner and like I missed my youth.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #3  
Just another girl.

You are very smart to try to drop some of the weight at such a young age. I'm about to turn 30 and I wish I had have gotten my weight under control when I was still a teenager.

There's tons of support here Just have a look around and start posting in some threads you think are relevant to you, that's how I always start off!
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote