Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #1  
PreCond. June 21, 2011

S/C/G: 163/144/130

Height: 5'3

Default Has Anyone Done MRC Without the HNS Drinks??!

I am seriously out of money and not sure if I will be able to purchase any more HNS for a few weeks!! I didn't say anything at WI today, because the whole thing is stressing me out so badly and I didn't need the extra "pressure" from the consultant. I only have enough for 1 or 2 days max.

Has anyone done the program minus the drinks and had any success?

Thanks for your feedback!
ConnieInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #2  

Connie .... they used to have a menu for people who didn't want to take the drinks .... I had it at one time, but do not any longer. It just involved adding lean protein in place of the dinks ... 60-80 calories worth (think egg whites, chicken, fish). You could ask if they have that menu. Because they make their money selling the product, I don't know what they'll say. The only reason I got it the first time is because the consultant at that time was a personal friend.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #3  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I would suck it up and talk to them about it. FWIW, I wouldn't want to tell them, either, so I sympathize, but I just think it would be easier to tell them, and I bet they'll have a better reaction than you anticipate. Just tell them your situation. If you're honest about lack of funds, I think a person would be hard pressed to give you a rough time.

That said, look at the nutrition info on HNS, and then look at, for example cottage cheese, eggs, and chicken breast or fish. Cottage cheese is very close to whey protein, which is what's in the HNS. That could probably tide you over for a couple weeks at least.

Also, I would suggest going down to the minimum amount, which is 2 if you're on green, unless you get hungry on that.

Once you have a bit more money available, you might try the suggestion from SailorsGirl about using 100% any whey protein and making her own with crystal light. It cuts the cost of HNS by about 75%. I bought a big jar on amazon for $33, free shipping. It has 60 servings. I haven't tried it yet, so I'll let you know about the taste, but she likes it just fine.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #4  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtara84 View Post
Once you have a bit more money available, you might try the suggestion from SailorsGirl about using 100% any whey protein and making her own with crystal light. It cuts the cost of HNS by about 75%. I bought a big jar on amazon for $33, free shipping. It has 60 servings. I haven't tried it yet, so I'll let you know about the taste, but she likes it just fine.
I use this for my HNS Clears. I'm losing just fine. It is way cheaper. Like was said in previous posts it has a slight vanilla-ish flavor. It tastes so good with fruit punch, strawberry, cherry limeade, etc. off brand crystal lights, imo. I've been drinking 3 a day since the 27th of August and I have a little over half left. It's nutritional information is almost identical to the clear HNS's. It's sodium and protein is a little higher, is all that I could find different. I bought the shaker bottle with the ball but I found that it stirs just fine too. If I go anywhere I put a scoop into a small snack size baggie with 1/2 the "crystal light" packet and mix it with 6 to 8oz of water.

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 09-10-2011 at 08:25 PM.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #5  

of all of the ingredients listed on the HNS drink packaging, the protein has to be the hydrolyzed gelatin. the product is mostly artificial coloring, flavorings, sweeteners and preservatives. other than 15 grams of gelatin protein, there is no other nutritional value to the product .... think it's hysterical that it's called a high nutrient supplement!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/205/160

Height: 5'7

I had that problem about 2 months ago, and my center told me to go back to the preconditioning menu till I could afford to but the HSN again. Due to loosing my summer job, (seasonal) I cant buy th HSN anymore, so I have been on program without them for about 6week, I am still losing but a lot slower about 1 lb a week. Good luck
dustystar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #7  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

So I tried the 100% any whey protein-- and I can take it or leave it. It does taste vanilla-ish, and it's not unpleasant. The only crystal light I had was raspberry lemonade, and it wasn't that great. In addition to adding a vanilla taste, it also gives it a creamy texture.

I tried it today in diet root beer, and it was great-- kind of like a root beer float. I also got diet orange soda, which I think will be good, too.

I doubt I'll buy it again. I love the price, but I like the clears from MRC or dietdirect better overall. This stuff would be good baked into things like waffles or stirred into yogurt, but we can't have that. I might use this on maintenance, though. Hopefully by the time this stuff is gone, though, I'll be close to maintenance anyhow.

dustystar05-- I had always wondered if/how much you would lose on preconditioning for a longer time. That's good to know.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote