Old 09-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

Default Ordered my Wedding Dress!!!

I've been missin from the forums for a few weeks. Just been busy with life, I guess. But in that time I found and ordered my wedding dress!!!

It's sweetheart neckline strapless. Fitted thru the hips and sorta flares out below the knees a little. I think it's called trumpet or mermaid, but I am having them take in the bottom a lil. Don't want it to be huge. Im normally an A-line girl, but after losing 41 pounds, I wanted something that showed off my progress!!

And the best part... They ordered it in a size 8! But the girl said I actually needed the size 6 except that my boobs were still a size 8. Hahaha! So we ordered the 8 and will be having them take it in thru the waist and hips. I'm so excited.

My fiancé and I have been dating for 10 years and will be getting married on our actual 10 year anniversary. We are just doing a small immediate family only event. When we first got engaged, I asked for cash instead of a big elaborate wedding. We put that towards building our house (ours was completely demolished after Hurricane Katrina). So now the house is built and we just gotta make it legal! We are gonna have the lil ceremony in City Park and then we have a private dining room reserved at one of New Orleans oldest and most historic fancy restaurants. Short, sweet, and simple. I'm not really a frou-frou sorta girl, so the low key deal hits the bill.

Once I figure out how to upload the pic from my phone, I'll include a picture of the dress! Now I gotta hunt for shoes! And I think I want a retro short 'birdcage' style veil.

Last edited by catahoula; 09-05-2011 at 09:51 PM.
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #2  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats, catahoula! How exciting! Can't wait to see it! My fiancee and I have been together for over 7 years now and still aren't in a financial position for a wedding. I said I thought it would be great to get married on our 10 year anniversary since we've already waited this long!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #3  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

OMG! I want to see the dress so badly, I'm a freak about wedding dress!!

When is the big date?
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on the wedding dress! And I love your idea about a small ceremony with money going towards your new house. How exciting. Can't wait to see your dress.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

Omg, everything about that sounds awesome! I'm not even engaged (although I'm hoping that will change soon) and I get stressed out thinking about planning a big wedding. And your dress sounds gorgeous!
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Oh wow! That sounds WONDERFUL! Congrats on finding the dress

Please do upload a photo when you can! Can't wait to see it!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

The date is November 27th. So it's getting close.

I'll try to upload the pic when I get home.
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote